Is QB Fitz the 2015 Comeback Player of the Year?

Warfish

Carson Palmer will be the winner, no question about it.  

Mabye Adrian Peterson because of the name and he missed the entire season last year.  Not sure if a suspension warrants the Pennington trophy or not.

Fitz is a damn good candidate though.  Not sure if playing 12 games and then getting injured constitutes the Pennington trophy either. 

Eric Berry is a good call.

Carson wins it though, no question. 

Are you kidding me? We haven't beaten a .500 or better team and lost every big spot game outside of IND in week 2.

He's getting it done in the most average of ways. Hardly "comeback player of the year" worthy.

You want to show me something? Beat NE in 2 weeks.

Are you kidding me? We haven't beaten a .500 or better team and lost every big spot game outside of IND in week 2.

He's getting it done in the most average of ways. Hardly "comeback player of the year" worthy.

You negged rep me for saying Carson will win it? 

lol - why?  He's going to win it.  haha

Carson Palmer will be the winner, no question about it.  

Mabye Adrian Peterson because of the name and he missed the entire season last year.  Not sure if a suspension warrants the Pennington trophy or not.

Fitz is a damn good candidate though.  Not sure if playing 12 games and then getting injured constitutes the Pennington trophy either. 

Eric Berry is a good call.

Carson wins it though, no question. 

Hard to give a guy a feel-good award after missing a year for beating his child.

Yeah but he sorta stunk before that.  So not really coming back.  More of a late bloomer if you ask me.

The real late bloomer was Rich Gannon nothing for his first 11 seasons then bam makes 4 Pro Bowls and All Pro twice in 4 years.. We should be so lucky..LOL

I get your point but Fitz wasn't good and he broke his leg.  Calvin was a struggling rookie like most rookies in this game.

Broken bones seem bad but they heal in 6-10 weeks are are pretty much no worse for wear.  Coming back from a soft tissue injury like ACL and the like is much harder.  Calvin Pryor was left for dead by this message board.  "He's alive, alive, ALIVE!!!"  

Broken bones seem bad but they heal in 6-10 weeks are are pretty much no worse for wear.  Coming back from a soft tissue injury like ACL and the like is much harder.  Calvin Pryor was left for dead by this message board.  "He's alive, alive, ALIVE!!!"  

fans leave many players for dead especially young players. 

FACTS are stubborn things..... not to mention the teams with mediocre records we lost to.

You negged rep me for saying Carson will win it? 

lol - why?  He's going to win it.  haha

I neg'd you for that post saying FItz is a damn good candidate for comeback player of the year. That would suggest A) he was actually good at one point... and B ) he's been winning big games for us. 

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I don't want to be THAT guy. I'll refrain from any more FItz posts until after NE in 2 weeks.

Hard to give a guy a feel-good award after missing a year for beating his child.

Spare the rod spoils the child?  Though not sure you really supposed to hit a kid with a stick.  I did throw a half drunken Gatorade bottle( plastic)  at Baby Crusher once because he ripped the side mirror off my car holding on to  it to take his cleats off.  After I told him not to for two years and already replacing it once.  Sadly I missed.  

Spare the rod spoils the child?  Though not sure you really supposed to hit a kid with a stick.  I did throw a half drunken Gatorade bottle( plastic)  at Baby Crusher once because he ripped the side mirror off my car holding on to  it to take his cleats off.  After I told him not to for two years and already replacing it once.  Sadly I missed.  

I thought you grew up with Spare ribs spoil the child motto??:)

I neg'd you for that post saying FItz is a damn good candidate for comeback player of the year. That would suggest A) he was actually good at one point... and B ) he's been winning big games for us. 

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I don't want to be THAT guy. I'll refrain from any more FItz posts until after NE in 2 weeks.

He's doing both.  He just won a meaningful game in Dec.  That's a big game.  He did it playing very well.  That's being good at some point.

And your whole case that his season being good or bad is contingent on one game vs. NE is ridiculous.  Zero logic.

yeah but as Jet fans we are usually right about our draft picks.  Shocking to me how well Pryor is playing this year.  he is MY come back player of the year. 

Pryor definitely deserves consideration for comeback or most improved player.

the guy looked totally lost last season  he'snow making big plays

Comeback from what he was 6-6 as a starter last season.

Totally agree.  

I always think of a comeback player as someone who comes back from something.  Fitz missed 4 games last year, and has come back.  He also wasn't a pro bowl QB who has returned to form.  I love him, but he's not winning the Pennington.

Carson Palmer should win.

Totally agree.  

I always think of a comeback player as someone who comes back from something.  Fitz missed 4 games last year, and has come back.  He also wasn't a pro bowl QB who has returned to form.  I love him, but he's not winning the Pennington.

Carson Palmer should win.

just because a couple Internet GM's thought Nick Foles was better or we should have traded the farm for Mariota.

Archived