ESPN at war with Pats?

AFJF

"Kraft was on the negotiation committee during a period when TV revenues increased greatly".  This is a statement of fact

"Kraft personally made more money for the owners than they would have made otherwise".  This is a bullsh1t assertion with no basis in fact.  This is the kind of over reach to which we are objecting here.  There is no way to prove it or to even support it so just stop saying it please. 

Kinda sounds just like Deflategate.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether or not you or I share the same opinion as the owners, the owners believe he is the best man to get them the most money. the patriot fans here are just agreeing with the owners. If they thought there was another guy who could have gotten 1% more they would have him lead the team.   

Again that is you assuming you can read the thinking of 31 owners.

No evidence other than the fact that he has not lost his job

Ball pressure test results are not conjecture

I agree with you, ball pressure was a fact.

But how it happened is pure conjecture.

To use your exact words:  "This is a bullsh1t assertion with no basis in fact".

Please stay consistent in your arguements.

I agree with you, ball pressure was a fact.

But how it happened is pure conjecture.

To use your exact words:  "This is a bullsh1t assertion with no basis in fact".

Please stay consistent in your arguements.

I see no inconsistency.

The difference is that in the case of the footballs those were tested before the game and then put back into the possession of the Patriots.  The Patriots organization was made responsible for their safekeeping and the state of those footballs.  It is like a bank.  Once they have accepted a deposit from me then they are responsible and accountable for the safekeeping of that deposit once it is in their possession.  If it is later found to be missing or to have been tampered with in any way then it is still the responsibility of the bank. Not me. I am not required to be able PROVE who in the bank might have doctored the footballs (see what i did there?) in order to hold them responsible.

What part of this is escaping you?

<edited to add>

Good luck with the rogue ball boy excuse when that is the last deflection that remains in the bag of never ending deflections.

I have a guy to do my taxes.  There are plenty of guys.  Mine is pretty good.  There is zero reason for me to believe that plenty of other guys could not do just as well as he does.

Good analogy.

And once again until I am blue in the face here.... Pats fans are the ones making wild over the top assertions about how Bob Kraft personally put money into the pockets of the other owners as if nobody else could have done just as well or even better.  I am sorry but you are the ones making the claim and all I am saying is please provide some proof.

Or put an asterisk by the claim.

This is why Kraft is on the committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

Proove it. Why don't you go to another tax guy? You might be able to save more money. You do not because it is your money and you want to maximize your return and you know this guy is good.

It is the same for Kraft. What we know is the TV package went from 1.9 billion to over 3. Could someone else done just as good, maybe, but the smartest guys in the room kept him as head of the committee for a reason. It is their money and they know he is good.

This is why Kraft is on the committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4PE2hSqVnk

Proove it. Why don't you go to another tax guy? You might be able to save more money. You do not because it is your money and you want to maximize your return and you know this guy is good.

It is the same for Kraft. What we know is the TV package went from 1.9 billion to over 3. Could someone else done just as good, maybe, but the smartest guys in the room kept him as head of the committee for a reason. It is their money and they know he is good.

You prove it.  You are the ones making the claims. I am asking you to prove those claims if you want to make them.

I see no inconsistency.

The difference is that in the case of the footballs those were tested before the game and then put back into the possession of the Patriots.  The Patriots organization was made responsible for their safekeeping and the state of those footballs.  It is like a bank.  Once they have accepted a deposit from me then they are responsible and accountable for the safekeeping of that deposit once it is in their possession.  If it is later found to be missing or to have been tampered with in any way then it is still the responsibility of the bank. Not me. I am not required to be able PROVE who in the bank might have doctored the footballs (see what i did there?) in order to hold them responsible.

What part of this is escaping you?

<edited to add>

Good luck with the rogue ball boy excuse when that is the last deflection that remains in the bag of never ending deflections.

Good luck with the idea that the pats are going to be punished for something that nobody saw and can be explained by science. Remember 9 out of ten dentists say it is not good to gnash your teeth.

Good luck with the idea that the pats are going to be punished for something that nobody saw and can be explained by science. Remember 9 out of ten dentists say it is not good to gnash your teeth.

Let's modify that to "might be explained by science." I'll reserve judgment until I see what the Columbia guy does.

So the Colts intentionally gave the Pats an advantage?

I wonder if those "league sources" originate in Foxboro?

Gotta love when that the Pats will be 100% exonerated for false accusations from a team that can never beat them.

Hell, the Jets will be penalized for Woody's dumbass tampering and Pats walk away from Deflategate with no penalties whatsoever.

Gotta love when that the Pats will be 100% exonerated for false accusations from a team that can never beat them.

Hell, the Jets will be penalized for Woody's dumbass tampering and Pats walk away from Deflategate with no penalties whatsoever.

In a universe full of infinite possibilities that is one of them

No one is saying that the colts gave the pats an advantage. 

Prior to every game both teams give a list of items to the refs that they want the refs to pay particular attention to  such as Browner hitting after 5 yards, Pick plays from stacked WR formations what ever the coaching staff believes that the other team has been getting away with.

The colts knowing that Brady wants the footballs at the min on the spec (brady has given interviewees saying so in the past)  asks for them to be checked during the game as one of the items.  The colts could then inflate their balls outside or somewhere cold so that there would be no PSI drop associated with the ambient temp before submitting those balls to the ref prior to the game.

Now the balls on both sides will lose PSI due to the evaporative cooling due to a wet ball but as long as those balls were inflated to 13-13.25 PSI with the colder air the colts balls would still pass.

The colts then get a ball from the intercepted pass, which Dequell Jackson held onto for a few min before he gave it to his equipment manager for safekeeping. Jackson has gone on the record saying that that ball felt no different from any other ball.  10 min later the colts bring that ball to the ref and ask for it to be checked.  miracle of miracles that is the only ball that is 2 PSi under MIn.  Grigson who was on the sideline, got his ass handed to him by the pats when he was with the rams, then he went to the eagles and lost again and since he took over the colts 3 straight embarrassments on the scoreboard.

The Colts didn't have a NE football until the INT. So, they turned the ball into the NFL after letting pressure out of the ball for good measure.

Giving NE the advantage would have been adding air pressure since Brady lit up the INDY defense in the 2nd half.

Think of all the money that has been wagered since 2007 on all of the Patrtiots' games. Nevada Sen. Dean Heller has said that NFL cheating could be a problem for his state. Something like deflated footballs could very well have changed the over/under in all those games. With this in mind, the NFL has zero interest in an outcome other than one the exonerates the Patriots. Otherwise, they are opening up a whole new can of worms and themselves to lawsuits.

What we are seeing now with this "investigation" is the NFL stalling for time to come up with an excuse that the general public will accept in order to "protect the shield". The 'time' being taken to run a 'thorough' investigation is and always has been time needed to let the story cool off and create a summary to the events that would not make the Patriots look like they did anything wrong.

Colts deflated ball after Jackson’s pick

Deflategate may now have more conspiracy theories than the Kennedy assassination. Here’s the latest: It was the Colts, not the Patriots, who deflated a football in the AFC Championship Game.

Several reports have indicated that the Colts first noticed that the Patriots were deflating footballs when linebacker D’Qwell Jackson intercepted a Tom Brady pass and the ball felt flat. The new conspiracy theory is that after Jackson’s interception, the Colts took some air out of that football on their own sideline before handing it over to the officials to have it tested.

It’s not completely clear where this conspiracy theory started, but it was floated today on Boston radio station WEEI, when Adam Schefter of ESPN was a guest. After the host proposed to Schefter that “The Colts deflated the one ball that D’Qwell Jackson intercepted, and all the other balls were just a tick under,” Schefter said that’s a theory he’s heard.

“I do think there are people who believe that,” Schefter said. “I know there are people who believe that. . . . I’ll just say, I’m not even going to specify, there are people who believe that, OK? There are people who believe that. And I think there are people who have heard that theory and who say, ‘That’s impossible.'”

It’s still unclear how many of the Patriots’ 12 offensive footballs were found to be deflated, and by how much. There have been reports that 11 of the 12 balls were significantly under-inflated, and if those reports are correct, then the theory that the Colts deflated a ball wouldn’t explain why 10 other balls were under-inflated. But there have also been reports that only one ball was significantly under-inflated, and that other balls were either within the correct inflation range or only barely under-inflated. If those reports are true — and if the one ball that was significantly under-inflated was the one that the Colts handed over to the officials after Jackson’s interception — that could lend some credence to the new conspiracy theory. And, of course, if that’s found to be true, then the Colts would find themselves in hot water with the league.

Could it turn out that it’s the Colts, not the Patriots, who get busted for Deflategate? It sounds crazy. But at this point we can’t rule anything out.

Think of all the money that has been wagered since 2007 on all of the Patrtiots' games. Nevada Sen. Dean Heller has said that NFL cheating could be a problem for his state. Something like deflated footballs could very well have changed the over/under in all those games. With this in mind, the NFL has zero interest in an outcome other than one the exonerates the Patriots. Otherwise, they are opening up a whole new can of worms and themselves to lawsuits.

What we are seeing now with this "investigation" is the NFL stalling for time to come up with an excuse that the general public will accept in order to "protect the shield". The 'time' being taken to run a 'thorough' investigation is and always has been time needed to let the story cool off and create a summary to the events that would not make the Patriots look like they did anything wrong.

Please explain this, this is hilarious. How would betters know  that balls are under inflated or if any other cheating such as cap cheating, piping in noise, texting in plays when you monitoring a TV.  The line would not change. Bettors bet on projections based on what results happened.  If the pats or any team was getting a slight/large/huge advantage from cheating in the past that would already be reflected in the line. 

And tell me how the league opens them selves to lawsuits? The NFL does not even allow game gambling in any state that has a team. So in other words they discourage gambling. Now they certainly benefit by the added interest it generates but they don;t even allow the talk shows on the nFL channel to talks spreads. Do you think Columbia is going to allow any smirch on their reputation?

If they wanted to protect the shield why did someone in the league office leak that to Mort, Why did someone tell Kravitz. Do you think it would look ten times worse if they covered anything up. Why do you think they are having such a prestigious school as Columbia perform the test.

Please explain this, this is hilarious. How would betters know  that balls are underinflated or if any other cheating such as cap cheating, piping in noise, texting in plays when you monitoring a TV.  The line would not change. Bettors bet on projections based on what results happened.  If the pats or any team was getting a slight/large/huge advantage from cheating in the past that would already be reflected in the line. 

And tell me how the league opens them selves to lawsuits? The NFL does not even allow game gambling in any state that has a team. So in other words they discourage gambling. Now they certainly benefit by the added interest it generates but they don;t even allow the talk shows on the nFL channel to talks spreads.

If they wanted to protect the shield why did someone in the league office leak that to Mort, Why did someone tell Kravitz. Do you think it would look ten times worse if they covered anything up. Why do you think they are having such a prestigious school as Columbia perform the test.

Why don't you go to a Pats* board. I'm sure you will find people that agree with you.

Archived