Onto Oakland.

nj meadowlands

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as I see @Oakland I'm always worried no matter what kind of team they have.

Lets see what Oakland can scheme up for their offense knowing that Cooper will be limited with Revis on him. 

cooper wont be limited, revis will have his hands full, btw where was revis on 3rd and 17?

they are young so it's possible, but they have a dynamic young QB/WR tandem that can put up points in a flash and a defense that defends the pass pretty well. They have problems defending TE though so I'd like to see Cumberland more involved 

Defense is 3rd against the run, but 32nd against the pass; these numbers aren't all important, but 32nd is pretty bad.  Kind of like when we were like 28th against the pass; yeah, we stopped the run, but basically because people just threw against us.  

No road game particularly on the West Coast is easy, but unlike previous regimes I doubt

there will be an emotional hangover after the NE loss.  You could've chalked up a 27-10

loss to OAK if "you know who" was still here.  With the way we handled the London trip I

expect the same professionalism going to OAK, if anything I would expect a "pissed" off

team from what I heard out of the locker room

I think the Jets go into Oakland and run away with this one.  Yes, the Raiders are a much better team, a good team - one of the better ones in the AFC...

But I think you'll see the Jets first complete game, take an early lead and not look back.  Cooper will be shut down by Revis and Carr will have a tough time against an aggressive Bowles defense.

Almost impossible to shutdown Cooper as they will put him in motion if they have to.   The Raiders Wr don't need to beat a defense over the top, as they are capable of taking a short one , and getting major YaC.

derek Carr gets that ball out so quick, and throws the ball a lot before the Wr out of his break .( expect to see a lot of back shoulder throws by design from Mr Carr.  

Almost impossible to shutdown Cooper as they will put him in motion if they have to.   The Raiders Wr don't need to beat a defense over the top, as they are capable of taking a short one , and getting major YaC.

derek Carr gets that ball out so quick, and throws the ball a lot before the Wr out of his break .( expect to see a lot of back shoulder throws by design from Mr Carr.  

I mean, if we can't beat Brady and co in their house we might as well not even fly over there to play the mighty quick balls Carr.  The WR's don't even get out of their breaks when he throws!  So quick!  So flash!  So groovy!

I mean, if we can't beat Brady and co in their house we might as well not even fly over there to play the mighty quick balls Carr.  The WR's don't even get out of their breaks when he throws!  So quick!  So flash!  So groovy!

Lol! The Raiders lost to the Bears. Have you seen the Bears defense play this year. If Carr is quick draw McGraw why didn't he carve up one of the worst defensive teams in football? The Bears also have one of the worst front 7s on defense in football, that team is a defensive MESS! Hey, I'm not saying @ Oakland is a cakewalk but this Jet team isn't Rex Ryans 2011-2014 teams. 

Carr was 6-8 going right after Revis last year .( when Revis played for Patriots)     He has way better weapons , and is much better Qb now, than he was last year.

As soon as I see @Oakland I'm always worried no matter what kind of team they have.

Lets see what Oakland can scheme up for their offense knowing that Cooper will be limited with Revis on him. 

amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree are a big part of the Raiders offense , but if you think they are the whole offense you are sadly mistaken.   latavius Murray I don't expect to have as much impact on this game, ( I would feature him after they establish the pass)as Raiders run blocking still isn't up to par yet. ( has also been a little shaky catching the ball the last two weeks).

The Raiders play a lot of two Te formations with Lee Smith( excellent blocker whether for the run or the pass) and Clive Walford( extremely talented Te whose slowly starting to get comfortable after missing all of training camp with an injury- could be the week they feature him a lot.

The Rb to watch for the Raiders in limited role is Taiwan Jones.  When he's in the game he is Bill Musgrave Percy Harvin.   Raiders love to get him matched up on a lb.     The Raiders third Wr is Seth Roberts- like Cooper and Crabtree excellent route runner who can get big Yac.

Oh man, did I miss this guy!

So.... when Cooper was held under 50 yards 3 times this season, one being the Chicago Bears, was he impossible to cover then?

You're excited, big win against San Diego. I get it. The Raiders are a solid football team and they do pose a threat to the Jets, but don't gas them up too much my man.

amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree are a big part of the Raiders offense , but if you think they are the whole offense you are sadly mistaken.   latavius Murray I don't expect to have as much impact on this game, ( I would feature him after they establish the pass)as Raiders run blocking still isn't up to par yet. ( has also been a little shaky catching the ball the last two weeks).

The Raiders play a lot of two Te formations with Lee Smith( excellent blocker whether for the run or the pass) and Clive Walford( extremely talented Te whose slowly starting to get comfortable after missing all of training camp with an injury- could be the week they feature him a lot.

The Rb to watch for the Raiders in limited role is Taiwan Jones.  When he's in the game he is Bill Musgrave Percy Harvin.   Raiders love to get him matched up on a lb.     The Raiders third Wr is Seth Roberts- like Cooper and Crabtree excellent route runner who can get big Yac.

Bill Musgrave Percy Harvin!  Seth Roberts!  Lee Smith!!  Clive Walford!  Big Yac!!!!  Seriously man, the pee is running down my leg I swear!

My comment  wasn't meant as a swipe at the Raiders or to seem that Cooper is the only player you guys have.   Cooper obviously is a dangerous weapon so if Revis is able to contain him, then I wondered what their scheme is if you can take out the #1 WR   Similar to how the Pats attempted to take Marshall out of the game yesterday and all of a sudden there was a Kerley sighting (1st half) Your breakdown of the rest of the guys on the offense is very informative. Thanks. 

My comment  wasn't meant as a swipe at the Raiders or to seem that Cooper is the only player you guys have.   Cooper obviously is a dangerous weapon so if Revis is able to contain him, then I wondered what their scheme is if you can take out the #1 WR   Similar to how the Pats attempted to take Marshall out of the game yesterday and all of a sudden there was a Kerley sighting (1st half) Your breakdown of the rest of the guys on the offense is very informative. Thanks. 

Derek Carr is going to do what he always does.   look over the defense , and pick out the best matchup he likes.   Every NFL Qb goes through their progressions.    Okay Amari Cooper My first option is  covered,  than I go second progression Michael Crabtree, he's covered than he goes to his third progression  Te/ Mychal Rivera/ Clive Walford, and if those are covered than he checks down to one of the running backs( L Murray, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, or Roy Helu.

Derek Carr is going to do what he always does.   look over the defense , and pick out the best matchup he likes.   Every NFL Qb goes through their progressions.    Okay Amari Cooper My first option is  covered,  than I go second progression Michael Crabtree, he's covered than he goes to his third progression  Te/ Mychal Rivera/ Clive Walford, and if those are covered than he checks down to one of the running backs( L Murray, Taiwan Jones, Marcel Reece, or Roy Helu.

I know having a quarterback that goes through his progressions might be a new concept to you, but at least up it to graduate level, ain't nobody got time for football 101 on JN. 

doubt he has enough time in the pocket to go through all of those.  Glad to see you back for this weeks game after your early start to the season :)

Let me give you a more realistic scenario:

Carr drops back looks to Cooper. Cooper is covered, Ok let me look to "OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS GIANT 300 POUND MAN IN GREEN!!!! OH MY GOD IS THAT MY HEAD STILL IN THE HELMET OVER THERE!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carr drops back looks to Cooper. Cooper is covered, Ok let me look to "OH MY GOD WHO IS THIS GIANT 300 POUND MAN IN GREEN!!!! OH MY GOD IS THAT MY HEAD STILL IN THE HELMET OVER THERE!!!"

just like they decapitated Cindy?

This made me spit some beer through my nose, lol.

Archived