Brooks Bollinger > Geno Smith

jgb

Not sure why such a foreign concept for homers but if you "bash" players who prevent the Jets from winning it is actually indicative of greater fandom than worshiping any bum in uniform. If geno starts playing well then I will support him. He keeps costing jets games then damn straight I will continue to vilify.

Dont make me bump the START MATT SIMMS thread !!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says the he/she with 1000 posts most attacking and ridiculing others

Is Fitz your hero or something or do you clean bathrooms at Harvard and once wiped up his piss stain.

Before you run your yap you should go back and read those posts, almost none were attacking until jl went under and some idiots came here. Then there is the four people that think Geno or Wilson don't suck at football. Good news is the jets don't have to worry about Wilson sucking because he gone. I figure Geno will be gone soon enough.

But I guess you are smarter the 95% of the posters in here or better yet the jets front office. Cause they all think Wilson sucks and Geno got no future, cause he sucks.

Your quote was if you love the Jets you should hate Geno; thats just stupid, sorry.  

I don't know why it is necessary to label someone with a different point of view than you have.  I am a homer because I hope the guy can get better? If he doesn't improve he will be gone but I don't see the point in rooting against the guy to succeed.   You bashing the guy has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are.  Just shows how impatient you are.  The guy is going into his 3rd year and now has a offensive coordinator known for helping qbs excel.   Am I a homer for hoping he can help Smith take the next step as a qb?  Even if it means backing up Fitz and learning from the sidelines and getting better that way, in the end that only works in our favor.   Sorry if I want our new coaching staff to get more out of a recent 2nd round pick than just cut him because he was force fed the job and struggled.  

If he shows no significant improvement, he will be gone.  I trust Bowles and Co. will make the right decision regarding him. 

Hoping that Geno would turn it around is what caused us to pass on Bridgewater and Carr. You can hope on him turning it around all you want, but at the end of the day he is what he is, a backup qb.

Your quote was if you love the Jets you should hate Geno; thats just stupid, sorry.

I don't know why it is necessary to label someone with a different point of view than you have. I am a homer because I hope the guy can get better? If he doesn't improve he will be gone but I don't see the point in rooting against the guy to succeed. You bashing the guy has nothing to do with how much of a fan you are. Just shows how impatient you are. The guy is going into his 3rd year and now has a offensive coordinator known for helping qbs excel. Am I a homer for hoping he can help Smith take the next step as a qb? Even if it means backing up Fitz and learning from the sidelines and getting better that way, in the end that only works in our favor. Sorry if I want our new coaching staff to get more out of a recent 2nd round pick than just cut him because he was force fed the job and struggled.

If he shows no significant improvement, he will be gone. I trust Bowles and Co. will make the right decision regarding him.

Uh you serious? "All you guys do is bash the players!!"

Homers started the label game. And yes if you like a team you absolutely should hate those who make it lose. I think it is funny that some of same people who sniff Genos jock are able to plainly see that EJ Manuel stinks. They are virtually the same guy. I actually think Manuel is better, although we are really comparing the scent of two turds. And for the batrillionith time--I hope geno gets better too, but I recognize it is a ridiculous long shot unless he gets a hold of that drug from "Limitless"

Hoping that Geno would turn it around is what caused us to pass on Bridgewater and Carr. You can hope on him turning it around all you want, but at the end of the day he is what he is, a backup qb.

Good luck explaining a concept as rudimentary as opportunity cost to the hope and pray crowd

Dont make me bump the START MATT SIMMS thread !!

Foley bollinger fielder Simms Clemens Vick--all were most popuar player on team to fans.

Gotta give to us jets fans--40 years of cock punches and we keep leading with our nuts

You wanted Rex Ryan to be retained after 4 straight playoff-less seasons, and a 4-12 record in 2014.

No I didn't Rex was a clown liked him as a person not a football coach.

Before you run your yap you should go back and read those posts, almost none were attacking until jl went under and some idiots came here. Then there is the four people that think Geno or Wilson don't suck at football. Good news is the jets don't have to worry about Wilson sucking because he gone. I figure Geno will be gone soon enough.

But I guess you are smarter the 95% of the posters in here or better yet the jets front office. Cause they all think Wilson sucks and Geno got no future, cause he sucks.

The Jets front office hasn't won a Super Bowl since 1969. If you are representing the other posters then yes I am. 

The guy went 8-8 as a raw rookie with zero weapons; they felt he would improve with a year of experience and so the decided to try and build around him;  did you really think they would draft a qb in the first round or 2nd round the next year?    I would have been okay with them drafting either one of them but I understand why they didn't. 

Just like I have my opinion, you have your OPINION on what Geno is.  I just wish you could acknowledge that is an OPINION and not a FACT.  At the end of the day, Bowles will be making the decision on what he is or isn't as it relates to the Jets and I am okay with that.   So if that makes me a "homer" so be it. 

I hope Gailey can teach Geno how to read a blitz, since he doesn't seem to have grasped that yet. Yes, I am STILL pissed at him costing us the NE game that we lost by one frickin point because he took a sack and took team out of FG range. That is the kind of dumb play that has showcased his two seasons. He CAN'T read defenses and like they say, "you don't know what you don't know." Being a Jets fan and wanting to win of course I pray Gailey can instruct dumb and dumberer to wise up. Also, I am not sure Mornhinweg is a great QB teacher either. I know former QB coach David Lee sucks, so maybe some of it is his fault. We'll see, but I expect Fitzpatrick to win the job.

Uh you serious? "All you guys do is bash the players!!"

Homers started the label game. And yes if you like a team you absolutely should hate those who make it lose. I think it is funny that some of same people who sniff Genos jock are able to plainly see that EJ Manuel stinks. They are virtually the same guy. I actually think Manuel is better, although we are really comparing the scent of two turds. And for the batrillionith time--I hope geno gets better too, but I recognize it is a ridiculous long shot unless he gets a hold of that drug from "Limitless"

No it is just the 95%.  The front office is going to see for themselves if the guy can do the job or not and don't give a sh*t what 95% of the fans think about a player.  No matter how much you want to believe to the contrary, Bowles will  give Geno a legitimate shot to compete for the starting job.  

I liked Geno as a talent simply when he was on the field.  However what he acts like off the field and in interviews is not the way a leader should act.  For that reason alone, I would much rather see Fitzpatrick start this year.  Usually, those off the field remarks/leadership qualities improve over time with younger guys but I really don't see Geno improving in that regard at all.  

This instagram post he made was really unacceptable in the fact that he's getting paid millions to do a job yet he states something else is more important than that job.  

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-03-21 at 5.20.20 PM.png

I can see him improving in that area.  It is called growing up.  Not everyone matures at the same rate.  Having said that I totally agree with you that it was unacceptable.  The previous regime really enabled him but basically handing him the starting job with no real competition and then not disciplining him when necessary.  You can bet that Bowles will be running a very tight ship.  

With 12 picks JI didn't take another QB. Baffling.

Wish we had someone

who isn't good like Eli with 2 rings.

Eli manning winning two superbowls was a fluke.... it was actually a miracle (along with the fact that they got some extra help being the choir boys of the nfl).  The Giants are going nowhere with him... 

No it is just the 95%. The front office is going to see for themselves if the guy can do the job or not and don't give a sh*t what 95% of the fans think about a player. No matter how much you want to believe to the contrary, Bowles will give Geno a legitimate shot to compete for the starting job.

If the front office had any belief then they would not trade for and then draft a QB to replace him.

Geno has been bad much more than he's been good so far.  I know there are a few folks that want to "wait for Geno to develop" or "see what he can do with more weapons," but the bottom line is that there aren't too many QB's who come into the league and are atrocious that all of a sudden develop into good QB's, no matter how much time they're given.  I share the belief of some here that the Jets need to keep drafting QB's until they strike gold.  Can't keep giving stiffs 3-4 years to figure it out.

If the front office had any belief then they would not trade for and then draft a QB to replace him.

Not true, they are hedging their bets which is what smart organizations do.  Trading a 7th round pick for vet qb when you only have two qbs on the roster just makes sense. Considering Fitz played under Gailey it made even more sense to acquire him.  BTW, the draft is still two months away and we don't know who they are drafting and if they do go for a qb it may be a mid to late round developmental pick.  

The guy went 8-8 as a raw rookie with zero weapons; they felt he would improve with a year of experience and so the decided to try and build around him;  did you really think they would draft a qb in the first round or 2nd round the next year?    I would have been okay with them drafting either one of them but I understand why they didn't. 

Just like I have my opinion, you have your OPINION on what Geno is.  I just wish you could acknowledge that is an OPINION and not a FACT.  At the end of the day, Bowles will be making the decision on what he is or isn't as it relates to the Jets and I am okay with that.   So if that makes me a "homer" so be it. 

why are you so obsessed with people explicitly stating that obvious opinions are opinions?

Eli manning winning two superbowls was a fluke.... it was actually a miracle (along with the fact that they got some extra help being the choir boys of the nfl). The Giants are going nowhere with him...

A fluke?? Lmaooo. If u can beat Belicheat and Brady twice in a Super Bowl it ain't a fluke. Surprising yes but not a miracle. Defense shut down the mighty patriots twice and Manning went down the field in the final 3 m for the go ahead winning score twice. If u want to see miracles then watch the 30 for 30 story on the U.S. Hockey team.

Eli manning winning two superbowls was a fluke.... it was actually a miracle (along with the fact that they got some extra help being the choir boys of the nfl). The Giants are going nowhere with him...

When Eli wins his 3rd Super Bowl next year will that be another fluke?

When Eli wins his 3rd Super Bowl next year will that be another fluke?

When something supports your position: "evidence"

When it does not: "fluke"

Dunno how it is done over at JI but man it is no wonder the place fell apart.

Archived