Fitz's final two drives

AFJF

Might be the best QB play we've seen in years, coming against a team that is 3-10 because they can't score points...not because they can't play defense.  Dallas is 4th in the NFL against the pass and Fitz did this with zero running game to keep the defense honest.

TD Drive

First play: Brick gets beat by Gregory coming around the edge, Fitz steps up and fires a strike to Marshall for 14 yards.

Second play: Great call by Gailey to roll Fitz out with all the jailbreaks Dallas was getting, on the run he hits Decker for 12 more.

Third play: Incomplete

Fourth play: Clean picket, Fitz to Marshall for 20

Fifth play: Fitz to Enunwa for 1 yard

Sixth play: Holding on Breno, 2nd & 19

Seventh play: Pass to Ivory for 5 yards

Eighth play: 3rd & 14, protection starts to break down, Fitz scrables to daylight and as Phil Simms says "It happens because the movement of Fitzpatrick" who hits Enunwa for 24 yards over the middle.

Ninth play: Easy TD to Decker jogging in 

GW FG Drive

First play: -1 yard to Powell

Second play: Fitz hits Enunwa over the middle for 10

Third play: Hurries to the line to call QB sneak, picks up first down

Fourth play: 43-yard completion to Thompkins, seals the game barring disaster (My favorite part of this play was seeing Kerley celebrate the catch on the sideline...team guy)

Three runs for 1 yard to eat up clock, Bullock kicks GW FG.

Again...all with no running game and the #4 pass defense in the NFL.  Great job by Fitz and the receivers.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-12 for 132 yards in the 4th quarter against NFL's 4th ranked pass defense....but no signature wins, and can't throw it as far as Geno so none of it matters.

it concerns me that we haven't beat a winning team this year.  We have to pull out the win next week for credibility.  

it concerns me that we haven't beat a winning team this year.  We have to pull out the win next week for credibility.  

I get that...but in terms of the QB situation itself, the guy just shredded one of the top pass defenses in the NFL despite having no running game and close to zero pass protection.  As I said, Dallas isn't terrible because of their defense, it's their offense that's killing them.

10-12 for 132 yards in the 4th quarter against NFL's 4th ranked pass defense....but no signature wins, and can't throw it as far as Geno so none of it matters.

Well, since you're trying to be a smarty pants....no, it doesnt matter since we need help to get into the playoffs though we've had the easiest Jets schedule I've ever seen. Instead of getting a signature win or even beating teams we're better than we need to settle for a "signature loss" by Pittsburgh and/or Kansas City. 

This is similar to it not mattering when Fitz was in Buffalo with the ranked 7th best defense in the league because to you they "couldnt stop a nosebleed". :P

It seems like you favor stats depending on whether they benefit Fitz or not, so your words cant be trusted when it comes to "ranked" talk. 

We have 1 good team next week, another who's been wiping the floor with us the past 2 seasons along with a good Pittsburgh team that is literally standing in the way of our playoff run. Let Fitz get us into the playoffs and stop worrying about Geno given that this playoff run really shouldnt have been this complicated to begin with given the lack of talent we've faced all year. Maybe we should worry about our upcoming match-ups given that these are the games that have been our problem all year and is the reason we need "signature losses" by other teams to get into the playoffs. 

So no, it doesnt matter when you beat (some, not all) 4 win teams (Cowboys) and 5 win teams (Giants) yet even struggle while doing so. Enjoy the win, but no need to make it more than what it is with this "4th ranked" mess when just a couple days ago a 7th ranked overall defense didnt count. 

With that said though, Fitz had a really good 4th quarter from what I've seen. 

Cowboys are terrible and we struggled to win that game even tho our Defense Created 4 Turnovers ... Lmaoooo at signature win  vs a 4-9 team ? I'm just happy we won please stop the overreacting . With Tom Brady up next  beat him that would be considered a signature win 

All these gutting it out and winning 4th qtr games seems pretty "signature" to me... especially against the Giants and yes, this Cowboys game, historically games we would get our ass kicked in. 

So what's the excuse for New England then?? They play the same garbage teams and many of them are missing key players due to all kinds of freak occurrences at just the right time for them. So what's that mean?? Everyone dissing the Jets 9 wins like to slurp on their nuts so lets hear it?

If nothing else Fitz has displayed professional level QB play this season. That Dallas team has a very speedy DL and the LB's committed to stop the run. Winter was struggling with penalties. Carpenter was solid. Again.

Todd Bowles has this team well coached.

All these gutting it out and winning 4th qtr games seems pretty "signature" to me... especially against the Giants and yes, this Cowboys game, historically games we would get our ass kicked in. 

So what's the excuse for New England then?? They play the same garbage teams and many of them are missing key players due to all kinds of freak occurrences at just the right time for them. So what's that mean?? Everyone dissing the Jets 9 wins like to slurp on their nuts so lets hear it?

dissing the jets 9 wins ? How can anybody do that? 9 wins is great. I'm saying all this hype for barely beating 4-9 team isn't warranted dudes acting like we pulled out our SB by beating a team which imo we should of beaten handily..  Maybe when I hear Signature I think of huge moments. Beat the Pats next week that would be signature imo. But barely getting by a kellen Moore led team shouldn't be anything to write home about . But like I'm said I'm glad they won that's the most important thing . Not how 

Good win, but I take that #4 pass defense with a grain of salt. We saw stats like that here under Rex. When your offense can't score, the other team's offense doesn't feel the need to throw against you all that much. Dallas does have a better defense than recent opponents, however, and he stepped it up in the end. 

Cowboys are terrible and we struggled to win that game even tho our Defense Created 4 Turnovers ... Lmaoooo at signature win  vs a 4-9 team ? I'm just happy we won please stop the overreacting . With Tom Brady up next  beat him that would be considered a signature win 

The Cowboys happen to have a very good over all defense and a great pass rush ...they lose a lot of games late because they simply can't do anything on offense. They do this with just about everyone they face including Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers .... You can say the same for the Tennessee Defense yet Fitz gets the "we haven't played any winning teams" label ? Sorry but that's bullsh*t since the Cowboys have played just about everyone tough this year . Keep in mind there are only 10 winning teams in the NFL this year and a lot of teams that are good or have been good at one point or another right in the middle of the pack. NOBODY is playing a plethora of winning teams and neither are the Patriots.

Not only Did Fitz lead yet another 4th quarter comeback he did it when the Running game stunk and he did it under intense pressure WTF else do people want from this guy ???

Good win, but I take that #4 pass defense with a grain of salt. We saw stats like that here under Rex. When your offense can't score, the other team's offense doesn't feel the need to throw against you all that much. Dallas does have a better defense than recent opponents, however, and he stepped it up in the end. 

Dallas has the good pass defense because of their pass rush and they do have very good LB's who can cover underneath very well. This was not an easy win for the Jets because in this particular game the Cowboys did hold on to the ball much more than they normally do keeping the defense somewhat fresh. They were still getiing great pressure on Fitz in the 4th quarter and Fitz simply stepped up and did exactly what most here said he could not do. Its time to face the fact hes a sh*t load better than any of us thought and it all comes down to surrounding good QB's with top end talent something Fitz never benifited from his entire career

Second time in three weeks he stepped up in the fourth like that. Guy's got balls the size of the Death Star.

he stepped up in games early in the season as well when we had a rash of drops and fumbles costing us games. This team should be tied with the pats right now holding the tie breaker. We cost ourselves games as a team because now its finally being realized that Fitz was fully capable of winning those games without all the mishaps. If this team gets into the playoffs watch out.

he stepped up in games early in the season as well when we had a rash of drops and fumbles costing us games. This team should be tied with the pats right now holding the tie breaker. We cost ourselves games as a team because now its finally being realized that Fitz was fully capable of winning those games without all the mishaps. If this team gets into the playoffs watch out.

Great points!!!!

Amazing how we have defend against attacks from our own fan base and become literal apologist for their winning record.   

On second thought, are the Pats the only winning team we faced this year?

Yes. And the only one we will face in the year.

NE has only played two games so far vs. teams w. winning records, plus they'll have us again next week for a total of 3.

Carolina have only had two all season (GB, Seattle), and won't have any more.

This whole "winning teams" narrative gets very tiring after a while.

I think we got a little break when the CB on Thompkins stopped to take a dump there not hat 43 harder.  I like the fact that Fitz went to to the second guy there.  Earlier in the game I thought he was not seeing some guys wide open down the field.  And throwing off the wrong foot for no reason.  In the NFL, it really does not matter how you win or who you beat.  A win is a win is a win.

Yes. And the only one we will face in the year.

NE has only played two games so far vs. teams w. winning records, plus they'll have us again next week for a total of 3.

Carolina have only had two all season (GB, Seattle), and won't have any more.

This whole "winning teams" narrative gets very tiring after a while.

Most years there is a case for it, not this season. The NFL is awash with  terrible to mediocre teams.

Well, since you're trying to be a smarty pants....no, it doesnt matter since we need help to get into the playoffs though we've had the easiest Jets schedule I've ever seen. Instead of getting a signature win or even beating teams we're better than we need to settle for a "signature loss" by Pittsburgh and/or Kansas City. 

This is similar to it not mattering when Fitz was in Buffalo with the ranked 7th best defense in the league because to you they "couldnt stop a nosebleed". :P

It seems like you favor stats depending on whether they benefit Fitz or not, so your words cant be trusted when it comes to "ranked" talk. 

We have 1 good team next week, another who's been wiping the floor with us the past 2 seasons along with a good Pittsburgh team that is literally standing in the way of our playoff run. Let Fitz get us into the playoffs and stop worrying about Geno given that this playoff run really shouldnt have been this complicated to begin with given the lack of talent we've faced all year. Maybe we should worry about our upcoming match-ups given that these are the games that have been our problem all year and is the reason we need "signature losses" by other teams to get into the playoffs. 

So no, it doesnt matter when you beat (some, not all) 4 win teams (Cowboys) and 5 win teams (Giants) yet even struggle while doing so. Enjoy the win, but no need to make it more than what it is with this "4th ranked" mess when just a couple days ago a 7th ranked overall defense didnt count. 

With that said though, Fitz had a really good 4th quarter from what I've seen. 

Fitz is good.  

Archived