Seth Walder: Cromartie Calls out Richard Sherman

AFJF

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/antonio-cromartie-rips-richard-sherman-blog-entry-1.2244048?cid=bitly&utm_content=buffera549a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=swalder+twitter

Antonio Cromartie is still waiting to be impressed by Richard Sherman.

Cromartie ripped the Seahawks’ corner on Tuesday, saying Sherman doesn’t face the challenges that other elite cornerbacks in the league do.

RELATED: WILLIE COLON SAYS GENO SMITH 'WAS NEVER READY' TO BE STARTER

“I would tell him ‘go play in a defense where you don’t have two all-pro safeties,’” Cromartie said on SiriusXM. “Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game, let’s see what you can do.”

“Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I’ve done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. He’s the only defensive back that hasn’t,” Cromartie added. “You want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team.”

Sherman typically stays on one side of the field, rather than following the top opposing wideout. 

“His whole thing would be ‘well we don’t have to do that. I’ve got my trust in the other corner on the other side.’ That’s not the point,” Cromartie said. “If you want to consider yourself the best, the best do what the best do. They follow around the best.”

Cromartie, who is participating in the NFL’s broadcasting bootcamp and was speaking alongside teammate Willie Colon, said Revis was the best cornerback in the league. Sherman has previously proclaimed himself the league’s top corner. 

In 2013, Sherman and Revis sparred on Twitter in a debate over who was better. 

@SethWalderNYDN

Sherman is a stud.  But Cro is right, he's not asked to do what other CB's are asked to do.  Would be cool to see him match up with Megatron all game long and see if he can shut him down like Revis does.  The truth is, we dont know if he can.

On a side note; isnt it time to just cut Colon sh*tty ass and his stupid big mouth?  Why does Bowles let him talk so ******* much?  STFU already.  Go be a broadcaster already.  He sucks anyway, nobody will miss him, at all. 

Sherman is a stud.  But Cro is right, he's not asked to do what other CB's are asked to do.  Would be cool to see him match up with Megatron all game long and see if he can shut him down like Revis does.  The truth is, we dont know if he can.

On a side note; isnt it time to just cut Colon sh*tty ass and his stupid big mouth?  Why does Bowles let him talk so ******* much?  STFU already.  Go be a broadcaster already.  He sucks anyway, nobody will miss him, at all. 

This reminds me of the kid that picks fights with other kids for his tough ass friend to fight.  LOL

Go Cro!

Richard Sherman or Darrelle Revis?

It's no contest, according to New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who said Tuesday that Sherman doesn't deserve to be mentioned with the top corners in the NFL.

Richard Sherman doesn't deserve to be called the top cornerback in the NFL, according to Antonio Cromartie. Cromartie suggested that Sherman -- a three-time All-Pro selection for the Seattle Seahawks -- is a product of his scheme and a superior supporting cast.

"Go play in a defense where you don't have two All-Pro safeties," Cromartie said in an interview with Sirius XM NFL Radio, referring to Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor. "That's what I would tell him.

"Go follow the No. 1 receiver. Follow him around for a whole entire game and let's see what you can do," Cromartie continued. "Darrelle Revis has done that his whole career. I've done that. Patrick Peterson has done it. Joe Haden has done it. [sherman] is the only defensive back that hasn't."

That Cromartie defended Revis, with whom he reunited after two years apart, came as no surprise. But, in the process, he was critical of Sherman, who typically stays on one side of the field in the Seattle defense.

"If you want to label yourself as the No. 1 corner, the best corner in the NFL, follow the best guy on every single team," Cromartie said.

Save for one season in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' zone-based scheme, Revis has covered the No. 1 receiver for most of his career with the Jets and New England Patriots.

"His [response] will be, 'We don't have to do that, I have my trust in the other corner on the other side,'" Cromartie said of Sherman. "That's not the point. If you're going to consider yourself the best, do what the best do. They follow around the best."

Revis, who signed a five-year, $70 million contract to return to the Jets, was an All-Pro selection last season.

It's a radio show interview, these guys are asked point blank about who the best player at X position is and then if not player A, tell everyone why.  For the record, he's spot on about Sherman.

I don't even understand the point of the format anymore. The radio shows now serve as a platform for tweeting what a player said, and then that tweet gets misinterpreted and retweeted in another way and then people have an online debate about the context and then the beat reporters sum up the whole stupid plot a couple days later. I think at this point I miss when the Internet really was just cat videos.

I don't even understand the point of the format anymore. The radio shows now serve as a platform for tweeting what a player said, and then that tweet gets misinterpreted and retweeted in another way and then people have an online debate about the context and then the beat reporters sum up the whole stupid plot a couple days later. I think at this point I miss when the Internet really was just cat videos.

I see it a lot more on "news" and sports radio shows, you're right, the format has just devolved to a bunch of twitter trolls looking for click-bait.  The only radio shows that I like are music ones; I'm not sure what it is, but most of the music journalists don't tend to go for click bait, they seem to truly enjoy whoever the guest is and just sit back and listen to the music. I was listening to a show on guitarworld the other day with Derek Trucks on the passing of BB King and it couldn't have been any different from a sports show. Everyone was civil and just chatted like they were friends, not this bullsh*t you see here. 

Rick Rolling was the downfall of internet civilization

The Pac-JiF coalition is truly disgusting.  Next thing we know, Pac will be saying stuff like "Jealousy is a wasted emotion, hombre."  So gross.

He doesn't know much but when it comes to Geno starting, Rex being a good coach, and the Ilk being a built on a foundation of lies and hypocrisy, he's right.

Would kill to have Sherman, but he is 100 percent correct. 

When Nnamdi Asomugha left the Faders and his one sided CB play after proclaiming himself the best in the league, his play fell sharply. So sharply, that from a three straight All-Pro years while at the peak of his career, he was released within 2 years at a relatively young age of 30. As a comparison, Revis will be 30 next month and there are no signs he has slowed down...yet.

Just saying. I agree with Cro's point but I also see Sherman NOT becoming the next Nnamdi if he was to follow every team's #1.

When Nnamdi Asomugha left the Faders and his one sided CB play after proclaiming himself the best in the league, his play fell sharply. So sharply, that from a three straight All-Pro years while at the peak of his career, he was released within 2 years at a relatively young age of 30. As a comparison, Revis will be 30 next month and there are no signs he has slowed down...yet.

Just saying. I agree with Cro's point but I also see Sherman NOT becoming the next Nnamdi if he was to follow every team's #1.

Aso jumped the shark in Philly because he had lost a couple steps

• 2 weeks later...

Archived