2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

The one piece of information that I'd like to know is "where his fastball is sitting at?" If he's back throwing 95 then his delivery is unimpeded by the injury and he's on schedule to come up in another 10 days or so.

All hands on deck.

He needs to be stretched out and they are not going 6 man until September. He will be a September call-up

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has to be Giants. Cain struggling, only Bumgartner is dominant. LA has 2 aces. Mets have 2 aces.

Giants may have a deeper staff with Leake,Lincecom, Hudson/Peavy(can't stay healthy)... but none of them scare me.

Kershaw and Grenke are dominant... Dodgers have better positional players. 

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mets acquire Eric Young Jr. August 22nd, 2015 4:08 pm

The Mets made another deal with the Braves, acquiring INF/OF Eric Young Jr. for cash considerations, the team announced Saturday.

Young, 30, will report to Triple-A Las Vegas. He hit .169 with no home runs and five RBIs in 35 games in the majors this year, and .248 with one home run and 27 RBIs in 67 minor-league games.

The Mets acquired Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe from Atlanta last month.

Mets acquire Eric Young Jr. August 22nd, 2015 4:08 pm

The Mets made another deal with the Braves, acquiring INF/OF Eric Young Jr. for cash considerations, the team announced Saturday.

Young, 30, will report to Triple-A Las Vegas. He hit .169 with no home runs and five RBIs in 35 games in the majors this year, and .248 with one home run and 27 RBIs in 67 minor-league games.

The Mets acquired Kelly Johnson and Juan Uribe from Atlanta last month.

September call-up to pinch run with speed.

It is stupid that mlb expands the rosters so much, but this is one way to take advantage of that

Skipping Harvey and Syndergarrd will bite us in the butt !!!!! Let pitchers pitch and hitters hit !!!

Only if it's Thor at home... away he's been below avg.

I'd like to have a fresh Harvey, DeGrom and Thor the last series against Nats trying to hold a 3 game lead to end the season.

Hernandez was destroying Reyes today. Basically said he's been dogging it since he got traded and he's an a$$hole for complaining about being traded to a last place team. Especially interesting coming from Keith considering the same exact thing happened to him.

****in Reyes man, you wanted to take the money. Live with your decision. Nobody forced you to concede a no-trade clause.

Took care of business in a joke of a ball park.   On to Philly with Wright back in the fold.

Feel a bit bad for Reyes in leaving a 1st place WS contender for the Rockies.  Keith gave Cespedes multiple passes for not hustling this w/end so his comments on Reyes are weak. 

Took care of business in a joke of a ball park.   On to Philly with Wright back in the fold.

Feel a bit bad for Reyes in leaving a 1st place WS contender for the Rockies.  Keith gave Cespedes multiple passes for not hustling this w/end so his comments on Reyes are weak. 

If he was hitting/fielding better Jays would have kept him and saved $45 mil and the prospects.

Cespedes not running out grounders pisses me off to no end. Sets a bad example for the young guys like tejada when the 2nd baseman dropped the pop-up in shallow right. He should have been on 2nd when the drop happened... instead he was in no-mans land and thrown out.

Oh well.... great sweep in a difficult stadium. On to a very hot Philly team. 21-12 since the break. Next 7 of 10 with Philly.

Going 5-2  or better vs. Philly will be huge and bring magic number down to  30 games..

Keith commented on his talking to the media about being unhappy more so that his lack of hustle on the field

Really happy with the way Conforto is playing.  He's got such a smooth swing.  He could be a player for a long time.  It's effortless and mechanically about as perfect as a swing as you can have.

Grandman is on fire right now!!!  I feel like he scores once a game these days.  Cant ask for much more from your lead off guy.

Wright batting cleanup after out for almost the whole year-OK

Tonight's Starting line up. Citizen's Bank Park 7:05 pm est

1. Juan Lagares (R) CF
2. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B
3. Yoenis Cespedes (R) LF...
4. David Wright (R) 3B
5. Wilmer Flores (R) 2B
6. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
7. Michael Cuddyer (R) RF
8. Ruben Tejada (R) SS
9. Jacob deGrom (L) P (12-6 1.98)

By looking at their roster... I take it a Lefty is on the mound for the Falings?

1. Juan Lagares (R) CF
2. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B
4. David Wright (R) 3B
5. Wilmer Flores (R) 2B
6. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
8. Ruben Tejada (R) SS

Also this...

Matz will make next rehab start Wednesday

Mets rookie LHP Steven Matz will make his next rehab start with Double-A Binghamton on Wednesday, Aug. 26, as he aims to return from a lat injury (Aug. 22, 2015).

Matz, who is tentatively scheduled to return to the Mets on Sept. 2, threw 41 pitches with Single-A St. Lucie on Thursday, giving up two runs in 2 2/3 innings (Aug. 21, 2015).

The 24-year-old is slated to throw 60 pitches in his start Wednesday, after which he could return to the Mets and get be stretched to 80 pitches, assistant GM John Ricco recently said (Aug. 22, 2015).

Matz was 2-0 with a 1.32 ERA in just two big-league starts before going on the disabled list with a partial lat tear.

By looking at their roster... I take it a Lefty is on the mound for the Falings?

Also this...

Matz will make next rehab start Wednesday

Mets rookie LHP Steven Matz will make his next rehab start with Double-A Binghamton on Wednesday, Aug. 26, as he aims to return from a lat injury (Aug. 22, 2015).

Matz, who is tentatively scheduled to return to the Mets on Sept. 2, threw 41 pitches with Single-A St. Lucie on Thursday, giving up two runs in 2 2/3 innings (Aug. 21, 2015).

The 24-year-old is slated to throw 60 pitches in his start Wednesday, after which he could return to the Mets and get be stretched to 80 pitches, assistant GM John Ricco recently said (Aug. 22, 2015).

Matz was 2-0 with a 1.32 ERA in just two big-league starts before going on the disabled list with a partial lat tear.

Morgan a lefty pitching for the Phils

1. Juan Lagares (R) CF
2. Daniel Murphy (L) 1B
4. David Wright (R) 3B
5. Wilmer Flores (R) 2B
6. Travis d'Arnaud (R) C
8. Ruben Tejada (R) SS

That's been Collins' style most of this year. He likes putting guys who are back from an injury into the middle of the lineup, my guess is so they'll see pitches. My prediction was he'd have Wright batting third in front of Cespedes, but with the way Flores has been hitting I guess sandwiching him makes sense too.

Not killing Degrom everyone is due a bad start, just pointing out once again Darling being the best in this business…he was all over Degroms body language before he even gave up a run, almost insinuating he wasn't taking the Phillies seriously.

Not killing Degrom everyone is due a bad start, just pointing out once again Darling being the best in this business…he was all over Degroms body language before he even gave up a run, almost insinuating he wasn't taking the Phillies seriously.

Or, he did not have his best stuff in the bullpen, he realized he couldn't even battle

I am not listening to the Mets broadcast, but I doubt legroom would take a team who has one of the best records in the second half lightly

Or, he did not have his best stuff in the bullpen, he realized he couldn't even battle

I am not listening to the Mets broadcast, but I doubt legroom would take a team who has one of the best records in the second half lightly

yea i was definatly paraphrasing, maybe even unfairly, but Darling knew something was off 5 pitches in…I love the guy I think he's far and away the best analyst in NY sports.

Archived