Quincy Enunwa

Villain The Foe

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of the two "WR's" with names difficult to pronounce I was intrigued with Owuso more so than Enunwa... Too bad he is injured.

Owusu is/was a concussion waiting to happen. The guy had been concussed about 5 times already; he probably should retire at this point. 

Say what you want about the drop in the 4th quarter, but the speed on that catch and run in overtime, that is exciting to see from such a big guy.  JMO.

We call it a drop but it really was him not extending for the ball or seeing it properly.   I think that was his inexperience showing; but his talent is really starting to show through as well.  After that catch and run, his confidence must be sky high right now. 

Correlates with the Pryor injury...I'd say we need them both 

Enunwa is a JAG... he proved again twice today why he's not a natural receiver - and will always be a backup. Not saying he can't make stuff happen when the ball's in his hands (or he wouldn't be in the NFL) but the guy can't catch for sh*t

Enunwa is a JAG... he proved again twice today why he's not a natural receiver - and will always be a backup. Not saying he can't make stuff happen when the ball's in his hands (or he wouldn't be in the NFL) but the guy can't catch for sh*t

Not true at all. His role is sort of a hybrid TE/WR/OL role or true HB role and he is pretty exceptional at it. Developing as a receiver takes a while and he is essentially a rookie.

Well I made an Enunwa jersey out of my Keller jersey, and we haven't lost since...Can't argue with that. 

That's why he was a sixth round pick.  230 pound guys with that kind of speed and strength are first or second rounders if they can catch.  That said, he's clearly getting better at catching the ball.  

Not true at all. His role is sort of a hybrid TE/WR/OL role or true HB role and he is pretty exceptional at it. Developing as a receiver takes a while and he is essentially a rookie.

100% true. Are you kidding? He's not a natural receiver. You're own argument supports that. He's being labeled as an Hback which has been largely eliminated from modern offenses. He lines up as a receiver half the time. When he's asked to run tight hitches off the line, yea, he's OK. which is why he's on the team. When he's asked to fullfil the role of a receiver, running stretch plays down the field?... He doesn't adjust, catch or know how to position himself. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his role on the team, but he's not a reliable answer in the receiving game. 

What is our record with Enunwa in the game? 9-2? He is a HUGE part of our offense, he is an exceptional blocker. He is one of the more important Jets. His receiving skills which are very much improving are all a bonus.

Agreed.  I get a "poor man's TO" vibe from him.  He has moments where he's beastly.

100% true. Are you kidding? He's not a natural receiver. You're own argument supports that. He's being labeled as an Hback which has been largely eliminated from modern offenses. He lines up as a receiver half the time. When he's asked to run tight hitches off the line, yea, he's OK. which is why he's on the team. When he's asked to fullfil the role of a receiver, running stretch plays down the field?... He doesn't adjust, catch or know how to position himself. 

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate his role on the team, but he's not a reliable answer in the receiving game. 

He is basically in his rookie year. Do you think he can improve in those areas if he works hard and stays focused? 

he still needs some work on his technique and how he places his hands.  Big, fast, tough, maybe smart-- as opposed to Stephen Hilll --big, fast, dumb, untough 

Seriously?

He looks like the most promising WR prospect we've had since Cotch, but that's just me.

Seriously?

He looks like the most promising WR prospect we've had since Cotch, but that's just me.

Absolutely, seriously.

Look I don't want to detract from the win today - that was balls out the best game i've had the pleasure of sitting through in a few years.... but it was a game that should have been over... twice. Enunwa has already shown me enough to know that he'll always be a role player. He's a capable of making some big plays once he gets the ball in his hands, but he's never going to be successful lining up as a tradition X or Z receiver. He's a physical specimen playing football. Not a receiver playing football. 

It's a lot like Brad Smith when he was with us. The guy could make plays, and carved out a niche, but he was never going to be a legit Split end, or flanker.  

He's really still a rookie, after being on IR all last year. So it's way too early to call him a jag. That's just foolish.

So I guess he just got lucky in Dallas on that catch at the end of the game?

He's really still a rookie, after being on IR all last year. So it's way too early to call him a jag. That's just foolish.

Fine I take that back. He's not a JAG per say, but he's definitely a role player. I certainly wouldn't expect him to overtake anyone ever as your top 3 WRs.. the system we're playing in, puts him on the field about 5x more often then he'd end up on the field playing elsewhere. 

If he hadn't of redeem himself with that excellent catch and run today, there'd be a mob in this thread right now. 

Absolutely, seriously.

Look I don't want to detract from the win today - that was balls out the best game i've had the pleasure of sitting through in a few years.... but it was a game that should have been over... twice. Enunwa has already shown me enough to know that he'll always be a role player. He's a capable of making some big plays once he gets the ball in his hands, but he's never going to be successful lining up as a tradition X or Z receiver. He's a physical specimen playing football. Not a receiver playing football. 

It's a lot like Brad Smith when he was with us. The guy could make plays, and carved out a niche, but he was never going to be a legit Split end, or flanker.  

If you can develop him into a #3 wr who catches 45-60 balls a year, I think you would take that. 

I would.

He doesn't have to be a star, just be a nfl caliber receiver, something we haven't developed in forever.

If you can develop him into a #3 wr who catches 45-60 balls a year, I think you would take that. 

I would.

He doesn't have to be a star, just be a nfl caliber receiver, something we haven't developed in forever.

I'll take that in a heartbeat, but I think more than likely, he'll be a role player whose field time would diminish considerably should Chan ever move on. I like him as that 4th WR/HB who can be a part of redzone and flex packages. We still need to seek out that successor behind Marshall/Decker. Smith has a ways to go. I'd be thrilled to grab a Coleman, or Robinson in the draft this year. 

He is basically in his rookie year. Do you think he can improve in those areas if he works hard and stays focused? 

Fine I take that back. He's not a JAG per say, but he's definitely a role player. I certainly wouldn't expect him to overtake anyone ever as your top 3 WRs.. the system we're playing in, puts him on the field about 5x more often then he'd end up on the field playing elsewhere. 

If he hadn't of redeem himself with that excellent catch and run today, there'd be a mob in this thread right now. 

I always knew he was fast, but we saw a second gear today.  No one was catching him from behind in OT.  The Pats are lucky they had a guy down the field who was able to get in front of him, otherwise that was an 80 yard TD.

I would.

A good #3, a guy who can push up the field, and a guy who can BLOCK.  A 3rd option behind Decker and Marshall, there is NOTHING wrong with being that.

He can become a good mismatch guy, big for most corners, too fast for most LB.  And, like I said, when you go 3 or 4 wide, he blocks really well, so you can still run.

I've seen enough from Enunwa to say he is not a natural receiver.  He fights the ball and frankly simply doesn't have great hand/eye coordination.  He's ripped as all hell - sounds like he is a fantastic blocker for his position. 

But frankly, he makes me nervous every time he's out there.  It's not my gut, it's observing him drop several big balls almost every game he's had decent PT in.

Great win today. He had a really surprising burst on that overtime catch but I want him pushed down the depth chart quite a bit next season.  I want him at #5-6.

Agreed.  I get a "poor man's TO" vibe from him.  He has moments where he's beastly.

He was compared to Boldin when he was with the Cards.  Far fetched BUT he is showing signs of improving. He will never be a complete WR like Boldin was.  His hands are very suspect.  If he can improve his tracking and hands, he definitely would be a match up problem.  He is strong, big and fast.  He needs to really work on developing soft hands this next coming off season.  Work with a ex-pro bowler like Tim Brown, Chris Carter or someone who he has ties with. Potential to be more than serviceable is there but he is as raw as an onion.   

I'll take that in a heartbeat, but I think more than likely, he'll be a role player whose field time would diminish considerably should Chan ever move on. I like him as that 4th WR/HB who can be a part of redzone and flex packages. We still need to seek out that successor behind Marshall/Decker. Smith has a ways to go. I'd be thrilled to grab a Coleman, or Robinson in the draft this year. 

We have way to many needs to take a WR that high in the draft. OT, RB, LB's, are the priority.  

We have way to many needs to take a WR that high in the draft. OT, RB, LB's, are the priority.  

it's that kind of mentality that put us in the hole the last few years...  Understand, I'm not advocating that WR is top priority, but striking that position off the draft wish list is not prudent. I agree, the 3 you've listed are at the top of the grocery list, but you have to play the board how it shakes out.  

Archived