Don't get this Leonard Williams pick at all

Sully28

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A team will have to give up two first-round picks, two second-round picks, plus multiple players.  I'm glad your not working in the Jets' front office!

You are right. I have to admit, if I were working in the Jets front office, I would not consider asking for that.

starting to come around on the williams pick, this kid has the potential to be one of the best players in football and he's the best DT to come out since suh. not worried about the scheme I am sure they will find a way to put the best players on the field

I can say with 100% certainty that Warfish wants nothing to do with our kind.

Really?

Hmm, I always was a big fan of yours back on JI by my memory.

/shrug.

In any event, happy day happy draft, well run, needs met, I'm quite pleased now.  

I hope this thread gets bumped when Leonard Williams picks up DROTY and is named to the All-Pro team

I never said he wasn't going to be good, I just don't get how people think we significantly upgraded our team

I never said he wasn't going to be good, I just don't get how people think we significantly upgraded our team

The Jets did do a nice job upgrading the team.

But to say in May that Williams will be DROTY and an All-Pro to boot, is absolutely ridiculous.

But to say in May that Williams will be DROTY and an All-Pro to boot, is absolutely ridiculous.

Overall I think we had a really nice draft, I'm coming around on Williams and I really Like Mauldin Smith and this OG from A&M. Only issue is really with Williams+ a first next year having to be better than Wilkerson +White

Overall I think we had a really nice draft, I'm coming around on Williams and I really Like Mauldin Smith and this OG from A&M. Only issue is really with Williams+ a first next year having to be better than Wilkerson +White

I agree, with the DLine the Jets already have in place, I wouldn't be surprised that Bowles eases Williams into the rotation.

I agree. May is too long to wait.

I called that on draft night way back in April.  :)

No way Leonard beats out guys like McKinney, Perryman, Kendricks or Dawson for DROY. Those guys will pile up tackles like crazy. Plus Leonard will rotate a lot.

I wouldn't be shocked if we traded Wilk this offseason.

Guys don't entertain Tx. He thinks any retard who holds a clipboard for Brady is Steve Young 2.0. God forbid anyone say anything positive about a DT literally every scout loves.

I've known Tex for 15 years he doesn't bother me at all plus he was a big Namath fan...LOL  I gave him that Avatar he uses..

• 1 year later...

Where Mac and this team went wrong was not the LWilliams pick but signing Mo instead of Snacks. 

This D would be sick with Williams-Snacks-Richardson....instead of Richardson at 7tech or OLB and the bottleneck....not to mention how much better Lee would have looked as a rookie with Snacks in the middle. 

It was the Mo signing letting go of Snacks that sent them backwards imo. Not the draft picks of Williams...or Lee tbh.

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just so people remember there was a 14 page thread about Williams not being the right pick. .  

Our D line is worse today than it was before picking Williams, not his fault but Richardson plays OLB and snacks is gone, I never said Williams was going to be bad

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Just so people remember there was a 14 page thread about Williams not being the right pick. .  

Well, was he the right pick?  If we passed on him:

We could have traded up and gotten Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariotta who look to be franchise quarterbacks for a decade.

We could have taken Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon to get 1,000 yards and 10+ TD's each to shore up our backfield.

Football is a two-way game.  There is something called an offense.  Some of us remember this.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We could have traded up and gotten Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariotta who look to be franchise quarterbacks for a decade.

We could have taken Todd Gurley or Melvin Gordon to get 1,000 yards and 10+ TD's each to shore up our backfield.

Football is a two-way game.  There is something called an offense.  Some of us remember this.

SAR I

Some of us preach our omnipotent football knowledge through the moonroof of our 1997 BMWs

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Some of us preach our omnipotent football knowledge through the moonroof of our 1997 BMWs

Exactly.  It's those twenty-year-old-used-car blue-collar unemployed-in-mom's-basement draftnick experts that I rely on for my draft analysis.

But looking back, Williams is a great player, but was he a difference maker?  Would we not be better off with Mariotta or Gurley on this roster that is bereft of offensive talent?  Doesn't Jets history show that since the drafting of Williams we are no closer to a Top 5 defense than we were before we nabbed him?  Methinks so.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

What makes you think we had the opportunity to trade up to get Winston or Marriotta? What makes you think we didn't try? 

Kevin White and Ereck Flowers were taken after WIlliams. So was Beasley. When a player with a 90pct chance of success falls to you, you take him even if you need a player like Ereck Flowers/Beasley/White more.  I know some on this forum wanted Beasley and perhaps he ends up being a better player, but when a WIlliams/Adams falls to you, you don't pass on him for a player you "need" more that has a much lower chance of success. 

I will admit that Adams can't just be a good safety for this draft to be a success. He needs to be a pro bowler....like Williams. And I am confident he will be. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  It's those twenty-year-old-used-car blue-collar unemployed-in-mom's-basement draftnick experts that I rely on for my draft analysis.

But looking back, Williams is a great player, but was he a difference maker? [[Hard to tell on a bad team. NFL Rosters are 53 guys.  The fact that Leo is the best player on a sh*t team doesn't make him any less of a player]] Would we not be better off with Mariotta or Gurley on this roster that is bereft of offensive talent?  [[I don't think either of those guys has emerged as slam dunks]]  Doesn't Jets history show that since the drafting of Williams we are no closer to a Top 5 defense than we were before we nabbed him? [[Yes, but again, for other reasons (lack of edge rusher and terrible corners in a 3-4 scheme, incompetent HC/DC for starters]] Methinks so.

SAR I

Archived