Tannenbaum vs Rex

artemusclyde

Rex vs Tannenbaum  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who does better/lasts longer

Short term (next year) I think Rex will have more success with a better team in Buffalo but I could see Tanny hanging around for a few years  amid all of that disfunction in Miami, there are a few people that will be fired before they figure out trader Mike

AFE games should be good entertainment for Jets fans this year

I've said it before if Rex has proven anything it's that he is his dad , his first stop will wind up being his most success, the Bills job is going to be Buddy's Cardinals all over again , then it's off to be a D coordinator.

I think they were not a good match. Tannenbaum can do fine if he has a Coach that is a good talent evaluator. That's not Rex. Rex is a good motivator for short term success. He can scheme defenses very well. But it doesn't seem that hehe has the ability to develop young talent. All his best work was with established veterans.

I think they were not a good match. Tannenbaum can do fine if he has a Coach that is a good talent evaluator. That's not Rex. Rex is a good motivator for short term success. He can scheme defenses very well. But it doesn't seem that hehe has the ability to develop young talent. All his best work was with established veterans.

A head coach should be able to develop talent, it should not be a requirement for a head coach to evaluate college talent and project it to the NFL game. That is what scouts and college personnel evaluators are for in your front office. Coaches go to prodays and see how they perform drills in the schemes that they employ. 

At my last place of work the technical director who oversaw 6 of us engineers was a bean counter and he was the best director we had. 

Short term (next year) I think Rex will have more success with a better team in Buffalo but I could see Tanny hanging around for a few years  amid all of that disfunction in Miami, there are a few people that will be fired before they figure out trader Mike

I don't think dysfunction is a strong enough word for the situation in Miami. You've got a President/CEO, an Executive VP of Football Operations, a General Manager, an Executive VP of Football Administration and a Head Coach, all of whom report directly to the owner. 

That qualifies as a total cluster****. 

Rex will bring excitement to the fan base which that alone is worth something and as long as he has a top notch defense his team will be a pain in the ass to play against.   He will be there at least 3 years.  Tanny, I'm not sure how long he lasts.

Rex stepped into a bad situation for him. Basically the Jets all over again with a good defense and no QB. And no first round pick this year, either. He brought with him what I thought was basically a failure of an offensive staff. I don't see how he makes that work for any period of time. I said at the time that he should take the year off and do TV, but he made a decision that earns him another $25M or so and TV will always be there for him.

I'd say that Tanny can always buy himself some short term success, but he's already blown quite a bit of that budget on Suh. Tannehill is a serviceable QB, though, and I'd say that's what gives him the edge.

Rex stepped into a bad situation for him. Basically the Jets all over again with a good defense and no QB. And no first round pick this year, either. He brought with him what I thought was basically a failure of an offensive staff. I don't see how he makes that work for any period of time. I said at the time that he should take the year off and do TV, but he made a decision that earns him another $25M or so and TV will always be there for him.

I'd say that Tanny can always buy himself some short term success, but he's already blown quite a bit of that budget on Suh. Tannehill is a serviceable QB, though, and I'd say that's what gives him the edge.

spot on imo..

Rex will bring excitement to the fan base which that alone is worth something and as long as he has a top notch defense his team will be a pain in the ass to play against.   He will be there at least 3 years.  Tanny, I'm not sure how long he lasts.

Excitement works only until the HC starts effing things up with dumb timeouts, pointless challenges and pussified  run/run/Inc pass/punt offense. The Bills will recognize this before September is over. The "master motivator" stuff is overrated. The differences in talent are small, so having a dumbass beeper salesmen in an i-cloud coaching world  is not gonna work any better in Buffalo. Rex Ryan is in fact f___ing worthless. 

Tannenbaum will suck and kiss his way to at least 4-5 years in teal and orange. 

Herman Edwards. He will be assaulting our senses on ESPN till the end of time.

A walking talking argument for the proposition that watching anything other than the games themselves is a pointless waste of your time. 

Excitement works only until the HC starts effing things up with dumb timeouts, pointless challenges and pussified  run/run/Inc pass/punt offense. The Bills will recognize this before September is over. The "master motivator" stuff is overrated. The differences in talent are small, so having a dumbass beeper salesmen in an i-cloud coaching world  is not gonna work any better in Buffalo. Rex Ryan is in fact f___ing worthless. 

Tannenbaum will suck and kiss his way to at least 4-5 years in teal and orange. 

What's fun is that Bills fans already know that he sucks, so his honeymoon period ends the minute after their first two game losing streak.

Tanny is well on his way to blowing up the Fins cap structure with that ridiculous deal for Suh. I think Rex will have success short term - getting Buffalo back to 9-7 should suffice - but Tanny may well last longer. We'll see how many reaches Tanny goes for in the upcoming draft.

I don't think dysfunction is a strong enough word for the situation in Miami. You've got a President/CEO, an Executive VP of Football Operations, a General Manager, an Executive VP of Football Administration and a Head Coach, all of whom report directly to the owner. 

That qualifies as a total cluster****. 

LOL that is a much better description, especially when you consider the owners; Ross has brought in Gloria Estefan, Marc Anthony, Venus Williams, and Serena Williams, as minority owners of the team.

So who is the first one fired, my money is on Philbin 

Tanny is well on his way to blowing up the Fins cap structure with that ridiculous deal for Suh. I think Rex will have success short term - getting Buffalo back to 9-7 should suffice - but Tanny may well last longer. We'll see how many reaches Tanny goes for in the upcoming draft.

Have to give him credit for landing the "big fish" of FA but as we know, the bill will come due 

should be fun to watch, i wonder if he will be on the field when they play the Bills

Tanny, but not by much.  Rex should have taken some time away from the game to reevaluate things.  Tanny took some time away from the game after working his way up through an organization.  Gave him time to see things from the employee side of transactions.  A good GM isn't necessarily a great evaluator or a great deal maker, rather they have to be competent leaders and managers.  

Tanny, his merits and flaws notwithstanding, still needed to develop as a leader capable of developing a culture where people beneath him thrived.  He won't have to be a leader in Miami and it is questionable whether he will learn about leadership in a setting with competing power centers.  At least his flaws won't be exposed, but doubtful he will improve and be a GM again.  

Rex may have figured the head coaching pool was weak and there were a lot of teams so now was the right time to try get hired if he wanted to stay in the game.  But he really would have served himself by taking one or two years to relax and reevaluate what went wrong.  Some people said he should have waited for a better coaching position to line up.  I don't believe that, I just think that he would be a better coach if he didn't jump right into HC position again.  

Archived