AAron Hernandez

flgreen

Or minorities. About 20 years ago I was a juror in a felony case. it wasn't a murder case, but what happened was a 23 YO drug dealer when approached by two cops fled down an alley. Stopped, and fired two shots at the cops (no one was hit) He escaped the scene, but was arrested 6 hours later at his mothers house. No gun.

Both tf the witnesses were white cops who testified that the defendant was well known to them, and he was the guy who shot at them. The defense position was white people can't id black people. Really.

If you think that certain peoples arguments on here are obtuse, LOL juries are bizare.

After 2 days of deliberations, the defendent was found guilty of a lesser charge. Resisting arrest. Which baffled me. If he was the one who fled, he was obviously the one who fired the gun.

I agreed to it only because it was either that,or we were going to be a hung jury in two more days, and I had to get back to my business.

They jury was spit on racial lines of course.

Other races have a hard time identifying other races. This is a fact.

Eyewitness testimony isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Don't take a cop's word on anything. Need I remind you what just happened in South Carolina?

And before anyone gets all knee-jerk cop love on me, my father was a cop for 21 years. I know them better than most. SOME are OK, a majority are power tripping assholes.

Hernandez lawyer’s stunning claim defies logic, evidence
Posted by Mike Florio on April 7, 2015, 6:16 PM EDT
hernandez5.jpg?w=450Getty Images

Lawyers have extensive discretion when making statements during closing arguments, limited only by the willingness of the opposing lawyer to interrupt with an objection and the presiding judge to sustain it.  As a result, many outlandish claims routinely are made in the name of securing a victory — claims that defy logic and, most importantly, conflict with the evidence introduced during the trial.

On Tuesday, the lawyer presenting the closing argument on behalf of former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez made a claim that defies both logic and the evidence.

“He was a 23-year-old kid who witnessed something, a shocking killing, committed by someone he knew,” James Sultan told the jury, via ESPN.com.  “He didn’t know what to do, so he just put one foot in front of the other.”

While it became fairly obvious as a result of the testimony offered Monday regarding the potential effects of PCP use that Hernandez’s lawyers want jurors to think Carlos Ortiz or Ernest Wallace shot and killed Odin Lloyd, the trial included no evidence that Hernandez witnessed the killing of Odin Lloyd, primarily because Hernandez didn’t testify.

The notion that Hernandez was “shocked” by the killing of Odin Lloyd (the man Sultan described as during the closing as a close friend and future brother-in-law of Hernandez) also doesn’t mesh with the subsequent events — specifically, Hernandez bringing Lloyd’s killer to Hernandez’s home, where his young daughter was sleeping.

It’s impossible to know how any of us would handle the aftermath of witnessing a murder, but it’s hard to imagine that someone who was shocked by seeing the unexpected murder of a close friend and future family member would bring the killer back to the witness’s home, possibly to watch some TV, play some FIFA, and eat some Fritos.

Sultan’s claim didn’t draw an objection, and it may never be known whether it resonated with the jury.  If Hernandez is convicted, it will mean that it didn’t.  If he’s acquitted, maybe it worked.

You guys are giving the NFL way too much credit.

You guys are giving the NFL way too much credit.

Someone said it above. He has more murder charges coming up. And each of these take time. Even if he's ultimately acquitted he'll have been out of the league for several years by that time. I'm sure he can procure whatever anabolics are needed in prison but his cash flow to do so is constricted by his on-going legal costs. And though he can probably train with free weights and aggressive prison rapes, it's different than highly controlled precision workouts complemented with a proper performance enhancing drug regimen.

Best case for him is he beats all the charges while this awful D-grade celebrity reality TV trend is still going. He gets a show and earns enough to finance some petty crime which he'll inevitably screw up since by then his legal wins will have him think he's above the law ala OJ and his awful and ultimately ill-fated robbery attempt.

I personally hope he's just convicted of something big now to save us from all of this. But if not, this is how I sees it playing out

he will be found guilty of minimal accessory to murder,, and he has 2nd trial coming up,, he will be too old before all this is settled

Agreed. He's not gonna be free for a while even if he's found not guilty on this murder charge. He still has the other double homicide trial coming up.

Jury is still deliberating in this case, makes me think he'll skate on the murder charge but he'll be found guilty on the lesser charges like possession of fire arm (which still carries some serious time). Even at best case realistic scenario Hernandez won't be free until he's in his early to mid 30's, and that's IF he can beat this and the other murder charges. Supposedly there's a better chance at a conviction in the double homicide too from what I've heard on Boston Sports radio.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Archived