PHI Observations

KRL

The lack of Decker and Ivory stifled our offense and their
replacements did not step up

Bad

- OLine in both phases.  Even though Fitzpatrick didn't get
sacked, PHI compressed the pocket and got too many tips.
Who is this guy Bair???  He must have had at least three tips

- Marshall committed two turnovers which didn't help.  The
lateral and the deflection that caused the final INT

- Too many turnovers

- You saw the bad Fitzpatrick today.  It seemed like his three
INT's were caused because he was trying to make up the entire
deficit on one throw.  They were all killers because we were 
in at least FG range when he threw them

- DLine in both phases.  The run defense got gashed and Bradford
didn't get pressured enough

- Too many missed tackles

- Punt coverage on the Sproles TD

- Dumb penalty by Coples in the last two minutes of the game.  It
cost us at least another shot (30-40 seconds) to tie it

- RB's didn't step up

- ILB's were exposed on the "wheel routes" by Matthews & Sproles

- Good to see Smith make his debut, but he needs to be more aggressive
on his deep routes.  He allowed the CB's to push him to the sideline
and he didn't fight hard enough when the ball was up for grabs

- Not taking advantage of the one turnover we got was bad.  24-14
with about 7 minutes left, if we get any points there momentum could
have shifted

Good

- Smith making his debut and catching a couple of balls

- Marshall making 10 catches even though he was double covered
most of the game

- The defense throwing a shutout in the second half

- The secondary played well

- 3rd down defense

- Kerley was actually effective returning punts

- Quigley did a good job punting 

- The loss was to an NFC team, which doesn't hurt when it comes to tiebreakers

The lack of Decker and Ivory stifled our offense and their
replacements did not step up

Bad

- OLine in both phases.  Even though Fitzpatrick didn't get
sacked, PHI compressed the pocket and got too many tips.
Who is this guy Bair???  He must have had at least three tips

- Marshall committed two turnovers which didn't help.  The
lateral and the deflection that caused the final INT

- Too many turnovers

- You saw the bad Fitzpatrick today.  It seemed like his three
INT's were caused because he was trying to make up the entire
deficit on one throw.  They were all killers because we were 
in at least FG range when he threw them

- DLine in both phases.  The run defense got gashed and Bradford
didn't get pressured enough

- Too many missed tackles

- Punt coverage on the Sproles TD

- Dumb penalty by Coples in the last two minutes of the game.  It
cost us at least another shot (30-40 seconds) to tie it

- RB's didn't step up

- ILB's were exposed on the "wheel routes" by Matthews & Sproles

- Good to see Smith make his debut, but he needs to be more aggressive
on his deep routes.  He allowed the CB's to push him to the sideline
and he didn't fight hard enough when the ball was up for grabs

- Not taking advantage of the one turnover we got was bad.  24-14
with about 7 minutes left, if we get any points there momentum could
have shifted

Good

- Smith making his debut and catching a couple of balls

- Marshall making 10 catches even though he was double covered
most of the game

- The defense throwing a shutout in the second half

- The secondary played well

- 3rd down defense

- Kerley was actually effective returning punts

- Quigley did a good job punting 

- The loss was to an NFC team, which doesn't hurt when it comes to tiebreakers

Quincy Enunwa too

Kerley had 6 receptions for 33 yards and a TD with a drop or two I believe, how is hat different from Decker has provided in the first 2 games? Kerley sufficed for Decker in terms of production. 

Ivory was the integral piece hat was missing.

oh yeah, too many arm tackles as well as reaching for a diminutive scat-back never is a good thing

I agree with most of this. Did anyone else catch the eagles defender push our guy from behind on the Sproles punt return? probably should have been a flag getting rid of that TD. one thing to add to the bad list, that terrible challenge flag the play wasn't even close. I think D. Smith will get a bit more aggressive, this was his first NFL game and he is just getting back from a broken ribs and punctured lungs injury.

Kerley had 6 receptions for 33 yards and a TD with a drop or two I believe, how is hat different from Decker has provided in the first 2 games? Kerley sufficed for Decker in terms of production. 

oh yeah, too many arm tackles as well as reaching for a diminutive scat-back never is a good thing

did you see how many yards decker got last game?

Decker run better and deeper routs that create more yards and more first downs

Decker had 11 for 97 yards with a TD in the first half last week. 

Decker is a much better 2 then Kerley, Deckers routes are so much better, which needs to be paid attention to.  Fitz doesn't have the arm to take advantage of Devin Smiths speed on goe routes, smith had to slow down to track those balls, which allowed the defender into the play. Ivory was sorely missed as well, the 1 & 2 of Bilal and Stacey was ineffective. 

Brandons lateral was stupid, he was trying too hard to make something happen, he doesn't need to be superman all the time. 

look above for my reply to that weak retort

Blaming his production on the corners?  Thats your retort?  So I guess it didn't happen therefore far weaker numbers are the same as 11 for 97? If the D is weaker 97 yards = 33????? LOL, OK

Talk about weak, not even close to weak

Decker was being covered by Vontae Davis some of the time, brush.  His TD against Indy was against Davis.

And the dude had 100 yards receiving in the first half.  Kerley couldn't dream of doing that.

you mean Davis who was MOSTLY on Marshall all game until he was injured as well and Indy had no legit DBs?

c'mon, get out if here with that weak crap. Decker is the superior player, but his production was replicated by Kerley and therefore not a material reason for the loss. Ivory was.

you mean Davis who was MOSTLY on Marshall all game until he was injured as well and Indy had no legit DBs?

c'mon, get out if here with that weak crap. Decker is the superior player, but his production was replicated by Kerley and therefore not a material reason for the loss. Ivory was.

33 for a game does not equal 97 for a half.

No matter how often you repeat yourself

Blaming his production on the corners?  Thats your retort?  So I guess it didn't happen therefore far weaker numbers are the same as 11 for 97? If the D is weaker 97 yards = 33????? LOL, OK

Talk about weak, not even close to weak

Who's blaming? I'm not putting him down for being more talented then reserve DBs on Indy. Pull your head out your @$$. Such a bickerer.

yeah. Weaker competition leads to better production. 

Your rationale there is non-existent. If you disagree with me, that's fine. But whoever thinks Decker was sorely missed today is wrong. He probably would have put up similar numbers as the #2 WR against Philly's 1st team DBs

Your rationale there is non-existent. If you disagree with me, that's fine. But whoever thinks Decker was sorely missed today is wrong. He probably would have put up similar numbers as the #2 WR against 1st team DBs

And youre wasting everyones time explaining why Decker got 97 and ignoring your comment that Kerley's 33 yards check Deckers production.

Or that he wasnt missed, thats silly 

And youre wasting everyones time explaining why Decker got 97 and ignoring your comment that Kerley's 33 yards check Deckers production.

Or that he wasnt missed, thats silly 

wasting time? It's an Internet forum you INCREDIBLY INTELLIGENT POSTER!!!

stop replying to me you petulant phagocyte if you disagree and troll elsewhere.

yeesh.......move on already

wasting time? It's an Internet forum you INCREDIBLY INTELLIGENT POSTER!!!

stop replying to me you petulant phagocyte if you disagree and troll elsewhere.

yeesh.......move on already

GFY already.

Friggen 33 = 97 and a lame attempt at name calling

GFY already.

Friggen 33 = 97.  

typical child can't let it go. LOL.

Stop replying to ANY post I make from here on out. And yes, GFY is the most clever response when the hamster in your head gets tired of running the wheel. 

Im done with this @$$høłe

typical child can't let it go. LOL.

Stop replying to ANY post I make from here on out. And yes, GFY is the most clever response when the hamster in your head gets tired of running the wheel. 

Im done with this @$$høłe

You cant stop or shut the F up, but I have to?  

STFU and leave or not, its your choice.  WTF are you?

Who's blaming? I'm not putting him down for being more talented then reserve DBs on Indy. Pull your head out your @$$. Such a bickerer.

Your rationale there is non-existent. If you disagree with me, that's fine. But whoever thinks Decker was sorely missed today is wrong. He probably would have put up similar numbers as the #2 WR against Philly's 1st team DBs

Decker nets us more first downs, which is beneficial to keep drives going. Kerley did not replicate or adequately fill in for Decker in the slightest today. 

Jeremy Kerley is a ******* JAG. Please. Just stop. He's barely adequate, and trying to compare that slow ass midget to a real NFL Receiver is laughable. 

that doesn't sound completely reactionary.  Hate on the guy all you want, doesn't change the result and only leads you to higher blood pressure. Kerley is serviceable but I agree, nothing exceptional. 

Seems people want to just argue b/c they're pissed we lost. 

Decker's presence would have made it impossible for them to double Marshall. Kerley did a job, but he is no Decker.

Ivory was an even bigger loss. The offense looked one-dimensional.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

he gets the point I was making: Ivory was missed more today. Others are more hung up on Decker's superiority over Kerley and KEY THAT as a contribution to the loss. I disagree with the last part.  That's all.

My Observations are that the Vast Majority of Jet fans are haters. I was going to use another word, but it would have probably gotten me banned or something.

It's the Defense's fault for giving up 17 points in the 1st half

It's the special teams fault for allowing the TD .

It's Marshall's fault for making the bone head lateral.

We didn't have Decker and Ivory

The offensive Line sucked

We have a 10 year veteran QB who is running an offense he started in for 2 seasons prior to this yr and he's being handle as thou he he's a 1st yr starter in his 1st season in the NFL.

Decker nets us more first downs, which is beneficial to keep drives going. Kerley did not replicate or adequately fill in for Decker in the slightest today. 

Not to mention the fact that Decker just flat out demands more attention from the D -- Kerley is limited as a threat.  Heck, Decker's YAC is probably more than Kerley's YPC.  Kerley does nothing to take pressure off Marshall -- he is the poor man's Eddie Bell minus the speed. They simply are not the same class of receiver.   

that doesn't sound completely reactionary.  Hate on the guy all you want, doesn't change the result and only leads you to higher blood pressure. Kerley is serviceable but I agree, nothing exceptional. 

Seems people want to just argue b/c they're pissed we lost. 

Whatat the hell are you talking about? You're the genuus saying Kerley is equal or better than Decker, and they didn't miss him today.

Let me guess, you're also calling for Geno to play again to, yes? LOL.

"Reactionary"...lol

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

he gets the point I was making: Ivory was missed more today. Others are more hung up on Decker's superiority over Kerley and KEY THAT as a contribution to the loss. I disagree with the last part.  That's all.

You completely missed his first point, which goes totally against your argument that Kirleys presence negated the loss of Decker.

Unreal

Not to mention the fact that Decker just flat out demands more attention from the D -- Kerley is limited as a threat.  Heck, Decker's YAC is probably more than Kerley's YPC.  Kerley does nothing to take pressure off Marshall -- he is the poor man's Eddie Bell minus the speed. They simply are not the same class of receiver.   

EXACTLY! and that's why Kerley is in the position he is in. Teams have to account for Decker, not so much for Kerley. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

You want to know who missed Decker? Brandon Marshall, Fitz, and Bowles. 

Now Decker and Ivory are equally missed. 

Archived