Ridley, Milliner, Owusu Return; NY Jets Injury Report

JetNation

It is injury report time and the Jets are pretty healthy as they head into an important divisional matchup. Buster Skrine returned to the field but coach Bowles indicated he won’t know if Skrine will be ready to play until he sees him running in a helmet. Bilal Powell was out, Jaiquawn Jarrett was out and […]

Click here to read the full story...

It is injury report time and the Jets are pretty healthy as they head into an important divisional matchup. Buster Skrine returned to the field but coach Bowles indicated he won’t know if Skrine will be ready to play until he sees him running in a helmet. Bilal Powell was out, Jaiquawn Jarrett was out and […]

Click here to read the full story...

Man that's a grocery store full of talent on the fence to play this week.  Skrine, Marcus Williams, Ridley, and Owusu may or may not play?  All four of those guys bring a unique element to the game that could be the difference between a win or a loss.  Just getting Owusus back on special teams and offensive packages would be huge (1 or 2 returns to make a shorter field).  Needs extra CBs for sure.  Would love Skrine, Williams, or both...

Well.. Milner will allow our defense extra rest. He's set to get injured and be down a few minutes while being carted off the field again.

He can't play until next week, and even then he's probably behind just about everyone on the depth chart. Plus they have to cut someone for him to return. 

We need Skrine to be able to play. We need him on gronk.

I dout they put a guy almost 1 foot shorter than Gronk on him in coverage.  Maybe in some packages, but I'd guess he's bracketed with Gilchrist getting the majority of the snaps on him with a LB underneath ND jamming him at the line.

No Marshall will play. 

Question though for the forum. For Ridley to be activated and start playing say Sunday we have to cut someone right?. I assume so since a PUP player doesn't count against the 53 man roster. Only area we can cut someone is on OL with 10 guys there and it would probably have to be our 5th round pick Harrison since he is the only one with no exp. out of the backups and could then go on the practice squad. Comments?.

No Marshall will play. 

Question though for the forum. For Ridley to be activated and start playing say Sunday we have to cut someone right?. I assume so since a PUP player doesn't count against the 53 man roster. Only area we can cut someone is on OL with 10 guys there and it would probably have to be our 5th round pick Harrison since he is the only one with no exp. out of the backups and could then go on the practice squad. Comments?.

I doubt we'd cut a 5th round pick from this past draft.

I'd assume Zac Stacy would get cut, if Ridley is really healthy.

No Marshall will play. 

kenbrell thompkins is on thin ice

I doubt we'd cut a 5th round pick from this past draft.

I'd assume Zac Stacy would get cut, if Ridley is really healthy.

Agree. I think Thompkins stays with Enunwa suspended and Ridley bumps Stacy if he's activated.  Hopefully Owusu ok for KR duty.  If not I think Thompkins could be used there if Owusu's not ready and Stacy gets cut for Ridley. Anybody's guess...

Agree. I think Thompkins stays with Enunwa suspended and Ridley bumps Stacy if he's activated.  Hopefully Owusu ok for KR duty.  If not I think Thompkins could be used there if Owusu's not ready and Stacy gets cut for Ridley. Anybody's guess...

If Powell is inactive there is no way they cut Stacy. Need 3 RBs more than you need a 5th or 6th receiver. 

Wonder if the Patsies are worried about Sheard's angle injury?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS        
POS. PLAYER INJURY WEDNESDAY (10/21) THURSDAY (10/22) FRIDAY (10/23) GAME STATUS
OL Cannon, Marcus Toe DNP      
LB Johnson, Rufus Illness DNP      
G Mason, Shaq Knee DNP      
DE Sheard, Jabaal Angle DNP      
DL Flowers, Trey Knee/Shoulder LP      
LB Hightower, Don’t’a Ribs LP      
G Kline, Josh Shoulder LP      
RB Lewis, Dion Abdomen LP      
WR Slater, Matthew Knee LP

I heard it could be acute:lol:

Wonder if the Patsies are worried about Sheard's angle injury?

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS        
POS. PLAYER INJURY WEDNESDAY (10/21) THURSDAY (10/22) FRIDAY (10/23) GAME STATUS
OL Cannon, Marcus Toe DNP      
LB Johnson, Rufus Illness DNP      
G Mason, Shaq Knee DNP      
DE Sheard, Jabaal Angle DNP      
DL Flowers, Trey Knee/Shoulder LP      
LB Hightower, Don’t’a Ribs LP      
G Kline, Josh Shoulder LP      
RB Lewis, Dion Abdomen LP      
WR Slater, Matthew Knee LP

I heard it could be acute:lol:

Quit being so obtuse.

I would say especially Skrine.  We need help defending the slot passes.

Yeah, but at the end of the day we need to score points. We could have Buster on the field and the Pats could still put up 24pts. We need versatility on the offense to open up all areas of the field. Owusu has enough speed but he's a very good route runner. Also, if he's healthy he could contribute to kickoffs which would be great for field position. Owusu would be a great addition, not saying Skrine wouldnt, we just need our highest play at all three levels and Owusu could help in 2 of the 3.

If Powell is inactive there is no way they cut Stacy. Need 3 RBs more than you need a 5th or 6th receiver. 

Pretty sure Powell will be inactive with the ankle injury.  We'll be rolling with Ivory, Stacy and Ridley.  Ridley is not 100% and not fully in football shape so expect some lack of burst.

Archived