What has happened to this league?

Jetster

Just the idea that a player like Mario Williams whose teammates claimed he pretty much dogged it last year gets a 2 year deal worth 16 million dollars tells me all I need to know about this difference in todays NFL from past warriors that played this game.

Rewarding a guy after not giving 100%? Just weird. The GMs in this league never cease to amaze me. One thing we definitely know is Miami will be rebuilding again in 2 years shedding all these ridiculous contracts that started with Tannyhill.

The Dolphins suck.

Who cares what kind of gutless players they sign and how bad the contracts are... if the Dolphins became the bastard child of the Browns and Lions, it would be too good for that sh*t ******* organization.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

The Dolphins suck.

Who cares what kind of gutless players they sign and how bad the contracts are... if the Dolphins became the bastard child of the Browns and Lions, it would be too good for that sh*t ******* organization.

Yes they do suck but we play them twice and they are in our division,anytime a a team improves its roster like they are you worry. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yes they do suck but we play them twice and they are in our division,anytime a a team improves its roster like they are you worry. 

They signed Mario Williams, who the OP just finished explaining quit on his team last year.

You worry.

I'm strutting to the fridge to get me some late-night ice cream.

Did they improve? What if they lose Vernon? Kiko? Maxwell? What if Mario still dogs it after a slow start?

I f*cking hate the Fins too, I can't figure out what the hell Tanny is doing, it's just strange & it seems so obvious it won't work which scares me. Can it work? Lol.

I hear ya but no need to get all fogey on this.  Remember who pulled the trigger?  We're talking about Mike Tannenbaum here.  He is the anti-scout.  He knows nothing about scouting so he simply goes for the biggest names with the best stats and throws more money at them than anybody else, it's completely easy and lazy.

Tanny is incredibly fun as a GM but he is totally out of his depth in talent evaluation.  He is doing exactly in Miami as he did in NY.  Big splash, big names, no depth, no "team" building.

Tanny already restructured Suh and kicked the can down the road. He's fukn over the Miami cap the same way he did here, perfect example we're now dealing with a random and unneccesary $14 million dollar escalator year for Brick that Tanny for no good reason put in the contract. 

Tanny buys shiny things for top dollar.  It doesn't make him smart, it makes him simple.

Even the phins fans know whats going down.  I trotted over to finheaven earlier today and half of the board is not happy with the way things are going.

Meanwhile I can sense a disturbance in the force of jets fans as there seems to be a tinge of the idzik fa year coming into being.  We like to talk about the mowilk, fitz and dbrick deals but imo the contract that looked bad for me last year was Revis, not because he was pure awful but he showed me he can no longer shut down the other teams top guy by himself and he's getting paid to be the old revis.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Just the idea that a player like Mario Williams whose teammates claimed he pretty much dogged it last year gets a 2 year deal worth 16 million dollars tells me all I need to know about this difference in todays NFL from past warriors that played this game.

Rewarding a guy after not giving 100%? Just weird. The GMs in this league never cease to amaze me. One thing we definitely know is Miami will be rebuilding again in 2 years shedding all these ridiculous contracts that started with Tannyhill.

Tannenbaum. The gift that keeps on giving.

7 minutes ago, rillo said:

Blame the owners, also it's not like Mario cant rush the passer. He just didn't fit or like Rex's defense scheme.

Mario has been one of the nfl best edge rushers last 10 years.  Rex wanted him to drop back and cover Tight Ends.

Friggin Giants could have helped us out and gotten him out of our division.  Now I have to watch Breno try to block him again

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Mario has been one of the nfl best edge rushers last 10 years.  Rex wanted him to drop back and cover Tight Ends.

Friggin Giants could have helped us out and gotten him out of our division.  Now I have to watch Breno try to block him again

No he has not, he's been one of the most overrated pass rushers the last 10 years.  He was asked to drop into coverage once/twice a game. he QUIT on his team w/ his first legit chance to make the postseason on the line.  that's all we need to know about Mario.

Just now, nyjunc said:

No he has not, he's been one of the most overrated pass rushers the last 10 years.  He was asked to drop into coverage once/twice a game. he QUIT on his team w/ his first legit chance to make the postseason on the line.  that's all we need to know about Mario.

Meh, he had a career year under Schwartz. Something like 14 sacks just 2 years ago.  Phins are only committed to Williams for one year. It really isn't as bad as we'd like it to be.

11 minutes ago, rillo said:

Meh, he had a career year under Schwartz. Something like 14 sacks just 2 years ago.  Phins are only committed to Williams for one year. It really isn't as bad as we'd like it to be.

Miami didn't break the bank and it is a short term deal.  For one year this could be a great deal IF he plays motivated like he should.  I have never been a Mario fan though, he's one of those players who only cares about his #s.  Now they have 2 huge talents on that DL that are also both head cases.  Could be incredible for them or a huge bust.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

You don't think a guy who drafted Vernon Gholston, Mark Sanchez, Kyle Wilson and Quentin Coples all in the first round knows how to build a team?:D

ONLY GM in team history to build teams to play in multiple league/conf title games.  Only Jet fans w/ our history would complain about that.

20 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

His sack totals disagree, that is what a pass rusher is paid to do, rush the passer, not look pretty in coverage.

Just now, Beerfish said:

His sack totals disagree, that is what a pass rusher is paid to do, rush the passer, not look pretty in coverage.

he's only had 5 double digit sack seasons in 10 seasons in the league and 3 of them in Buffalo on teams going nowhere.  he finally had a chance to get to postseason and quit on his team.  he has all the ability in the world but he's a selfish stat guy.

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

Did they improve? What if they lose Vernon? Kiko? Maxwell? What if Mario still dogs it after a slow start?

I f*cking hate the Fins too, I can't figure out what the hell Tanny is doing, it's just strange & it seems so obvious it won't work which scares me. Can it work? Lol.

It won't work because at the end of the day, Tannehill is a gutless JAG of a QB. 

Nothing to lose sleep over...we've seen this movie before 

Archived