Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just merged all the Fitzpatrick threads from page 2 and 3 together. :)

Lets add up all the posts in the combined Fitzpatrick threads and multiply the total by $10,000.  That should be the salary he accepts from any team, including the Jets..  

27 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Why don't you just make a point? I'm not trying to interpret your random musings while you're hungover on peanut butter eggs. 

"When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child and I thought as a child, but when I became a man i put away childish thing" . Sometimes people just have to grow into whatever it is they're working at .  

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

"When I was a child I spoke as a child, I understood as a child and I thought as a child, but when I became a man i put away childish thing" . Sometimes people just have to grow into whatever it is they're working at .  

Are you talking about Geno? He has shown zero growth year to year and makes the same mistakes every opportunity he gets. And that's just the on field stuff. 

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, Rangers9 said:

Look if the Patriots had paid Revis the 20 mil his average salary would have been 16 on a two year contract. He signed so fast with the Jets I'm not sure there were any other bidders esp at that price. His season was obviously way under being a 40 mil cornerback something the Patriots knew all about.They gave him 12 mil for one year and that was it. And for them unusual to pay a DB or anyone that  much.  We honestly don't know if there are other teams interested in Fitz. His agent obviously thinks so and maybe has been told by teams to wait until things clear up. The idea that we'd be bidding against ourselves is unfounded because we really don't know anything about the specifics. 

The Pats paid him for year 1 at $12M but opted not to pay him $20M for another year... again the Jets did not pay him $20M a year so your point makes ZERO sense.  How fast do all the big time free agents sign?   They are usually gone within the first few days.  Does that mean there weren't other suitors?  Of course not...  You have no idea what other teams were offering.  The fact that he signed within 48 hours of being released by NE means nothing...so do all big time players that reach free agency.   For all the criticism you want to throw out there about Revis, I still take him at his price over the other options in free agency last year any day of the week.

We do know that there aren't other teams interested in paying Fitz because he has not signed anywhere or even floated the idea that he might sign elsewhere to raise the Jets offer.  If he had a $10 or $12M offer, he'd be running back to the Jets to try to get them to match.  This has not happened.  And now that RG III is in Cleveland, what other team is waiting to make him an offer?  Denver has already said they won't meet his absurd price. 

Again, look at the logic of this...or lack there of....  You are claiming Revis, who was at the top of his position and signed within 48 hours had no other suitors yet the guy who has languished for 4 weeks without as much as a peep from another team has all kinds of interest.  No matter how you slice it, it does not add up.

Anyone who understands leverage understands that this guy has ZERO and no good negotiator capitulates when he holds all the leverage. 

Again we don't know what's going on in terms of the negotiations with Fitz. Thank god there have been very few leaks and Mehta and Cimini (unlike when Rex was here) know about as much as we do. Imo nobody would have given Revis 16 mil per season which is what Woody did. I never said he was given a 20 mil deal. All I said was that the Patriots offered him 2/32 in a backloaded deal with only the first year guaranteed. If they had opted for the second year the average would have been 16 or what the Jets gave him. 

Again we don't know what's going on in terms of the negotiations with Fitz. Thank god there have been very few leaks and Mehta and Cimini (unlike when Rex was here) know about as much as we do. Imo nobody would have given Revis 16 mil per season which is what Woody did. I never said he was given a 20 mil deal. All I said was that the Patriots offered him 2/32 in a backloaded deal with only the first year guaranteed. If they had opted for the second year the average would have been 16 or what the Jets gave him. 

The minute the Pats signed Revis, they had absolutely no intention of picking up the 2nd year option.

13 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The minute the Pats signed Revis, they had absolutely no intention of picking up the 2nd year option.

You see dead people too?

you have no idea what they planned on doing at the time he signed.  

None

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

This is very true. 12 mil for Belichick is huge money. That's why it's ludicrous that we paid him 40 mil guaranteed. Look, don't get me wrong. Revis is one of my all time favorite Jets players. And I was happy to hear he was going to come back. But it's just not good business. He's a regressing player.  I think I saw something recently you can call it sour grapes, a comment by Ty Law, one of the many Bill cut rather than pay (which is, besides cheating,THE PATRIOT WAY) commenting on the trade of Chandler Jones to Arizona. Saying how the Patriots would have won a  lot more Super Bowls if they hadn't traded their star players (rather than pay them) As for Fitz.  It's kind of hard to believe Jimmy Sexton would allow Fitz to price himself out of the market. And we don't know exactly the math with the Jets and other teams that's been discussed. They are just unsubstantiated rumors. 

I think in a week we'll know who are starting Qb is unless Mac signs no one. In that case you'd think he'll draft somebody. The big question though is what do they really think about Geno. There are rumors that they think he's good and can start. And other rumors that they think he's trash. 

A look at what's happening around the New York Jets :

1. Ryan on Ryan : A certain loud, once-portly coach in western New York is rooting against the Jets in the Ryan Fitzpatrick contract negotiations. Yes,Buffalo Bills coach Rex Ryan wants Fitzpatrick out of the AFC East. That may surprise you, considering Ryan has dominated the quarterback over the years. As a head coach and defensive coordinator, he's 8-1 against Fitzpatrick, including 2-0 last season. But the former Jets coach swears he doesn't want to face Fitzpatrick in 2016."I hope he goes somewhere else, I do," Ryan said last week at the NFL owners meetings in Boca Raton, Florida. "He's tougher than hell. What's lost in it is, he might have played poorly against us -- it might have been a bad day (in Week 17) -- but I think they won five straight with him and he was lighting it up, probably the most yards in the history of that franchise. We'll see. Like I said, I hope they lose him."

rest of above article : 

>    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/59304/rex-ryans-hope-qb-ryan-fitzpatrick-leaves-jets-for-another-team

JETS NEED FITZPATRICK

Ryan Fitzpatrick already has an offer on the table from the Jets for over $7 million per year. Even though there isn't much of a market for the QB outside of New York, John Clayton thinks the Jets might still end up offering more money. Best remaining free agents

>   http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets

21 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

You clearly stated that the Pats moved on from him as support that no one wanted to pay him.  They did not want to pay him the $20M and as the troll indicates above, NE never intended to have him play that 2nd season on that deal.  They obviously worked on a new deal but could not agree.  What would NE have offered, who knows, but if he got $12M from NE to go to a Super Bowl team where he played well, it's safe to say several teams were in the $14M-$15M range that could not offer him the same shot at a ring that NE could and did.

Obviously Revis will always follow the money.  That is why your theory is flawed.  Other teams were willing to go very high to cause the Jets to outbid them.   There is absolutely no indication the Jets paid him $2-$3M/year more than anyone else was offering and that is supported by the sheer figures of what other CB's got in the first 2 days of free agency before Revis was released. 

No one is showing any interest in Fitz at all.  So again, your idea of just paying him an extra 30% "just because" when he has no leverage, is foolhardy.  He is a stop gap at best and obviously the rest of the NFL views him that way.  Comparing him to the hard driving negotiations for the NFL's best CB in the last 10 years just doesn't compute.  I guess we all see what we choose to see in life but one guy was available for 24 hours, the other for 4 weeks - common sense would indicate which player had more options and could use more leverage to consummate a more player friendly deal.

19 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

That's why it's ludicrous that we paid him (Revis) 40 mil guaranteed.

Can't make that statement and then say it's okay to bid against yourself "just because".  If $40M for 3 years of Revis is ludicrous, then offering a hold the fort player another $2M-$3M per year when no one else has even matched your initial offer is sheer insanity - especially when you are providing him with weapons and his favorite OC.

Until he was a Jet, I never thought much of Fitzpatrick (still don't really).  Now?  I think the guy is a complete dick for not re-signing with the team.

IMO, we're going nowhere next season with Fitz anyway.  What a great time to move on from "Mr. No Playoffs His Entire 11 Year Career" to Petty or someone in the draft. 

Those of you who think Fitz is holding on for 16-18 mil are Idiots he knows he's never getting that money. By him asking for that much he's looking in the 10-12 range I don't think the guy has any intensions of playing for another team but the Jets.

He hit the market simply as a bargaining chip with the Jets. I think most, if not all teams know this hence him not getting any offers. Teams also understand Fitz knows Gaileys offense and another team offering 16 million in the hopes Fitz will fit their system would have also been a dumb move. His best Fit is here and at some point the Jets will probably offer 9-10 mil per and sign their man. Fitz was probably hoping another team like the Broncos would have offered 12 or 13 therefore forcing the Jets hand and it never happened why ? Because Fitz does not fit what Kubiak wants to do or they would have jumped all over him when Osweiler hit the road .

Whether you like him or not this is probably the way its going down .

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Those of you who think Fitz is holding on for 16-18 mil are Idiots he knows he's never getting that money. By him asking for that much he's looking in the 10-12 range I don't think the guy has any intensions of playing for another team but the Jets.

He hit the market simply as a bargaining chip with the Jets. I think most, if not all teams know this hence him not getting any offers. Teams also understand Fitz knows Gaileys offense and another team offering 16 million in the hopes Fitz will fit their system would have also been a dumb move. His best Fit is here and at some point the Jets will probably offer 9-10 mil per and sign their man. Fitz was probably hoping another team like the Broncos would have offered 12 or 13 therefore forcing the Jets hand and it never happened why ? Because Fitz does not fit what Kubiak wants to do or they would have jumped all over him when Osweiler hit the road .

I totally agree.  However the question is at what point does he opt to come down to that price point? He is also taking a major risk that he will always be able to simply come back to the Jets when he perceives all other options to be null and void (they already appear that way to the rest of the NFL).  He is taking a major risk that the Jets just don't move on and he will be left without a starting job playing the Matt Hasselbeck role for someone.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

The Jets have supposedly offered a deal that falls in line with that 9 million number and we're still here.  It's gone beyond a bargaining chip.  I mean sh*t, he's lost just about any bit of leverage that he might have had before FA and he's still reportedly asking for double what we're offering.  He can go f*ck himself.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Disagree.

Fitz is waiting to see how Denver and Kaep plays out.

If Denver loses on Kaep, it would not surprise me in the least to see Denver sign Fitz to start with Sanchez backing him up.  Fitz is as close to "bad end of career Manning" as is available, and would provide no worse a job at QB than Peyon/Osweiller did last year.  When they won a Super Bowl.

Fitz won't have any motivation to settle, monetarily, till after that point.  Same for us, till Macc and Co. play out our other options, Glennon (maybe), Kaep (maybe), draft picks, other nobody QB's (i.e. the "lets sign Clevelands no longer needed backup!" type guys), there is no reason for us to cave on Fitz demands.

I still think Fitz comes back, 2 years, 10 per, team options for a third year at 12.  But thats far from certain.

3 hours ago, nyjets782 said:

Can't make that statement and then say it's okay to bid against yourself "just because".  If $40M for 3 years of Revis is ludicrous, then offering a hold the fort player another $2M-$3M per year when no one else has even matched your initial offer is sheer insanity - especially when you are providing him with weapons and his favorite OC.

Look as for my end of this discussion I've pretty much stated my case. I certainly wasn't in favor of the Revis deal. I don't know for sure but I don't think there were any other bidders close to that figure that Woody paid Revis.  And he didn't come close to playing up to that contract. And I'm not saying to go over market. We fans don't really know what true market is and the offers they have received. They aren't going to tell us. If there are any numbers out they are leaks and who knows how accurate. But I think for a starting Qb you might just decide to overpay him a little (not a lot-I agree that 16 is way over what he should get). If the difference in signing him comes down to 2 million dollars I'd pay him. If the Jets offer 2/20 and he wants 2/25 and the Jets go up 2 mil I'm ok with that. We have a better chance to win in 2016 with him then without him. Again we don't know if Fitz has had an offer from another team and what it was. And Mac hasn't jumped on it so nobody is outbidding themselves. 

3 hours ago, nyjets782 said:

Just one more thing. Teams and agents exaggerate  numbers and they lie. We all know this goes on esp in the NFL. I saw Mark Dominick on ESPN the other day and he talked about negotiating with agents and how wild it can go. Cursing, screaming, hanging up telephones. And of course, lying. So all of these numbers and accusations being tossed out to the media that have incensed some Jets fans (like Fitz demanding 16 mil per season because he has the same agent as Osweiller and that's what he got). It's very possible that it's all lies and BS. It really makes no sense that he would ask for a number that high and not budge from it. 

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Disagree.

Fitz is waiting to see how Denver and Kaep plays out.

If Denver loses on Kaep, it would not surprise me in the least to see Denver sign Fitz to start with Sanchez backing him up.  Fitz is as close to "bad end of career Manning" as is available, and would provide no worse a job at QB than Peyon/Osweiller did last year.  When they won a Super Bowl.

Fitz won't have any motivation to settle, monetarily, till after that point.  Same for us, till Macc and Co. play out our other options, Glennon (maybe), Kaep (maybe), draft picks, other nobody QB's (i.e. the "lets sign Clevelands no longer needed backup!" type guys), there is no reason for us to cave on Fitz demands.

I still think Fitz comes back, 2 years, 10 per, team options for a third year at 12.  But thats far from certain.

yes I think Keap deal plays a part as well either way 10 -12 is where it will end up. The rumors we've been hearing... meh, I could care less probably none are true.

17 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Look as for my end of this discussion I've pretty much stated my case. I certainly wasn't in favor of the Revis deal. I don't know for sure but I don't think there were any other bidders close to that figure that Woody paid Revis.  And he didn't come close to playing up to that contract. And I'm not saying to go over market. We fans don't really know what true market is and the offers they have received. They aren't going to tell us. If there are any numbers out they are leaks and who knows how accurate. But I think for a starting Qb you might just decide to overpay him a little (not a lot-I agree that 16 is way over what he should get). If the difference in signing him comes down to 2 million dollars I'd pay him. If the Jets offer 2/20 and he wants 2/25 and the Jets go up 2 mil I'm ok with that. We have a better chance to win in 2016 with him then without him. Again we don't know if Fitz has had an offer from another team and what it was. And Mac hasn't jumped on it so nobody is outbidding themselves. 

Your statement that there were no other bidders close to the Revis deal is just wild unsubstantiated speculation.  Mentioning all these potential offers for Fitz out there is silly because if he had one better than the Jets offer, one way or another a deal would get done because the Jets would either match or wish him luck because Fitz is not going to let that other offer twist in the wind for weeks.  So until Fitz comes to the Jets and says "pay me X or I am signing with this other team for X" increasing our offer is the very definition of bidding against ourselves.

17 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Just one more thing. Teams and agents exaggerate  numbers and they lie. We all know this goes on esp in the NFL. I saw Mark Dominick on ESPN the other day and he talked about negotiating with agents and how wild it can go. Cursing, screaming, hanging up telephones. And of course, lying. So all of these numbers and accusations being tossed out to the media that have incensed some Jets fans (like Fitz demanding 16 mil per season because he has the same agent as Osweiller and that's what he got). It's very possible that it's all lies and BS. It really makes no sense that he would ask for a number that high and not budge from it. 

I agree it makes no sense, but that certainly appears to be what he is doing doesn't it?  He's literally not getting a sniff from anyone.  He's just praying Denver comes back with an offer at some point.  The risk he runs is that the Jets will have moved on by then and then Denver can offer him $6M and he'd have to take it.  Again, Revis had several suitors, Fitz quite clearly does not... it's really not debatable. 

1 minute ago, nyjets782 said:

I agree it makes no sense, but that certainly appears to be what he is doing doesn't it?  He's literally not getting a sniff from anyone.  He's just praying Denver comes back with an offer at some point.  The risk he runs is that the Jets will have moved on by then and then Denver can offer him $6M and he'd have to take it.  Again, Revis had several suitors, Fitz quite clearly does not... it's really not debatable. 

Faulty thinking on Fitzpatrick's part.  Can you imagine Elway giving him 12-13 million a year then sitting down

with Von Miller's agent???  What do you think he would demand when he basically won the SB for them??? 

NFL Network reporting this morning that possible Kaep-to-Anywhere deal is very very much dead.  49'ers only willing to deal if an offer literally blows them out of the water in terms of overpay.

I'd expect Fitz interest to now progress over the rest of this week, either with us or with Denver.

This is what it felt like when Jenny Lee wanted a break during Sophomore year. I would've done anything to get her back. Jenny left me and got arrested for shoplifting which led her down a life of crime and drugs.

Don't be like Jenny, Ryan. Come back to us. Come back to our Jets.

16 minutes ago, nyjets782 said:

Your statement that there were no other bidders close to the Revis deal is just wild unsubstantiated speculation.  Mentioning all these potential offers for Fitz out there is silly because if he had one better than the Jets offer, one way or another a deal would get done because the Jets would either match or wish him luck because Fitz is not going to let that other offer twist in the wind for weeks.  So until Fitz comes to the Jets and says "pay me X or I am signing with this other team for X" increasing our offer is the very definition of bidding against ourselves.

There's no reason for an argument. We don't really know what the true story is between Fitz, the Jets and other teams. As for Revis no wild speculation maybe he did get a similar offer. But considering the money he received and how fast the deal was made to me (pure speculation) it's highly doubtful. The Jets actually signed Revis the day after NEP declined his option. Cleveland and Oakland were rumored as interested but imo not at that price. 

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

NFL Network reporting this morning that possible Kaep-to-Anywhere deal is very very much dead.  49'ers only willing to deal if an offer literally blows them out of the water in terms of overpay.

I'd expect Fitz interest to now progress over the rest of this week, either with us or with Denver.

I hope he looks good in orange.

Archived