Henry and Heisman

afosomf

Supposely leaked by Vegas that Henry has won trophy. Well deserved mon. Not sure what type of pro he will be, needs to go to a team like Dallas. He actually runs a 4.4 forty, he doesnt look fast on TV.  He also has alot of tread on wheels. Mainly from high school and this year (bama thin at RB due to injuries) as he was a 1 man show on Offense. He also broke Hershel's record and our OL is average at best, an average QB and everyone in the stadium knew he was getting ball.  Congrats to a classy kid if story is true

Supposely leaked by Vegas that Henry has won trophy. Well deserved mon. Not sure what type of pro he will be, needs to go to a team like Dallas. He actually runs a 4.4 forty, he doesnt look fast on TV.  He also has alot of tread on wheels. Mainly from high school and this year (bama thin at RB due to injuries) as he was a 1 man show on Offense. He also broke Hershel's record and our OL is average at best, an average QB and everyone in the stadium knew he was getting ball.  Congrats to a classy kid if story is true

He'll be yet another Bama bust in the NFL.

Bama players are the softest players in the NCAA.

Hightower is really good. The rest of them are trash, though. Saban roids them up, uses them up, hides injuries, then throws them on the scrap heap.

Mosely is trash lol  Cooper is trash lol  Kirkpatrick is trash? Just because Dee didnt work out mon. Fluker, Upshaw, Jackson, Yeldon, warmack, haha, all are starting in NFL. 

He'll be yet another Bama bust in the NFL.

Bama players are the softest players in the NCAA.

Yeah Bama players are soft.

Bart Starr

Lee Roy Jordan

Joe Namath

Ken Stabler

John Hannah

Ozzie Newsome

Marty Lyons

Derrick Thomas

Shaun Alexander

Julio Jones

D0nt'a Hightower

Christian McCaffery should have been the Heisman. He does SOO much more for Stanford. You could put 20 other RBs in the Bama system this year, give them 40 carries on saturday and they will plod for 150  yards a game. Complete nonsense. 

Henry wouldn't even be on my ballot. Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliot are 10x the RB Henry is. 

And QBs like Baker Mayfield/Watson have far more of an impact for their teams success. 

Too tall, runs too upright, often has large holes to run through that lets him build up steam that he may not get in the NFL.  He looks tremendous in college but I don't think he will do it in the NFL.  Same thing with Fournette.  They may not be colossal busts like Richardson but I don;t think they are going to be super dynamic backs.  I really like Elliot though even though I was really put off by his ranty pout after the OSU loss.  I also like Samaje Perrin from Oklahoma.  A guy that will also do well though not as a #1 every down back imo is McCaffery, he'll be a great hybrid back, would love to see him on the jets.

Look at the list of Heisman winners.  Many do well in the NFL, but about as many never make it in the BigTime. The award is not a measure of how someone will do in the NFL.  It is a measure of who had the most impact as a college football player during one season.  Take a look at this list of selected Heisman winners since the 1960's:

Steve Owens, Pat Sullivan, Doug Flutie, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Ron Dayne, Eric Couch, Jason White, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Mark Ingram.

Interesting.

Christian McCaffery should have been the Heisman. He does SOO much more for Stanford. You could put 20 other RBs in the Bama system this year, give them 40 carries on saturday and they will plod for 150  yards a game. Complete nonsense. 

Henry wouldn't even be on my ballot. Leonard Fournette and Ezekiel Elliot are 10x the RB Henry is. 

And QBs like Baker Mayfield/Watson have far more of an impact for their teams success. 

Yup

Look at the list of Heisman winners.  Many do well in the NFL, but about as many never make it in the BigTime. The award is not a measure of how someone will do in the NFL.  It is a measure of who had the most impact as a college football player during one season.  Take a look at this list of selected Heisman winners since the 1960's:

Steve Owens, Pat Sullivan, Doug Flutie, Andre Ware, Ty Detmer, Gino Torretta, Charlie Ward, Danny Wuerffel, Ron Dayne, Eric Couch, Jason White, Troy Smith, Tim Tebow, Mark Ingram.

Interesting.

Charlie Ward was one of my favorite Knicks growing up. Loved that dude!

Henry is a 1 man Offense dude, not sure what games you are watching, i saw Mccaffery play USC, the dude wasnt covered at all, running wild all day. If henry played via soft Pac10 defenses, he still would be running

Hightower is really good. The rest of them are trash, though. Saban roids them up, uses them up, hides injuries, then throws them on the scrap heap.

dam I forgot Julio   Mark Baron (leading rams in tackles) landon collins, rashad Johnson all starters , soft as your bottom right?

I highly doubt that. If he really does, he doesn't look like it in pads. College 40s and weight room numbers are often exaggerated. Let see if he really runs a 4.4 at the combine

Maybe so ..at 6 3   240 he if runs a 4.5 that will turn may heads, you never see anyone catch up to him

The Dude Broke Hershel Walkers records mon 

Stop smoking the ganja mon . Eventhough Henry played a tough SEC schedule BAMA has for all intents and purposes  an all-star roster minus a top tier QB. He was given every opportunity to carry the load especially when the Oline wore down defenses later in games. Sure those crazy yardage totals are impressive as were Lenoard Fournettes, and Alex Collins etc.... Me thinks outside of Bama and Florida the defenses in the SEC are no longer what they were once feared to be, and I say that as a LSU fan who has watched a ton of SEC football through the years. 

Stop smoking the ganja mon . Eventhough Henry played a tough SEC schedule BAMA has for all intents and purposes  an all-star roster minus a top tier QB. He was given every opportunity to carry the load especially when the Oline wore down defenses later in games. Sure those crazy yardage totals are impressive as were Lenoard Fournettes, and Alex Collins etc.... Me thinks outside of Bama and Florida the defenses in the SEC are no longer what they were once feared to be, and I say that as a LSU fan who has watched a ton of SEC football through the years. 

Bama's OL was well below their normal average, they have a good center and a LT (who played hurt all year) This is not the typical bama OL that Trent and Ingram had. SEC WEST was the toughest division in college and this also comes from Danny Sheridan, every team was bowl eligible. So please put down your crack pipe. Florida Defense was also the toughest Def bama faced all yr and the dude put 189 yds. Bama's QB was average at best, neither Saban or Kiffin trust him to pass downfield, which would help open the running lanes. Henry will probably be downgraded due to how bad Trent was in NFL.

Archived