ESPN at war with Pats?

AFJF

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Pats thread?

There is no "major factor" in a 45-7 ass kicking blowout win.

Get over it.

You sound like that bitter old man who sits on the front porch in a rocking chair who pulls a gun on your 7-year old neighbor when his football accidentally goes into your yard.

Like the game Sunday night?

I'm sure those balls were deflated as well.

Gotta love Jets fans.

They have the greatest excuses of any fanbase in the NFL.

I dont appreciate you antagonizing people on this site. The only reason why you're defending these actions are because they were done by your team. The Pats are more than good enough and dont need to cheat, better yet, no team needs to do these type of underhanded things. And the point was never about the score, its about the Pats having such an unfair advantage "at all times" during a game.  Brady seems to never have a problem in any type of weather. He can throw for 400 yards and 6 TD's in a blizzard and his team rarely fumbles the football. Having perfect weather in the Super Bowl really doesnt show the significance of that advantage unless you're playing in inclement weather. 

So yeah, people are bitter about sh*t like that. Your team has arguably the best coach ever and arguably the best QB in the modern era yet they find ways to give themselves an unfair advantage, whether drastically by outright cheating (Spygate) or with messing with the integrity of the game by deflating balls to give the advantage to their QB and the ball carrier when playing in the elements. 

Jet fans are just as passionate about their team as you are yours, and if you want to pretend or dismiss what Jet fans or other fans from different teams feel about the Patriots suspect decisions then go to a Patriots website. Its not cool to antagonize people of other teams on their teams respective forum. Take that sh*t over to whatever Pats website you guys glorify unsportsmanlike activity. 

Im not the owner of this site or a Mod, but as a fan of a team that has, from my knowledge, never cheated your team....I dont appreciate the sh*t you're writing on this website. 

So this is where JI's Spygate Truther crowd ended up.

I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory. So how do we explain the Pats' finishing 24th in the league in fumbles in 2013? Were the team's internal psi readings off that year?

Before 2007, the Patriots were a run-heavy team that relied on the likes of Corey Dillon and Antowain Smith. They typically finished in the middle of the pack in fumbles. In 2007, they acquired Moss and Welker and became pass-happy. What role does that change in offensive approach play in the change in the team's fumble rate?

Lastly, the Patriots most talented running back over the last few years has been Stevan Ridley. Ridley had a fumbling problem though and was constantly benched and doghoused every time he coughed it up. Why did he have this issue despite the softer balls? And why would the Pats bench their best RB instead of just letting even more air out of the balls?

This isn't a Jets Fan thing.  It is the entire country and after these past two week I am going to have to say that the worlds heavyweight champions of excuse making fans in any sport in the history of mankind have to be Patriots fans....  And that one is a landslide. 

Somewhere in the dark places in your head that you don't wasn't to talk about you do know some mathematics and you also know that those fumbling statistics are just as potent forensic evidence as a smoking gun in the hand.

They prove competitive advantage

They prove duration

They prove none of this happened by accident

Not only duration but it also proves the Pats were already cheating again/still even while promised the commissioner on a stack of bibles a mile high that they would go forth and cheat no more.  Even as they were saying that they knew they were lying.

How many other ways have they been cheating?

The Pats also have a history of jamming radio transmissions from opposing coordinators to QBs.  Can't prove it.  But have no doubt that they did it.  They must have cheated in so many different ways that haven't been proven.  Most shameful franchise in the history of pro sports after the Chicago Blacksox.

Dont believe everything you read

Yeah, yeah, I know.  Goodell is orchestrating a cover-up at Kraft's behest.  That old man was not taking a leak but rapidly deflating footballs with a device he had previously planted in the restroom just like the gun in the Godfather.  Can I have my tinfoil hat now?

You sound like Jeffrey Dahmer who when finally caught by the police said "What? Everyone does it!"

Hint.  As with Spygate everyone doesn't do it and even if they thought about doing it, they have something called a moral compass to prevent them.

Hint. That is possibly the most naive thing ever posted on the Internet.

And you Spybabies never seem to acknowledge hat they only filmed what was in plain view to 80,000 people.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  Goodell is orchestrating a cover-up at Kraft's behest.  That old man was not taking a leak but rapidly deflating footballs with a device he had previously planted in the restroom just like the gun in the Godfather.  Can I have my tinfoil hat now?

Although I seriously doubt anybody walked on the moon I agree with you here. I don't think Goodell has enough power to cover up the whole thing.

So this is where JI's Spygate Truther crowd ended up.

I'm always up for a good conspiracy theory. So how do we explain the Pats' finishing 24th in the league in fumbles in 2013? Were the team's internal psi readings off that year?

Before 2007, the Patriots were a run-heavy team that relied on the likes of Corey Dillon and Antowain Smith. They typically finished in the middle of the pack in fumbles. In 2007, they acquired Moss and Welker and became pass-happy. What role does that change in offensive approach play in the change in the team's fumble rate?

Lastly, the Patriots most talented running back over the last few years has been Stevan Ridley. Ridley had a fumbling problem though and was constantly benched and doghoused every time he coughed it up. Why did he have this issue despite the softer balls? And why would the Pats bench their best RB instead of just letting even more air out of the balls?

Another troll from JI

Although I seriously doubt anybody walked on the moon I agree with you here. I don't think Goodell has enough power to cover up the whole thing.

Not the whole thing, which is how the info about 11 deflated balls got out.  From there, with the "investigation", he has say over what goes public and what doesn't.  He hires guys to investigate the people who pay him.

Not the whole thing, which is how the info about 11 deflated balls got out.  From there, with the "investigation", he has say over what goes public and what doesn't.  He hires guys to investigate the people who pay him.

I just get suspicious of that kind of suspicion because can you imagine the risk associated if said "investigator" leaked? I dunno. I think it's more about cutting corners than blatant lies. But I agree there's shady sh*t going on behind the scenes. 

I just get suspicious of that kind of suspicion because can you imagine the risk associated if said "investigator" leaked? I dunno. I think it's more about cutting corners than blatant lies. But I agree there's shady sh*t going on behind the scenes. 

Absolutely...once the league admitted that they had no interest in speaking to Brady, I figured something was up.  The truth wasn't a priority and by announcing that it takes weeks to decide if a football had air in it or not, the writing was on the wall.  I think they're  just waiting  this out and hoping another big  headline will make this one go away.  If it doesn't go away, Pats will be fully exonerated.

There is no investigation going on, the NFL is not going to do anything about cheating, again. They are just about the money, its entertainment, not real sports. 

I tend to agree with this...It's become quite obvious that their focus isn't on the integrity of the game.  That isn't just cheating but also includes changing the rules so much that the current game barely resembles what we watched 20 years ago.   You saw a team Sunday throw 50 passes and win the Super Bowl.  You don't need a running game anymore - because defenders aren't allowed to play defense.

I have said this in prior post - if, by the draft, there is not a substantial penalty levied against the Pats (that means a serious suspension of BB and a 1st round pick) I'm done with the NFL until Goodell is gone.  I am seriously committed to that and will say goodbye to the NFL.  I realize one person isn't going to change anything - but I simply wouldn't enjoy the product any more.

Hint. That is possibly the most naive thing ever posted on the Internet.

And you Spybabies never seem to acknowledge hat they only filmed what was in plain view to 80,000 people.

And this post has to be near the very top in terms of being historically disingenuous.

TAPING is against the rules whereas eyeballing is not.  TAPING is against thew rules because it confers an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE on those who engage in it.  It confers and UNFAIR ADVANTAGE because it permits the team who is doing the TAPING to study those tapes offline and after the fact.  Up in the booth, etc.  Therefore patterns and other subtle information which may go undetected to the naked eye is suddenly as clear as day when you have the chance to look over and over again possibly in slow motion.

If nothing else TAPING permits you to work backwards from the outcome and then go and see the signals which led to that outcome.  That is why it is CHEATING and why eyeballing is not.

These things are well understood by everyone (including you) which is why TAPING was made against the rules and why the Patriots were deliberately CHEATING when they decided to go ahead and make TAPES anyway.

They did it because it helped them to win games just the same way that they doctored the footballs used by their offense and in all likelihood the same way that they interfered with radio signals in their stadium as a way to give their own team an unfair advantage.   The only people who disagree with this are either intellectually dishonest or stupid.

The Pats also have a history of jamming radio transmissions from opposing coordinators to QBs.  Can't prove it.  But have no doubt that they did it.  

So the Pats have a "history" of doing something with no evidence that they are doing something but there is no doubt they did something?

Got it.

I have said this in prior post - if, by the draft, there is not a substantial penalty levied against the Pats (that means a serious suspension of BB and a 1st round pick) I'm done with the NFL until Goodell is gone.  I am seriously committed to that and will say goodbye to the NFL.  I realize one person isn't going to change anything - but I simply wouldn't enjoy the product any more.

I doubt there will be a penalty at all, let alone a significant one.  The NFL is already setting the stage for that by leaking out all of this contradictory "evidence" that goes against the narrative that highly respected journalists like Mortensen and Schefter were pushing for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, a narrative which they allowed them to push without question.  There will be a fall guy, like the "elderly" man who took the balls into the bathroom, who will most likely be thrown out of the league by Goodell as a show of punishing the cheater.  

One person isn't going to change anything, with regards to a boycott, but I'd venture to guess that there are many more people out there who are reaching the same point of being fed up with the NFL and Goodell.  I actually didn't watch much of the NFL this year aside from the Jets games (so one could argue I watched almost no NFL football).  I think I could probably count on one hand how many non-Jets games I watched a significant portion of over the course of the season.  To be honest, I didn't find myself missing it all that much.  

Sundays for me used to be about getting up around 10 and watching all of the pregame and then watching the entire slate of games from 1 til whenever the Sunday night game ended, and a lot of that time I didn't even get to see the Jets because I didn't have DirecTV except for the past 2 seasons, so giving up that much football was a big deal for me.  Didn't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.  Goodell being gone and someone coming in who would restore some of the integrity that Goodell has forcibly ripped from the commissioner's office might get me excited about football again, but until then, I've become rather apathetic about the NFL as an institution.

So the Pats have a "history" of doing something with no evidence that they are doing something but there is no doubt they did something?

Got it.

They certainly have a history of being accused of doing it.  Opposing teams certainly have a history of having experienced it against the Pats and really, let's be honest here, just how much credibility is anyone on the planet going to give to an organization of known cheaters and liars?

If there is any penalty at all it will need to be the death penalty because an organization of cheaters has gamed the system for longer than a decade and apparently gotten away with it.  Roger Goodell cannot afford to have that happen (a light penalty) and so the league will be in cover up mode here.

On the other hand the other 31 owners are going to be pretty pissed the the cheating dirtbags in New England have been systematically picking their pockets for the last decade so who knows.

They certainly have a history of being accused of doing it.  Opposing teams certainly have a history of having experienced it against the Pats

And that is all it is, accusations.

Of course opposing teams cry, whine and accuse the Pats of anything they can think of because they have been getting their asses kicked by the Pats for 14 years now.

Well the patriots are not the most media friendly team to say the least. I would think that Kraft is upset about the coverage, as the only thing that they did was a sport science thing saying it appears that a 2lb deflation made no perceptible change. You would think that ESPN would have done a sport science experiment detailing what would occur  with the temp drop and wet ball.  A few universities or affiliated labs  have already done so and  ESPN could have done one also.  I can't understand why they have not, if a team is using that as an excuse. 

Didn't Wells memo a gag order request to all teams and media outlets to allow the investigation to happen first?

I dont appreciate you antagonizing people on this site. The only reason why you're defending these actions are because they were done by your team. The Pats are more than good enough and dont need to cheat, better yet, no team needs to do these type of underhanded things. And the point was never about the score, its about the Pats having such an unfair advantage "at all times" during a game.  Brady seems to never have a problem in any type of weather. He can throw for 400 yards and 6 TD's in a blizzard and his team rarely fumbles the football. Having perfect weather in the Super Bowl really doesnt show the significance of that advantage unless you're playing in inclement weather. 

So yeah, people are bitter about sh*t like that. Your team has arguably the best coach ever and arguably the best QB in the modern era yet they find ways to give themselves an unfair advantage, whether drastically by outright cheating (Spygate) or with messing with the integrity of the game by deflating balls to give the advantage to their QB and the ball carrier when playing in the elements. 

Jet fans are just as passionate about their team as you are yours, and if you want to pretend or dismiss what Jet fans or other fans from different teams feel about the Patriots suspect decisions then go to a Patriots website. Its not cool to antagonize people of other teams on their teams respective forum. Take that sh*t over to whatever Pats website you guys glorify unsportsmanlike activity. 

Im not the owner of this site or a Mod, but as a fan of a team that has, from my knowledge, never cheated your team....I dont appreciate the sh*t you're writing on this website. 

Right.  The problem is a team that is always looking for a way to get around the rules.  It is unseemly.

I doubt there will be a penalty at all, let alone a significant one.  The NFL is already setting the stage for that by leaking out all of this contradictory "evidence" that goes against the narrative that highly respected journalists like Mortensen and Schefter were pushing for the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl, a narrative which they allowed them to push without question.  There will be a fall guy, like the "elderly" man who took the balls into the bathroom, who will most likely be thrown out of the league by Goodell as a show of punishing the cheater.  

One person isn't going to change anything, with regards to a boycott, but I'd venture to guess that there are many more people out there who are reaching the same point of being fed up with the NFL and Goodell.  I actually didn't watch much of the NFL this year aside from the Jets games (so one could argue I watched almost no NFL football).  I think I could probably count on one hand how many non-Jets games I watched a significant portion of over the course of the season.  To be honest, I didn't find myself missing it all that much.  

Sundays for me used to be about getting up around 10 and watching all of the pregame and then watching the entire slate of games from 1 til whenever the Sunday night game ended, and a lot of that time I didn't even get to see the Jets because I didn't have DirecTV except for the past 2 seasons, so giving up that much football was a big deal for me.  Didn't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would.  Goodell being gone and someone coming in who would restore some of the integrity that Goodell has forcibly ripped from the commissioner's office might get me excited about football again, but until then, I've become rather apathetic about the NFL as an institution.

I honestly don't think I'll miss the NFL all that much...What I'll miss is just getting together with friends, drinking and watching football.  Most of my friends will still watch the games - but I'll find something productive to do with my Sundays.  

I don't even know if I would call my plans a boycott as much as I will no longer be interested in the product.  Due to the level of penalties the games themselves have been difficult to watch (way too many games being decided by the refs) and then knowing (and I will be certain at this point) that you could get caught cheating (and I believe this gave them a substantial advantage) and get away with it - The whole thing just wouldn't be enjoyable to watch anymore.

btw...there's already a precedent set that not knowing isn't an excuse.  If there was an old man that did it, it's still on BB.  That excuse won't float with me.

Archived