Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

3 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Geno matured last year....you saw it in practice   

If this statement isn't clear enough for you then so be it.  I'm satisfied that his HC saw improvement.

missing the whole point.  the jets are in pre-draft mode.  they're trying to convince teams they are not in the market for a qb early on.  everyone has floyd or spence going to them in the 1st round.  they're looking at rg3, kap and fitz is still an option.  geno is an option.  i say it's all a big smokescreen, they're in it for lynch or goff (if goff falls, or if they deal mo for picks) and are playing this just perfectly.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

You mean the playoff games he won that Mangini couldn't?? And that was with a rookie and 2nd year Sanchez.. Poor Mangini had Chad and Farve, the same Chad that went to the 1-15 Fins and won the Brady less East in 2008..LOL Rex also had the top running game and Defense something Mangini never did.. Again sorry Dcat I'm just using facts which you sadly can't do..:) 

If Rex was so great, the team wouldn't have disintegrated before our eyes the way it did.  And this you can't deny with any of your cherry-picked facts (all of which do not prove your point that rex was any good).  The slow, extremely painful collapse of the Jets under Rex, is a fact that not even you can spin to blame on others. It didn't matter who the GM was.  Good luck trying, cause it's not going to be any better than all the other feeble attempts to shift the blame onto anyone but the one person who is to blame for ruining the team. 

You saw what Rex did to the Bills last year.  You think this year will be any better?  Rex is a brutal HC.  He's not particularly smart, he is extremely child-like in demeanor and immature.  I could go on and on, but in the end, for some inexplicable reason, Rex apologists like you will never admit to his being a horror show.  Ask Bills fans how they feel.  They can't stand him now.  And that's a fact.   Two teams in a row?  No coincidence.   

Just now, Dcat said:

If Rex was so great, the team wouldn't have disintegrated before our eyes the way it did.  And this you can't deny with any of your cherry-picked facts (all of which do not prove your point that rex was any good).  The slow, extremely painful collapse of the Jets under Rex, is a fact that not even you can spin to blame on others. It didn't matter who the GM was.  Good luck trying, cause it's not going to be any better than all the other feeble attempts to shift the blame onto anyone but the one person who is to blame for ruining the team. 

You saw what Rex did to the Bills last year.  You think this year will be any better?  Rex is a brutal HC.  He's not particularly smart, he is extremely child-like in demeanor and immature.  I could go on and on, but in the end, for some inexplicable reason, Rex apologists like you will never admit to his being a horror show.  Ask Bills fans how they feel.  They can't stand him now.  And that's a fact.   Two teams in a row?  No coincidence.   

I said Rex has a lot to learn plus I'm very happy with Bowles who is more like the prototype HC that people are used to.. I'm not apologizing for Rex I just give him credit for what he did.. I've been a Titan/Jet fan since they started and I have seen bigger horror shows then the 6 years Rex was the HC.. 

15 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If this statement isn't clear enough for you then so be it.  I'm satisfied that his HC saw improvement.

Maybe improvement in his maturity but never said anything about his play which is what the original statement made it seem like what the HC was saying. 

1 hour ago, BowlesMovement said:

Couple of things, first, Geno came in during MM's first year, so he had MM for both of his first two seasons, Sanchez had Schitty and Sporano, Geno only had MM and now Gailey.

I don't really want to debate the punk term, I could have said he carried himself like a "dick", a punk, choose your word. Either way, its subjective, and up to individuals to interpret it. I compare him to Cutler personally. If you think he carried himself well, your obviously entitled to your opinion, as everyone else is too.

I think everyone was at least somewhat intrigued to see what he could do with Marshall, Decker and a decent OC. That said, I put plenty of blame on him in the IK situation, and although he absolutely did not deserve to get punched, his part in the situation plays into what many people think of him.

He will get another shot at some point, whether with the Jets or someone else, physically talented QB's always do. I hope he did learn from his situation, and has grown and matured. He is just a kid, and football is entertainment.

Fair enough Bowles.  Good post. 

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

LMFAO - funny how little Cheatriots fans remember anything before Brady.  Your team scored 7 TD's that postseason, Curtis scored 5 of them. 

He was your offense on the drive that should that have put you guys back in the game in the Super Bowl...then the very next kick off, Desmond took it to the house.

It never ceases to amaze me how much more I know about the Cheatriots than their "fans". 

Cumar was a great 3rd rd pick for the Pats however for a 1st and 3rd pick and the huge paycheck that he cost the Jets not so much..:(

12 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Maybe improvement in his maturity but never said anything about his play which is what the original statement made it seem like what the HC was saying. 

Well considering the fact that he only played in practice it is logical to assume he meant practice as well.  However, since I guess it doesn't fit your agenda, you have to cherry pick and over analyze this to death.  Bottom line is this; if he is on the team, and we don't resign Fitz or acquire Kaep, it is safe to assume he will be the favorite to win the starting job. That is really is all that matters at this point. 

LMFAO - funny how little Cheatriots fans remember anything before Brady.  Your team scored 7 TD's that postseason, Curtis scored 5 of them. 

He was your offense on the drive that should that have put you guys back in the game in the Super Bowl...then the very next kick off, Desmond took it to the house.

It never ceases to amaze me how much more I know about the Cheatriots than their "fans". 

And it never ceases to amaze me how Jets fans can think a friggn' RB is more important than a QB.

No wonder it has been 47 years and still counting.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And it never ceases to amaze me how Jets fans can think a friggn' RB is more important than a QB.

I'll take, "words that have never been utter by a Jets fan, especially JiF", Alex. 

21 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Cumar was a great 3rd rd pick for the Pats however for a 1st and 3rd pick and the huge paycheck that he cost the Jets not so much..:(

What Jets player can you attribute the turn around to during that era?  And who has appeared in more playoff games? 

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Funny the Bills beat us twice last year with a 5th rd QB who had never started before had 20 tds and 6 picks and completed 63% of his passes how is that devolving?? Are you saying Rex is learning from his mistakes?? :)

What does any of this have to do with Rex developing a QB?  That he gave the job to a 5th year pro means he developed him????

So did Bowles develop Fitz?  

And if Rex learned from his mistakes how come the guy he planned on being his QB sucked and was cut?  And EJ, did he also develop?

Rex had the 5th player in the draft and couldnt develop him, then had a QB that some had in the top 10 and couldnt develop him and finally had success with a QB that Harbaughs staff developed, not Rex's

Just now, JiF said:

What Jets player can you attribute the turn around to during that era?  And who has appeared in more playoff games? 

The turn around was Vinny, in 1998 Cumar avg 3.5 ypc and had 14 yds rushing in the AFCCG.. Do you realize in Martins first 6 seasons he avg less then 4 ypc in half of them?? A RB that did turn a team around was Terrell Davis in his short run with the Bronco's.. Without him Elway doesn't retire with 2 Bowl wins..

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

The turn around was Vinny, in 1998 Cumar avg 3.5 ypc and had 14 yds rushing in the AFCCG.. Do you realize in Martins first 6 seasons he avg less then 4 ypc in half of them?? A RB that did turn a team around was Terrell Davis in his short run with the Bronco's.. Without him Elway doesn't retire with 2 Bowl wins..

Vinny made the playoffs one year, Curtis continued and appeared in the most, he ended up being the league leading rusher and is a HOF'er. 

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I said Rex has a lot to learn plus I'm very happy with Bowles who is more like the prototype HC that people are used to.. I'm not apologizing for Rex I just give him credit for what he did.. I've been a Titan/Jet fan since they started and I have seen bigger horror shows then the 6 years Rex was the HC.. 

I'm not as old as you, but I began going to games at Shea in 1966.  Don't remember the Titans. But i do remember every damned coach since Weeb.  

Rex had better results than all of them, including Parcells, in those first 2 years, and I credit him for coaching the team to that.  But he did so with another regime's roster and showed us AFTER those two fun years that he was wholly capable of destroying a good thing from personnel to player discipline, to player development, to locker room harmony.    He certainly turned the Jets back into a comical farce of a team.  

But he strutted about like some entitled guy and I never understood that. Rex thrived on his lack of accountability.  He got guys like you to always blame the results of his shortcomings on others.  No one does that better than Rex. He painted bullseyes on the backs of his players like no other coach the Jets ever had (or anywhere else in the league for that matter), and said damaging things to the press to such a degree, again unlike any other Jets HC of the past, even the unintentionally funny Herm Edwards.  Rex definitely brought some unique elements to the concept of "sucking as a head coach" unlike any other Jets HC of the past and I would say his immaturity and lack of leadership abilities were his downfall here.  His two playoff appearances are all that separate him from being as bad as the other Jets HCs.  26-38 in his last 4 years without breaking .500 once and of course not within sniffing distance of the playoffs.  Hey, but he did tell us often about his "top NFL defense".   

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

What does any of this have to do with Rex developing a QB?  That he gave the job to a 5th year pro means he developed him????

So did Bowles develop Fitz?  

And if Rex learned from his mistakes how come the guy he planned on being his QB sucked and was cut?  And EJ, did he also develop?

I was busting chops is that ok with you?? BTW obviously Fitz had a history with Chan but you know that.. Most defensive minded HC's don't have alot to do with developing QB's they hire offensive staff to handle that and you know that as well..

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'm not as old as you, but I began going to games at Shea in 1966.  Don't remember the Titans. But i do remember every damned coach since Weeb.  

Rex had better results than all of them, including Parcells, in those first 2 years, and I credit him for coaching the team to that.  But he did so with another regime's roster and showed us AFTER those two fun years that he was wholly capable of destroying a good thing from personnel to player discipline, to player development, to locker room harmony.    He certainly turned the Jets back into a comical farce of a team.  

But he strutted about like some entitled guy and I never understood that. Rex thrived on his lack of accountability.  He got guys like you to always blame the results of his shortcomings on others.  No one does that better than Rex. He painted bullseyes on the backs of his players like no other coach the Jets ever had (or anywhere else in the league for that matter), and said damaging things to the press to such a degree, again unlike any other Jets HC of the past, even the unintentionally funny Herm Edwards.  Rex definitely brought some unique elements to the concept of "sucking as a head coach" unlike any other Jets HC of the past and I would say his immaturity and lack of leadership abilities were his downfall here.  His two playoff appearances are all that separate him from being as bad as the other Jets HCs.  26-38 in his last 4 years without breaking .500 once and of course not within sniffing distance of the playoffs.  Hey, but he did tell us often about his "top NFL defense".   

I can agree with that but Rex is gone and I'm very happy with Bowles and look to the future and a successful Jet era.. But maybe that's just me..:)

5 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Please post a link to this.  Please show where anyone from the Jets ever said this, please. 

For the life of me I just can not understand how anyone could have watched the games that Geno started and not think he was just terrible.  He was rated the worst QB in football those two years.  What more do you need to know.

You need to know enough about the game to understand that rookies and 2nd year QBs struggle big time when they enter the NFL.  Even under the best of circumstances they stuggle big time.  Few, a handful dont.  And those usually come from a NFL, pro style college offense.  You have to take into account Geno played with probably the worst talent on offense that we've ever seen.  Anywhere.  You would understand that no one would do well under those circumstances.

You have to also understand that the same learning curve everyone, everywhere said Petty needs in going from a spread offense to a pro style offense  applies to Geno, who ran the same offense in college. No one wants to throw Petty out as our starting QB in his 2nd season, didnt want him to play in his rookie year; most want him to have 3 full years of development.  But Geno doesnt get the same understanding.  Not even close, he sucks, is stupid, a punk blah, blah, blah.  Good for everyone who doesnt see the point, is so thick that all they do is repeat he sucks.  

9 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I was busting chops is that ok with you?? BTW obviously Fitz had a history with Chan but you know that.. Most defensive minded HC's don't have alot to do with developing QB's they hire offensive staff to handle that and you know that as well..

Speaking of hiring assistants and position coaches, would you regard Rex as very strong in his selections or weak?  Now granted, Schotty and Cavanugh were forced on Rex and as much as the two of them were criticized, ironically, Rex had his best results with them.   And he did inherit Westhoff. When Westhoff left, how did Rex do picking a new ST HC?  How about the assistants and position coaches  he brought in on both sides of the ball?  Ask them this in Buffalo and see what kind of responses you might get.  

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

I actually used Fitz as a point in Bowles had nothing to do with his development.

You've become very sensitive to who responds to you and what they say.  Its not serious here, especially if you're going to constantly defend Rex, who you know is pretty much hated here

Vinny made the playoffs one year, Curtis continued and appeared in the most, he ended up being the league leading rusher and is a HOF'er. 

CuMar was a compiler due to longevity.

He was not an impact RB like Earl Campbell, Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

you just love to make stuff up? 

Name the Jets fans here who have said such a thing?

Stop it.  If you troll, do so with intelligence and wit.  This is just dumbass.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

when that QB is Drew Bledsoe you can understand why.  

1 hour ago, Savage69 said:

Curtis was playing hurt that 1998 season but he was still the focal point of defenses which opened up the pass game for Vinny to have the best ever season for a Jets QB.

show me any holes in that 1998 championship game?

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Geno got his face broken after practice.

Writing on the WALL for MORE CAP SPACE?

LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson has not been contacted by anyone in the Jets' coaching staff or front office since the end of last season.

That's a strange way to treat a three-time Pro Bowler who has only missed one snap in his 10-year NFL career. Head coach Todd Bowles was noncommittal about Ferguson's roster status earlier this week and it's clear the team wants him to take a pay cut. Ferguson's effectiveness has waned in recent years but the Jets don't have an obvious in-house replacement at left tackle. The cold war between Ferguson and the Jets is just beginning.

Mar 23 - 5:10 PM

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Speaking of hiring assistants and position coaches, would you regard Rex as very strong in his selections or weak?  Now granted, Schotty and Cavanugh were forced on Rex and as much as the two of them were criticized, ironically, Rex had his best results with them.   And he did inherit Westhoff. When Westhoff left, how did Rex do picking a new ST HC?  How about the assistants and position coaches  he brought in on both sides of the ball?  Ask them this in Buffalo and see what kind of responses you might get.  

Schotty and Cavanugh weren't forced on Rex he asked Schotty to stay because he had no clue when it came to the offensive side.. Rex for the most part sucked at assembling his staff and that's on him..

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I actually used Fitz as a point in Bowles had nothing to do with his development.

You've become very sensitive to who responds to you and what they say.  Its not serious here, especially if you're going to constantly defend Rex, who you know is pretty much hated here

I'm not sensitive to others it's just you like Warfish said your always looking to argue and most of us are wise to you..:ph34r:

Archived