Harry Potter Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

Obviously the rule of no claiming houses/housemates was there to avoid breaking the game. If players could claim their houses off the gate then scum would be made in a heart beat. Well, most of them. SMC had a house that could vouch for him for a while.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nynaeve said:

I was actually surprised at how most of the houses were trusting of their housemates. Especially after 80's game where players were tinfoiling pretty hard about claimed masons. On neighborhood you have zero knowledge on alignment and yet.... players acted more confident than I expected in their mates. It was interesting.

Meh.  No one is gonna voice their suspicions of neighbors in the neighborhood.  Also, the rules about not claiming neighborhoods kinda gave away that scum was mostly not in them.  Had people not been morons, this game could have been fun.  Fortunately, I was killed right before I got really busy and the game went to crap at the same time lol.

22 minutes ago, SMC said:

I was fortunate because I had great teammates in the Death Eaters and Gryffindor. We acted as real teammates in both groups. They were fun and informative. 

Its unfortunate that Slytherin couldn't do the same. If you just acted as teammates the town would've won. Can't understand how you didnt see that.

Because they were the "bad" house and had CTM and Ape.  That's the best tinfoil fuel ever lol.  Only way to make that team less effective would have been to throw JiF and 80 in it.  Reminds me of the time Leelou made me scum with Ape, Darthe, and Salami.

9 minutes ago, WWWWombat said:

Meh.  No one is gonna voice their suspicions of neighbors in the neighborhood.  Also, the rules about not claiming neighborhoods kinda gave away that scum was mostly not in them.  Had people not been morons, this game could have been fun.  Fortunately, I was killed right before I got really busy and the game went to crap at the same time lol.

It did hint at it, but it was the only way we could think of. The alternative was to give scum access to all the houses, and that was hardly fair. 

I had no problem with the game setup or the rules.  Made complete sense to me.

The town had a great advantage of being in neighborhoods.  It made sense to coordinate because then town could root out the scum team and then focus on finding any embedded.

DPR almost broke the game open for the town but no one paid attention.  Right before the CTM-Ape meltdown, DPR asked for players to vouch for each other, but nobody did.  That wouldn't be outside the rules.

If the housemates vouched for each other then it would be a process of elimination because Crusher and Hallia would then be exposed.  With them out of the way I couldn't hide forever and would eventually be found out.

14 hours ago, SMC said:

I was fortunate because I had great teammates in the Death Eaters and Gryffindor. We acted as real teammates in both groups. They were fun and informative. 

Its unfortunate that Slytherin couldn't do the same. If you just acted as teammates the town would've won. Can't understand how you didnt see that.

Did you not notice I was trying to kill you all game?  

12 hours ago, SMC said:

I had no problem with the game setup or the rules.  Made complete sense to me.

The town had a great advantage of being in neighborhoods.  It made sense to coordinate because then town could root out the scum team and then focus on finding any embedded.

DPR almost broke the game open for the town but no one paid attention.  Right before the CTM-Ape meltdown, DPR asked for players to vouch for each other, but nobody did.  That wouldn't be outside the rules.

If the housemates vouched for each other then it would be a process of elimination because Crusher and Hallia would then be exposed.  With them out of the way I couldn't hide forever and would eventually be found out.

Oh, yeah. Thanks, Decker. 

Okay, I need to make a HUGE apology to all of you.  Some of you have probably seen the letter that leaked this morning and I want you all to know that it's not like that - everything is cool and we're going to have a great time! There is NO NEED to be nervous to to expect that this will be anything other than a fabulous experience! I will be joining you and we are going to have a great time. 

To keep things transparent, here's the letter:

JetNation.jpg

3 minutes ago, D P R said:

Okay, I need to make a HUGE apology to all of you.  Some of you have probably seen the letter that leaked this morning and I want you all to know that it's not like that - everything is cool and we're going to have a great time! There is NO NEED to be nervous to to expect that this will be anything other than a fabulous experience! I will be joining you and we are going to have a great time. 

JetNation.jpg

LOL I'm in!

13 minutes ago, D P R said:

JetNation.jpg

This is awesome.

6 hours ago, D P R said:

JetNation.jpg

1682410-poster-1280-clap2.gif

The roster so far:

1. Leelou

2. Crusher

3. Hally

4. 80

5. SMC

6. Pac

7. Lily

8. CTM

9. Smash

10. Ballin

11. Dan

12. JC

13. Wombat

* I think Hess at 14

**AVM should get in on this. Even if he doesn't play, he posted more in the other game than others did.

***There are some notable players missing from this list. Please harass them until they sign up.

The plane takes off tomorrow!

Hopefully, this will bring the stragglers in:

5724a7b2c1ade_JNinvite.thumb.jpg.622ec424557b34c8eebcfca30493a509.jpg

6 hours ago, D P R said:

The roster so far:

1. Leelou

2. Crusher

3. Hally

4. 80

5. SMC

6. Pac

7. Lily

8. CTM

9. Smash

10. Ballin

11. Dan

12. JC

13. Wombat

* I think Hess at 14

**AVM should get in on this. Even if he doesn't play, he posted more in the other game than others did.

***There are some notable players missing from this list. Please harass them until they sign up.

The plane takes off tomorrow!

Hopefully, this will bring the stragglers in:

5724a7b2c1ade_JNinvite.thumb.jpg.622ec424557b34c8eebcfca30493a509.jpg

6 hours ago, Leelou said:

I thought I was already in? ?

• 1 year later...
On 4/28/2016 at 6:24 PM, Leelou said:

80 became Salami. 

Game is over. At this point I'm tired of the rule breaking and claiming scum as the winners. SMC, Hallia and Crusher with the deceased Hess and Spoot have won. 

Gryffindor (3 town, 1 scum)
Wes - Neville Longbottom
SMC - Harry Potter (spy points only count to Death Eaters) 
Smash - Hermione Granger 
Wombat - Ron Weasley 

Ravenclaw (town)
80 - Luna Lovegood
JVoR - Marietta Edgecombe
Dan - Terry Boot 
JiF - Penelope Clearwater 

Hufflepuff (town)
Decker - Justin Finch-Fletchley 
Pac - Ernie Macmillan 
Lily - Zacharias Smith 

Slytherin (town)
CTM - Vincent Crabbe
Ape - Gregory Goyle 
Verbsy - Draco Malfoy
JC - Pansy Parkinson

Death Eaters (scum)
Crusher - Lord Voldemort
Spoot - Lucius Malfoy
SMC - Bartemius "Barty" Crouch, Jr. (spy - safe claim for house Harry Potter) 
Hess - Bellatrix Lestrange 
Hallia - Peter Pettigrew

DT - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/YV33mD2Aub3g8

Death Eaters - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/eBtQMvuL3th

Gryffindor - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/JMQcmDFtXgExs

Slytherin - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/u8KDkncm3QU

Ravenclaw - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/Xr5CtnDrDLuHw

Hufflepuff - http://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/xDJ7gcwdUNQ

@Nolder

Slytherin imploded, scum won. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived