Rex Ryan throws the Jets under the bus with bomshell SI article.

Jetsbb

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a great place to watch an NFL football game

Some of my best road trips have been to Buffalo.

I went to college in western NY. saw more JETS games there than any stadium.

Not a place where business moves to. Nor upwardly mobile young workers.

Great fans... Agreed.

I think we are going to  be a tough team to beat this year.  I like the attention and positive input we are getting from the national media.  It feels good to be noticed after so many years.   

That's really about all Rex is good for, to be honest.  In retrospect, when you look back at the 2009 and 2010 Jets, the two trips to the AFCCG aren't all that impressive.  

In 2009, the only reason they got to the playoffs was the Colts and Bengals laying down and letting them go, then they got a terrific draw in the postseason where they got to play the two biggest playoff choke artists out there in the Bengals and Chargers.

The 2010 team was loaded, yet they underachieved all season, despite going 11-5.  They were barely beating crappy teams, having to come back in OT and in the closing minutes of games against teams like Cleveland and Houston.  Now, the playoff run, beating Manning and Brady was impressive, but given the talent on the team, they should have been better and should have challenged the Patriots for the AFC East.

In the moment, those seasons were great because we hadn't been used to any kind of success as Jets fans, so these runs were great times.  But, given the talent levels of both of those teams (the 2009 team was very talented, having been an injured Brett Favre away from being legitimate contenders the year before), it could be argued that Rex underachieved with them.

Buffalo still in NY???? I thought most business and young kids left that city.......

Has anyone ever moved TO buffalo???

Check back - things have changed -  businesses are moving in and leaving Buffalo has slacked off.    We have a 5% unemployment rate -    Thank You Gov. Cuomo

The Bills will be the Pats competition in the AFCE this year.

I agree with this.  The defense before rex was solid.  With Rex it will be better.  Plus, notwithstanding the QB problem, which is major, the rest of the offense stacks up very well compared to Miami and the Jets.  At RB, they have McCoy and Jackson.  The best in the AFCE.  At WR, they have Watkins, Harvin and Woods.. better than the Pats and Dolphins and probably the Jets too depending on whether or not we land Cooper or White.  At TE, they spent a fortune on Clay.  He had better be good or it will go down as an extremely stupid deal.  But lets just say that Clay is that good to warrant $23 miullion guaranteed,  then only Gronkowski is better.  The Bills need help on the OL, but who doesn't?  The Jets, Pats and Dolphins all do.  

The Bills will be a formidable opponent to the the other AFC East teams.  They have the roster to compete.

Check back - things have changed -  businesses are moving in and leaving Buffalo has slacked off.    We have a 5% unemployment rate -    Thank You Gov. Cuomo

I work closely with a large company in Buffalo. Execs there tell me Buffalo and NY in general are so unfriendly to business.

Google it.... Unemployment is over 6 but I like the city. went to college there, ate mighty taco , anchor wings but here in NC, young college educated workers from Western NY move here by the thousands every month. Bills stickers on lots of cars here. They all say the opposite. Low wages, high taxes, fewer high paying jobs.

I work closely with a large company in Buffalo. Execs there tell me Buffalo and NY in general are so unfriendly to business.

Google it.... Unemployment is over 6 but I like the city. went to college there, ate mighty taco , anchor wings but here in NC, young college educated workers from Western NY move here by the thousands every month. Bills stickers on lots of cars here. They all say the opposite. Low wages, high taxes, fewer high paying

hat type of business does your friend call on?    

Buffalo in general is very friendly.   In terms of doing business here,  I know the State of NY is difficult (lot of politics).  I sold medical disposable supplies to hospitals here in Buffalo and it was pretty smooth.  Our local medical facilities enjoyed doing business within the community.  What type of business do you conduct here?  Also,  Western New York is a totally different atomosphere than downstate.  Downstate is pretty tough to deal with in my opinion.

Do you think there was a lot of truth to this statement when you consider John Idzik as GM?  

well, he was talking about when idzik was hired, so I took the statement as a clear shot at tanny, he basically said he was tanny's boss until idzik was hired

Our team also has  enough talent to overcome if it does in fact happen here in Buffalo

your front 7 will be beastly, but when you lose 17-14 because you had 1 timeout left with 5 minutes to go and the defense gave up a late score who the hell cares ?  The first thing you will notice is the QB's will regress.  they will be overly careful.  they will be playing not to lose

Buffalo in general is very friendly. In terms of doing business here, I know the State of NY is difficult (lot of politics). I sold medical disposable supplies to hospitals here in Buffalo and it was pretty smooth. Our local medical facilities enjoyed doing business within the community. What type of business do you conduct here? Also, Western New York is a totally different atomosphere than downstate. Downstate is pretty tough to deal with in my opinion.

:face:

your front 7 will be beastly, but when you lose 17-14 because you had 1 timeout left with 5 minutes to go and the defense gave up a late score who the hell cares ?  The first thing you will notice is the QB's will regress.  they will be overly careful.  they will be playing not to lose

From all outward appearances,  Ryan has a lot of respect for Greg Roman.  Let's hope that Ryan relies on Roman'  feedback  about the QB

well, he was talking about when idzik was hired, so I took the statement as a clear shot at tanny, he basically said he was tanny's boss until idzik was hired

Okay,  thank you.  I am not privy to a lot of went on behind the scenes within the Jets Organization.  

Buffalo in general is very friendly.   In terms of doing business here,  I know the State of NY is difficult (lot of politics).  I sold medical disposable supplies to hospitals here in Buffalo and it was pretty smooth.  Our local medical facilities enjoyed doing business within the community.  What type of business do you conduct here?  Also,  Western New York is a totally different atomosphere than downstate.  Downstate is pretty tough to deal with in my opinion.

They are in Buffalo and Rochester.... Business climate is VERY anti business. Their words. these guys are worth 25 mil. they know what they are talking about.

Okay,  thank you.  I am not privy to a lot of went on behind the scenes within the Jets Organization.  

there is a book out there about it, I didn't read it, it might interest you, collision low crossers.  

rex isn't all bad.  I like the guy.  he is just a perfect example of the peter principle, he was promoted to the level he will fail at.  He just isn't the executive type you need as a HC

when I read the ravens didn't hire him as HC because he gets too close to the players, he won't be able to discipline them or do the cold calculated move in the best interest of the team, I ignored it because he was so awesome declaring the jets are going to win a superbowl etc etc etc

now I know better

btw I went to RIT the year the bills finally got jim kelly.  I was born and raised in upstate NY.  downstaters are just mean, lol

They are in Buffalo and Rochester.... Business climate is VERY anti business. Their words. these guys are worth 25 mil. they know what they are talking about.

I believe you Southpark.  The people in general here are friendly.  Guess business is a different story.

there is a book out there about it, I didn't read it, it might interest you, collision low crossers.  

rex isn't all bad.  I like the guy.  he is just a perfect example of the peter principle, he was promoted to the level he will fail at.  He just isn't the executive type you need as a HC

when I read the ravens didn't hire him as HC because he gets too close to the players, he won't be able to discipline them or do the cold calculated move in the best interest of the team, I ignored it because he was so awesome declaring the jets are going to win a superbowl etc etc etc

now I know better

btw I went to RIT the year the bills finally got jim kelly.  I was born and raised in upstate NY.  downstaters are just mean, lol

I just checked out the Book:  Collision Low Crossers on Amazon.  Sounds like a good read.  I like Rex Ryan.  Buffalo hasn't been this excited about football in 15 years.  I just hope we have a good season.  If the comment Amaro made about Rex is true,  maybe it will do us some good in that he will see to it that team members are held accountable.  I don't see this as a problem (with our current team) but we have a lot of new faces at One Bills Drive.  Honestly,  I am a little concerned about Incognito.  I hope we didn't make a mistake.  Then again,  we have some good leadership amongst our players so I hope any potential problems can be squelched before they infect the team.  My nephew when to RIT, studied Film Director.  He's now living in NYC teaching and loves it. 

I just checked out the Book: Collision Low Crossers on Amazon. Sounds like a good read. I like Rex Ryan. Buffalo hasn't been this excited about football in 15 years. I just hope we have a good season. If the comment Amaro made about Rex is true, maybe it will do us some good in that he will see to it that team members are held accountable. I don't see this as a problem (with our current team) but we have a lot of new faces at One Bills Drive. Honestly, I am a little concerned about Incognito. I hope we didn't make a mistake. Then again, we have some good leadership amongst our players so I hope any potential problems can be squelched before they infect the team. My nephew when to RIT, studied Film Director. He's now living in NYC teaching and loves it.

Incognito was a huge mistake.

And yet, Tanny fired, Rex retained, Bruce Arians to the Cardinals. FML

I just checked out the Book:  Collision Low Crossers on Amazon.  Sounds like a good read.  I like Rex Ryan.  Buffalo hasn't been this excited about football in 15 years.  I just hope we have a good season.  If the comment Amaro made about Rex is true,  maybe it will do us some good in that he will see to it that team members are held accountable.  I don't see this as a problem (with our current team) but we have a lot of new faces at One Bills Drive.  Honestly,  I am a little concerned about Incognito.  I hope we didn't make a mistake.  Then again,  we have some good leadership amongst our players so I hope any potential problems can be squelched before they infect the team.  My nephew when to RIT, studied Film Director.  He's now living in NYC teaching and loves it. 

Buffalo was good last year.

Buffalo has had a better stretch of being competitive versus the Patriots than Rex has over the past 6 years (this is something I looked up, laid out, and proved factually in another thread a few months ago).

All Rex has done is a 2-bit stand-up routine at his press conferences. If that is driving more excitement about football than a season like last year where your team over-achieved and the defense got more stifling week-after-week, then you have a terrible, terrible fan base.

I just checked out the Book: Collision Low Crossers on Amazon. Sounds like a good read. I like Rex Ryan. Buffalo hasn't been this excited about football in 15 years. I just hope we have a good season. If the comment Amaro made about Rex is true, maybe it will do us some good in that he will see to it that team members are held accountable. I don't see this as a problem (with our current team) but we have a lot of new faces at One Bills Drive. Honestly, I am a little concerned about Incognito. I hope we didn't make a mistake. Then again, we have some good leadership amongst our players so I hope any potential problems can be squelched before they infect the team. My nephew when to RIT, studied Film Director. He's now living in NYC teaching and loves it.

Bringing in Incognito, Harvin, Cassel, and Shady is similar to when the Rex Jets brought in Plaxico Burress, LaDainian Tomlinson, Cromartie, and Derrick Mason. All relatively talented players, but each was a me-first douche that hurt the locker rooms of every team they were on. LT and Cro were thrown out of San Diego; Mason was forcibly ejected from the Ravens; and Burress didn't even get a phone call from the Giants when he got out of jail. Cassel is a whiny loser that no one respects, Harvin's issues are well-documented, Shady is a gigantic asswipe, and Incognito is essentially Plaxico who has nothing left in the tank. You guys better start out 6-0 or that locker room will start to collapse upon itself.

Buffalo has had a better stretch of being competitive versus the Patriots than Rex has over the past 6 years (this is something I looked up, laid out, and proved factually in another thread a few months ago).

All Rex has done is a 2-bit stand-up routine at his press conferences. If that is driving more excitement about football than a season like last year where your team over-achieved and the defense got more stifling week-after-week, then you have a terrible, terrible fan base.

The Jets were 4-9 vs. the Pats during the Rex years, including a playoff win. The Bills were 2-10 vs. the Pats in that same stretch. Over the last three years, in six games, which includes a Jets win, the Pats have only beaten the Jets by more than a FG once. During that same stretch, the Bills have beaten the Pats once but lost by 24, 14, and 15. Both were pretty sh*tty but the Jets were noticeably less sh*tty. 

I don't know how you possibly laid out that the Bills were more competitive against the Pats than the Jets during the Rex Ryan era, but your arguments couldn't have been based on the actual outcomes of the games. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jets%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bills%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

The Jets were 4-9 vs. the Pats during the Rex years, including a playoff win. The Bills were 2-10 vs. the Pats in that same stretch. Over the last three years, in six games, which includes a Jets win, the Pats have only beaten the Jets by more than a FG once. During that same stretch, the Bills have beaten the Pats once but lost by 24, 14, and 15. Both were pretty sh*tty but the Jets were noticeably less sh*tty. 

I don't know how you possibly laid out that the Bills were more competitive against the Pats than the Jets during the Rex Ryan era, but your arguments couldn't have been based on the actual outcomes of the games. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jets%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bills%E2%80%93Patriots_rivalry

I know. I was testing something.

The Bills have beat the Pats twice in 6 years and last year in the last game BB with the East locked up didn't play his Vets the whole game and Garopolo got a chance to play..The Jets have beaten them 4 times one of those in the playoffs how are the Bills better??

Bringing in Incognito, Harvin, Cassel, and Shady is similar to when the Rex Jets brought in Plaxico Burress, LaDainian Tomlinson, Cromartie, and Derrick Mason. All relatively talented players, but each was a me-first douche that hurt the locker rooms of every team they were on. LT and Cro were thrown out of San Diego; Mason was forcibly ejected from the Ravens; and Burress didn't even get a phone call from the Giants when he got out of jail. Cassel is a whiny loser that no one respects, Harvin's issues are well-documented, Shady is a gigantic asswipe, and Incognito is essentially Plaxico who has nothing left in the tank. You guys better start out 6-0 or that locker room will start to collapse upon itself.

Great points Tom, you laid out exactly why I think Buffalo skips right over the " 9-7 wild card contender' that even alot of Rex detractors think will happen before he implodes in year 2 and gets fired after 3 years, …I think its a Kotitian implosion from day 1 and he's out in 2 years.

Archived