(R)ex is coming to town.. Thursday, November 12, 8:25 pm - Bills @ Jets ~ ~ ~

kelly

A moron is going to be a moron:

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak  14 minutes ago

Rex Ryan asked if there’s a chance he’ll make IK Enemkpali a captain.
“Yeah… I do this all the time."

I hope this is what he and his team concentrates on a short week, fool

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it, we are all rightfully vilifying Greag Hardy for punching a woman, yet IK goes unpunished for doing the same?

In all seriousness this is a total classless move by Rex.  Not surprised.  Maybe we can find some of his wife's paying customers online to come and be our honorary captain.

Why I tell ya, I loved that team, I'll admit it.  I loved that team and I loved beating the Bills even though as the jets coach we got our asses kicked last year twice.  But you know what?  That's all in the past, they can cheer me or boo me I don't really care.  This team and this city is all I care about now and I view them as a road bump along the way to the playoffs and I don't apologize for saying that.  Our intent is to go in there kick their asses and get the two points and I'm sure that's what they are going to try and do as well.  Well we'll be ready I can promise that.

Everyone and their mother knew this was coming.  He does this all the time.  Incognito was their captain vs. the Dolphags yesterday.

You would think just once he might take the high road. Just once.

Rex Ryan is basically the guy who says "hold my beer and watch this" before doing something monumentally dumb.

You would think just once he might take the high road. Just once.

Rex Ryan is basically the guy who says "hold my beer and watch this" before doing something monumentally dumb.

Sorta boring at this point.  Skinny Rex is a hack. 

I've said it before but as a huge Rex supporter, getting to see it from a far...he's really a boob when it comes to this stuff.  Still think he's a good coach and the Jets are going to have their work cut out for them but he's a frigging boob when it comes to this stuff.  Just no need to do it.  I actually think the gesture would have more impact this time around by not naming him the Captain. 

Simply put, Gailey has to stretch the field early.  Even if the first couple attempts aren't successful.  Especially if Mangold can't go, there's no way we win if Rex is stacking the box.  

Don't care who is the QB.  If teams can keep 8 in, we won't win many games vs decent opponents.

It's easier to pass block than run block, yesterday being example #3456. If your OL is depleted you are better off throwing it than trying to push the front 7 around. And we know Rex Ryan LOVES to brag about stopping the run like it's 1972 and the NFL is some tough guy 10-9 showdown game between Woody Hayes and his dad. 

I await a Bills' 12 men on the field penalty, coupled with the Bills burning timeouts for no sensible reason,added with Rex Ryan burning his challenges emotionally like a drunk in a sports bar on his 13th Bud Light rather than an NFL head coach. All,again. 

It's easier to pass block than run block, yesterday being example #3456. If your OL is depleted you are better off throwing it than trying to push the front 7 around. And we know Rex Ryan LOVES to brag about stopping the run like it's 1972 and the NFL is some tough guy 10-9 showdown game between Woody Hayes and his dad. 

I await a Bills' 12 men on the field penalty, coupled with the Bills burning timeouts for no sensible reason,added with Rex Ryan burning his challenges emotionally like a drunk in a sports bar on his 13th Bud Light rather than an NFL head coach. All,again. 

we've been doing a great job w/ clock management, right?

IK Enemkpali to captain Bills vs. Jets

Bills coach Rex Ryan said today that Enemkpali will serve as a captain when they play the Jets on Thursday night. Enemkpali was cut by the Jets in September after he punched and broke Geno Smith's jaw. Said Ryan: "I'll get ripped or whatever, but I do this all the time. Anybody that's played (against that team), you're gonna see (as a captain)."

>     http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/newyork-jets

All I know is their vaunted D gave up 34 points to the Jags I the road and lost to the same Jags team we just beat.

i don't understand so many on the board picking the bills when these same jags lit them up like a Christmas tree and pulled out a victory.

this is a classic rex let down game, IMO.  When he coached the jets this was a classic game you got excited and fired up for, then Matt Moore steps in for an injured rookie Ryan Tannehill and whoops us 27-14.

nope, I think jets take care of business in a very workman like way while the bills commit stupid back breaking turnovers and penalties like Rex coached teams always seem to do...

The Bills are dangerous running the ball, especially the QB sustaining drives and the deep ball.  I am not worried at all about their in between plays.  Don't let Taylor run and don't let Watkins beat you.

I want Taylor to lose at least 1 fumble this game...

Would love to have seen Rex with this defense but wasn't to be.

Gotta salute Rex for putting the Jets back on the map, tip your cap to him for bringing us further than anyone has in 20 years, and hope Bowles is up for the challenge.

Would love to have seen Rex with this defense but wasn't to be.

Gotta salute Rex for putting the Jets back on the map, tip your cap to him for bringing us further than anyone has in 20 years, and hope Bowles is up for the challenge.

To be honest the Chargers and Bengal playoff games were two of the best times mt sons and I  have ever had watching football.  The Charger games has a story that would make you laugh your face off if you ever cared to listen.  But for those two games Im honestly thankful. 

To be honest the Chargers and Bengal playoff games were two of the best times mt sons and I  have ever had watching football.  The Charger games has a story that would make you laugh your face off if you ever cared to listen.  But for those two games Im honestly thankful. 

Damn good times...  Steamrolling the Bengals in consecutive weeks was awesome.  I'll never understand how any long time Jet fan can just shrug off those playoff runs.  Like we're the 90's Bulls or something.

What happened while watching the Chargers game?

Damn good times...  Steamrolling the Bengals in consecutive weeks was awesome.  I'll never understand how any long time Jet fan can just shrug off those playoff runs.  Like we're the 90's Bulls or something.

You know the situation with my ex has always been,, errr ahhhh, volatile?  So Joey and Sal were at her house that weekend and I told her I was coming to get them to take them to a restaurant for the game.  I was running late so I got to their home about 15 minutes before the game started and the restaurant was 10 minutes away.  They live in one of those manor homes and have a short driveway.  I pulled in with my truck and the boys got it in, I was so excited and high five-ing my sons I backed up into one of the neighbors cars parked across the street.  I mean full "demolition derby" smashing knocking the car up on the curb.  LOL  Chevy Avalanches vs Volkswagon Jetta.   The dude comes running out of his home yelling at me and I just threw him my licenses (no way Im missing any football) and pointed to my ex wifes front door and took off.  None the less he screamed at her while I watched that awesome games with my boys.  She kept  calling me but like my battery died and stuff.  So awesome.  LOL

sadly I was serious.  I feel bad for you.

If you want to win over the court of public opinion you'll have to work harder, you're working with a serious deficit. 

If you plan on giving the incredulous, but cliché, response that you don't care what anyone else things... then you'll also need to work on your self-deluding skill set. 

If you plan on responding at all, you should consider the fact that every time you respond it's as though you are Aquib Talib'ing yourself.

Nobody shrugs them off. 

Some of us just understand that falling short in the playoffs, combined with bottoming the team out, is not worthy of "untouchable" status.

In my case, I've said it plenty of times, what Rex and mostly those 09+10 teams did in the playoffs was GREAT. But the 6 totals weeks of enjoyment I got out of those playoff runs pales in comparison to the 4 straight years of watching Rex **** this team up, and pass the buck to anyone that got within 5 feet of his lapband.

Archived