2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lagares getting the start again. If he keeps hitting the next couple days I think they need to consider sending Conforto back down.

He'll likely only start against lefties per Collins.  Didn't mention Cuddyer but I imagine the same unless either just hit lights out.

For now I think Terry has one line-up in mind for righties and another for lefties. Incredible when you consider how lame this offense was 3-4 weeks ago.  Wright will make things even more interesting.

We are going to miss Coles in that series- which is a break for us.

That's huge! Pitt coming off a tough series w/ Cardinals. They're either pissed or numb coming into the Mets series.

Let's hope for numb.

Colon and Niese go Fri./Sat

Better have the bullpen up and ready to go early with Colon.

Never realized we had a Mets board going. I'm stoked.

The question facing the Mets is what to do about Murphy's pending FA? He's a baller, especially with Cespedes behind him and Curtis in front. It would be nice to keep him. Duda also a FA... who do you keep? I'd probably give up the 2 of them if we can sign Cespedes.

The question facing the Mets is what to do about Murphy's pending FA? He's a baller, especially with Cespedes behind him and Curtis in front. It would be nice to keep him. Duda also a FA... who do you keep? I'd probably give up the 2 of them if we can sign Cespedes.

Murphy is gone. Herrera is the heir apparent.

Duda does not become a FA until 2018

Murphy is gone. Herrera is the heir apparent.

Duda does not become a FA until 2018

You're right .... this is what threw me off. I remember hearing talks broke down and assumed he was becoming a FA.

According to ESPN.com, the Mets and Lucas Duda agreed on Sunday that they would forego contract talks until the end of the season. Duda's representatives and Mets management were both very optimistic about getting a deal in place, but could not come to terms on one before the self-imposed deadline of Opening Day. This offseason, the Mets inked Duda to a one-year deal worth $4.2 million in order to avoid going to arbitration.

Yeah, Herreira is tearing it up in AAA. He'll be up next year. I hate to lose a solid vet like Murphy... especially now that we are on the cusp of great things. Herreira only hit .195 last time he was up. He'll need some time I think. Uribe and Johnson... will they be FA aftyer this yr?

You're right .... this is what threw me off. I remember hearing talks broke down and assumed he was becoming a FA.

According to ESPN.com, the Mets and Lucas Duda agreed on Sunday that they would forego contract talks until the end of the season. Duda's representatives and Mets management were both very optimistic about getting a deal in place, but could not come to terms on one before the self-imposed deadline of Opening Day. This offseason, the Mets inked Duda to a one-year deal worth $4.2 million in order to avoid going to arbitration.

Yeah, Herreira is tearing it up in AAA. He'll be up next year. I hate to lose a solid vet like Murphy... especially now that we are on the cusp of great things. Herreira only hit .195 last time he was up. He'll need some time I think. Uribe and Johnson... will they be FA aftyer this yr?

Both Uribe and Johnson are UFA's next year. That is why they came cheap. I would suspect the Mets truy to make a run at re-signing Uribe

Both Uribe and Johnson are UFA's next year. That is why they came cheap. I would suspect the Mets truy to make a run at re-signing Uribe

Murphy 6 yrs. younger, .290 career hitter vs. .260

Uribe striking out 1/4.7 AB while Murphy 1/12.7 AB

I get Uribe will sign a 1 or 2 yr. deal while Murphy will be getting a 5 yr. deal.

If I could.... I'd try and keep Murphy.

Were you impressed with him at all this year? His glove looked decent but he didn't look like he's going to be ready to face major league pitching by next year.

He is 21 years old. 

His bat speed and ability to work a count, at this age are impressive.

He has hit .340+ since he has been at Vegas.

I hate to sound like our Yankee brethren on this board and tout ever minor leaguer who has numbers, but this kid looks like a real deal. We will see. I am sure the organization sees him that way

Tough loss. Parnell's arm just not where it needs to be. Hoping Montero can get back here ASAP to offer some innings. Although a SP, I doubt he cracks the rotation this late in the year unless it is as a 6th starter to shave innings off of Harvey, DeGrom and Thor. 

Matz coming back will help as well.

Thanks to SF we're still 4.5 up. After Pitt, Mets play 9 on the road. 2 @ Balt, 3@ Colorado and 4 with a rejuvenated Phillies team.

Wash. has 2 more in SF followed by 9 home games against Brewers, Padres and Atl.

Big road trip for Mets. Come back 6-3 or 5-4 we stand a good chance of still being 4.5 games ahead.

Tough loss. Parnell's arm just not where it needs to be. Hoping Montero can get back here ASAP to offer some innings. Although a SP, I doubt he cracks the rotation this late in the year unless it is as a 6th starter to shave innings off of Harvey, DeGrom and Thor. 

Thanks to SF we're still 4.5 up. After Pitt, Mets play 9 on the road. 2 @ Balt, 3@ Colorado and 4 with a rejuvenated Phillies team.

Wash. has 2 more in SF followed by 9 home games against Brewers, Padres and Atl.

Big road trip for Mets. Come back 6-3 or 5-4 we stand a good chance of still being 4.5 games ahead.

Based on face value the Nats have the advantage   those next 9 games in opponents.

I have no business complaining but I get greedy and look at last night, the two 1run losses in Tampa as well as that Padres fiasco and think we could have a nice 6-7 game cushion at this point if we had just split those games.

Archived