2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I shut it off when it was 7-2. I turned it back on at 9-7 and saw the Murph HR. This is great!

Same here... thought to myself we were due an off game. Turned the game off and when I come back 2 hours later, they're only in the 6th and then Murphy with the bomb.

Could be a very special season. Thanks for crying Wilmer.... that set this whole thing in motion.

Flores is becoming a player.

When you look at what he and Cespedes have done, all I can say is.thank our lucky stars that the Carlos Gomez deal went bad at the last minute.

I don't know where the Mets would be if they HAD made that deal.

Gomez has sucked since that deal fell through too. What a way for the team to welcome Wright back to the lineup. Took their cue from him and away they went. This team is just ever out of a game.

Mets have gone from the worst offensive team in baseball to the best since the Cespedes trade. I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the cupcake schedule we've had, but to be fair it swings both ways and I'm sure the tough schedule we had for the first half played some sort of role too. Either way this is just one ******* hell of a year.

When you look at what he and Cespedes have done, all I can say is.thank our lucky stars that the Carlos Gomez deal went bad at the last minute.

Watching Flores I am amazed by how effortless his swing is. The ball jumps off his bat. Doesn't take crazy swings like Uribe and Cespedes.... he has great balance at the plate. Absolutely amazed at his transformation.

Milwaukee might regret not throwing in a little money to get Flores and Wheeler. Definitely a better package than Houston gave.

Watching Flores I am amazed by how effortless his swing is. The ball jumps off his bat. Doesn't take crazy swings like Uribe and Cespedes.... he has great balance at the plate. Absolutely amazed at his transformation.

Milwaukee might regret not throwing in a little money to get Flores and Wheeler. Definitely a better package than Houston gave.

You know, I heard for years and years how he was one of the Mets top rated prospect. I just didn't see it translate in his first several stints.

The kid id pretty resilient when all is said and done, and he reacts well in pressure spots (crying aside). The little flick that he does on outside pitches to go to right field is a thing of beauty.

As I heard on the broadcast the other day, he has responded with rest., It seems he was just tired starting all of those games. That said, the majority of the players have responded very well to being plugged in and out.

Give Collins credit here.

The little flick that he does on outside pitches to go to right field is a thing of beauty.

I was going to say the same in my last post but it was already too long. He just flicks the wrist like a golfer's chip shot and pokes it down the right field line. Thing of beauty

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I cant believe what I'm seeing.  8 home runs last night?  7 different batters? 

I'm falling in love with Cespedes...that thing was an absolute BOMB!

We have to resign him.  Have to...what he does for this line up is incredible. 

I cant believe what I'm seeing.  8 home runs last night?  7 different batters? 

I'm falling in love with Cespedes...that thing was an absolute BOMB!

We have to resign him.  Have to...what he does for this line up is incredible. 

I wonder if it is possible, if the Mets indicate interest in him, that he eliminates the 5 day verbiage 

I wonder if it is possible, if the Mets indicate interest in him, that he eliminates the 5 day verbiage 

That window was in there for a reason, the guy took a big gamble on himself and it looks like it's going to pay off. It will be interesting to see if this experience changes his view at all, because there's something to be said for enjoying your career rather than winding up like Jose Reyes. If I'm the Mets I'm selling him on stability with a no-trade clause and the Cuban population in NY. He has to love playing here. And I'm also encouraging Wright to drop some subtle hints about Reyes on what can happen if you only chase the money.

That window was in there for a reason, the guy took a big gamble on himself and it looks like it's going to pay off. It will be interesting to see if this experience changes his view at all, because there's something to be said for enjoying your career rather than winding up like Jose Reyes. If I'm the Mets I'm selling him on stability with a no-trade clause and the Cuban population in NY. He has to love playing here. And I'm also encouraging Wright to drop some subtle hints about Reyes on what can happen if you only chase the money.

I imagine that clause was put in to pressure whatever team was the team holding him to either

a) Bring him a deal he considers worthy and tie him up before free agency    or 

b). Allow him to enter into FA unfettered.

He can conceivably strike that provision if he would like the Mets to bid against his FA suitors

2 mins ·

The New York Mets offensive turnaround since the initial trade for Kelly Johnson & Juan Uribe has been nothing short of staggering.

In the first 97 games of the season, the team averaged 3.4 runs per game and hit 77 home runs.

In the 27 games since, the Mets have averaged 6.1 runs per game and they have hit 50 home runs.

They have also gone from one game over .500 to 12 games over .500 in that time.

Simply remarkable.

I imagine that clause was put in to pressure whatever team was the team holding him to either

He can conceivably strike that provision if he would like the Mets to bid against his FA suitors

I thought I read somewhere that he took one less year in exchange for that clause. I drink a lot though so it's possible that didn't happen. 

**** that...dont let him hit FA.  What he does for our lineup is going to be sooooo hard to replace.  The pitches Murphy and whoever plays clean up gets to see is night and day when the 3 spot was revolving door of sh*t. 

I like Cespedes but don't see  Sandy/Wilpon pulling the trigger on a $160 - $180 mil contract (especially when he doesn't run out ground balls)

Wright will have to be what Cespedes is for us... the big bat. Wright still has 6 yrs. on his contract.

Grandy(Lagares), Flores, Wright, Duda, d'Arnaud, Conforto, Cuddyer, Tejada... your 2016 NY Mets lineup!! :angry:

What do you do with Herreira, Flores and Tejada? Does 1 get dealt for a bat next year?

I'll miss Murphy (he's earned a few Million$ extra over these last 3 weeks)

Just going to enjoy this season and trust Sandy to build this roster into a dynamo.

I like Cespedes but don't see  Sandy/Wilpon pulling the trigger on a $160 - $180 mil contract (especially when he doesn't run out ground balls)

Wright will have to be what Cespedes is for us... the big bat. Wright still has 6 yrs. on his contract.

Grandy(Lagares), Flores, Wright, Duda, d'Arnaud, Conforto, Cuddyer, Tejada... your 2016 NY Mets lineup!! :angry:

What do you do with Herreira, Flores and Tejada? Does 1 get dealt for a bat next year?

I'll miss Murphy (he's earned a few Million$ extra over these last 3 weeks)

Just going to enjoy this season and trust Sandy to build this roster into a dynamo.

Who gives a **** about running out a ground ball, the guy hit another space bomb last night!!!  What he's doing for this line up insnt replaceable by just any old bat. 

What Murphy has been doing over the last month has a a direct relation to Cespedes place in the line up.  Wright isnt Cespedes, never was and certainly wont be moving forward, not with his age and injury history.  

I know it's unlikely but damn!  I want this dude for next couple of years.  The Mets have something that could last right now and he's a crucial piece to what has happened to this offense. 

Archived