Rex, still had nothing to do with the roster, but yea...

Integrity28

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well we didn't have jack and sh-t at WR in 2012 that's why.

Which makes the idea that he hated the pick, wanted to go defense at the time of the draft even more of a total crock of self serving shlt that Rex always comes up with when draft picks, games or schemes don't go his way. 

Sixth and seventh round picks. Big story. 

Also, no one ever said Rex had no say in the draft/with the roster. 

Totally agree.   So what if he lobbied for some late rounders?   Actually, taking a QB late, I never have a problem with that. 

Earth shattering news. 

How about we give him some credit for drafting/signing Snacks, Mo n Sheldon and wanting JJ Watt? That's some talent he drafted/wanted. 

I think it's time we get off his back. He took us to two straight AFCCGs. That's a little more success than any Jets coach in the  last 45 years. Speaks volume. I'm glad we had him n glad we got rid of him when we did. 

Earth shattering news. 

How about we give him some credit for drafting/signing Snacks, Mo n Sheldon and wanting JJ Watt? That's some talent he drafted/wanted. 

I think it's time we get off his back. He took us to two straight AFCCGs. That's a little more success than any Jets coach in the  last 45 years. Speaks volume. I'm glad we had him n glad we got rid of him when we did. 

Hmmmm, interesting, let me think about this for a minute and I will get back to you....

OK,I thought about it......

How about NO!!!

Hmmmm, interesting, let me think about this for a minute and I will get back to you....

OK,I thought about it......

How about NO!!!

The Rex vendetta by so many makes me think he must have been doing someone's mother 

Maybe, or maybe we hate the joke of a team he turned us into while blaming on everyone else, and throwing everyone under the bus?

One question. How did Mac inherent all that cap space if Rex was the only one at falt. Sorry but Tanny and Idzick were far more at fault than Rex. This is not an excuse for Rex just a fact.

One question. How did Mac inherent all that cap space if Rex was the only one at falt. Sorry but Tanny and Idzick were far more at fault than Rex. This is not an excuse for Rex just a fact.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

not trying to antagonize but under your name you have"call it like it be" and this is your response. Rex needed to go but so did all the others. Plenty of blame to go around. Snotty deserved to be road kill. Sporano did not work ( remember he ran the run offense for Bill in Dallas and had some credibility) . Marty was looked at as someone capable of developing a QB and was not successful. So the wheels on the bus go round and round.

REX RYAN BUILT THIS TEAM!!!!! and not only that, had he the same personnel to work with that Bowles was given, his team would already BE a playoff team, and possibly, no probably with a first round bye. Todd Bowles is chocolate chip cookie eating know-nothing fool who is riding Rex's rather substantial old shirttails. There's a reason why coach Ryan's name keeps coming up again and again, whether it be here, on Twitter, or in the newspaper medium in blogs and columns written by such unbiased sources as Manish Mehta. You people are afraid of the truth!!! What nobody has written about though is the sabotage plot that backfired. Here it is folks, being told for the first time right here on JetNation.

It seems that one; I.K. Enemkpali ( a Jets 6th round pick in 2014) was paid " a substantial amount of money" and given "promises and assurances" that he would be picked up by Rex's new team in Buffalo in case he was cut afterwards. In what was essentially an act of sports terrorism, Enemkpali was told to "take out Geno Smith" by punching him in the mouth thus ruining the Jets season even before takeoff!!!! But like the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber before him, this potential bombshell was also a dud.

So while another Ryan apparently blessed with the luck of the Irish came to the Jets rescue REX Ryan was seen twisting the end of his moustache like Snidely Whiplash and heard hissing under his breath saying; "Curses!! Foiled again!"

The Rex vendetta by so many makes me think he must have been doing someone's mother 

My mother is street smart, she doesn't need me to protect her from predators... the Jets and Woody Johnson on the other hand...

REX RYAN BUILT THIS TEAM!!!!! and not only that, had he the same personnel to work with that Bowles was given, his team would already BE a playoff team, and possibly, no probably with a first round bye. Todd Bowles is chocolate chip cookie eating know-nothing fool who is riding Rex's rather substantial old shirttails. There's a reason why coach Ryan's name keeps coming up again and again, whether it be here, on Twitter, or in the newspaper medium in blogs and columns written by such unbiased sources as Manish Mehta. You people are afraid of the truth!!! What nobody has written about though is the sabotage plot that backfired. Here it is folks, being told for the first time right here on JetNation.

It seems that one; I.K. Enemkpali ( a Jets 6th round pick in 2014) was paid " a substantial amount of money" and given "promises and assurances" that he would be picked up by Rex's new team in Buffalo in case he was cut afterwards. In what was essentially an act of sports terrorism, Enemkpali was told to "take out Geno Smith" by punching him in the mouth thus ruining the Jets season even before takeoff!!!! But like the underwear bomber and the shoe bomber before him, this potential bombshell was also a dud.

So while another Ryan apparently blessed with the luck of the Irish came to the Jets rescue REX Ryan was seen twisting the end of his moustache like Snidely Whiplash and heard hissing under his breath saying; "Curses!! Foiled again!"

link?

not trying to antagonize but under your name you have"call it like it be" and this is your response. Rex needed to go but so did all the others. Plenty of blame to go around. Snotty deserved to be road kill. Sporano did not work ( remember he ran the run offense for Bill in Dallas and had some credibility) . Marty was looked at as someone capable of developing a QB and was not successful. So the wheels on the bus go round and round.

Idzik was only here because of Rex. Rex hired Sporano and Marty. Tannenbaum built the team that Rex took to some success. They ALL needed to go, Rex was the absolute mofo'n worst of them all, and a complete and utter disgrace on top of it all.

Idzik was only here because of Rex. Rex hired Sporano and Marty. Tannenbaum built the team that Rex took to some success. They ALL needed to go, Rex was the absolute mofo'n worst of them all, and a complete and utter disgrace on top of it all.

It's like his footsie videos have been hidden/forgotten by media like he is a politician or something being protected.. Remember the one with a guy stroking her feet with Rex behind camera giving directions? yechhhhhhhh

Just my opinion but Rex was not the worst of them. Tanny and Idzick are more to blame they controlled the purce strings. It is often said to solve the crime follow the money 

Which makes the idea that he hated the pick, wanted to go defense at the time of the draft even more of a total crock of self serving shlt that Rex always comes up with when draft picks, games or schemes don't go his way. 

Did you read this somewhere or surmising?  I mean, it's certainly feasible that Rex would be given a lot of power after those 2 AFC CGs.  And it sure seemed like Rex was liked by Woody as he outlasted a GM and was seemingly given every chance but kept missing the playoffs.  But that alone doesn't necessarily mean that Rex was truly given that kind of power ("we're going D in the 1st round").  If he did have that power though I'm thinking his idea was to build a 2000 Ravens defense that overpowered teams on its way to the title.

no him and Bradway were lobbying for Russel Wilson but we had Sanchez and Tebowmania

Just my opinion but Rex was not the worst of them. Tanny and Idzick are more to blame they controlled the purce strings. It is often said to solve the crime follow the money 

what happened was the roster got old and Tanenbaum wasn't a skilled enough GM to figure out how to rebuild.  Idzik was just totally incompetent and over his head any poster on this website literally would have done a better job last year

what happened was the roster got old and Tanenbaum wasn't a skilled enough GM to figure out how to rebuild.  Idzik was just totally incompetent and over his head any poster on this website literally would have done a better job last year

Tanny and Idzick both tried to replace players on the cheap. Went with the high risk high reward philosophy. Both went with unproven players with upside or players come off injury with upside. All this was cheaper and how Mac ended up with all that cap space

Tanny and Idzick both tried to replace players on the cheap. Went with the high risk high reward philosophy. Both went with unproven players with upside or players come off injury with upside. All this was cheaper and how Mac ended up with all that cap space

I love Rex fan history, it's the bestest evah!

Mac had a ton of cap room but also pulled off two incredible trades.  He turned a 5th and a 7th into Marshall and Fitz.

It is so good to have a real GM now.

Rex has done a lousy job this year but that's true.  Todd Bowles isn't one win away from the playoffs with Kyle Wilson and Phillip Adams starting at CB this season.

Rex has done a lousy job for 5 straight years now, he is living off of lucking his ass off in back to back years with a very talented roster.

I love Rex fan history, it's the bestest evah!

Not Rex fan history it's Jets history. When Kenndel left and Woody was released what quality players replaced them. When Chotchery left what quality player replaced him. When Revise and Cromartie left where did the Jets turn. These are just a few examples maybe the most glaring.It all came down to money not spent or spent wisely. Hence Mac reaped the rewards. As I said just follow the money trail.

Not Rex fan history it's Jets history. When Kenndel left and Woody was released what quality players replaced them. When Chotchery left what quality player replaced him. When Revise and Cromartie left where did the Jets turn. These are just a few examples maybe the most glaring.It all came down to money not spent or spent wisely. Hence Mac reaped the rewards. As I said just follow the money trail.

Rex convinced himself and then everyone in the building that he was going to win a SB by recreating the 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens defense. He spent all the high draft picks on defense, and let the good offensive players go to try to build up the defense. They amazingly had no money to pay WR's or OL, but found money to go after Namdi. He convinced himself that Sanchez was good enough to carry an offense by himself. Rex convinced them all they were in a championship window, which they werent, that is why they got into cap problems.

Mac had a ton of cap room but also pulled off two incredible trades.  He turned a 5th and a 7th into Marshall and Fitz.

It is so good to have a real GM now.

Got Fitz cheap yes good trade for Marshall, but had to redue his contract. Give real credit to Mac for what he built. Payed up for players but got contacts that were cap friendly. Lone exception may be the Revise contract that said has anyone ever gotten a Cap friendly contract. Belichek maybe butRevice was chasing a ring.

You might wanna check your facts there. 

Rex has done a lousy job for 5 straight years now, he is living off of lucking his ass off in back to back years with a very talented roster.

If I gave you a list of our roster, would you be able to spot the changes or would you still be a blind Rex hater? Either way you put it, you have proven you had a hard-on for Tanny. 

Mac inherited that cap space because because Idzik had a plan. Idzik's problem was he just couldn't draft for sh*t. Rex doesn't know how to develop talent, that is a big part of a coaches job. How many players developed under Rex that weren't first rounders? Snacks, maybe. Not much to eating up blockers and being heavy.

Mac inherited that cap space because because Idzik had a plan. Idzik's problem was he just couldn't draft for sh*t. Rex doesn't know how to develop talent, that is a big part of a coaches job. How many players developed under Rex that weren't first rounders? Snacks, maybe. Not much to eating up blockers and being heavy.

If Idzik had done a better job with draft picks he would have had this year to spend the cap space.

Archived