GAME OF THRONES (*SPOILERS ALERT*)

13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

"Meh, I'm confused! Nobodies splainin' things to me! I guess they didnt have gaffers or flood lights...what a crappy production!! Can't they at least have some exposition from someone, so I know whats happening during the desperate battle fought in the dark against an army of the undead in a giant medieval type castle and keep! How am I supposed to know whats happening in the stoooory! Sheesh. Hack frauds....."

?

If only they had Twitter, Jon's dragon could've updated its profile status so we know it's okay.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay, Arya may not kill Cersei, but she's definitely gonna kill The Mountain.

That scene with her killing deadies with that staff? Flashbacks to Oberyn. Even that armor she was wearing looked exactly like the armor Oberyn wore when he dueled The Mountain.

I don't usually make predictions about this show, but that's mine.

Not a chance.  The Hound vs. Mountain has been teased since the first season.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Also I’m about 90% sure that Ghost was CGI’d in after the fact. Gone for seasons and he hasn’t been acknowledged at all. He’s the last direwolf ffs. They’re to the Stark’s what the Dragons are to the Targ’s.

The real 4-foot dog couldn't be there for the shoot. Scheduling conflicts.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

It's the trope of bring him to his lowest point so he can rise up at the end more dramatically.

Kind of like what the Jets have been doing for the last 8 years.  

But you're right, Theon has been more of a man than Jamie lately.  

I'm surprised the death count of named characters was as low as it was.  I guess they will rack up a few more in the Lannister war.

I really was expecting Brienne to die. The only complaint I've had with the show since Jon was resurrected was that they've been more tentative with killing off popular characters, instead choosing to kill off lesser, peripheral characters.

I mean, Tormund is awesome, but how the **** has he survived that giant battle with the dead north of the wall last season, the destruction of Eastmarch(?) at the end of last season, and now this? Speaking of that north of the wall battle, I was expecting a number of deaths, but the guy they choose to kill? The drunken preacher who no one gives a sh*t about. Seriously?

Still, a great show, and last episode was phenomenal.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Help me out here: did Arya kill the NK with that Littlefinger dagger or with that staff thing Gendry made her? 

Dagger, doofus. Dagger that was used by assassin to try and kill Bran, then given by Catelyn to Littlefinger, the Bran to Arya right in the same place she killed NK with it.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

I really was expecting Brienne to die. The only complaint I've had with the show since Jon was resurrected was that they've been more tentative with killing off popular characters, instead choosing to kill off lesser, peripheral characters.

I mean, Tormund is awesome, but how the **** has he survived that giant battle with the dead north of the wall last season, the destruction of Eastmarch(?) at the end of last season, and now this? Speaking of that north of the wall battle, I was expecting a number of deaths, but the guy they choose to kill? The drunken preacher who no one gives a sh*t about. Seriously?

I'm guessing they still have a love triangle to resolve although it's clearly going Jamie's way.  Besides, Tormund is fun.   There are just about no other characters on this show that are fun.  Maybe Tyrion is finding his way back.  Everyone else is a weepy bitch right now.

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Giant milk, durrrrrrrt.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Dagger, doofus. Dagger that was used by assassin to try and kill Bran, then given by Catelyn to Littlefinger, the Bran to Arya right in the same place she killed NK with it.

I’m not the doofus. A coworker was steadfast that it was the staff. My coworkers are dumber than JN posters and even more confident in their idiocy

• Upvote 4

So on another completely different note, but relevant here, did anyone see GRRM's savaging of Gettleman's draft?http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/

Okay, the first day of the NFL Draft is in the books.   The Jets had one pick, the Giants had three.

Gang Green took Quinnen Williams, the monster Alabama defensive tackle, with the third pick overall.  Lots of analysts had ranked him as the best player in the entire draft, so he seems a good get.   Still… if it had been me, I would have taken Josh Allen, the edge rusher.   The Jets have not had an edge rusher worth his salt since… could the last one have been Mark Gastineau?  Surely not.  Maybe John Abraham.   The thing is, they need sacks and QB pressures.   And they already had a monster defensive tackle named Williams (Leonard).   Now they have two.   I hope it works out.   The main thing is to give Tom Brady nightmares, though, and I am not sure Quinnen will do that.   Time will tell.   Overall, though, a very solid pick.

The Giants, on the other hand…

Daniel Jones from Duke at number six?   Yes, they need a young quarterback to groom as Eli’s successor.   But Dwayne Haskins was right there.   Why not him?  I don’t follow college ball, but by every measurable Haskins is way better than Jones.   Jones threw 52 TDs in three years at Duke, Haskins threw 50 in one year at Ohio State.  Within fewer interceptions.   Against much tougher opposition.   Dave Gettleman must have seen something in Jones that no one else could see.   But even if you accept that, taking him at six seems insane.   He would have been there at 17.   Why not take Josh Allen or one of the other defensive studs at 6, and Jones at 17?   Makes much more sense.   Who else was going to nab him?  The Skins?   The Skins preferred Haskins, that was common knowledge.   Everyone in the world except the G-Men preferred Haskins, so far as I can see.

And then we got to number 17, the pick the Giants got for Odell.   What did they pick there?  A huge 342 pound defensive tackle out of Clemson.  Very very strong, they say.   Not going to get a lot of sacks, but terrific against the run.   Who does that sound like?   It sounds like Snacks Harrison to me.  Who the Giants cut in mid-season because… ahem… “all he did” was stop the run, he didn’t get sacks.   After his release, Big Blue spent the rest of the season getting gashed by runs right up the gut.   Had to fix that.   So to fill the Snacks hole, we draft Young Snacks.   All it cost us was a Hall of Fame receiver.

The Giants did trade up late in the round to get a third pick, which we used on a cornerback.   Supposedly the best CB prospect in the draft.   That was good.  They need good cornerbacks in the worst way.   Maybe this kid will help.

Neither the Giants nor  the Jets have a second round pick today.

Big Blue has a couple in the third round, and more later in the draft.   I hope Gettleman can find some gems.   Because right now, the team looks a lot weaker than the one that entered the 2018 season, and that squad finished 5-11.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yep. Wife and I thought Sansa and Tyrion might off themselves. Or were thinking it.

Exactly my thought, too. Didn't Sansa have one of those dragon glass daggers? I thought maybe if you stab yourself with one of those, than the Night King can't resurrect your corpse.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Bronne's still out there with a case full of gold owed to him for offing the Lannister bros. Will be excited to see his return and how that plays out (we all know he's not going to kill either of them)

And whatever happened to that pirate friend of Davos?

38 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Do you even Cleganebowl brah?

I've thought for awhile that The Hound would be the one to fight the Mountain, but I don't see how The Hound could win that. You're not gonna beat The Mountain with brute force, unless it's a dragon.

Now, a Hound/Arya tag-team against him would be awesome.

31 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not a chance.  The Hound vs. Mountain has been teased since the first season.

Yeah, that was my thought all along, but it just struck me how similar Arya's fighting style looked like Oberyn's. And speed, agility, and deception is the only way you're going to kill The Mountain in 1 on 1.

The Hound does not walk away from that fight.

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I mean he explained why in episode 2, it's the Giant's teets milk!

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, he looked okay to me. Maybe just a bit wounded.

Well you can see two dragons flying in next week's preview (which surprised me they would let that slip) and since Viserion is definitely dusted, I think it's safe to assume the living two are both okay.

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've thought for awhile that The Hound would be the one to fight the Mountain, but I don't see how The Hound could win that. You're not gonna beat The Mountain with brute force, unless it's a dragon.

Now, a Hound/Arya tag-team against him would be awesome.

Prediction; the Hound and Mountain kill each other in a combat duel to the death.

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, that was my thought all along, but it just struck me how similar Arya's fighting style looked like Oberyn's. And speed, agility, and deception is the only way you're going to kill The Mountain in 1 on 1.

The Hound does not walk away from that fight.

Sure but Arya wasnt trained by Oberyn...she learned how to us the staff when she was blind with the Faceless men.  I see your point, it's more a stylistic thing but the Hound will kill his brother. 

I guess I could see a situation where maybe Arya gets cornered or something by the Mountain and he comes to the rescue but I really dont see how you end that confict any other way.

Also, I think there might be more in store for the Hound.  I know a few people have seen through the fire but I feel like there might be something more to that than just a quick vision.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Well you can see two dragons flying in next week's preview (which surprised me they would let that slip) and since Viserion is definitely dusted, I think it's safe to assume the living two are both okay.

One of Bran's vision from a few years ago, was a vision of the shadow of a Dragon flying over Kings Landing and if I'm not mistaken, it then immediately cut to, "burn them all"....I still got money Dany goes mad and there is something to that vision.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Oh, well, I never watch next week's previews. Never.

20 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Because it's fiction. It isn't real.

Yeah, but the point I was making is that it seems like earlier in the season he wouldn't have survived. Seems lately that they are making executive decisions to keep popular characters alive longer than they have done so in the past.

I'm not debating the reality of it, just that it seems very un-GoT-like, relative to past seasons. If these were the first two seasons, I wouldn't question it.