Jets officially sign Matt Flynn.

Villain The Foe

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I made my last post before I read this so I see I was 100% correct.  You are pissed off that we have bad Qb's and the jets are not trading at this point for Qb's that are A) unavailable and probably B) out of our price range.

The Jets when they signed Fitzpatrick essentially decide they were going with him and geno this year, they drafted a development guy.  We have no idea if they tried to trade up for other Qb's or actually tried to trade for a QB but the odds of getting your guy via trade are historically only mediocre.

If there was a legit option to get a guy like Glennon and a reasonable cost and this was know you would have all the ammo you need to beef about it but we have no info on that.  We know we have a suspect vet, an injured suspect in geno and a long shot prospect in petty.  Because you can't solve the problem you have now does not mean you ignore the short term proper moves, that being getting another QB into camp.

They traded for Fizpatrick...

Villian none of us are happy only the Geno haters seem to be happy in return they got Fitzpatrick I think Bowles and Macc aren't happy with Fitzpatrick thats why they got Flynn any real Jets fan cannot be happy with the overall situation here at QB

Thank you Joe. 

Thats all im saying. Im not going to congratulate or say that it was a brillant move that we got Flynn. I dont believe in him. Im not happy that Fitzpatrick is on this team backing up a guy that I wanted to have replaced this offseason. And its sad because I would prefer the guy that I wanted to replace this offseason (Geno) over Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Im not liking what im seeing here and im getting tired of being pissed in December because I forced myself to believe in something that in my heart of hearts I knew was total bullsh*t before week 1.

they want Petty to play most of preseason, Flynn is just an emergency guy.

apparently Bowels wants the starters to play the first half of Fridays game, Flynn is not an emergency guy for the preseason...he might not even be healthy enough to play during it.

Thank you Joe. 

Thats all im saying. Im not going to congratulate or say that it was a brillant move that we got Flynn. I dont believe in him. Im not happy that Fitzpatrick is on this team backing up a guy that I wanted to have replaced this offseason. And its sad because I would prefer the guy that I wanted to replace this offseason (Geno) over Ryan Fitzpatrick. 

Im not liking what im seeing here and im getting tired of being pissed in December because I forced myself to believe in something that in my heart of hearts I knew was total bullsh*t before week 1.

6-10.  Just get good with it and the season will be much easier on your constitution. 

Trade for a true quality QB of the ilk that villian wants.

Gotcha.

apparently Bowels wants the starters to play the first half of Fridays game, Flynn is not an emergency guy for the preseason...he might not even be healthy enough to play during it.

I was talking an emergency guy for the reg season.  if he's not healthy to play he will get cut pretty quickly, he's expected to be healthy for the reg season and they want a vet behind Fitz.

Then you get what you deserve. Scared money never made any money. We dont draft well, dont coach well and dont take chances because its out of our price range of picks we dont even use well when we have them. 

Enjoy the season. 

Lets play Gm shall we?  You be MacGagnan and I'll be the Bucs gm.

You want Glennon?  Well we need depth and a backup QB so we are not open to trading him right now.  Wait you really want him?  Okay two first round picks is the price.  You up for it?

Phillip rivers you say?  Make it 3 first rounders he he needs to be the highest paid player in the league.  you up for it?

Getting good QB's is hard, it's always hard.    Teams like Oakland thought they had their guy with Flynn,   Houston thought they had their guy with Schaub. 

In the vast majority of cases you can get your great QB via the draft because you have sucked bad enough or just get pure lucky (Brady, Warner).

Guys have to be available, you have to be in the right spot at the right time.  There was no Drew Brees kicking around this off season.

6-10.  Just get good with it and the season will be much easier on your constitution. 

Gotcha.

Man, Im at the point where im just hoping Jameis Winston steals some more crab legs and ends up getting benched so I can watch my fav QB go to work.  :winking0001:

The hell with this Jets nonsense right now. 

Thank you Joe. 

Well no that is not all you have been saying in this whole thread.  I would say that 99% of the people saying getting Flynn was a good move hate our Qb situation.  This is not an either or thing.  Our Qb situation stinks so there is no need to make it potentially worse buy doing nothing when you need a #4 guy for camp and ex games.

Lets play Gm shall we?  You be MacGagnan and I'll be the Bucs gm.

You want Glennon?  Well we need depth and a backup QB so we are not open to trading him right now.  Wait you really want him?  Okay two first round picks is the price.  You up for it?

Phillip rivers you say?  Make it 3 first rounders he he needs to be the highest paid player in the league.  you up for it?

Getting good QB's is hard, it's always hard.    Teams like Oakland thought they had their guy with Flynn,   Houston thought they had their guy with Schaub. 

In the vast majority of cases you can get your great QB via the draft because you have sucked bad enough or just get pure lucky (Brady, Warner).

Guys have to be available, you have to be in the right spot at the right time.  There was no Drew Brees kicking around this off season.

Lets play. 

Oh, so you want two 1st rounders for Glennon? Okay. Let me fist go visit Tennessee and St. Louis and see what the going rate is for Mettenberger and Davis. I think I can get a better deal with them. But hey, here's my business card. Yes, I know my business card doesnt have a Jets logo but a Starbucks Logo, but im big Macc baby. I gets it in with my frappuccino! And when you decide to turn that two 1st rounder answer into a 3rd rounder, possibly a 2nd rounder if you're nice then pick up that card and call me. 

But please, if im in St. Louie just email me. I wouldnt want to be interrupted with a phone call while eating on some great BBQ. 

of course he's better than Petty and Heaps, but that doesnt make it a Brilliant move. EJ Manuel at this point is probably better than Petty and Heaps.

You dont give a team that you just built to "win now" to Ryan Fitzpatrick and Matt Flynn. sh*t, you dont give a team like to Geno but atleast Geno has the excuse of being a 3 year QB around a bunch of moron coaches and zero talent at the skillet positions on offense.

So you would have gotten Andrew luck or aaron rodgers this off season?

Sanchez and Fitz isn't comparable; Fitz and Pennington are. Both crafty road scholars with weak arms.  I only hope that Fitz plays as good as Chad did for us, during his good days. Chad was pretty good when he had weapons, and Fitz has them.  At least when guys like that are under center, you will see a guy with confidence who can draw the defense off sides, knows when to call time out and manage a clock, etc. That's already an improvement to what we've had the last few years. 

Sanchez and Fitz isn't comparable; Fitz and Pennington are. Both crafty road scholars with weak arms.  I only hope that Fitz plays as good as Chad did for us, during his good days. Chad was pretty good when he had weapons, and Fitz has them.  At least when guys like that are under center, you will see a guy with confidence who can draw the defense off sides, knows when to call time out and manage a clock, etc. That's already an improvement to what we've had the last few years. 

you aren't seriously comparing Fitz to Chad Pennington, are you?

Lets play. 

Oh, so you want two 1st rounders for Glennon? Okay. Let me fist go visit Tennessee and St. Louis and see what the going rate is for Mettenberger and Davis. I think I can get a better deal with them. But hey, here's my business card. Yes, I know my business card doesnt have a Jets logo but a Starbucks Logo, but im big Macc baby. I gets it in with my frappuccino! And when you decide to turn that two 1st rounder answer into a 3rd rounder, possibly a 2nd rounder if you're nice then pick up that card and call me. 

But please, if im in St. Louie just email me. I wouldnt want to be interrupted with a phone call while eating on some great BBQ. 

And why would they decide this again? Because Macca decides to shop around? How does that change Tampa's situation? If, and a big IF, Winston looks like the future for them in 2015, maybe you can get Glennon next off season. But it's not happening now.

the convo officially went to stupidville. 

Im good. 

You complain about the Jets have Geno and Fitz yet you fail to tell us who the Jets QB situation would look if you had taken over the team this year like Mac did. It's always easy to whine about teams weaknesses, it's  a lot harder to articulate an alternative solution. I'm upset that we don't have elite QBs/Safeties/RG/LG/TE but then again I also understand how difficult it is to build an NFL roster, especially when dealing with a salary cap. 

Thank you Joe. 

Villain, I think the possibility that the Jets called Tampa about Glennon is close to 100%. However I think from what they said this year they are still committed to Geno, and want to develop Petty and possibly Heaps as much as possible, so I do not think they were going to be in the ballpark for what Tampa would have wanted.

Lets play.

Oh, so you want two 1st rounders for Glennon? Okay. Let me fist go visit Tennessee and St. Louis and see what the going rate is for Mettenberger and Davis. I think I can get a better deal with them. But hey, here's my business card. Yes, I know my business card doesnt have a Jets logo but a Starbucks Logo, but im big Macc baby. I gets it in with my frappuccino! And when you decide to turn that two 1st rounder answer into a 3rd rounder, possibly a 2nd rounder if you're nice then pick up that card and call me.

If Maccagnan actually talks like this we are ****ed.

Well no that is not all you have been saying in this whole thread.  I would say that 99% of the people saying getting Flynn was a good move hate our Qb situation.  This is not an either or thing.  Our Qb situation stinks so there is no need to make it potentially worse buy doing nothing when you need a #4 guy for camp and ex games.

Exactly. Why wouldn't we bring in Flynn, why wait, what's the advantage to waiting vs the risk of doing nothing?

Lets play Gm shall we? You be MacGagnan and I'll be the Bucs gm.

You want Glennon? Well we need depth and a backup QB so we are not open to trading him right now. Wait you really want him? Okay two first round picks is the price. You up for it?

Phillip rivers you say? Make it 3 first rounders he he needs to be the highest paid player in the league. you up for it?

Getting good QB's is hard, it's always hard. Teams like Oakland thought they had their guy with Flynn, Houston thought they had their guy with Schaub.

Guys have to be available, you have to be in the right spot at the right time. There was no Drew Brees kicking around this off season.

You want to trade a 3rd or a 2nd for a guy taken in the 3rd who failed to take hold of the starting job in Tampa when it was handed to him and is a FA next year?

Sorry, I'd rather have Mettenberger for less. Actually I'd take Mettenberger over Glennon all day

And why would they decide this again? Because Macca decides to shop around? How does that change Tampa's situation? If, and a big IF, Winston looks like the future for them in 2015, maybe you can get Glennon next off season. But it's not happening now.

It doesnt have to change their situation. Im not the Bucs GM, im Macc...remember? 

I have the ability to negotiate elsewhere. The purpose is to get a viable QB, it doesnt have to be Glennon for 2 1st round picks. I can pretty much bet that the Jets could get Austin Davis for much less than that....even Mettenberger. 

Furthermore, given that Glennon is in his final contract year I can simply wait and pick up up via FA. Why give 2 1st rounders away when there are multiple possible options NOT called Matt Flynn or giving up 2 first rounders? 

Villain, I think the possibility that the Jets called Tampa about Glennon is close to 100%. However I think from what they said this year they are still committed to Geno, and want to develop Petty and possibly Heaps as much as possible, so I do not think they were going to be in the ballpark for what Tampa would have wanted.

You're probably right. I just dont like our QB situation. I didnt even like it prior to Geno being hurt but atleast I felt like this will be his first time having a supporting case and a competent OC. This Fitzpatrick Matt Flynn situation equates to vomit though. 

Archived