2015 Mets thread!

adb280z

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Wright will make his return to the Mets on Monday in Philly

August 19th, 2015 12:43 pm

David Wright is expected to be ready for game action on Saturday, according to the New York Post.

However, instead of flying him from St. Lucie to Coors Field in Colorado then to Philadelphia the next night, the Mets will have Wright meet the team at Citizen’s Bank Park and make his return on Monday, Aug. 24 against the Phillies.

In the meantime, Wright will continue his minor league rehab assignment through the end of the week and then rest over the weekend before meeting his teammates in Philadelphia.

Wright has been out since April, first due to a hamstring injury and then with lumbar spinal stenosis.

He is 4-for-15 (all singles, no RBI) with five walks in five games with St. Lucie. He has committed three errors at third base.

David Wright will make his return to the Mets on Monday in Philly

August 19th, 2015 12:43 pm

David Wright is expected to be ready for game action on Saturday, according to the New York Post.

However, instead of flying him from St. Lucie to Coors Field in Colorado then to Philadelphia the next night, the Mets will have Wright meet the team at Citizen’s Bank Park and make his return on Monday, Aug. 24 against the Phillies.

In the meantime, Wright will continue his minor league rehab assignment through the end of the week and then rest over the weekend before meeting his teammates in Philadelphia.

Wright has been out since April, first due to a hamstring injury and then with lumbar spinal stenosis.

He is 4-for-15 (all singles, no RBI) with five walks in five games with St. Lucie. He has committed three errors at third base.

That's a good move. Both teams are something awful, but I think the Mets can't afford to **** around with the Colorado games because they're still rebounding from the Pittsburgh skid. We have deGrom and Thor leading off the Philly series, the Phillies may be the worst team in the NL, and that's a ballpark Wright knows well.

Much love for taking care of the O's tonight. Grandy man on fire!

It's a shame he didn't start coming around until late June. If he played like this since April people would be mentioning him in the MVP discussion as a 2nd tier candidate. It's obviously McCutcheon's to lose but it would be nice to see him getting some credit. Where he goes, the Mets' offense follows.

That's a good move. Both teams are something awful, but I think the Mets can't afford to **** around with the Colorado games because they're still rebounding from the Pittsburgh skid. We have deGrom and Thor leading off the Philly series, the Phillies may be the worst team in the NL, and that's a ballpark Wright knows well.

Rockies is going to be a hard series. You just can't predict how those games will go out there.

I sure hope the little things like pulling Verrett early so he can get a spot-start for Harvey don't wind up being the the things we look at as what cost us down the stretch. Tough to find a balance with this stuff. Have to find some sort of balance between getting to the playoffs and making sure Harvey can pitch in them. I don't envy Collins with this sh*t at all. Such a tough call on how to play this stuff.

This all my fault.  When I was on vacation, I was bragging about the Mets playing the best ball in the league and how deadly they'll be in a 7 games series because of the pitching staff and they go on a 3 game skid.  Last night, I told my brother we have the O's number before the game started and they proceeded to lose in the 9th inning.

It's not relief pitching or defense.  It's JiF.

Sorry!

This all my fault.  When I was on vacation, I was bragging about the Mets playing the best ball in the league and how deadly they'll be in a 7 games series because of the pitching staff and they go on a 3 game skid.  Last night, I told my brother we have the O's number before the game started and they proceeded to lose in the 9th inning.

It's not relief pitching or defense.  It's JiF.

Sorry!

We forgive you, but don't let it happen again.

We forgive you, but don't let it happen again.

This happens anytime I ever get excited about one of my teams and start speaking positively about their season.  So, I'm going to return to form and be a miserable prick and start to prepare for a colossal late season Metsiest of Mets collapse we've ever seen.

You're all very welcome. 

The Bullpen has been imploding-Familia has been shaky since the all star break. Robles is inconsistent with his pitches. we know about Parnell.

Clippard has mostly been solid. looking for Verrett to help

The Bullpen has been imploding-Familia has been shaky since the all star break. Robles is inconsistent with his pitches. we know about Parnell.

Clippard has mostly been solid. looking for Verrett to help

I've just been racking my brain to try and remember when finagling with the rotation to save on innings has ever worked. The only two recent examples I can think of are the Mets and Nats and it was disastrous for both teams.

ST. LUCIE 5, PALM BEACH 2: Steven Matz allowed one run on four hits and a walk in 2 2/3 innings in his second rehab start. He threw 41 pitches (25 strikes). The lone run against Matz came on Collin Radack's two-out single in the first. Stefan Sabol dived in shallow left field, but the ball popped out of his glove as he hit the ground, allowing C.J. McElroy to score. Matz was pulled after a four-pitch walk to Mason Katz with two outs in the third. Jake Kuebler entered and recorded the final out to strand two inherited baserunners. Kuebler held the Cardinals off the scoreboard for 4 1/3 innings and earned the win. He allowed two singles and struck out four. Yeixon Ruiz opened the game with an infield single and Jeff McNeil followed with a double. Dominic Smith drove in Ruiz with a single. McNeil then scored on Victor Cruzado's groundout for a 2-0 lead. McNeil's two-out single plated Amed Rosario in the second. Cardinals starter Jhonny Polanco walked the bases loaded in the third. Colton Plaia made the Cardinals pay when he smoked a two-out, two-run double against reliever Cody Schumacher for a 5-1 lead. McElroy led off the eighth with a solo homer against Kyle Regnault. McNeil led finished 3-for-4 with a double, run and RBI. Box

I have a feeling we're gonna need about 5 more runs to win this tonight.

Yeah me too. With NATS getting killed I'd be tempted to pull Colon for Verrett and pitch Harvey Sunday. 

Giants made a great move in getting Byrd. Wouldn't of minded seeing him back in Flushing for the stretch drive.

Yeah me too. With NATS getting killed I'd be tempted to pull Colon for Verrett and pitch Harvey Sunday. 

Giants made a great move in getting Byrd. Wouldn't of minded seeing him back in Flushing for the stretch drive.

here we go 8-7 lol…gonna be a long night.

The one piece of information that I'd like to know is "where his fastball is sitting at?" If he's back throwing 95 then his delivery is unimpeded by the injury and he's on schedule to come up in another 10 days or so.

All hands on deck.

ST. LUCIE 5, PALM BEACH 2: Steven Matz allowed one run on four hits and a walk in 2 2/3 innings in his second rehab start. He threw 41 pitches (25 strikes). The lone run against Matz came on Collin Radack's two-out single in the first. Stefan Sabol dived in shallow left field, but the ball popped out of his glove as he hit the ground, allowing C.J. McElroy to score. Matz was pulled after a four-pitch walk to Mason Katz with two outs in the third. Jake Kuebler entered and recorded the final out to strand two inherited baserunners. Kuebler held the Cardinals off the scoreboard for 4 1/3 innings and earned the win. He allowed two singles and struck out four. Yeixon Ruiz opened the game with an infield single and Jeff McNeil followed with a double. Dominic Smith drove in Ruiz with a single. McNeil then scored on Victor Cruzado's groundout for a 2-0 lead. McNeil's two-out single plated Amed Rosario in the second. Cardinals starter Jhonny Polanco walked the bases loaded in the third. Colton Plaia made the Cardinals pay when he smoked a two-out, two-run double against reliever Cody Schumacher for a 5-1 lead. McElroy led off the eighth with a solo homer against Kyle Regnault. McNeil led finished 3-for-4 with a double, run and RBI. Box

Archived