...and so it all begins!

JetsFanatic

Give me Mawell and Culliver and I'll start getting excited about football again.  

don't think you'll get both, But I suspect in the first few days Jets will sign either Maxwell/Jackson/Culliver, along with Cro.  I'll be happy

don't think you'll get both, But I suspect in the first few days Jets will sign either Maxwell/Jackson/Culliver, along with Cro.  I'll be happy

But I want both :(

If it's me, I make a push at two of Maxwell/Jackson/Culliver and then turn my focus towards McCourty and Clint Boling. Maybe the names are off here, but I would be surprised if we didn't sign three DBs, regardless of position, and an offensive guard this off-season.  I know Iupati and Franklin are the big Oline names, but Boling is a couple years younger (25) and had a good season for that Cinci offense. That would allow Dozier, Aboushi and Winters to battle it out for the remaining spot.  

I think Spiller & Cro are gimmes.

When you look around the league at team needs, who would throw money at Spiller?

He's got the history & success with Gailey.

I don't want to pay him anymore than 4 million though.

Cro is a Jet if Bowles wants him.

My question is why are we bringing lineman in still after inking Talley?

Could there be something brewing there with a Coples or Harrison?

When you look around the league at team needs, who would throw money at Spiller?

according to cimini (which i know isnt 100 percent reliable) we are not going after spiller.  i think if demarco murray signs somewhere other then dallas then the cowboys might go after spiller

The last I saw, there were eight teams with confirmed interest in Spiller. Cro may be a given, but Spiller is far from it.

He's good covering the slot, right?

OMG I hope so!

That has been the Achilles heel of our defense!

I can't wait to see what Bowles does with that big nickel he runs. I just have this strange feeling that Bowles is going to turn Antonio Allen around. If the Jets could land McCourty he would have some versatility in that secondary & because we have such a quick powerful line it would still be tough to run on in that type of formation.

The last I saw, there were eight teams with confirmed interest in Spiller. Cro may be a given, but Spiller is far from it.

You could be right but a lot of the teams with cap money have HORRIBLE defenses. A part time RB in this league does not get big money thrown at him so it could come down to WHERE is he the most comfortable.

according to cimini (which i know isnt 100 percent reliable) we are not going after spiller.  i think if demarco murray signs somewhere other then dallas then the cowboys might go after spiller

Like the Jets would hint anything with Cimini. The doors are closed & bolted again in Florham park now that the clown left in his Buffalo Bill clown truck.

You could be right but a lot of the teams with cap money have HORRIBLE defenses. A part time RB in this league does not get big money thrown at him so it could come down to WHERE is he the most comfortable.

Agreed. I am actually stunned that he seems to have a huge market.

Ugh Free Agency,,high hopes, bombastic rumors, some folks never happy, some always happy,,bottom line , as a fan, to keep your sanity when we lose a player or dont even make a play for him or worse yet sign a Troglodyte .. these words will help and are true:

Archived