Ryan Fitzpatrick: MERGED

kelly

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

i hope so.

Same here.  It's funny how many fans think alike.  Very few Jet fans are like "we must bring back Fitz" even though he just had one of the greatest years for a Jet QB ever (at least statistically).

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

I agree except I don't see us going 4-12 (although the schedule is admittedly tougher than last year).  I think we can manage a 7-9, 8-8 with Geno at the helm.

LOL

Geno's specialty is screwing up.

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Same here.  It's funny how many fans think alike.  Very few Jet fans are like "we must bring back Fitz" even though he just had one of the greatest years for a Jet QB ever (at least statistically).

Yes, it's almost as if you're all sharing one brain.

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Winning 10 games with a weak schedule  and only beating 2 teams with winning records was no great feat its ashame there are many who really dont realize this. 

Fitzpatrick good guy great season,not taking us to the Super Bowl anytime soon. 

I'm gonna Go out on a limb-I think DEN's exact plan is to go with Sanchez. Sanchez got quite far as a young player with a D not as good as DEN has now, he's more mature, has a couple years under a solid offensive mind, and will have great offensive minds in Kubiak and Elway around him in DEN. Seriously, is Fitz really a 9/10 mil upgrade over Sanchez? I don't think so. They will need a young prospect sooner or later. Why throw sh*t tons of money at an avg Fitz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, shuler82 said:

If Denver wants to pay Fitz, they can have him. I'd rather go 4-12 with Geno  then give Fitz a 3 year deal and end up  7-9.  

I don't think Fitz gets us 3 more W's. I just don't. At this point, I could care less if Fitz comes back. We have options, and Fitz was never a winner.

You would think Elway would make a move to get Glennon, he's definitely good enough

for them to win with and (Fitzs) their system very well, they along with everyone else have seen Fitz explode

time after time....  Fitz even listens to Cyndi Lauper after games.

15 hours ago, Snell41 said:

I'm gonna Go out on a limb-I think DEN's exact plan is to go with Sanchez. Sanchez got quite far as a young player with a D not as good as DEN has now, he's more mature, has a couple years under a solid offensive mind, and will have great offensive minds in Kubiak and Elway around him in DEN. Seriously, is Fitz really a 9/10 mil upgrade over Sanchez? I don't think so. They will need a young prospect sooner or later. Why throw sh*t tons of money at an avg Fitz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take away last seasons outlier stats (even forgiving the Buff game) and he is far from average more like bottom 1/4.

9 hours ago, pointman said:

I don't think Fitz gets us 3 more W's. I just don't. At this point, I could care less if Fitz comes back. We have options, and Fitz was never a winner.

Never will be a winner.

I like Fitz, but the price for his services has been set by the Market.  $7-$9 Mill tops.

I guess Den can lose there mind a bit and pony up if the Fans pressure the Mgmt, but why would Elway panic now?  he's got a superbowl cache and can do what he wants this year.

Mac has played this perfect.

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So what's your line in the sand? $12M with incentives to earn up to $16M if this or that happens (stats or team success)?

Hard to say But I would like to see 10m plus incentives based on his performance. Line in the Sand 12 mil same scenario. I want this team to win next year not juggle Idiot Geno and push Petty before he's ready. Team knows more in the Petty category than we do obviously but if we can get 2 solid years out of Fitz I think that would work well since we are a pretty old team ATM and vet's may not be too keen on testing the rookie QB waters or QB's who are not ready.

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

And Petty by all accounts simply isn't ready.

None of us know this ... The team will obviously be watching him very closely this pre season as will the fans . He had a full season and off season to get his sh*t together how much work and study he put in will tell the tale. He has the ability so now it comes down to work and his mental mindset in live action. Not a way to judge him ATM in any way until he sees live action

45 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

None of us know this ... The team will obviously be watching him very closely this pre season as will the fans . He had a full season and off season to get his sh*t together how much work and study he put in will tell the tale. He has the ability so now it comes down to work and his mental mindset in live action. Not a way to judge him ATM in any way until he sees live action

Sure we do.  

Every report on Petty before he was drafted said he'd need extended time to develop/learn before he'd be ready.

Every report we've heard since he was drafted has said he's coming along, slowly, and needs more time/isn't ready.

Every action taken by the Front Office/Coaching Staff shows they do not believe he is ready to start.

Please, for the love of God, can we all stop projecting optimism and wishful thinking on reality.  He's not ready.  He will require at minimum another year.

And that's if he is ever ready to start.  He may not be.  Fans should try to consider that before penciling him in as a starter.

We have, at minimum, a one year gap to fill before Petty is realistically ready (presuming he will be).  Who fills that gap is the question, because it will not be Petty.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sure we do.  

Every report on Petty before he was drafted said he'd need extended time to develop/learn before he'd be ready.

Every report we've heard since he was drafted has said he's coming along, slowly, and needs more time/isn't ready.

Every action taken by the Front Office/Coaching Staff shows they do not believe he is ready to start.

Please, for the love of God, can we all stop projecting optimism and wishful thinking on reality.  He's not ready.  He will require at minimum another year.

And that's if he is ever ready to start.  He may not be.  Fans should try to consider that before penciling him in as a starter.

We have, at minimum, a one year gap to fill before Petty is realistically ready (presuming he will be).  Who fills that gap is the question, because it will not be Petty.

Warfish its the reports I have Issue with .. how many times have we read reports :) you never really know until that player steps on the field in live action. I liked what I saw from him in pre season last year AFTER the first appearance he looked good.

4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

So how did he manage to go 8-8 as a rookie? He has only played two years and one of them the team went .500.  Care to explain that? 

Meanwhile the guy who's been with 6 teams in 10 years that has never made the playoffs who throws 3 INTs to lose a crucial game costing us the playoffs is the messiah around here. 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Hard to say But I would like to see 10m plus incentives based on his performance. Line in the Sand 12 mil same scenario. I want this team to win next year not juggle Idiot Geno and push Petty before he's ready. Team knows more in the Petty category than we do obviously but if we can get 2 solid years out of Fitz I think that would work well since we are a pretty old team ATM and vet's may not be too keen on testing the rookie QB waters or QB's who are not ready.

So $12M/year plus incentives for his own performance (personal stats), even in the absence of the team making the playoffs again. Do I have that correct?

53 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Warfish its the reports I have Issue with .. how many times have we read reports :) you never really know until that player steps on the field in live action. I liked what I saw from him in pre season last year AFTER the first appearance he looked good.

So did I, but it was also quite clear he was miles away from being ready to start vs. NFL Veteran #1's.

I fully expect to see growth this preseason.....and more evidence that he remains miles away from starting vs. legit NFL #1's.

On March 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM, 32EBoozer said:

So, I doubt Denver will "Blow Away" SF with an offer. So that leaves Fitzy's only options as going to  Denver and battle it out w/ Sanchez or back to the Jets with a good possibility of winning the starting job. Either way.... he's "ONLY" getting $7m- $9m/yr

Report: 49ers will keep Kaepernick unless they’re “blown away” with a trade offer

Colin KaepernickAP

The 49ers are poised to keep quarterback Colin Kaepernick through Friday, when his 2016 salary becomes guaranteed.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that Kaepernick is staying in San Francisco unless the 49ers are “blown away” with a trade offer. Spoiler alert: No one is going to “blow away” the 49ers with a trade offer for a quarterback who’s coming off a season in which he was benched for Blaine Gabbert. Kaepernick is staying put.

As PFT reported on Sunday, cutting Kaepernick before his salary becomes guaranteed on Sunday isn’t really an option for the 49ers. Kaepernick is still recovering from multiple surgeries, and if the 49ers were to cut him now, while he’s not yet 100 percent healed, he and the NFL Players Association would argue that the 49ers were on the hook for his salary.

The 49ers appear OK with keeping Kaepernick, as G.M. Trent Baalke and coach Chip Kelly have both said they like the idea of bringing him back and letting him compete with Gabbert for the starting job. Baalke remembers well that it was only three years ago that Kaepernick led the 49ers to the Super Bowl, and Kelly likes the possibilities of an athlete like Kaepernick running his offense, so it makes sense that they’d want to keep him.

So while there’s been plenty of talk about Kaepernick and the 49ers going their separate ways, that appears unlikely. From all indications, the 49ers are ready to pay Kaepernick his $11.9 million base salary, his $1.125 million roster bonus and his $400,000 offseason workout bonus, and to keep him on the roster this season.

Permalink 37 Comments Feed for comments Latest Stories in: Rumor Mill, San Francisco 49ers, T

What does this really mean: we'll wait until the last second for offers. And if we don't get anything (at all) offer him up for basically nothing (a conditional 7th rounder if he agrees to a substantial salary cut). 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Meanwhile the guy who's been with 6 teams in 10 years that has never made the playoffs who throws 3 INTs to lose a crucial game costing us the playoffs is the messiah around here. 

and they act like Petty has no chance and should not be given a chance, I'm fine with handing the keys to Petty right now.

15 hours ago, 77DRAFT said:

You would think Elway would make a move to get Glennon, he's definitely good enough

for them to win with and (Fitzs) their system very well, they along with everyone else have seen Fitz explode

time after time....  Fitz even listens to Cyndi Lauper after games.

In a crucial game, the Broncos would never have played as horribly as the Jets did against the Bills. The Jets were a complete joke in that game, as was the coaching.

44 minutes ago, UpstateJetsGuru said:

In a crucial game, the Broncos would never have played as horribly as the Jets did against the Bills. The Jets were a complete joke in that game, as was the coaching.

Broncos have brilliant coaching, a head coach that is a good OC, and Wade Phillips who is better than Bowles as their DC.

Our coaches have to lose at least 5 games a year on bad coaching decisions, happened with Rex and continues with our current

moron in training.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So $12M/year plus incentives for his own performance (personal stats), even in the absence of the team making the playoffs again. Do I have that correct?

Sperm the deal is if Fitz plays well but the team has some of the same let downs as last year I don't just blame the QB as some do and I never will. He's one man and while his job is the most important on the field he's not a one man band. Fitz played well last year and we lost some games on some very bad plays and terrible special teams, that has got to change. Yes in the buffalo game Fitz did not play well but he was not terrible and trying to force things at the end into the wind is not a good scenario for any QB no matter how good an arm they have. The entire team let us down that day not Fitz although he was a part of the whole and did not play well all the drops and other factors played a large part. Fact is he protected the football all year rarely fumbled and had a good solid pocket presence something we have not seen here for years and it was his first year with the team and the teams first year in that offense. I think its something nice to build on and for Fitz to properly mentor a young QB like Petty. With the added edition of 2 solid RB's who are good receivers out of the backfield its will only help Fitz and give him more options if we have a TE show up it will be even better.

Fitz does not make the playoffs with a bad team that makes dumb mistakes. And while some QB's like an Aaron Rodgers can pull that off those teams with the elite QB's dragging them through the season always get exposed in the playoffs we have seen it time and time again.

Now another perspective in the absence of making the playoffs you could use the argument why pay a QB that kind of money if the team is old and missing the playoffs why not just rebuild and get a young QB that can grow with said rebuilding team, ??  I could be all for this and say bye bye but that's obviously not the route this regime of Macc and Bowles are taking they want to win now by signing a bunch of post 30 players and not having a viable option at QB would make all those signings a waste of time and money.

19 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Sperm the deal is if Fitz plays well but the team has some of the same let downs as last year I don't just blame the QB as some do and I never will. He's one man and while his job is the most important on the field he's not a one man band. Fitz played well last year and we lost some games on some very bad plays and terrible special teams, that has got to change. Yes in the buffalo game Fitz did not play well but he was not terrible and trying to force things at the end into the wind is not a good scenario for any QB no matter how good an arm they have. The entire team let us down that day not Fitz although he was a part of the whole and did not play well all the drops and other factors played a large part. Fact is he protected the football all year rarely fumbled and had a good solid pocket presence something we have not seen here for years and it was his first year with the team and the teams first year in that offense. I think its something nice to build on and for Fitz to properly mentor a young QB like Petty. With the added edition of 2 solid RB's who are good receivers out of the backfield its will only help Fitz and give him more options if we have a TE show up it will be even better.

Fitz does not make the playoffs with a bad team that makes dumb mistakes. And while some QB's like an Aaron Rodgers can pull that off those teams with the elite QB's dragging them through the season always get exposed in the playoffs we have seen it time and time again.

Now another perspective in the absence of making the playoffs you could use the argument why pay a QB that kind of money if the team is old and missing the playoffs why not just rebuild and get a young QB that can grow with said rebuilding team, ??  I could be all for this and say bye bye but that's obviously not the route this regime of Macc and Bowles are taking they want to win now by signing a bunch of post 30 players and not having a viable option at QB would make all those signings a waste of time and money.

Great post.

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sure we do.  

Lol.  You expect some kind of restraint from the fan base that has previously anointed Brett Ratliff and Matt Simms? 

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

So how did he manage to go 8-8 as a rookie? He has only played two years and one of them the team went .500.  Care to explain that? 

Seriously?!?

I am not one of these "Fitzpatrick is the greatest QB ever" - however don't give me this 8-8 as a rookie. Good for us we went 8-8. Geno threw 21 interceptions and lost 4 or 5 fumbles. 4-12 his second year. 

All you have to do is watch Geno. You see him making plenty of mental errors. We need a QB it sure as heck doesn't look like its going to be your boy Geno based off of his past play. Get the heck out of here with this bull. If Geno was that promising FItz would not have kept his job all season especially with the broken thumb.

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

What does this really mean: we'll wait until the last second for offers. And if we don't get anything (at all) offer him up for basically nothing (a conditional 7th rounder if he agrees to a substantial salary cut). 

They have plenty of Cap space. Maybe they'll bite the bullet and let Gabbert and Kap battle it out.

Only problem is if Kap becomes a "Cancer" in the lockerrom. He could conceivably force their hand if the relationship is that broken

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

They have plenty of Cap space. Maybe they'll bite the bullet and let Gabbert and Kap battle it out.

Only problem is if Kap becomes a "Cancer" in the lockerrom. He could conceivably force their hand if the relationship is that broken

They can always dump him before the NFL trade deadline if need be. 

Archived