Geno's mini-camp yesterday proves one thing...

FSU_Jet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well then I guess it's time to fire Bowles and Gailey? By your logic, you don't trust them because they are giving Geno a chance. Something you think is a terrible idea with zero hope of success. Clearly you think they are incompetent when it comes to talent evaluation. And since Mac didn't cut Geno he should probably be canned as well. Maybe it's time for some "FIRE MAC" billboards. 

No.  As I've said before, Bowles and Gailey will need to earn my trust, and that of the rest of us.  My point was that no fan should just lie prostrate in deference to everything the coaches say or do.  Again, how did the "trust in Rex/Tanny/Sparano/Shoddy/Mornhigweg/Idzik" go?   Right.

Believe what you want.  That's your prerogative.  But if Bowles, Gailey and Maccagnan what to get ridden out of town on a rail, then they had better pull the plug on Geno.  And fast.

Chad Pennington.

Discuss.

Chad Pennington was better than Tom Brady.  He had all the mental qualities that you could have asked for.  He was a leader of men.  He had a first round arm, unlike Tom Brady's sixth round arm. If only he hadn't been squandered by the inept Herm Edwards and was destined for the Hall of Fame if he had not tried to throw a football 97 yards in an ill advised contest with Vincent Testicles.

No.  As I've said before, Bowles and Gailey will need to earn my trust, and that of the rest of us.  My point was that no fan should just lie prostrate in deference to everything the coaches say or do.  Again, how did the "trust in Rex/Tanny/Sparano/Shoddy/Mornhigweg/Idzik" go?   Right.

Believe what you want.  That's your prerogative.  But if Bowles, Gailey and Maccagnan what to get ridden out of town on a rail, then they had better pull the plug on Geno.  And fast.

Quit whining, bend over and take it!

So mini-camp and OTA practices that none of us have been able to see and are only relying on biased and agenda driven media tweets is enough to convince us Geno is not the answer while he is learning a brand new offense, has been working in it for only a month, and has the luxury of facing probably the best defense in the league?

And we should rush out Petty is the answer?

:face:

I love reading this board.... 

I don't think people are taking into account how often immediately playing a guy who needs 2 years of development competely destroys both his confidence and his career.

Great post.  I don't know what it is going to take for folks to get this. 

In the immortal words of the great Allen Iverson ... "Let me get this straight, we sittin' here talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?!?!?!?" 

Some things were so much better in the 70's when there was less information available on meaningless stuff.

And BTW, I can't stand Geno.

But really? We sittin' here talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?!?!? In June, no less?!?!?

Holy Mother of God.

In the immortal words of the great Allen Iverson ... "Let me get this straight, we sittin' here talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?!?!?!?" 

Some things were so much better in the 70's when there was less information available on meaningless stuff.

And BTW, I can't stand Geno.

But really? We sittin' here talkin' 'bout PRACTICE?!?!? In June, no less?!?!?

Holy Mother of God.

I'm with you.... 

Aiight I give credit, no problems with that. Let's see Geno sustain this over the course of camp. He needs to be consistent if he's going to remain in this league as an NFL starter. So far, he's shown that he's consistently inconsistent. Consistency is the key.

Aiight I give credit, no problems with that. Let's see Geno sustain this over the course of camp. He needs to be consistent if he's going to remain in this league as an NFL starter. So far, he's shown that he's consistently inconsistent. Consistency is the key.

It's ******* practice. You are supposed to try new things to see what works.  If you don't push your limits in practice you will never stick your head out of your turtle shell.

Mods, please rename thread to "Geno Haters CircleJerk" and move to hampur. Waste of server space.

1.  There is no hamper here.  We don't have it, we spell it correctly and most of us left that place long, long ago with $55 in our pockets!

2.  The majority of the posts in here have been of the "it's too early to tell variety."  Plenty of jerking, but it's not in a circle.

3. Wasting server space is quite literally the purpose of this place. I think Max just got new ones for us to fill.

1.  There is no hamper here.  We don't have it, we spell it correctly and most of us left that place long, long ago with $55 in our pockets!

2.  The majority of the posts in here have been of the "it's too early to tell variety."  Plenty of jerking, but it's not in a circle.

3. Wasting server space is quite literally the purpose of this place. I think Max just got new ones for us to fill.

Agreed. If anything, the gathering of Geno haters was more semi-trapizoidal.

Look, Geno's been hearing it every day of his NFL career.  Don't turn the ball over.  For someone in his position, three in one session is simply laughable.  He doesn't deserve sh!t.  I'd put Fitz, game leg and all, in for first team reps immediately and let Geno try to fight his way back off the 2nd team.  

That Geno is NOT the answer at QB!!! Three interceptions and TWO IN THE RED ZONE!!!

When will the Geno lovers finally get it, he's not the guy to lead the Jets this year! Start Petty or Fitz NOW!

People like you are annoying. He may or may not work out. One practice isn't going to be what makes or breaks him. I can't stand knee-jerk reactionaries such as yourself. 

Archived