Daredevil **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

JoeC36

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a philosophical question really. I was just wondering out loud. You mentioned successful trolling. I mean, yeah, people on the Internet were trolled but is that really the definition of success in life?

No, but getting the other guy to play the IRL card is a pretty reasonable barometer of success in arguing with goofballs on the internet.

No, but getting the other guy to play the IRL card is a pretty reasonable barometer of success in arguing with goofballs on the internet.

At the base level of trolling, sure. I find that I'm more prone to making it a bigger challenge, so I intentionally fold IRL stuff right into my trolling, because I'm striving for a higher level of shaming, outrage and/or humiliation.

If you watched The Walking Dead, you know that Bernthal is a brutally bad actor with one expression. How much we like the Punisher depends on how much leeway you give to Bernthal's limitations. Personally, I enjoyed the Shane character on TWD, because we shared similar philosophies

I tend to agree, and he didn't show much more range in Snitch. That's why I said it was an intriguing choice. I have a hard time picturing Bernthal in the role, his eyes are too close together, he does dimwitted country boy well, but not sure if he's got the chops for what Frank Castle should be. I'm hopeful.

That's why he's right for the punisher. Frank Castles emotional range is from kill to destroy.

More complex than that, but here's hoping you're right.

If you watched The Walking Dead, you know that Bernthal is a brutally bad actor with one expression. How much we like the Punisher depends on how much leeway you give to Bernthal's limitations. Personally, I enjoyed the Shane character on TWD, because we shared similar philosophies

Banging your best friends wife and feeding fat dumb guys to zombies? 

If you watched The Walking Dead, you know that Bernthal is a brutally bad actor with one expression. How much we like the Punisher depends on how much leeway you give to Bernthal's limitations.

Yes. Because one needs an endless range of emotional capability to play Frank Castle. He's got such a vast array of facial expressions and moods.

Yes. Because one needs an endless range of emotional capability to play Frank Castle. He's got such a vast array of facial expressions and moods.

I don't usually don't push back on you on stuff like this, but Jon Bernthal honestly might be the worst actor I've ever seen. I wouldn't hire him to play a lamppost.

The lamppost would certainly grimace and run its hand through its hair a lot.

I thought he was great in Wolf of Wall Street. But Scorcese could draw anything out of anyone so who knows. Marvel has yet to not hit a home run with a casting choice so I'm not too worried about it.

I thought he was great in Wolf of Wall Street. But Scorcese could draw anything out of anyone so who knows. Marvel has yet to not hit a home run with a casting choice so I'm not too worried about it.

And in all fairness, literally everyone on Walking Dead is a terrible actor, including the people with long resumes of good acting, which suggests that the problem there is actually a couple pay grades up. Kinda like how George Lucas can take Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson and turn them all into blocks of wood.

And in all fairness, literally everyone on Walking Dead is a terrible actor, including the people with long resumes of good acting, which suggests that the problem there is actually a couple pay grades up. Kinda like how George Lucas can take Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman and Samuel L. Jackson and turn them all into blocks of wood.

Excellent points here

Pretty much. I'm honestly disappointed they didn't just bring Jane back. While the original Punisher flick was pretty bad (excepting the scene with the guitar player), he really had Castle down pat; as evident by how awesome Dirty Laundry was.

It'll be interesting to see where they go with this. With how successful Daredevil was they should definitely have the green light to do all of the MAX stuff that Ennis wrote. They could do a whole season just from Born.

• 5 months later...

6 episodes in and Jessica Jones is A+++. I am thoroughly enjoying Marvel's Netflix stuff more than anything, and that's including the movies at this point. Mike Colter as Luke Cage is one of the best casting jobs I have ever seen. The guy literally is Luke Cage. I don't think he's ever going to be able to play anything else.

6 episodes in and Jessica Jones is A+++. I am thoroughly enjoying Marvel's Netflix stuff more than anything, and that's including the movies at this point. Mike Colter as Luke Cage is one of the best casting jobs I have ever seen. The guy literally is Luke Cage. I don't think he's ever going to be able to play anything else.

I wondered if anyone else was watching it.

I just decided to watch the last 3 episodes of Daredevil over the weekend, and plan to start in on this soon. Glad to hear it is worthwhile. I agree, the movies are the pits. I much prefer the serial format, it's just a naturally better fit for the story modeling of a comic book character. 

I wondered if anyone else was watching it.

I just decided to watch the last 3 episodes of Daredevil over the weekend, and plan to start in on this soon. Glad to hear it is worthwhile. I agree, the movies are the pits. I much prefer the serial format, it's just a naturally better fit for the story modeling of a comic book character. 

I think the Cap movies have been f'n awesome. Otherwise I can take em or leave em. Not to take anything away from stuff like Guardians or Avengers 1, which I enjoyed, but this stuff works better for adult audiences when it's more grounded. With the movies they have to cater to kids too, and at least for me it has gotten annoying and cookie-cutter in their execution.

I'm four episodes in, and feel the same way. Apparently they're going to do series on Nick Cage, the Iron Fist, then make a Defenders. Rosario Dawson will appear as her nurse character in some or all of them as a thread of crossover.  

I'm four episodes in, and feel the same way. Apparently they're going to do series on Nick Cage, the Iron Fist, then make a Defenders. Rosario Dawson will appear as her nurse character in some or all of them as a thread of crossover.  

I didn't even realize that the cop is Nuke. That's ******* awesome. I hope he pops up in Daredevil, that's one of the greatest DD issues ever.

Just watched first three episodes of Jessica Jones and find myself mesmerized by it.  Another outstanding adaptation from comic book to series by Netflix.  Great casting and I love how haunting and spooky they made it.  Loved the fact they did not show the face of the Kilgrave right away.  Really developed the threat and  intimidation his character has.  When the kid with no kidneys wrote to her to kill him I honestly got chills down my spine.  Amazing how Netflix is capturing the quality of feature films in these series.  So good. 

Archived