Winston bandwagon

SonnyJet

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marcus Mariota is a better option for the Jets at quarterback. Winston has way to many question marks.

He might not be the better QB right now, but I think Mariota will put in the work to become a good QB. How hard will they work is the biggest question. You don't become an NFL QB without putting the work into it & go all in studying film ect.

Based on their past history Winston would be the guy distracted by a large amount of money to play with his freinds.

I'd prefer Winston, but all things aren't even.

He is the prototype QB for a Pro-style offense and I would love to see him come in an sit for a year, no matter what team he goes to. He has all the tools, and he needs to mature for sure, but what he can do in the pocket is unmatched by anyplayer is this draft and I don't think it's close.

This is Winston passing the blunt with a camera in his face right before his last college game, knowing that the one thing he had to show people was simply that he wasn't a moron. Consider how stupid this young man is.

18D1E9BC-5DC6-4E3B-BC41-4AD0793EF366.png

Is he as stupid as Juan Idzik? Or if I'm asking you shouldn't I be saying is he as smart?

Mariota will be on the board at 6 what are the jets going to do?

If he's there I honestly think it's  a no-lose situation.  Having Gailey on board makes me believe that if Mariota is capable of being an NFL quarterback, he'll get that out of him.  Downside is that many reports say he may need to watch for a couple seasons.  In the grand scheme of things I'm fine with that, but it means the QB situation is even cloudier than it seems if that's even possible.  If they take him, hopefully the experts are wrong and he's ready sooner rather than later.

If he's there and they get a nice pile of draft picks and maybe a vet QB from a team behind them, based on our FO personnel background, I wouldn't mind that either.

Winston is a dummy. We already have one of those. Mariota seems like a good kid. Yeah, that's important at the QB position.

So is being able to make more than one read. Mariota struggled in the playoffs anytime he had to do that. I don't care if the guy is Mother Theresa as far as on the field stuff play goes he actually reminds me of Vince Young. On the field

I've watched every college game Wintson played. He sucks.

If that's the case then I've not seen nearly as much of him as you have.  What scares you most about him on the field?

So is being able to make more than one read. Mariota struggled in the playoffs anytime he had to do that. I don't care if the guy is Mother Theresa as far as on the field stuff play goes he actually reminds me of Vince Young. On the field

Both have huge questions marks and are a risk to be sure. If one is available at 6 Jets basically have no choice but to take the shot. If both are there, my vote is Mariota. Not suggesting it is a no brainer either way. Just got a bad feeling about Winston.

Both have huge questions marks and are a risk to be sure. If one is available at 6 Jets basically have no choice but to take the shot. If both are there, my vote is Mariota. Not suggesting it is a no brainer either way. Just got a bad feeling about Winston.

No they don't. The roster has way too many holes to just make a blanket statement "take da qb."

Winston is the better pro prospect. He can make reads, split the safety, mobile and has arm strength. I'll concede that his off the field stuff makes him risky but if he stays out of trouble he will be a good player in the nfl. That's why I'd be fine with Sherff or Cooper at 6

Mariota, however, would be a disaster trying to be a drop-back qb in the meadowlands.

No they don't. The roster has way too many holes to just make a blanket statement "take da qb."

Winston is the better pro prospect. He can make reads, split the safety, mobile and has arm strength. I'll concede that his off the field stuff makes him risky but if he stays out of trouble he will be a good player in the nfl. That's why I'd be fine with Sherff or Cooper at 6

Mariota, however, would be a disaster trying to be a drop-back qb in the meadowlands.

If a QB is there, they will take him or trade out if they don't like the guy imho. Ain't the time bw SB and Draft grand?

If that's the case then I've not seen nearly as much of him as you have. What scares you most about him on the field?

Plays like Farve but with much worse decision making. He doesn't see the field as well so he's a turnover machine. He throws the ball up for grabs and hopes receiver comes down with it. That's why I was so high on Benji last year. I seen him bail Winston out over and over making great catches and stopping picks.

I think he'll be a huge bust in the nfl.

Look, the real concerns are two-fold. Winston's attitude and approach to the game are eerily reminiscent of Jamarcus, and his mechanics need to be completely rebuilt from the feet up. All the natural talent in the world, but I'm not sure what else needs to happen over the course of the history of the sport for all of us to realize that isn't the only thing that matters.

You're choosing between the lesser of two evils with either of these guys. Neither jump off the page, and both are from what are seemingly cursed programs for QBs. I would not be surprised at all if both of these guys are available at 6, but if either is going higher than that it's probably going to be Mariota. With all the PR fiascos facing the league right now, you better believe that no franchise wants to be next up for their players ******* up, and Winston didn't show anything this past year showing that he matured. The dude lost it on his coach during the last game of the season for ****'s sake.

Again, neither guy is all that great, but Mariota at least looks coachable, and Winston needs time holding a clipboard simply to rebuild his footwork. And that takes a sh*tload of time. Based on what we've all seen, does anyone really think he's willing to make that sort of commitment? I don't.

Look, the real concerns are two-fold. Winston's attitude and approach to the game are eerily reminiscent of Jamarcus, and his mechanics need to be completely rebuilt from the feet up. All the natural talent in the world, but I'm not sure what else needs to happen over the course of the history of the sport for all of us to realize that isn't the only thing that matters.

You're choosing between the lesser of two evils with either of these guys. Neither jump off the page, and both are from what are seemingly cursed programs for QBs. I would not be surprised at all if both of these guys are available at 6, but if either is going higher than that it's probably going to be Mariota. With all the PR fiascos facing the league right now, you better believe that no franchise wants to be next up for their players ******* up, and Winston didn't show anything this past year showing that he matured. The dude lost it on his coach during the last game of the season for ****'s sake.

Again, neither guy is all that great, but Mariota at least looks coachable, and Winston needs time holding a clipboard simply to rebuild his footwork. And that takes a sh*tload of time. Based on what we've all seen, does anyone really think he's willing to make that sort of commitment? I don't.

You really are talking out the ass right now. You dont know what the Fck your talking about.

So Mariota is the better bet because he's a nice kid, even though you admit his game doesn't translate well to the pros? Winston is the better QB, and will be a better QB than Mariota.

Mariota will carry himself like the face of a franchise, will work hard at his craft, will not scream at his coaches on the sideline, and definitely will not get into trouble off the field.

So yes, Mariota is the better bet to succeed.

If a QB is there, they will take him or trade out if they don't like the guy imho. Ain't the time bw SB and Draft grand?

Not necessarily. Most jets fans would be elated with Amari Cooper. The knowledgeable jets fans would be happy with Scherff who would make our OL top 5 again.

Mariota will carry himself like the face of a franchise, will work hard at his craft, will not scream at his coaches on the sideline, and definitely will not get into trouble off the field.

So yes, Mariota is the better bet to succeed.

Mariota just throws to the receiver in the flat or tag passes. He's a one read qb. I don't care how nice a guy he is if he plays on a team like the jets where he's expected to play under center and go through progressions he will be a disaster

He can show up to practice 10 hours early and recite the pledge of allegiance while running on a treadmill at 12.0 mph for 2 hours unless he goes to the eagles he is going to struggle bigtime

Not necessarily. Most jets fans would be elated with Amari Cooper. The knowledgeable jets fans would be happy with Scherff who would make our OL top 5 again.

Yeah, just my opinion. A lot can change between now and draft also.

**** no. Take Amari Cooper and walk away.

Archived