Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

How are you going to get him right now?  As the Cleveland GM I want a 3rd round pick, you up for it?  (Or you could be smart and just wait until any one of a number of of these vet so so Qb's get cut and grab them for free comp wise and probably save money on the contract as well.)

browns got rg3 they already made in known they are not going to keep mcCown so I am sure you can him for a late round pick which I would do today-yes you can wait and maybe get him for nothing but I would sign him now at a late round pick -use him this year and see what happens with petty and geno

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Absolutely no one on this site thinks Fitz is a great great franchise Qb.  He is much much better than Geno Smith however and that's where the article falls flat on it's ass.  i loved the line about them both being turnover prone but Geno has a better arm thus he's a better alternative.

I think Geno would've done better honestly with the weapons we have.  Geno never had any good weapons around him.  

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

browns got rg3 they already made in known they are not going to keep mcCown so I am sure you can him for a late round pick which I would do today-yes you can wait and maybe get him for nothing but I would sign him now at a late round pick -use him this year and see what happens with petty and geno

The Jets can pick him up when he's released.  Not necessary to trade anything for him.

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Absolutely no one on this site thinks Fitz is a great great franchise Qb.  He is much much better than Geno Smith however and that's where the article falls flat on it's ass.  i loved the line about them both being turnover prone but Geno has a better arm thus he's a better alternative.

The Geno love here is baffling to me. No matter what happens with the Jets QB situation in 2016, Geno Smith will NOT be a viable option.  It would be career suicide for the GM and coach to hang their hat on Geno Smith, and that is why retreads like McCown and Hoyer, and disappointments like Kaepernick and RG3 are all in play.  This is telling us that the management team would rather have just about anyone else play QB for the Jets in 2016 other than Geno Smith.

On March 23, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Sperm Edwards said:

Or because, unlike last year with the gift-from-the-gods schedule, by some point in November we may already be looking for help from other teams to get an opportunity to play for a WC spot.

On paper (before further injuries, roster changes, or unexpectedly bad play), compared to last year our matchups this season look nothing short of brutal. Last year's ended up being far easier than it looked to be on April 1, but the Jets never get that lucky twice in a row, and I think it's giving many a false sense of security in continuing a trend of improvement: it's unlikely we'd have won 10 games - maybe not 8 games - if we played our 2016 opponents last year. The 2 differently-scheduled opponents, based on the prior year's record, look like a bigger opponent-upgrade than usual. That's on top of opponents that couldn't possibly be as bad as last year, even if they still aren't necessarily good (Miami x2, Colts, Baltimore, SF). As of today, though, Cleveland looks like they'll be every bit as bad as 2015 though, lol.

Depending on how the schedule lays out in the first half of the season, it isn't at all far-fetched to see us 3-5 or even 2-6 at the midway point. So I'd say no matter who ends up as the starter to open the season, even if we re-sign Fitzpatrick, the #2 (or maybe the #3) shouldn't get too comfortable holding a clipboard.

There is no alternate world where Geno is successful as much as all you Jets fans say. He is just not average and will be just like Sanchez for his entire NFL career whether you accept it or not. You guys probably think Sanchez is going to do something in Denver? I assure you Sanchez is not even a game manager so stop dreaming. I guess a few more years of reality will dig into that stubbornness. Geno does not have leadership skills regardless of what you think. No other QB in the history of the NFL has gotten his jaw broken by his own player. You can blame Ike for that all you want. Ge-no did not earn e respect required for a QB or team captain. There is nothing more Geno has not shown about his game.  His game is weak and always will be!!!  The end.

image.png

17 minutes ago, Goinggreen said:

There is no alternate world where Geno is successful as much as all you Jets fans say. He is just not average and will be just like Sanchez for his entire NFL career whether you accept it or not. You guys probably think Sanchez is going to do something in Denver? I assure you Sanchez is not even a game manager so stop dreaming. I guess a few more years of reality will dig into that stubbornness. Geno does not have leadership skills regardless of what you think. No other QB in the history of the NFL has gotten his jaw broken by his own player. You can blame Ike for that all you want. Ge-no did not earn e respect required for a QB or team captain. There is nothing more Geno has not shown about his game.  His game is weak and always will be!!!  The end.

image.png

If Mark is the starter he will play very just as he did for us when we had some talent and just as he did in Philly when they had talent.  

17 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets only have 6 picks. Using one on Josh McCown seems foolish. 

Same deal as last years fitz pick up, a 2017 7th rounder elevated to a 6th if he plays enough.

(I am not endorsing trading for the guy, we should wait and let some of these guys get cut but we did get a Qb last year without giving up a pick in that draft.)

3 hours ago, kmnj said:

they can get McCown at a nice discount and use the savings elsewhere

I personally want kap and his upside but go get McCown-he did well with the bears as a starter with a QBR of about 110 and he is familiar and did well with Bmarsh and Forte

I would do it today -Fitz and his team can meet up with Ian Desmond and maybe create seminars about the art of bad deal making when nobody else wants you

Geno Smith is a better option than Josh McCown. That would just be a waste of time. 

wasting a pick on mccown? really?

this is getting nuttier by the minute. why not just grab rg3 on the cheap when they could have. we don't need an even older qb

Again, trade Mo and the Jets 2017 1st round pick to the Browns for the #2 pick.

Jets would free up a ton of cap space and have their young QB.

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Geno Smith is a better option than Josh McCown. That would just be a waste of time. 

Even if the first part is true (which is debatable at worst), the second part isn't. If Fitz doesn't come back you can't go Geno, Petty, Rookie. There would be a mutiny and people would stop showing up about 7 weeks into the season. No one wants to watch a terrible team in cold months in New York. Not an ideal situation. They would and should bring in a vet to compete if Fitz is done with the Jets. That's an easy assumption.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Even if the first part is true (which is debatable at worst), the second part isn't. If Fitz doesn't come back you can't go Geno, Petty, Rookie. There would be a mutiny and people would stop showing up about 7 weeks into the season. No one wants to watch a terrible team in cold months in New York. Not an ideal situation. They would and should bring in a vet to compete if Fitz is done with the Jets. That's an easy assumption.

Who said going Geno, Petty, Rookie? 

Have you read my signature as of late? :-)

Speaking of a mutiny, is McCown, Geno, Petty supposed to stop that from occurring? 

If McCown is even a thought then I'd rather have them just give Geno the season just to see what happens. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

That would be great pappi, but its not up to us to decide what the browns will allow.

i doubt they would give up that pick

Theres got to be something going on that we don't know about…..a handshake agreement thats about to come to fruition soon. it just does not make sense. rg3 for cheap was passed by and that was a very viable option. mccown sucks and wasting anything to get him and paying him more than rg3…. i dunno

i sure hope mac has a big plan in the folds. should be interesting

With our luck, Wentz and Goff go 1&2, in no particular order. We get Ryan Leaf, not Peyton, Or Rick Mirer, not Bledsoe. You know it and I know it.;)

I actually agree. We have no true "franchise" QB.  Even with Fitz.  I want Carson Wentz so badly that I'd be ok with trading up for the 1st or 2nd pick.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I actually agree. We have no true "franchise" QB.  Even with Fitz.  I want Carson Wentz so badly that I'd be ok with trading up for the 1st or 2nd pick.

Wentz is very intriguing for sure, but do you think an FCS QB is a stone cold lock?

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Wentz is very intriguing for sure, but do you think an FCS QB is a stone cold lock?

I have seen enough "smaller school" guys like Big Ben, Romo, McNair and Flacco pan out, that honestly I am not too concerned about it.  The talent is there, the fundamentals are strong (pocket presence, accuracy, footwork, mechanics etc.), great intangibles.  He didn't just beat the competition, he dominated them. We can't just sit and wait for another Luck or Winston to come around and hope that we're bad enough that year to draft a first round guy.  If you love someone and need a true franchise QB, you do what you can to land him.

RG III contract with Browns hurts 

Jets' negotiating stance with Ryan Fitzpatrick

A few quick thoughts on how the New York Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick are impacted by Robert Griffin III's decision to sign with the Cleveland Browns:

1. Well, the Jets can scratch Plan B off their contingency list. Or was it Plan C? Plan D? Even though the Jets met with Griffin on March 10 and 11, they never seemed serious about signing him. It was, as coach Todd Bowles called it, a "meet and greet."

2. Griffin's deal with the Browns -- a reported two years, $15 million, including $6.75 million guaranteed -- doesn't help the Jets, that's for sure. It's strengthens Fitzpatrick's negotiating position. His offer from the Jets is said to be in the Griffin ballpark, which is insulting. Fitzpatrick went 10-6 last season and threw 31 touchdowns; Griffin was active for only one game and didn't play a single snap. Are the Jets trying to run off Fitzpatrick? It sure seems like it.

3. Griffin's arrival means the Browns probably will cut or trade Josh McCown, who is due to make $4.375 million. As noted on Wednesday, the Jets see McCown, 36, as a potential replacement for Fitzpatrick. Add McCown to the list of seemingly expendable quarterbacks under contract, joining Colin Kaepernick, Mike Glennon and Brian Hoyer.

4. The next domino to fall could be Kaepernick. If he goes to the Denver Broncos, it'll leave Fitzpatrick without any suitors, hurting his leverage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59272/rg-iii-contract-with-browns-hurts-jets-negotiating-stance-with-fitz

How on earth does this hurt the Jets leverage???  This guy is just a complete dope....

5 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

RG III contract with Browns hurts 

Jets' negotiating stance with Ryan Fitzpatrick

A few quick thoughts on how the New York Jets and Ryan Fitzpatrick are impacted by Robert Griffin III's decision to sign with the Cleveland Browns:

1. Well, the Jets can scratch Plan B off their contingency list. Or was it Plan C? Plan D? Even though the Jets met with Griffin on March 10 and 11, they never seemed serious about signing him. It was, as coach Todd Bowles called it, a "meet and greet."

2. Griffin's deal with the Browns -- a reported two years, $15 million, including $6.75 million guaranteed -- doesn't help the Jets, that's for sure. It's strengthens Fitzpatrick's negotiating position. His offer from the Jets is said to be in the Griffin ballpark, which is insulting. Fitzpatrick went 10-6 last season and threw 31 touchdowns; Griffin was active for only one game and didn't play a single snap. Are the Jets trying to run off Fitzpatrick? It sure seems like it.

3. Griffin's arrival means the Browns probably will cut or trade Josh McCown, who is due to make $4.375 million. As noted on Wednesday, the Jets see McCown, 36, as a potential replacement for Fitzpatrick. Add McCown to the list of seemingly expendable quarterbacks under contract, joining Colin Kaepernick, Mike Glennon and Brian Hoyer.

4. The next domino to fall could be Kaepernick. If he goes to the Denver Broncos, it'll leave Fitzpatrick without any suitors, hurting his leverage.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59272/rg-iii-contract-with-browns-hurts-jets-negotiating-stance-with-fitz

How on earth does this hurt the Jets leverage???  This guy is just a complete dope....

YES

CIMINI hates the Jets and wishes them harm and a losing record always.

Archived