Quincy Enunwa

Villain The Foe

He is playing well for a Red Shirt rookie; He has had his share of drops (but so has Marshall who is balling for us this year)(even Decker had some drops in a few games). But I think there are 3 points here:

1) You cannot judge completely on a second year WR - some times it is obvious either good or bad; he is showing promise; if you want to build through the draft that needs to be good enough.

2) As a #3 or #4 he is playing well, and playing better than most of our WRs over the past few years; In addition to making some big plays, he does a great job blocking - not everyone on the team needs to be a HOFer

3) The way he is playing and the way Thomkins is playing, Smith is going to have a hard time making it back onto the field next year.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was compared to Boldin when he was with the Cards.  Far fetched BUT he is showing signs of improving. He will never be a complete WR like Boldin was.  His hands are very suspect.  If he can improve his tracking and hands, he definitely would be a match up problem.  He is strong, big and fast.  He needs to really work on developing soft hands this next coming off season.  Work with a ex-pro bowler like Tim Brown, Chris Carter or someone who he has ties with. Potential to be more than serviceable is there but he is as raw as an onion.   

I agree that he's raw and needs to improve his catching ability.  But I see a good deal more upside than "potential to be more than serviceable".  If he develops (and I think he's "fixable"), he can be a nightmare to match up against.  Imagine if he does develop into something along the lines of Anquan Bolden?  That would be a coup considering he was drafted in like the 4th round (or maybe 5th or 6th - I forget).

He was compared to Boldin when he was with the Cards.  Far fetched BUT he is showing signs of improving. He will never be a complete WR like Boldin was.  His hands are very suspect.  If he can improve his tracking and hands, he definitely would be a match up problem.  He is strong, big and fast.  He needs to really work on developing soft hands this next coming off season.  Work with a ex-pro bowler like Tim Brown, Chris Carter or someone who he has ties with. Potential to be more than serviceable is there but he is as raw as an onion.   

I agree. It is really awesome to see all of these guys contributing and developing. Enunwa is a little different than most WR's because he is kind of a hybrid TE due to his blocking. He causes major match up problems and like you said, if his hands get better (which they should) he is going to be a real nightmare for defenses.

I agree that he's raw and needs to improve his catching ability.  But I see a good deal more upside than "potential to be more than serviceable".  If he develops (and I think he's "fixable"), he can be a nightmare to match up against.  Imagine if he does develop into something along the lines of Anquan Bolden?  That would be a coup considering he was drafted in like the 4th round (or maybe 5th or 6th - I forget).

No doubt. But right now he has hands like a Red Lobster.  He's dropped so many passes, I didn't realize how big and fast he is.  He just doesn't get to run with the ball because he's always dropping it lol. But that quick out showed me something special.  Right now he's defiantly an athlete playing WR. Hopefully, he can get some hands.

Enunwa is making big plays and having a terrific impact as a secondary receiver.  But
in the offseason he should work with Marshall on his WR skills.  Because he does seem
to be stiff when he tries to catch the ball.  Working with Marshall could teach him
how to increase his flexibility as a big WR 

A good #3, a guy who can push up the field, and a guy who can BLOCK.  A 3rd option behind Decker and Marshall, there is NOTHING wrong with being that.

He can become a good mismatch guy, big for most corners, too fast for most LB.  And, like I said, when you go 3 or 4 wide, he blocks really well, so you can still run.

Remember Richie Anderson? He played fullback for us and had great hands out of the back field.  Quincy kind of reminds me of a faster version.  The are both about the same size and Quincy might be a better blocker and plays the H-back position (which is kind of similar to full back).  

Surprising burst? Dude ran a 4.4 flat. Also caught 115 balls and improved every season to post a 50+/750+/12 line his senior season. He's obviously raw, but there's no reason he can't become a complete receiver. Dude is athletic af. 

Exactly.  The guy is basically playing his rookie year. I bet just playing with Marshall and Decker has accelerated his learning curve; he already had the natural ability and now he is being "coached up".   I will not but a label on him because I don't know how good he can become if he continues to improve. 

He is playing well for a Red Shirt rookie; He has had his share of drops (but so has Marshall who is balling for us this year)(even Decker had some drops in a few games). But I think there are 3 points here:

1) You cannot judge completely on a second year WR - some times it is obvious either good or bad; he is showing promise; if you want to build through the draft that needs to be good enough.

2) As a #3 or #4 he is playing well, and playing better than most of our WRs over the past few years; In addition to making some big plays, he does a great job blocking - not everyone on the team needs to be a HOFer

3) The way he is playing and the way Thomkins is playing, Smith is going to have a hard time making it back onto the field next year.

The guy was a 6th round pick.  He has always been a project.  And the project appears to be working.  You can see him getting better and better each week.  No one can honestly sit here at this point and say that he wasn't a good sixth round pick.  

The guy was a 6th round pick.  He has always been a project.  And the project appears to be working.  You can see him getting better and better each week.  No one can honestly sit here at this point and say that he wasn't a good sixth round pick.  

Quincy Enunwa, Trevor Reilly, Calvin Pryor, Dexter MacDougle, Jace Amaro    That is 5 out of 12 from last years draft that are current or future contributors; I guess there is a reason to say it takes 3 years to fully judge a draft.  I will add Marcus Williams too since he as an UDFA. 

Quincy Enunwa, Trevor Reilly, Calvin Pryor, Dexter MacDougle, Jace Amaro    That is 5 out of 12 from last years draft that are current or future contributors; I guess there is a reason to say it takes 3 years to fully judge a draft.  I will add Marcus Williams too since he as an UDFA. 

I'm not too hot on Amaro or McDougle.  I hear the Jets love Enunwa and don't care much for Amaro.  

I'm not too hot on Amaro or McDougle.  I hear the Jets love Enunwa and don't care much for Amaro.  

Amaro is hurt; his rookie year he played okay; McDougle is basically a rookie and has played okay in limited action.  Again, you have to give young players a chance.  

Exactly.  The guy is basically playing his rookie year. I bet just playing with Marshall and Decker has accelerated his learning curve; he already had the natural ability and now he is being "coached up".   I will not but a label on him because I don't know how good he can become if he continues to improve. 

Getting better and better?  Coached up?  He spit up two early in the game.  I guess you can't call them all drops, but you could see his hands weren't in the right position for at least one of them.  Last week he looked better and the week before he looked worse.  Can we please give this coached up sh*t a rest?  He is a young inconsistent player.  He appears to be a hard worker, hopefully that will pay off. 

You're kidding, right?  You want to count Amaro, McDougle and Reilly as "current or future contributors"?  One guy was dropping off the depth chart like a stone before he got hurt and IR'ed.  Two of them barely play.  McDougle has played like 5% of defensive snaps, Marcus Williams and Darrin Walls are getting run ahead of him despite Revis, Cromartie, Milliner, Walls and Williams missing time.  Skrine got a concussion and ****ed up his arm and they kept trotting his ass out there before McDougle.  Reilly is playing about 8%.  He wasn't supplanting Coples.  They picked Catapano up off the street and plugged him right in ahead of Reilly and now they are playing 300+lb Sheldon Richardson at OLB before bringing Reilly in.  I hope they turn out, but things are not looking good..  A guy like Erin Henderson looks to have more of a future with this team than anybody on your list except Pryor.

Remember Richie Anderson? He played fullback for us and had great hands out of the back field.  Quincy kind of reminds me of a faster version.  The are both about the same size and Quincy might be a better blocker and plays the H-back position (which is kind of similar to full back).  

Anderson had better hands... Off Season Note To Self Quincy... WORK ON YOUR HANDS :)

Getting better and better?  Coached up?  He spit up two early in the game.  I guess you can't call them all drops, but you could see his hands weren't in the right position for at least one of them.  Last week he looked better and the week before he looked worse.  Can we please give this coached up sh*t a rest?  He is a young inconsistent player.  He appears to be a hard worker, hopefully that will pay off. 

You're kidding, right?  You want to count Amaro, McDougle and Reilly as "current or future contributors"?  One guy was dropping off the depth chart like a stone before he got hurt and IR'ed.  Two of them barely play.  McDougle has played like 5% of defensive snaps, Marcus Williams and Darrin Walls are getting run ahead of him despite Revis, Cromartie, Milliner, Walls and Williams missing time.  Skrine got a concussion and ****ed up his arm and they kept trotting his ass out there before McDougle.  Reilly is playing about 8%.  He wasn't supplanting Coples.  They picked Catapano up off the street and plugged him right in ahead of Reilly and now they are playing 300+lb Sheldon Richardson at OLB before bringing Reilly in.  I hope they turn out, but things are not looking good..  A guy like Erin Henderson looks to have more of a future with this team than anybody on your list except Pryor.

No I am not kidding.  Until I get to see Amaro fully healthy I am including him. If you don't like it that is your problem.  Reilly has been great on ST and can start in a pinch.  MacDougle is behind Williams and Walls on the depth chart so that must mean he sucks right?  Again, a young player that needs playing time and experience.  I unlike you, will give our CS time to coach these guys up, before giving up on them.  

Yes he did but you are talking about Anderson after he had been in league several years.  This Quincy's red-shirt year. 

Anderson's catching ability was the same throughout his career, from rookie to retirement... he may have refined his route running but his hands were always good... way better than Quincy.

No I am not kidding.  Until I get to see Amaro fully healthy I am including him. If you don't like it that is your problem.  Reilly has been great on ST and can start in a pinch.  MacDougle is behind Williams and Walls on the depth chart so that must mean he sucks right?  Again, a young player that needs playing time and experience.  I unlike you, will give our CS time to coach these guys up, before giving up on them.   

I am not giving up on anybody, but I would imagine that being that low on the depth chart is problematic for your NFL future.  Generally what I means is that McDougle is behind two journeymen UDFA types and Amaro was behind a 6th round WR at H-back.  McDougle should be as experienced as Marcus Williams. He just does not appear to be as well liked by the staff.  Reilly was an older rookie.  He's going to be 28 in January and I do not like him as much as you on specials  I've seen Nick Bellore and he is no Nick Bellore.

I think our Jets have a quality receiver in Enunwa that's a great last name to say after he makes a great touchdown catch or first down reception. It's great to see a young receiver play well for the future to help out Decker and Marshall when they are double teamed. It has helped the team thus far. Go Jets! The present is bright! The Future is even brighter!

Amaro is hurt; his rookie year he played okay; McDougle is basically a rookie and has played okay in limited action.  Again, you have to give young players a chance.  

Not all young guys get a chance (see Shaq Evans).  This regime has its guys.  Enunwa is one of its guys.

Amaro is soft, goofy, and lazy, unfortunately.

Didn't say he was being coached up.  I said he's getting better and better, which is true.  It's probably due to all he reps he's getting.  He's been making plays almost every week lately.  

I also realize that everyone would be calling for him to be cut had the Jets lost that game after he misplayed that long ball in the fourth quarter.

Archived