Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I think the article in the link below presents a well reasoned and fair evaluation of Fitz in 2015.  The videos provided support the arguments made perfectly.  Anyone discussing the merits or drawbacks of re-signing Fitz really should read/watch this first:

http://presnapreads.com/2016/03/28/chan-gailey-new-york-jets-dont-need-ryan-fitzpatrick/

what exactly is your point with this article? i see 12 td passes out of 31

i see 1 bad pass, where the defender is jumping up in fitz face, marshal makes a great catch and does the rest for a td.

i see 11 decent passes where the riunning backs and receivers make nice plays

i see the offensive coordinator doing his job

i see fitz doing his job

i see the offense as a whole doing its job

how is this article proof that the jets dont need fitz?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Broncos have brilliant coaching, a head coach that is a good OC, and Wade Phillips who is better than Bowles as their DC.

Our coaches have to lose at least 5 games a year on bad coaching decisions, happened with Rex and continues with our current

moron in training.

That will happen when you always hire 1st time HC's.

8 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What it is this?

That's a f*cking character assasination. There are no merits discussed - He's running this offence, he's timing/placing those passes deliberately - No sh*t his WR's are good. That's not a criticism of him. He threw high/wide passes to our tall recievers, within range. Oh noes. What about the drops from Enunwa/Smith? I remember drops against Philly. Not even mentioned. It criticises him for "going to Marshall before the ball is snapped" as if recognizing your elite WR is in single coverage and exploiting it is some sort of bad decision. Where are the decisions to tuck and run for first downs? Did Marshall take control of his mind and do that?

Awful. Again - I'll rely on my eyes. F*ck this.

the article is written in agreement to the posters point of view. therefore it is a great article

7 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Amazing how much of our fans seem to actually dislike the guy. It's pretty disturbing.

Loved watching him play last season - So much so that I actually enjoy watching the games back, which I hadn't done once in about 5 years. People calling him overrated are crazy, he was genuinely carrying us at times. The price he's asking for is nothing but negotiation, I don't how anyone can blame him for that.

Would love him back but only at the right price. Although even if we overpay a little I'll hardly be disappointed. Seems to be falling in place for us to get him back at a reasonable deal and I don't see how that's anything but great news. 

Genuinely excited to see what he can do with Smith, Enunwa, Amaro all potentially improving and Forte providing another reliable receiving option - The chemistry with Decker/Marshall is already excellent. Think we'll be competitive with Fitz and I don't see us being competitive with any of the other alternatives, maybe Kaepernick aside if you consider him such.

Honestly think Denver will regret not signing him up if they pass on him. Even if they get Kap. Conquering hero's gonna conquer regardless. It's destiny.

Agree 110% I thoroughly enjoyed last season and I'm a guy who roots for any player in a Jets uniform I'm not completely sold on Ryan Fitzpatrick the journeyman QB who has never made the playoffs in his career. I want and you want a QB that gets the job done here wins the big games gets us deep  into the playoffs and gives us the best chance to win what we all yearn for so damn much a Super Bowl victory that can replace the last one in 1969 we deserve this the younger fans deserve this. 

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What it is this?

That's a f*cking character assasination. There are no merits discussed - He's running this offence, he's timing/placing those passes deliberately - No sh*t his WR's are good. That's not a criticism of him. He threw high/wide passes to our tall recievers, within range. Oh noes. What about the drops from Enunwa/Smith? I remember drops against Philly. Not even mentioned. It criticises him for "going to Marshall before the ball is snapped" as if recognizing your elite WR is in single coverage and exploiting it is some sort of bad decision. Where are the decisions to tuck and run for first downs? Did Marshall take control of his mind and do that?

Awful. Again - I'll rely on my eyes. F*ck this.

LOL>  If you watched the tapes in the thread, they portray just how horrible he is.  Just about any other journeyman could be *that* off target and inaccurate with Decker and Marshall making up for it.  Fitz is a farce.  There is a reason why his career has sucked.  Not worth spending even 2/3 of starter money.  If he's not willing to take top level back-up money ($6 - $7 million---- and even that is too much for his inaccuracy, limited field vision and questionable decision making), adios Fitz.

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We finally have a QB have a full season worth watching for the first time since 1998........and people want to sh*t all over him because he's not Aaron Rodgers. 

fitz-10 seasons without a playoff appearance-worst in the nfl

marshal-10 seasons without a playoff appearance-best in the nfl

if only geno had marshal

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

what exactly is your point with this article? i see 12 td passes out of 31

i see 1 bad pass, where the defender is jumping up in fitz face, marshal makes a great catch and does the rest for a td.

i see 11 decent passes where the riunning backs and receivers make nice plays

i see the offensive coordinator doing his job

i see fitz doing his job

i see the offense as a whole doing its job

how is this article proof that the jets dont need fitz?

I see Fitz as horribly inaccurate.  Any journeyman could do the same... and with a stronger arm.  Fitz is ersatz.

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

LOL>  If you watched the tapes in the thread, they portray just how horrible he is.  Just about any other journeyman could be *that* off target and inaccurate with Decker and Marshall making up for it.  Fitz is a farce.  There is a reason why his career has sucked.  Not worth spending even 2/3 of starter money.  If he's not willing to take top level back-up money ($6 - $7 million---- and even that is too much for his inaccuracy, limited field vision and questionable decision making), adios Fitz.

He's not off target at all. This is unbelievable. So if you don't hit your WR in the numbers it's off target? God forbid he exploits a size advantage. This is insane

You just obviously have an irrational hatred for the guy, which you made pretty obvious in your post. Get better at hiding your agenda in future. 

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

the article is written in agreement to the posters point of view. therefore it is a great article

wrong.  The article and accompanying film evidence actually helped to change my view. 

But thanks for your ridiculous and unsupported assumption anyway. :rolleyes:

Just now, Dcat said:

I see Fitz as horribly inaccurate.  Any journeyman could do the same... and with a stronger arm.  Fitz is ersatz.

every single year, many journeyman qb's put up 31-15. all 12 of those td's(i wonder why he didnt show the other 19 td's) were horribly innacurate. you have a keen eye for qb talent

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

He's not off target at all. This is unbelievable. So if you don't hit your WR in the numbers it's off target? God forbid he exploits a size advantage. This is insane

You just obviously have an irrational hatred for the guy, which you made pretty obvious in your post. Get better at hiding your agenda in future. 

wrong again.  Look at the film and tell me just how far off target he is.  It';s way beyond not hitting his guys in stride or in the numbers.  

Youo make a boatload of assumptions about my motives, each of which is incorrect.  (LOL @ "irrational hatred", where the fk did you come up with that?) Stop playing the role of clairvoyant psychologist.  It's just stupid, just like the ridiculous assumptions underlying your posts in this thread.  I don't hate Fitz at all.  In fact, I like the guy.  I was all for resigning him initially, not so much any more based on what I saw last season and see on the film.  

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

wrong.  The article and accompanying film evidence actually helped to change my view. 

But thanks for your ridiculous and unsupported assumption anyway. :rolleyes:

if you say so. for the life of me, i dont see how this article could sway you away from fitzpatrick. most of it showed well designed plays,accurate throws,and receivers and running backs doing what they are paid to do. you knnow, perform as an offense

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

if you say so. for the life of me, i dont see how this article could sway you away from fitzpatrick. most of it showed well designed plays,accurate throws,and receivers and running backs doing what they are paid to do. you knnow, perform as an offense

The film shows mostly the opposite of what you claim. But believe what you want.  Fitz will never get us to the promised land.  He's a waste of time and at anything more than $6-7 million, a dreadful liability to the cap for this team in 2016 and (shudder at the thought) beyond.

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

wrong again.  Look at the film and tell me just how far off target he is.  It';s way beyond not hitting his guys in stride or in the numbers.  

Youo make a boatload of assumptions about my motives, each of which is incorrect.  (LOL @ "irrational hatred", where the fk did you come up with that?) Stop playing the role of clairvoyant psychologist.  It's just stupid, just like the ridiculous assumptions underlying your posts in this thread.  I don't hate Fitz at all.  In fact, I like the guy.  I was all for resigning him initially, not so much any more based on what I saw last season and see on the film.  

I'm not going to read any more posts from a guy who just admitted he changed his entire perspective from a seasons worth of evidence after watching a few gifs and like 200 words. 

That told me what I needed to know.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

I'm not going to read any more posts from a guy who just admitted he changed his entire perspective from a seasons worth of evidence after watching a few gifs and like 200 words. 

That told me what I needed to know.

I said it HELPED change my mind, not that it was the sole factor.  SO there you go again, misinterpreting and making just stupid assumptions.  You really do have comprehension issues.  Reading your stuff and responses to others, you seem to enjoy distorting, exaggerating and infusing your ridiculous assumptions into your criticism of others' opinions.  Just a waste of time.

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

I said it HELPED change my mind, not that it was the sole factor.  SO there you go again, misinterpreting and making just stupid assumptions.  You really do have comprehension issues.  Reading your stuff and responses to others, you seem to enjoy distorting, exaggerating and infusing your ridiculous assumptions into your criticism of others' opinions.  Just a waste of time.

I see words.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The film shows mostly the opposite of what you claim. But believe what you want.  Fitz will never get us to the promised land.  He's a waste of time and at anything more than $6-7 million, a dreadful liability to the cap for this team in 2016 and (shudder at the thought) beyond.

opposite? ok. here is my claim ".most of it showed well designed plays,accurate throws,and receivers and running backs doing what they are paid to do"

so by opposite you mean

inaccurate throws

horribly designed plays

running backs and receivers not playing well

gottcha

2 minutes ago, ylekram said:

opposite? ok. here is my claim ".most of it showed well designed plays,accurate throws,and receivers and running backs doing what they are paid to do"

so by opposite you mean

inaccurate throws

horribly designed plays

running backs and receivers not playing well

gottcha

yes to consistently inaccurate throws.

no to play design.  Irrelevant to my post.  That has nothing to do with Fitz's lack of talent.  The play designs are made by Gailey who knows what he needs to do with him.

And the WRs and RBs played quite well, making Fitz appear to be good.  I wasn't commenting on them.  Only Fitz.

13 hours ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Well, if what you say is true and so logical and convincing, why do you think that the Jets are still waiting/negotiating with Fitz and have not embraced Geno as their starter or another free agent QB. They had their chance with RG3. It would seem that Fitz is not only overrated on this board but by coaches and management in the Jets organization. Surely they should be smart enough to see what you so clearly and eloquently lay out on here.

Every report is the Jets stopped negotiations.  The Jets want him at their price, not his.  He has no leverage because no one agrees with you that he's a 12-4 QB.  He's also going to be 33 with a weak arm, who many including Charlie Casserly think is in line for a major about face.  It's not a given but no team is interested in risking 12+ million on a QB like Fitz.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

yes to consistently inaccurate throws.

no to play design.  Irrelevant to my post.  That has nothing to do with Fitz's lack of talent.  The play designs are made by Gailey who knows what he needs to do with him.

And the WRs and RBs played quite well, making Fitz appear to be good.  I wasn't commenting on them.  Only Fitz.

whats really funny about this is there arent many innacurate throws in the videos. like i said most of them are accurate. i can take any qb in the nfl(any nfl player for that matter), write up a possitive or negative article, include a small portion of video evidence, and my article would seem legit. why didnt the writer use all 33 of fitz td''s? why only 12? did he pick out 12 of fitz' best td's? or did he cherry pick the worst? so  a hack "cherry picked" his evidence, and that helped to "change your mind". not quite the same as helped "make up your mind", is it?

Fitzpatrick,Geno,Petty,Kaep,Rookie it doesn't matter until we beat the better teams and play consistently week after week we arent winning jack sh*t around here. 

This team is in salary cap hell with one of the oldest and worst offensive lines in the NFL 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I watched every single snap, which I basically said in the original post you quoted, so what are you talking about?

Fitz had a good season by any standard, a f*cking all time season by Jets standard. I don't need stats or your apparently more experienced opinion to tell me what I did and didn't see. 

He had a good season because he threw for a lot of TDs? Or perhaps he played just ok because we had a really good defense and weapons? I don't dislike fitz, but Im not going to make him out to be some sort of good QB, when he isn't. He was very inaccurate most of the year, killed momentum, killed drives, etc. We won despite of him, not because of him. Im glad you watched every snap, so did I. While he had an ok year, he is not any sort of answer going forward.

48 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That will happen when you always hire 1st time HC's.

Also happens when you always hire defensive dummies who know only one side of the ball but have to stick their

fat head into the offense ie Rex, Mangini, current Dummy HC.

5 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

Also happens when you always hire defensive dummies who know only one side of the ball but have to stick their

Did you even watch last year's offense?  If you think Bowles did a bad job with it you really are clueless

Anyone down grading the year Fitzpatrick had is a friggin moron, plain and simple.  I would put it down to the syndrome that people hated the guy in the 1st place, beaked off about it and then as happens would rather look utterly stupid trying to say he was crappy  than merely admit they were wrong about his play last year.  Zero problem not liking him as a QB, zero problem not wanting him as a QB going forward but to in some mind boggling way try and throw dirt on a very good year makes you look like a mental midget. 

You can forget about all the commonly brought up stats that show that he had a good year such as td passes, yards etc if you wish,

- Jets were a top 3 team in red zone efficiency.

- Only one team in the entire league scored at least 17 points in every game, guess which team that was?

- Team was 2nd in lowest number of sacks given up, that with an oline that is far from brilliant,

- Marshall, the guy who 'made Fitz' had his best year of his career.

By all means state with conviction that you don't want him on the team next year, by all means point out all of his deficiencies or tout whomever you think is a better choice but stop making yourselves look utterly dumbass stupid by dissing a very good season by a limited QB.

9 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

All those shltty defensive coaches throughout history proves you don't get it.  Love the ridiculous idea that a defensive coach can't be a successful HC. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

We beat 2 teams with winning records and had the easiest schedule in the NFL and still didnt make the playoffs. 

And what does that have to do with the offensive production???  For the previous four years (no matter what

the schedule) the offense was a dysfunctional mess and EVERYONE in the league/media would mock us.

That wasn't the case last year, people were amazed by the job the staff did in getting production out of Fitzpatrick

Just now, KRL said:

And what does that have to do with the offensive production???  For the previous four years (no matter what

the schedule) the offense was a dysfunctional mess and EVERYONE in the league/media would mock us.

That wasn't the case last year, people were amazed by the job the staff did in getting production out of Fitzpatrick

Most notedly we had WRs and an OC instead of Clyde Gates,David Nelson and Marrty Morhinhegwhoever

Archived