Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And they were all fired within 5 years.

No shlt, they didn't grow with the job.  But the same old boy network produces as many failures.  Signing a retread is no recipe for success.  

26 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

Also happens when you always hire defensive dummies who know only one side of the ball but have to stick their

fat head into the offense ie Rex, Mangini, current Dummy HC.

Even if that was true about prior coaches I don't know how you can seriously say that about Bowles. He brought in an experienced OC who has experience as a head coach. It also seems like Gailey is given wide latitude to design and run the offense.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Talking about here NY Jets not around the league. 

The HCs hired didn't work out.  Coming from the offensive side of the ball sure helped Walton, Cosett and the immortal Kotite.  I'd take any of the defensive guys over this triumvirate of offensive coaches 

1 hour ago, KRL said:

Did you even watch last year's offense?  If you think Bowles did a bad job with it you really are clueless

Wasn't  it brilliant when he benched Ivory after his 68 yard run early in the second  half against the Bills,

you must have Harvard Law, great logic buddy. he shouild have been fired right after the game.

3 minutes ago, 77DRAFT said:

Wasn't  it brilliant when he benched Ivory after his 68 yard run early in the second  half against the Bills,

you must have Harvard Law, great logic buddy.

58 yard run and any head coach would have rode Ivory to victory just to get in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Anyone down grading the year Fitzpatrick had is a friggin moron, plain and simple.  I would put it down to the syndrome that people hated the guy in the 1st place, beaked off about it and then as happens would rather look utterly stupid trying to say he was crappy  than merely admit they were wrong about his play last year.  Zero problem not liking him as a QB, zero problem not wanting him as a QB going forward but to in some mind boggling way try and throw dirt on a very good year makes you look like a mental midget. 

You can forget about all the commonly brought up stats that show that he had a good year such as td passes, yards etc if you wish,

- Jets were a top 3 team in red zone efficiency.

- Only one team in the entire league scored at least 17 points in every game, guess which team that was?

- Team was 2nd in lowest number of sacks given up, that with an oline that is far from brilliant,

- Marshall, the guy who 'made Fitz' had his best year of his career.

By all means state with conviction that you don't want him on the team next year, by all means point out all of his deficiencies or tout whomever you think is a better choice but stop making yourselves look utterly dumbass stupid by dissing a very good season by a limited QB.

I thought he had a decent year. Surrounded by a lot of talent, a good OC, a solid defense, it should've been better. Like I said, watching him be inaccurate, kill drives, not be able to have more success with what was around him I think is the issue most have (or me). Receivers bailed him out on a lot of the success he had, I saw that with my own eyes. So while he had a decent year, not the future or present going forward.

1 minute ago, The Engineer said:

I thought he had a decent year. Surrounded by a lot of talent, a good OC, a solid defense, it should've been better. Like I said, watching him be inaccurate, kill drives, not be able to have more success with what was around him I think is the issue most have (or me). Receivers bailed him out on a lot of the success he had, I saw that with my own eyes. So while he had a decent year, not the future or present going forward.

Exactly I saw the same thing. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Excellent, we now have it established that he had a decent year.  You guys can use that as a preface from now on rather than your normal over the top mud slinging.

We had a great season we saw a lot of positives we saw the need for a lot of improvements. We all enjoyed the ride,hate the fact that this team is not a playoff calibre team more often than not. 

My 2 biggest faults with the Jets and the reason they arent an NFL powerhouse is 

1. We draft like sh*t 

2. We need a franchise QB team leader. 

Actually in 2015 Peyton Manning was no longer a franchise caliber Qb and his team still won the SB. So it has been and can be done. These guys don't grow on trees and none are available. You have to be smart and lucky to find one. I mean a guy like Aaron Rodgers was passed over by a lot of teams. Even the Pack didn't know he was going to be that good. So imo you shouldn't over emphasize one position on the team. When you can win with an adequate smart player at that position. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually in 2015 Peyton Manning was no longer a franchise caliber Qb and his team still won the SB. So it has been and can be done. These guys don't grow on trees and none are available. You have to be smart and lucky to find one. I mean a guy like Aaron Rodgers was passed over by a lot of teams. Even the Pack didn't know he was going to be that good. So imo you shouldn't over emphasize one position on the team. When you can win with an adequate smart player at that position. 

Peyton Manning was still a franchise calibre QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has never made the damn playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, The Engineer said:

You mustve missed the rest of the game where we couldnt do anything because of his inaccurate throwing and drive killers. 

I haven't missed a Jets game in like 120 years.

I was just saying he threw two touchdown passes per game on average. And you said touchdowns \ INT ratio wasn't important.

It is.

51 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Peyton Manning was still a franchise calibre QB Ryan Fitzpatrick has never made the damn playoffs!!!!!!!!!!!

Many people thought that they won in spite of Peyton not because of him. And that includes Manning. He wasn't the same player he had been in the past. As for Fitz a  lot of Qbs haven't won significant games in their careers and Elway only won 2 SBs late in his career after getting heavily criticized for years for not winning the big one. And Marino never won a SB either. Fitz isn't close to being on their level but he's a guy who can do a competent job esp with a good defense,. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Many people thought that they won in spite of Peyton not because of him. And that includes Manning. He wasn't the same player he had been in the past. As for Fitz a  lot of Qbs haven't won significant games in their careers and Elway only won 2 SBs late in his career after getting heavily criticized for years for not winning the big one. And Marino never won a SB either. Fitz isn't close to being on their level but he's a guy who can do a competent job esp with a good defense,. 

Fitzpatrick has been in this league 11 years he has never made the playoffs he's a journeyman QB the fact no team wants him says a lot. 

58 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No.   He wasn't.   Almost a 2-1 INT to TD ratio.

That team scored 2 touchdowns in the DB.   One by the defense, and one a 4 yard drive that needed help from a penalty.

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

No.   He wasn't.   Almost a 2-1 INT to TD ratio.

That team scored 2 touchdowns in the DB.   One by the defense, and one a 4 yard drive that needed help from a penalty.

Peyton Manning is a legend Ryan Fitzpatrick is nowhere even close to being one. 

First Fitz was a 7th round draft pick from Harvard. So he had that stacked against him in terms of winning a starting job. Mark was an overall 5th and was handed the job and while here never had any competition. So Fitz has had to work his way up on the food chain and he's done well for a 7th rounder many of whom never even get a shot at one start. And he played with lower tier teams and plenty of good Qbs have been on poor teams. But on the other side of the coin when he played well enough in Buff to win a good contract he didn't play well after that. Not sure why because with the Jets he was a gamer. Maybe he's just an improving player. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

First Fitz was a 7th round draft pick from Harvard. So he had that stacked against him in terms of winning a starting job. Mark was an overall 5th and was handed the job and while here never had any competition. So Fitz has had to work his way up on the food chain and he's done well for a 7th rounder many of whom never even get a shot at one start. And he played with lower tier teams and plenty of good Qbs have been on poor teams. But on the other side of the coin when he played well enough in Buff to win a good contract he didn't play well after that. Not sure why because with the Jets he was a gamer. Maybe he's just an improving player. 

6 teams in 10 years possibly 7 teams in 11 years he has never made the playoffs in his career theres a reason he's a journeyman 

We are a QB starved organization what Fitzpatrick did here last season is legendary status thank you we need to move on to bigger and better things 

woody-back.jpg

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

6 teams in 10 years possibly 7 teams in 11 years he has never made the playoffs in his career theres a reason he's a journeyman 

We are a QB starved organization what Fitzpatrick did here last season is legendary status thank you we need to move on to bigger and better things 

We're not quarterback starved. You can win without a superstar at that position. Fitz filled the bill and I hope we re-sign him. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We haven't had a franchise QB since Joe Namath,yes we are. 

Fitz won nothing here.

To be fair.  He did win us the 20th draft pick.  The worst pick possible w/o being a playoff team.

So yeah, there's that.

In fact I'd be willing to bet that's the highest draft pick he's ever won for any of his many teams.

Archived