Tom Brady's suspension re-instated (MERGED)

Matt39

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This was the appeal. Next step is Supreme Court, who might not take the case to begin with

They would be unlikely to take this case (it is discretionary) under normal circumstances but being down one judge it is probably even more unlikely.

He does have the option of asking for rehearing en banc, which means asking for all of the Judges on the Second Circuit Court of Appeals hear it again as a large panel.  Also discretionary and also EXTREMELY unlikely to happen.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

it was a witch hunt against NE over such a silly issue based on things they got away w/ in the past.

we take brunnell's word but when Joe Montana(the man Brady is competing w/ for best of all time) says it's no big deal we ignore that.  Got it.

A "witch hunt".... that is not what you mean.. 

Good Grief....

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

That is hilarious.

Since 2010, Pats have averaged 12.5 wins per year and made the playoffs every single season.

Since 2010, the Jets have averaged 7.8 wins and have missed the playoffs for 5 straight years.

How would they have done if they weren't repeated and habitual cheaters.  I guess we will never know.  I hope they go after them on the salary cap now relating to those crooked payments to Brady's company.

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

How would they have done if they weren't repeated and habitual cheaters.  I guess we will never know.  I hope they go after them on the salary cap now relating to those crooked payments to Brady's company.

they really need to open an investigation into that.  I know it is claimed that the league pre approved it, but I wonder if there are any checks in place for the league to make sure that they didn't miss anything in picking apart the compensation proposal.  Dig a little deeper and you never know what you will find.

26 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yes. I honestly believe that you are going to die alone.

tell that to my G.F., I think her only existences now is to make sure i'm never happy without her. So if she ever finds out i can have some peace n quiet alone...she will be there to ruin that!

It would go to another Appeals court.

"A federal appeals court reinstated the 4-game ban that the NFL handed down to Brady last year on Monday. A three judge panel voted 2-1 to reinstate the ban.

The court in its ruling determined that commissioner Roger Goodell "properly exercised his broad discretion" and concluded that the NFL "did not deprive Brady of fundamental fairness."

Brady can still appeal the ruling to a broader panel at the court of appeals."

Not true. Since the appeal took place with the Second District court of appeal in New York, the state's Legal process has jurisdiction.

Therefore, only the US Supreme Court can alter the Second District court of appeal.

http://www.queensdefense.com/new-york-appeal-process/

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, BaumerJet said:

Not true. Since the appeal took place with the Second District court of appeal in New York, the state's Legal process has jurisdiction.

Therefore, only the US Supreme Court can alter the Second District court of appeal.

http://www.queensdefense.com/new-york-appeal-process/

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

It's kind of true. He/NFLPA can file a motion asking the entire Second Circuit to rehear the matter and a new opinion and ruling could be issued by the court sitting en banc. It is not an appeal.

Archived