Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

Well, if what you say is true and so logical and convincing, why do you think that the Jets are still waiting/negotiating with Fitz and have not embraced Geno as their starter or another free agent QB. They had their chance with RG3. It would seem that Fitz is not only overrated on this board but by coaches and management in the Jets organization. Surely they should be smart enough to see what you so clearly and eloquently lay out on here.

There is evidence that they do see it. Bowles seems to be the main champion for him

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I guess to your way of thinking it was Matt Ryan's fault that Atlanta didn't make the playoffs last season. And you can add Stafford and a few other supposedly franchise Qbs to that list. Come on man, it's not all on the Qb. Let our receiver make a Duper-Clayton kind of catch and we'll be calling Fitz, Dan Marino. 

Matt Ryan is notorious for chocking in the playoffs.  Fitz is special because he never has made the playoffs.  He chokes a step earlier.  Lol

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Well the thing is Fitz got us to that game and Geno wouldn't have. And put us in a position to win it. And all those picks were in the 4th quarter with 2 of them in the last few minutes. Again your percentage chance of getting intercepted is in situations like that when the D knows you're throwing the ball. That's Football 101 and what happens with any Qb including good ones. 

That's a nice spin.  We were inside the 14 down 2.  A FG gives us the lead with 6 minutes or so to go.  So to you after he throws one of the worst picks a y QB can throw, he gets a pass on the 2nd and 3rd picks because they were losing?  Lol.

geno throws any of those picks and fans blow up complaining about how he sucks for throwing the pass

13 minutes ago, no psls said:

He was at the mike and the Mad Dog show last night at radio city music hall . Dog was busting his chops to sign the contract .

It was Hilarious.  So funny. I bet he will now hahah

4 minutes ago, Il Mostro said:

If they pay this mutt $9-10 million and give him a three year deal on top of that, I will lose my friggin' mind. 

Dude ... I'm sure if there is a 3rd year it will be name only / team controlled ... With low impact to the team if we let him go at that time.

if you hate Fitz I understand, but you dorealize 9-10 per year is on the lower side of where an expected "middle ground" is for most.

i will be doing cartwheels  with something in the range of everything included 3 year 27 million , 14 guaranteed 6 million signing bonus, 7 million per year

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

But it is true.

Here is an article that points to some of the points:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/03/nfl-new-york-jets-free-agent-contract-geno-smith

What we saw was scheme and Brandon Marshall's playmaking ability and catch radius which opened up Decker to being single teamed. Teams never really figured out how to defend the corner/post/seam route that Decker ran from the slot when BM was double teamed. 

It still amazes me that people want to give all the credit to Fitz when it was mostly Gailey and Marshall, and all the blame on Geno when his struggles were mostly Marty and possibly the worst set of offensive skill players in the NFL.

Fitz season was a pure illusion, just like Sanchez' 2011 Red zone efficiency. Fitz had a nice 5 game run against terrible teams, yet Geno's nice 4 game run to end the season 2 years ago is completely discounted.

Reality is that Fitz is INCREDIBLLY overrated by Jets fans here. I just hope Denver is stupid enough to sign him.

I hope you realize that you are the exact opposite of what you are projecting Fitz fans to be & can't believe it.

you - Geno does no wrong, Geno coaching s*cks & Geno teammates s*ck .... That is only reason why he lost.

you - Fitz does no right. Fitz coaching is great & Fitz teammates are great ... That is the only reason why Fitz won.

On March 29, 2016 at 2:05 PM, joewilly12 said:

Says who?  But yet Winston,Marriota and others were. 

In the extremely unlikely event it came down to Geno or Petty ... Perhaps we'd give Petty a go.

Bowles himself though has indicated Those 2 should be battling for the backup QB spot for n 2016.

Fitzpatrick overplayed his hand in free agency, opening the door for Griffin III.

It is the offseason and we don’t know who the Jets QB will be. Which means that we had 500 threads on Ryan Fitzpatrick. So what does a bored webmaster do when that happens? Of course, he merges them all into one.

So we now have a 3,000 post Ryan Fitzpatrick thread.

Be sure to check it out, you don’t want to miss the latest speculation! Also, let us know who you think the Jets QB will be next season. Here are some photos of Ryan Fitzpatrick to hold you over if you are feeling separation anxiety.

Fitzpatrick overplayed his hand in free agency, opening the door for Griffin III. Has journeyman Ryan Fitzpatrick finally found a home with the Jets? Free agent quarterback Ryan FItzpatrick may have backed himself into a contractual corner. Jets Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick earned the respect of receiver Brandon Marshall in 2015. fitz week 17 Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick fitzmagic Fitzpatrick's command of the Jets offense has him posting career numbers. Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick engineered another fourth quarter comeback, getting the Jets to 9-5. Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick, Zac Stacy Ryan Fitzpatrick Ryan Fitzpatrick, Nick Mangold, Chris Ivory, Bryce Petty Ryan Fitz
Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
oXBO18Cm8H4

Click here to read the full story...

Amazing how much of our fans seem to actually dislike the guy. It's pretty disturbing.

Loved watching him play last season - So much so that I actually enjoy watching the games back, which I hadn't done once in about 5 years. People calling him overrated are crazy, he was genuinely carrying us at times. The price he's asking for is nothing but negotiation, I don't how anyone can blame him for that.

Would love him back but only at the right price. Although even if we overpay a little I'll hardly be disappointed. Seems to be falling in place for us to get him back at a reasonable deal and I don't see how that's anything but great news. 

Genuinely excited to see what he can do with Smith, Enunwa, Amaro all potentially improving and Forte providing another reliable receiving option - The chemistry with Decker/Marshall is already excellent. Think we'll be competitive with Fitz and I don't see us being competitive with any of the other alternatives, maybe Kaepernick aside if you consider him such.

Honestly think Denver will regret not signing him up if they pass on him. Even if they get Kap. Conquering hero's gonna conquer regardless. It's destiny.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Sounds like a lot of excuse-making to me, for a guy you'd be willing to have us pay $16M.

All I asked was what you'd be willing to pay him (had to ask twice) and you respond with this me-length rationalization post.

I asked for a number. I think your number is ridiculous but, well, we just don't agree on that. You're allowed to be wrong. :)

18 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Hard to say But I would like to see 10m plus incentives based on his performance. Line in the Sand 12 mil same scenario. I want this team to win next year not juggle Idiot Geno and push Petty before he's ready. Team knows more in the Petty category than we do obviously but if we can get 2 solid years out of Fitz I think that would work well since we are a pretty old team ATM and vet's may not be too keen on testing the rookie QB waters or QB's who are not ready.

Looks to me like I answered you directly after you asked ... No ?

37 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I watched a little of the Mike and the Mad Dog special last night and wasn't that Fitz in the audience. Not sure if they talked about or anything. I haven't seen an interview with him since this contract stalemate started. 

Fitz was there and Russo jokingly harassed him shouting for him to sign the damned offer from the Jets. Lots of chuckles all around.

45 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I watched a little of the Mike and the Mad Dog special last night and wasn't that Fitz in the audience. Not sure if they talked about or anything. I haven't seen an interview with him since this contract stalemate started. 

Further proof that Fitzpatrick isn't going anywhere.  If he wants to leave why would he be at the reunion show

on which he NEVER appeared

6 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Amazing how much of our fans seem to actually dislike the guy. It's pretty disturbing.

Loved watching him play last season - So much so that I actually enjoy watching the games back, which I hadn't done once in about 5 years. People calling him overrated are crazy, he was genuinely carrying us at times. The price he's asking for is nothing but negotiation, I don't how anyone can blame him for that.

Would love him back but only at the right price. Although even if we overpay a little I'll hardly be disappointed. Seems to be falling in place for us to get him back at a reasonable deal and I don't see how that's anything but great news. 

Genuinely excited to see what he can do with Smith, Enunwa, Amaro all potentially improving and Forte providing another reliable receiving option - The chemistry with Decker/Marshall is already excellent. Think we'll be competitive with Fitz and I don't see us being competitive with any of the other alternatives, maybe Kaepernick aside if you consider him such.

Honestly think Denver will regret not signing him up if they pass on him. Even if they get Kap. Conquering hero's gonna conquer regardless. It's destiny.

Loved watching him play? That comment is disturbing... you're joking right? Most of those games should've been comfortable victories. However, due to fitz being inaccurate, destroying drives, they were the typical jets nail biters. TD/INT ratio doesn't mean sh*t. Watch the games, watch the inaccurate throwing, the drive killers, etc.. Im not sitting there watching all drunk and loaded, a lot of fans on here actually analyze the games. There is good and bad, and fitz happens to be not good.

23 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

Loved watching him play? That comment is disturbing... you're joking right? Most of those games should've been comfortable victories. However, due to fitz being inaccurate, destroying drives, they were the typical jets nail biters. TD/INT ratio doesn't mean sh*t. Watch the games, watch the inaccurate throwing, the drive killers, etc.. Im not sitting there watching all drunk and loaded, a lot of fans on here actually analyze the games. There is good and bad, and fitz happens to be not good.

Awful fans.

17 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

You're a joke. Go watch the games man. Making comments that make you look even more uneducated. Awful fans? Im as diehard as anyone, but I've learned to be a realist. Its called growing up. 

No you're right. TD's mean sh*t.

3 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

You're a joke. Go watch the games man. Making comments that make you look even more uneducated. Awful fans? Im as diehard as anyone, but I've learned to be a realist. Its called growing up. 

just what this board needs.god, when will it stop???

24 minutes ago, The Engineer said:

TD \ INT ratio means NOTHING? I get it that there is more to it, accuracy doesn't show up in the stats other than maybe completion percentage. But saying TD \ INT ratio is meaningless, well that doesn't add up for me.

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

TD \ INT ratio means NOTHING? I get it that there is more to it, accuracy doesn't show up in the stats other than maybe completion percentage. But saying TD \ INT ratio is meaningless, well that doesn't add up for me.

TD/INT ratio, when compared to accuracy, drive killers, momentum. It does mean something obviously, but not as much when you take into account the way the other aspects of his game play out. 

40 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

No you're right. TD's mean sh*t.

TD's mean something, but taking them out of context with respect to all other aspects of QBing is the wrong perspective. I don't look at box scores and stats, I watch the flow of the game, the choices, the accuracy, the momentum killers (big one). Theres a lot more than TD/INT ratio that make a good QB. Please tell me you understand this. Theres a reason no one is busting down his door.

15 hours ago, The Engineer said:

TD's mean something, but taking them out of context with respect to all other aspects of QBing is the wrong perspective. I don't look at box scores and stats, I watch the flow of the game, the choices, the accuracy, the momentum killers (big one). Theres a lot more than TD/INT ratio that make a good QB. Please tell me you understand this. Theres a reason no one is busting down his door.

I watched every single snap, which I basically said in the original post you quoted, so what are you talking about?

Fitz had a good season by any standard, a f*cking all time season by Jets standard. I don't need stats or your apparently more experienced opinion to tell me what I did and didn't see. 

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I watched every single snap, which I basically said in the original post you quoted, so what are you talking about?

Fitz had a good season by any standard, a f*cking all time season by Jets standard. I don't need stats or your apparently more experienced opinion to tell me what I did and didn't see. 

I think the article in the link below presents a well reasoned and fair evaluation of Fitz in 2015.  The videos provided support the arguments made perfectly.  Anyone discussing the merits or drawbacks of re-signing Fitz really should read/watch this first:

http://presnapreads.com/2016/03/28/chan-gailey-new-york-jets-dont-need-ryan-fitzpatrick/

15 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

We finally have a QB have a full season worth watching for the first time since 1998........and people want to sh*t all over him because he's not Aaron Rodgers. 

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think the article in the link below presents a well reasoned and fair evaluation of Fitz in 2015.  The videos provided support the arguments made perfectly.  Anyone discussing the merits or drawbacks of re-signing Fitz really should read/watch this first:

http://presnapreads.com/2016/03/28/chan-gailey-new-york-jets-dont-need-ryan-fitzpatrick/

What it is this?

That's a f*cking character assasination. There are no merits discussed - He's running this offence, he's timing/placing those passes deliberately - No sh*t his WR's are good. That's not a criticism of him. He threw high/wide passes to our tall recievers, within range. Oh noes. What about the drops from Enunwa/Smith? I remember drops against Philly. Not even mentioned. It criticises him for "going to Marshall before the ball is snapped" as if recognizing your elite WR is in single coverage and exploiting it is some sort of bad decision. Where are the decisions to tuck and run for first downs? Did Marshall take control of his mind and do that?

Awful. Again - I'll rely on my eyes. F*ck this.

Archived