2015 JN Mock Draft V.1 DISCUSSION Thread

T0mShane

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you all feel about Armstead to Baltimore?

Haha. See my post above. He's a monster. But I don't know if it's because he's so tall but he looks like a stiff at times. Just wonder if he's got the moves to make it at the next level.

I liked him enough to narrow it down to him or Collins.

I lucked out, I sent Hess a list of 5 guys before I started my commute home. In order of priority:

Eddie Goldman DT/NT

Jordan Phillips DT/NT

Arik Armstead DE

Landon Collins S

DJ Humprhies OT

I was torn between Eddie Goldman and Arik Armstead, but because the Colts just signed Langford to move to 3-4 DE and have guys like Aurthur Jones and Cory Redding, I thought it was more important to shore up the middle of that DL. The research I was able to do on Goldman and Phillips projected them both at being able to play nose in a 3-4. 

It was a great opportunity to draft for need and still be looking at guys in that BPA range. I think, lol.

Decided to make the GB pick based on talent and hope the character issues don't get in the way.  IMO, Marcus Peters is the most talented CB in the draft - and with GB losing Davon House and Tramon Williams to FA, the need was there.  Don't think GB is the type of team to roll the dice on a guy like Peters, but they do need an upgrade at the position.

Decided to make the GB pick based on talent and hope the character issues don't get in the way.  IMO, Marcus Peters is the most talented CB in the draft - and with GB losing Davon House and Tramon Williams to FA, the need was there.  Don't think GB is the type of team to roll the dice on a guy like Peters, but they do need an upgrade at the position.

They did take a flier on Lyerla last year, so maybe Ted Thompson isn't too afraid of personalities.

Good work, gang. Pretty sound first round after some early hiccups. 

Anyone have any suggestions to make it run smoother? RobR PMed me some tips, such as cutting the time down to 3 hours max between picks, and some other stuff. I believe DCat said he was going to pull together a position-by-position ranking so we can cross off players as they're chosen. If he gets to that, cool. If not, I'll pull something together tomorrow afternoon.

Flowers is a great pick for the Panthers. Dupree at 20 is obviously a coup...Fowler Jr. seems like a great fit for the Saints...Same with Pats and Odighizuwa, Cowboys with Collins, Lions with Peat, Browns with Shelton...Where does Erving play? I think C is his best pro position and the Steelers have Pouncey...

Flowers is a great pick for the Panthers. Dupree at 20 is obviously a coup...Fowler Jr. seems like a great fit for the Saints...Same with Pats and Odighizuwa, Cowboys with Collins, Lions with Peat, Browns with Shelton...Where does Erving play? I think C is his best pro position and the Steelers have Pouncey...

I'd put Erving at LG for the next decade and watch the money pile up.

Players Taken: through Round 1

QB: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota 

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon

WR: Kevin White, Amari Cooper, LeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett,
TE:

OL: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Cam Erving, Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, DJ Humphries
DL: Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Owamagbe Odighizuwa 
LB: Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Jr., Bud Dupree

DB: Tray Waynes, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, PJ Williams

Guys - give this a whirl and see if it's easy to use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mLm1SmnXAHxhDwta8KpngUEjgqCDJnFxjA7UdOKMzOo/edit?usp=sharing

When you make a pick, highlight it in red, unless Tom thinks it's easier to have one person do it when every pick is made.

Compiled from most draft-eligible prospects. If someone isn't on it who you want (shouldn't happen til later rounds, if at all, just add them)

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mLm1SmnXAHxhDwta8KpngUEjgqCDJnFxjA7UdOKMzOo/edit?usp=sharing

When you make a pick, highlight it in red, unless Tom thinks it's easier to have one person do it when every pick is made.

Compiled from most draft-eligible prospects. If someone isn't on it who you want (shouldn't happen til later rounds, if at all, just add them)

Looks good - seems simple enough to use. 

Thanks for putting this together.

Guys... feedback on my pick, reasoning, etc.

I'm not doing this because I think I know my sh*t, I'm doing it so that I can learn about the draft class. My feeling won't be hurt if I screwed up. I promise.

Players Taken: through Round 1

QB: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota 

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon

WR: Kevin White, Amari Cooper, LeVante Parker, Jaelen Strong, Dorial Green-Beckham, Phillip Dorsett,

TE:

OL: Brandon Scherff, La'el Collins, Cam Erving, Andrus Peat, Ereck Flowers, DJ Humphries

DL: Leonard Williams, Shane Ray, Danny Shelton, Malcolm Brown, Arik Armstead, Eddie Goldman, Owamagbe Odighizuwa 

LB: Randy Gregory, Vic Beasley, Dante Fowler Jr., Bud Dupree

DB: Tray Waynes, Jalen Collins, Landon Collins, Marcus Peters, PJ Williams

Thank you, H-bone

Looks pretty slick, and thank you. Only issue is that I monitor a bunch of this stuff on my phone on the fly, so I may not have quick access to Docs. If a couple of you more savvy guys can monitor that page, it'll be golden. Very cool.

I'm not doing this because I think I know my sh*t, I'm doing it so that I can learn about the draft class. My feeling won't be hurt if I screwed up. I promise.

I like Goldman.. stalwart on a stout defense. I'm slightly concerned that he won't develop as a pass-rusher. But he should be able to help against the run immediately. 

I like Goldman.. stalwart on a stout defense. I'm slightly concerned that he won't develop as a pass-rusher. But he should be able to help against the run immediately. 

The Colts run a 3-4, I specifically elevated him on my "Colts board" because he makes more sense in a 3-4 NT role where he's not being asked to rush the passer. He and the other DT I was considering, both project better to 3-4 nose. From what I read... make sense? 

Thank you, H-bone

Looks pretty slick, and thank you. Only issue is that I monitor a bunch of this stuff on my phone on the fly, so I may not have quick access to Docs. If a couple of you more savvy guys can monitor that page, it'll be golden. Very cool.

Install google drive app.

Every player you pick will bust. 

The Colts run a 3-4, I specifically elevated him on my "Colts board" because he makes more sense in a 3-4 NT role where he's not being asked to rush the passer. He and the other DT I was considering, both project better to 3-4 nose. From what I read... make sense? 

Yeah he definitely projects way better in a 3-4. 

My picks are coming up soon, who do I PM after the Tampa pick? Who has Tennessee now

Why did you go DE for the pats? They just Signed Sherard and they have Jones, Ninko along with Buccanon coming back.  Why did you not go with Kevin Johnson a much bigger need.

Archived