2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

Lets concentrate on this year and enjoy it right now- the lineup and bench is so much stronger- funny how the strength starting pitching has not been as good- granted playing in two hitters parks.

Well I want to talk about both this year AND our bright future, ok faba?  Sheesh!

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets concentrate on this year and enjoy it right now- the lineup and bench is so much stronger- funny how the strength starting pitching has not been as good- granted playing in two hitters parks.

SHUT UP!!!! I WANT TO WORRY ABOUT THE FUTURE IN THE MIDST OF OUR BEST SEASON IN YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joy kill

Wright isnt Cespedes, never was and certainly wont be moving forward, not with his age and injury history.  

For the sake of accuracy, Cespedes has never had a year that rivals Wright's best years.

Cespedes is going to be 30 in a few months. I would not sign him for more than 4 years. I would bet he wants more than that.

For the sake of accuracy, Cespedes has never had a year that rivals Wright's best years.

Cespedes is going to be 30 in a few months. I would not sign him for more than 4 years. I would bet he wants more than that.

This is true...but he's only got 3 seasons under his belt and those Wright years, were 7 years ago, long before this recent run of injuries, in a much different ball park.  And Cespedes has a chance to match Wright's best season this year.  I could easily see him going 300+, 30+, 100+...which is basically Wright's best year except he got his average up to like 330 that year. 

This is true...but he's only got 3 seasons under his belt and those Wright years, were 7 years ago, long before this recent run of injuries, in a much different ball park.  And Cespedes has a chance to match Wright's best season this year.  I could easily see him going 300+, 30+, 100+...which is basically Wright's best year except he got his average up to like 330 that year. 

What everyone has to realize though is that Cespedes will be 30 next year. He is likely at the pen of what his production will be as a player.

In the non-steroid eras of baseball, a player typically starts declining at 32 years of age. Cespedes is almost there.

It would be hard to fathom a contract of more than 4 years making sense. I would guess he will have a better offer on the open market.

The Mets have Wright for 5 more years. It will be tough to make that contract work during that time. Price of business at that time.

And.... I'd pinch hit Robles for Cespedes in the 3rd... "Double-Dog-Dare-Ya"

For real. The Phillies and their fans can eat a dick complaining about this sh*t. When they were good they had no problem doing all this crap to other teams (Utley taking out Jesus Flores, anyone?), but now they suck so they're just being bullied. Give me a break.

What everyone has to realize though is that Cespedes will be 30 next year. He is likely at the pen of what his production will be as a player.

In the non-steroid eras of baseball, a player typically starts declining at 32 years of age. Cespedes is almost there.

It would be hard to fathom a contract of more than 4 years making sense. I would guess he will have a better offer on the open market.

The Mets have Wright for 5 more years. It will be tough to make that contract work during that time. Price of business at that time.

Have to believe he'll want at least what Choo got.

As far as we know. These guys from Cuba are famous for being 5 yrs. older than they actually are. He could be 34 for all we know.

Who gives a **** about running out a ground ball, the guy hit another space bomb last night!!!  What he's doing for this line up insnt replaceable by just any old bat. 

What Murphy has been doing over the last month has a a direct relation to Cespedes place in the line up.  Wright isnt Cespedes, never was and certainly wont be moving forward, not with his age and injury history.  

I know it's unlikely but damn!  I want this dude for next couple of years.  The Mets have something that could last right now and he's a crucial piece to what has happened to this offense. 

Wright was every bit Cespedes and more his first 4-5 seasons....are you kidding me?  We forget just how good Wright was prior to the beaning and injuries combined with Citi Field dimensions.

Wright was every bit Cespedes and more his first 4-5 seasons....are you kidding me?  We forget just how good Wright was prior to the beaning and injuries combined with Citi Field dimensions.

There's this weird sect of Mets fans that refuses to give Wright his due. It's odd. Revisionist history combined with unfair expectations when it comes to the practicalities of baseball. David Wright holds almost every single offensive record for this organization, including WAR; ahead of Straw and Piazza.

Guy had 4 straight seasons of 25 home runs and over 100 RBIs. Cespedes has come nowhere close to accomplishing that. The guy hasn't even finished a season batting over .300.

There's this weird sect of Mets fans that refuses to give Wright his due. It's odd. Revisionist history combined with unfair expectations when it comes to the practicalities of baseball. David Wright holds almost every single offensive record for this organization, including WAR; ahead of Straw and Piazza.

Guy had 4 straight seasons of 25 home runs and over 100 RBIs. Cespedes has come nowhere close to accomplishing that. The guy hasn't even finished a season batting over .300.

Check out Wright's SB totals from those seasons as well. The guy was a superstar.

If this lineup puts up the 6+ runs that we'll need with Colon pitching, I'll be amazed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Well....I'm amazed! Can't believe how well all these guys are playing. Different guys every night.

Uribe may only be batting .190 but out of the 16 hits he has 12 RBI's.... clutch.

Check out Wright's SB totals from those seasons as well. The guy was a superstar.

'7 and '08 especially:

Top ten in:

MVP Voting

BA

WAR

OBP

OPS

Run Scored

Hits

Walks

RBI

Total Bases

Games Played

All-Star, Gold Glove, and Silver Slugger both seasons.

Wake me up when Cespedes pulls that off.

'7 and '08 especially:

Top ten in:

MVP Voting

BA

WAR

OBP

OPS

Run Scored

Hits

Walks

RBI

Total Bases

Games Played

All-Star, Gold Glove, and Silver Slugger both seasons.

Wake me up when Cespedes pulls that off.

not to mention he should have won the mvp in 07 if the rest of the team didn't collapse.

This Eric OFaggerty experiment has got to be over 

Yeah I don't get Collins some nights.  As Darling mentioned....why not bring Tejada in for Flores when he made his outfield defensive switches???

It's time to release O'Flaherty and find another lefty for the pen. It has to be addressed soon in order to have whomever they find eligible for the post season roster.  

Doing all this without Duda. 

Cuddyer has to play everyday come post season..

Have to keep in mind that this has been against the two worst teams in the NL. Cudduyer's clearly better when not playing every day.

I wouldn't mess with a good thing. Granderson is the engine that drives the offense and Duda has been a monster since the break. Can't sit either for Cudduyer if they're good to go. The good thing is that Cudduyer finally not being Mr. Useless means they don't have to rush Duda back. They need him for that stretch against Washington and Atlanta, he's been crushing both those clubs this year.

Also don't mean to be dick riding here but Conforto's numbers for August are ******* awesome. .277 with .553 slugging, 3 HRs, 8 RBIs, 7 BB and 14 runs. For a rookie. In the middle of a pennant race. If that's not indicative of a future everyday player I don't know what is. Still so early but he looks like a successor for Wright if I've ever seen one.

Also don't mean to be dick riding here but Conforto's numbers for August are ******* awesome. .277 with .553 slugging, 3 HRs, 8 RBIs, 7 BB and 14 runs. For a rookie. In the middle of a pennant race. If that's not indicative of a future everyday player I don't know what is. Still so early but he looks like a successor for Wright if I've ever seen one.

"Have to keep in mind that this has been against the two worst teams in the NL. Cudduyer's clearly better when not playing every day".

I think the same exception used for Cuddyer can be applied to Conforto. Conforto batting .222 before Rockies and Phils.

I am very impressed by Conforto... curious how he plays against the crafty vets like Zimmerman and Scherzer. 

I agree about the Wright successor comment. Mature and savvy beyond his years.

I corrected myself above.  Wright had a 3-4 season run where he was great.  However, it was in a much different ball park.  We havent seen hitting like this from anyone since Citi Field was born.

"Have to keep in mind that this has been against the two worst teams in the NL. Cudduyer's clearly better when not playing every day".

I think the same exception used for Cuddyer can be applied to Conforto. Conforto batting .222 before Rockies and Phils.

I am very impressed by Conforto... curious how he plays against the crafty vets like Zimmerman and Scherzer. 

I agree about the Wright successor comment. Mature and savvy beyond his years.

Conforto's swing is beautiful.  He's going to be a very good player.  I just dont think you can fail with such a smooth swing.  It's effortless and flawless. Plus he doesnt seemed overwhelmed by the moment.

Cuddyer just needs to play the Phillies everyday and maybe he'll live up to the ridiculous contract. 

Archived