Ex-ref was once 'suspicious' of Pats' Jim McNally, reported him to NFL [and NFL did nothing]

ha ha some jet fans are such sheep.

"ex-ref"

"unnamed" source

"my cousin sister's vinny" said blah blah...and you guys are all on it..ha ha these articles aren't doing much, especially when the NFL starts shooting them down...ha ha

play_a_patriots_mb_576.jpg

Cheater's trolls should exit right along with them.  

• Upvote 1

Sooner or later all the facts and truth will be revealed. It's inevitable, somebody somewhere along the line is going to spill the beans

An the New England Patriots, will become the Black Socks of NFL, forever to be known to history as nothing but an Organization that cheated and lied their way to championships

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

McNally playing catch with Brady...Brady never even met the man.

just amazing how all the Pats fans simply ignore the FACT that Brady lied about his "not" knowing McNally or Jastremski.

Lied through his teeth, he did.  And there is no doubt or question about that.  It's a proven fact that he knew him.  And now he even played catch with him (with his illicit deflated balls, no less). And yet stupid Patriot fans believe anything that comes out of his lying mouth. 

Tells you all you need to know about Tom Brady's character.  He is nothing more than a liar and a cheat.  A faggoty piece of sh*t.

• Upvote 2

McNally playing catch with Brady...Brady never even met the man.

Did Brady say that?  I thought he testified that he knew him by sight but not by the name McNally (he apparently knew him as "Bird").

Brady played catch every day last season with a guy known as Jojo.  If Jojo didn't happen to be a celebrity with his name on the back of his jersey, Brady may have been able to  truthfully (to his knowledge) answer  "no" to the question, "Do you know Brandon LaFell?"

I honestly don't know what the actual Q&A was that gave rise to the report that Brady said he didn't know McNally.  I do know that he explained under oath to rehabilitative questions from Kessler that he knew him by sight.  

The ineptitude of the NFL really pisses me off here.  If they had this kind of information that could have constructed a better sting operation to have exact measurements of all balls before handing them over to the cheaters and confiscating the whole lot of them 25 minutes later after the tampering has presumably taken place.  Or even simply re-measure them.

The way they executed during the actual AFCCG gave the cheaters all kinds of room to question the measurements and throw up smokescreens about ideal gas laws and what have you.

Instead the Patriots have been cheating since 2006 and seem to have gotten away with it yet again.

Astonishing

Sooner or later people will finally come to the realization that this was far from ineptitude, but rather precision on behalf of the NFL in order to push the "Patriots" to the forefront. 

I just dont understand how people cant see that. 

• Upvote 1

Could not agree more... when everyone sits around on the couch on New Year's Eve and laments the holiday weight gain that year... we typically all tell one another that we seriously need to deflate.  After all the Thanksgiving and Christmas inflating, a serious post New Year's deflating is definitely in order.

The fact that someone in their camp actually put that out there is all the proof anyone needs that this latest example of conspiring, systematic cheating did in fact occur.

I know, right? Whenever I talk about deflating my girlfriend, people--for some bizarre reason--just falsely assume she's a blow-up doll. It's insulting.

She's not. She's human. She's just fat.

• Upvote 1

Plenty of other people have comments. For starters, Baltz claims he worked “10 or 15 games” in Foxboro from 1989 through 2013. And multiple readers have pointed out that, via Pro Football Reference, Baltz worked only five games at New England during the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady era, with only four coming when Brady was playing. (One of Baltz’s games at Gillette Stadium occurred in 2008, when Brady had a torn ACL and Matt Cassel played quarterback.)

Yes, it's all a big conspiracy. Baltz, the Colts, the Ravens, Eric Mangini, ex-Rams players, Roger Goodell (friend of the owner) are all involved in this conspiracy to take down the hated Patriots. Who did i miss in this list? Because the conspiracy goes even further than that!

Yes, it's all a big conspiracy. Baltz, the Colts, the Ravens, Eric Mangini, ex-Rams players, Roger Goodell (friend of the owner) are all involved in this conspiracy to take down the hated Patriots. Who did i miss in this list? Because the conspiracy goes even further than that!

Conspiracy, no.  Confirmation bias, yes. 

Conspiracy, no.  Confirmation bias, yes. 

they have earned it, lol.  

the NFL has imposed the largest penalty in league history agaisnt the pats* for cheating 2 times !!!

they have also earned the dubious distinction of having been disciplined by the league for chicanery more than any other franchise.  this includes an injury report shenanigans draft pick loss from the 80's I believe.  how many rules were put in place in response to pats* bullsh*t this off season ?  3 ?

(underlined for comedic emphasis referring to above baltz comments)

Edited by Larz

they have earned it, lol.  

the NFL has imposed the largest penalty in league history agaisnt the pats* for cheating 2 times !!!

they have also earned the dubious distinction of having been disciplined by the league for chicanery more than any other franchise.  this includes an injury report shenanigans draft pick loss from the 80's I believe.  how many rules were put in place in response to pats* bullsh*t this off season ?  3 ?

(underlined for comedic emphasis referring to above baltz comments)

Oh, they've definitely earned it.  (That 80's reference is some expert-level Patriots knowledge, btw).   

It's like a sewing circle over here (but don't get me wrong, still light years better than the cesspool that is pats fans websites). 

Here's the rebuttal article.  Bias disclaimers:  Daopoulos is a Masshole; Baltz's son is a former Colts employee.  I'm guessing the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/17/nfl-has-no-comment-on-mark-baltzs-claims/

NFL has no comment on Mark Baltz’s claims

BaltzGetty Images

Just when it appeared the dust was settling (pending the resolution of the Tom Brady appeal) on #DeflateGate, former NFL official (and Alton Benes doppelgänger) Mark Baltz kicked up a storm of something other than rain when Baltz when on the record with strong suspicions and claims regarding now-reinstated Patriots employee Jim McNally.

So did Baltz make a complaint about McNally six or eight years ago? If so, did the NFL investigate? If so, what happened? The NFL isn’t saying.

The league has no comment on the situation, of any kind.

Plenty of other people have comments. For starters, Baltz claims he worked “10 or 15 games” in Foxboro from 1989 through 2013. And multiple readers have pointed out that, via Pro Football Reference, Baltz worked only five games at New England during the Bill Belichick/Tom Brady era, with only four coming when Brady was playing. (One of Baltz’s games at Gillette Stadium occurred in 2008, when Brady had a torn ACL and Matt Cassel played quarterback.)

So which game prompted Baltz to complain about McNally? The 52-7 win over Washington in 2007? The 2008 game against the Cardinals, when Brady wasn’t playing? The 2009 game against the Ravens? It’s not as if Baltz worked so many games there that he wouldn’t remember which one caused him to report McNally to the league office.

Meanwhile, former NFL official and supervisor of officials Jim Daopoulos has questioned Baltz’s “agenda,” while also calling McNally “one of the really good guys who worked in the locker rooms in . . . the league.”

Daopoulos said he never received any complaints about Baltz while working in the league office.

“There [were] questions [from Baltz] about [McNally] playing catch on the sideline with Tom Brady,” Daopoulos said, via Tom Curran of CSN New England. “Was that against the rules? No. . . . [McNally] had a sideline pass. He could go anywhere on the field.”

While Baltz’s name seemed at first like a new entry into the lengthy #DeflateGate cast of characters, he actually made an appearance in February, via an ESPN Outside The Lines feature that went nowhere. And since the Ted Wells report dredged up an incident regarding McNally’s involvement in a practice ball making its way into a game in 2004, it’s reasonable to assume that if Baltz or anyone else had any relevant information about irregularities involving McNally, it would have made its way into the 243-page dissection of the case.

It didn’t, and now it’s odd to say the least that Baltz is unloading with both barrels at this very late stage of the life cycle of #DeflateGate.

didn't Brady claim to not even know mcnally?

if he did then either he is a real douche or a liar.....both I think

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/columnists/ron_borges/2015/09/borges_how_bill_belichick_became_a_villain_to_the_nfl

Borges: How Bill Belichick became a villain to the NFL

In New England, Bill Belichick ranks only slightly below the baby Jesus. He is seen in these parts as the savior of a nation of once-downtrodden football fanatics and their often moribund franchise.

Poll folks outside New England, however, and The Hooded One ranks with Darth Sidious, the dark lord of the Sith. He is viewed as an evil genius, ruler of the dark side. An SI.com poll taken in July named him the NFL’s most hated coach, citing the widely perceived notion that he is a chronic cheater, the Richard Nixon of pro football.

Either way, Belichick ranks fifth all-time in wins (211), is tied with Chuck Noll in Super Bowl victories (four) and with Don Shula in Super Bowl appearances (six). His .729 winning percentage since coming to New England in 2000 is one of the highest in history, as are his 12 division titles. His Hall of Fame bust has been cast. So what’s to hate?

Outside of New England, everything. While his coaching success nearly is unrivaled, it has been marred by Spygate, opposing team headphones oddly going out midgame at Gillette Stadium, a second wireless line to the sidelines mysteriously being discovered, manipulation of the weekly injury report until it became meaningless, relentless searching for loopholes in the rulebook, and most recently, Deflategate. The result has been a growing perception nationally that Denmark isn’t the only place where something is rotten.

Shula, the Hall of Fame leader of the Baltimore Colts and Miami Dolphins whose 328 victories are an NFL record, is one of the most revered names in coaching. So it didn’t go unnoticed when, on his 85th birthday, his response to a question about Belichick from columnist Dave Hyde of the Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel elicited a correction.

“You mean Beli-cheat?” Shula snapped.

Had he left it at that, perhaps the perception would have faded, but a few months later, while speaking at a news conference in Miami announcing the Dolphins’ plans for their 50th-anniversary season, Shula took another shot.

“Always done with a lot of class. A lot of dignity,” Shula said of the Dolphins. “Always done the right way. We didn’t deflate any balls.”

This was not some wiseguy sportswriter or blowhard radio talk show host. This was one of the greatest coaches in NFL history twice calling the greatest coach of this era a cheat. Somewhere Darth Maul snickered.

Rival players have cast aspersions at Belichick for years, many claiming until Malcolm Butler changed the narrative that he hadn’t won a Super Bowl since Spygate. While true, he’d gotten to two. Shouldn’t that have counted for something?

Not to his critics.

This spring, it came out that Peyton Manning refused to discuss strategy in the visitors locker room at Gillette because he feared the place was bugged. And when the Jacksonville Jaguars arrived for a playoff game in January 2005, former Pats assistant coach Paul Boudreau, then the Jags offensive line coach, walked into that locker room flashing half a peace sign toward the ceiling, implying there was an eye in the sky. It was followed by an expletive and Belichick’s name.

Belichick’s villainy, in the eyes of the larger world, goes beyond allegations of gamesmanship, brinksmanship and outright cheating. It’s that while his friends insist he’s as engaging as Joe Biden, in public he comes across like Hillary Clinton.

Take, for example, how he handled a 2014 question about weather possibly being a factor in a late fall game.

“I’d say based on the forecasts we’ve gotten so far this year, none of them have been even very close to what game conditions were,” Belichick said. “There was 100 percent chance of rain last week, and the only water I saw was on the Gatorade table. . . . If I did my job the way they do theirs, I’d be here about a week. . . . Look, I’m not saying I could do it better than them, I’m just saying they’re wrong a lot. That’s a fact.”

In a matter of days, The Weather Channel’s Mike Bettes denounced Belichick’s charges on air. Bettes rattled off a string of facts, pointing out his weather team averaged only a 1.4-degree margin of error on its predictions. The man can’t even answer a question about the weather without offending somebody.

It is popular in this area to say the perception of Belichick as someone always lurking on the edge of the rules simply is a reaction to his success. They hate him because he’s beautiful, as the ad said.

Yet if it was that simple, why didn’t they hate John Madden, who won 75 percent of his games? Why didn’t they hate Noll or Bill Walsh or Shula?

That’s a question that baffles Malcom Moran, the director of the National Sports Journalism Center at Indiana University. Before opting for a life in academia, Moran was a sportswriter covering the Giants for the New York Times, where he got to know a bright, 28-year-old special teams coach with a winning personality.

Belichick used to sit in the press room in the bowels of Giants Stadium on Fridays or Saturdays telling stories and explaining what the rebuilding Giants were trying to do. Moran wrote about this in a revealing piece for the Seattle Times entitled: “What happened to the bright young coach I knew?”

“Belichick was smart, and engaging, and funny, with a Wesleyan education, an unusual range of interests for a coach and a willingness to describe his craft,” Moran wrote. “He would offer insight to beat reporters trying to understand the reasons to explain a dreary season and the search for better days.”

Belichick remembered a play from his Navy childhood, when Wayne Hardin was the head coach, in which a player would linger near the sideline with his teammates in punt formation and suddenly become a receiver.

Moran quotes Belichick as saying: “I thought, ‘That’s a great idea.’ Then I finally got a chance to do it . . . then a letter from the National Football League arrived, with a simple message: Stop.’

Moran said the coach smiled when he told that story, too.

“The industry was far more approachable,” Moran wrote. “The scrutiny was far less intense. The season would end and the teams would just go away for weeks.

“Now the season never really ends and the financial stakes have never been greater and I can’t help but wonder: What happened to Bill Belichick?”

Reached in his office in Indianapolis last week, Moran ruminated on the boy coach he once knew and the aging version he struggles to recognize today.

According to Moran and others who covered the Giants then, Belichick often was a source of insider information. Not of the negative kind, but as Moran said, “providing insight. He had a willingness to take the time to give you insight that was helpful to understanding the things that were going on. The Giants weren’t good then. There were no tough questions. We all understood the situation. It was all upside for him.

“He seemed to be an absolutely decent guy who was fun to deal with. If you asked me to explain all the negative stuff he’s become since, I’d say I didn’t see that happening with Bill. If you told me then he’d get the biggest fine in history and be called a cheater by Don Shula, well, I would have said that will never happen.”

But it has, after suffering through a dark period as the Browns head coach from 1991-95 that seemed to end so badly it appeared he might never get a second chance. But he did and became the first coach to dominate the salary-cap era.

Yet no coach has so often had his character questioned by his peers. Forget sportswriters and sportscasters. Part of that springs not simply from his actions but from the defiant way he handles them.

Only last year he tried to imply he’d done nothing wrong taping the Jets’ hand signals because it was done “in front of 80,000 people.” That, of course, is why he got caught, but more importantly it ignored the simplest fact. The NFL asked him to stop doing it.

The NFL rule he violated states: “No video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game.”

After he and the team were fined and lost a first-round pick, Belichick issued a statement that read in part: “My interpretation of a rule in the Constitution and Bylaws was incorrect.”

How does someone with a Wesleyan education incorrectly interpret “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use?”

Eight years later, in the wake of Deflategate, Belichick seemed to dismiss Spygate once again, shocking a room full of reporters by saying, “A guy is giving signals in front of 80,000 people, OK? So we filmed them making signals in front of 80,000 people — like there were a lot of other teams doing at that time, too. Forget about that. If we were wrong, we’ve been disciplined for that.”

“If” we were wrong?

Sadly, all these shadowy accusations have turned one of the best coaches in NFL history into Darth Sidious with a whistle. In fact, several years ago, Drew Karpyshyn, who wrote the Star Wars novels, named Belichick the NFL coach most likely to become a Sith. Then again, he also said he wished he was coaching the Chargers, his favorite team.

Only a few months ago, former Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon accused Belichick of lying to him when he was briefly a backup quarterback in Cleveland in the 1995 preseason, insisting it showed he is untrustworthy.

“He lied to me right to my face, so I never trusted him after that,” McMahon said. “So all this stuff that happened, I’m sure he was right in the middle of it. I know he’s a liar, so cheating ain’t far behind.”