Jets vs. Eagles Ticket Prices

Cornfed

Yes which is why I said you weren't a 1%'er.

Which is why I am.

Not everyone who can afford a Ferrari and Coaches Club seats decides to live that way.  I have four kids to educate and have my eyes on an early retirement and lots of travel, those are the priorities right now.

SAR I

Which is why I am.

Not everyone who can afford a Ferrari and Coaches Club seats decides to live that way.  I have four kids to educate and have my eyes on an early retirement and lots of travel, those are the priorities right now.

SAR I

Okay, lol. Have fun with your 8 million dollar plus estate. Insert winkey smiley here!

Yes. I got $50 over face for my seats within 24 hours of putting 'em up yesterday. 

SAR I

Your tickets sold for $176.58 which is what the "buyer sees" or "pays." (I can look it up under completed sales on Stubhub).   Means you listed them for $149 each which after the 10% fee you pay to Stubhub you walked away with $134.10 per seat.  The face value on Sundays game is I believe $143 a ticket (our wonderful dynamic ticket pricing) so you took a loss of $8.90 per seat. 

I am all for people having seats that they love and enjoy so I am not insulting you for buying PSLs but quit the lying, you did NOT walk home with $50 over face you took a loss on your seats for Sunday.  You may love them and that's great but be honest with us you took a small loss.

Your tickets sold for $176.58 which is what the "buyer sees" or "pays." (I can look it up under completed sales on Stubhub).   Means you listed them for $149 each which after the 10% fee you pay to Stubhub you walked away with $134.10 per seat.  The face value on Sundays game is I believe $143 a ticket (our wonderful dynamic ticket pricing) so you took a loss of $8.90 per seat. 

I am all for people having seats that they love and enjoy so I am not insulting you for buying PSLs but quit the lying, you did NOT walk home with $50 over face you took a loss on your seats for Sunday.  You may love them and that's great but be honest with us you took a small loss.

Good job inspector. But how do you know where this shmuck sits? 

Okay, lol. Have fun with your 8 million dollar plus estate. Insert winkey smiley here!

Wow when the CEO/President of a multibillion dollar corporation called JetNation calls out SAR I it is very very impressive. He has no idea about you being a Billionaire/Philanthropist/Internationalplayboy

i wish Rutgers would post one of his oh snap links lol.

jetsickts_zpsuo2qubbp.jpg

In 1982 a Mezz ticket to a Jets game cost $13.

In 2009 that same Mezz ticket to a Jets game cost $115.

That's a 785% increase.

In 2015 that same Mezz ticket with a PSL cost $133.

That's a 16% increase.

No one is complaining about paying 16% more for a brand new stadium except the ignorant. I'd love to know where you were on this issue in 2005 or 2007 or 2009. Were you b:tching about the 785% increase back then?  Because back in the day, this was a real issue.  This PSL stuff is made up.  It's nonsense.

SAR I

Yeah, adopting a persona and then crafting a dumb narrative that's designed to troll a thread and get under someone's skin sure does seem like a giant waste of time, doesn't it?

Stop.

The discussion centers around what others are willing to pay for seats.  My $125 seats were worth $175 to a buyer.  The fees that I paid are immaterial.  My Week 3 seats sold for $50 over face to a buyer, very different than what happened Week 1.  That is true.

Big picture, PSL's are a rich man's domain.  Attending live NFL games that are free on TV is about as frivolous as one can get with one's money.  I have never said I am gaming the system and am profiting here.  There were games where Geno Smith faced the Bills in the rain where I couldn't get rid of my seats for $50 let alone $150.

You don't need to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.  I don't call out dog owners who spend $3,000 a year on Fido, I don't call out pack-a-day smokers who spend $4,700 on Cancer sticks, you don't call out how I spend $5,300 a year on the Jets.  K?

SAR I

I have 4 seats.

My 14 year old son and I go to all the games.

My wife, 2 other teens, and 1 preschooler have conflicting priorities at present.  High school varsity soccer and travel soccer being the primary culprits.  For these years where the whole family can't join us, I am fortunate that I purchased the smartest seats in the stadium:  Mezz elevation, visitors side, shady side, gate nearest the train, two seats away from Club seats, Row 1.  Except when Geno Smith is under center, I can always get above face value for even the most pedestrian games.

SAR I

After having 5 seats for many years (Me + wife + 3 kids) I upgraded seat location and reduced quantity to 3 (Me + 2 sons), since wife + daughter go to one game per season.  Whatever that game is, I sell my 3 and purchase 5 elsewhere.  Gone are the days where I am constantly listing those 2 extra seats for sale on Stub Hub or having friends or kids' friends take those seats for free.

OK this thread is going off track to personal - the original thread was Jet games are a hot item currently due to our start

Thanks Frank.

Yes, let's try to stay on topic here. I have no idea what the topic is at this point though. 

Did you sell on stub hub or ticketexchange. If on ticketexchange you aren't liable for trouble that your buyers get into, but on stubhub you can be held liable if security gets involved with tossing people.

This is patently false.  It's a myth perpetrated by the Ticket Exchange to suck you in to using the ticket exchange instead of other re-sellers.    I inquired about this from the Jets several years ago and they confirmed that it's untrue.  They cannot legally do squat if you sold your tickets on Stub Hub.

Stop.

The discussion centers around what others are willing to pay for seats.  My $125 seats were worth $175 to a buyer.  The fees that I paid are immaterial.  My Week 3 seats sold for $50 over face to a buyer, very different than what happened Week 1.  That is true.

Big picture, PSL's are a rich man's domain.  Attending live NFL games that are free on TV is about as frivolous as one can get with one's money.  I have never said I am gaming the system and am profiting here.  There were games where Geno Smith faced the Bills in the rain where I couldn't get rid of my seats for $50 let alone $150.

You don't need to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.  I don't call out dog owners who spend $3,000 a year on Fido, I don't call out pack-a-day smokers who spend $4,700 on Cancer sticks, you don't call out how I spend $5,300 a year on the Jets.  K?

SAR I

Never said I was concerned how rich people spend their money and from what I know about your profession you're "middle class"

Not sure if this post will also "be hidden"

This is patently false.  It's a myth perpetrated by the Ticket Exchange to suck you in to using the ticket exchange instead of other re-sellers.    I inquired about this from the Jets several years ago and they confirmed that it's untrue.  They cannot legally do squat if you sold your tickets on Stub Hub.

Maybe so, I don't know what to make of this, but it is on the bottom of the page at

http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/ticket-faq.html

What will happen to someone who is ejected from a game?

Any Jets season ticket holder who is ejected from a game will have his/her season tickets revoked.  If a non-season ticket holder is ejected, the ticket holder of record will be warned by letter of the incident and informed that a second ejection will lead to the revocation of his/her season tickets.  If a fan uses NFL Ticket Exchange to purchase tickets, he/she is required to agree to the Fan Code of Conduct before being allowed to purchase the tickets.s

So if i give or sell my tix and they get tossed, I am the holder of record.

Maybe so, I don't know what to make of this, but it is on the bottom of the page at

http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/ticket-faq.html

So if i give or sell my tix and they get tossed, I am the holder of record.

it makes no difference where you sell it. You are on no way liable for the actions of those you sold them to. In promoting the new stadium PSLs, the Jets boasted about how you had complete freedom to sell your tix, unlike the former "no  resales ever" policy. The PSL agency had no prohibition from selling your tickets. I don t believe there is one for the uppers either.  

The Jets cannot regulate how or who you sell your tickets too.  It would be against the law.  The Devils had a lawsuit about this recently. 

I believe the same policy that you can lose your season tickets for the actions of others in your seats still exists for all season ticketholders.  The Jets said a lot of things when they promoted the new stadium but what is in writing and what is said are two different things.  I had read through the PSL contract but not recently.  Anyone still have theirs?  I took the upper level.

I honestly doubt the Jets would revoke season tickets for the actions of someone who sat in a season ticketholders seats.  They have 25% of their season tickets unsold as it is.

Archived