Tom Brady's suspension re-instated (MERGED)

Matt39

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

I don't know.  The AFC East has a real tough schedule this year.  Doubtful a wildcard comes out.  So it's just the division winner.  9 or 10 wins could win it.

That's what I mean. Pats are guaranteed a top 4 finish (division title).  They may get a wild card game at home. 

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I respect Ty Cobb as a player. Great player but terrible person.

Look I dislike Brady but as for him as a human being he's not in Cobb's category. I've never heard anything about him being a bad character. What I really dislike are reporters like Florio and I think Michael Silver etc kissing his ass and saying the NFL case against him was full of holes. Sure if you listen to Brady's lawyers you had to have 100% conclusive evidence like them actually deflating those footballs on camera. And forget about all of the circumstantial evidence. And they accepted the story advanced by Kraft's paid for scientists. Which was ridiculous.

40 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That is hilarious.

Since 2010, Pats have averaged 12.5 wins per year and made the playoffs every single season.

Since 2010, the Jets have averaged 7.8 wins and have missed the playoffs for 5 straight years.

The difference is that  the Pats* cheat.  What an embarrassment!!! Also no first round pick , THEY CHEAT!!!

7 minutes ago, j4jets said:

That's what I mean. Pats are guaranteed a top 4 finish (division title).  They may get a wild card game at home. 

Oh gotcha.  I was thinking since the Pats are looking at a 1-3 start, Jets may have a shot of taking the division.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

This whole process has been a complete joke, there was nothing to really suspend him for BUT I am glad he is suspended though I will still believe it when week 1 opens and he's not under C.

He instructed the equipment guys to deflate fooballs according to the investigation by the l;league and the level of proof required to satisfy that judgement.  What part of that do you not get?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

This whole process has been a complete joke, there was nothing to really suspend him for BUT I am glad he is suspended though I will still believe it when week 1 opens and he's not under C.

Goodell has lost a lot of credibility over the Rice and Brady cases. AP too. 

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Pats fan responses online are hilarious. 

Yeap Indeed one sane Pats fan had this to say...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/tom-brady-suspended-again.1129208/page-2

"i say we burn the judges houses down. this is ****ing bullsh*t. im enraged "

Yes Pats fans taking it all in stride cause they know they have been the victims of the BIG BAD NFL... from tuckgate, to snow plows, to spygate, to stealing teams offensive game plans they have been picked on time and time again..:spin:

IT IS ALL A JOKE!!!!

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

He instructed the equipment guys to deflate fooballs according to the investigation by the l;league and the level of proof required to satisfy that judgement.  What part of that do you not get?

The Ray Rice thing was worse and he only got 2 games until the video surfaced that Goodell claimed he never saw. LOL.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan1015 said:

Pats and Brady knew all along this was going to happen

Yep. They know they can't take this to the supreme court because then they'll have to turn over all sorts of incriminating information about scandals bigger than deflategate, and they knew the suspension would be reinstated cuz they cheat and stuff, so they did what all crooks do when they're caught: start thinking about the next steps. Redoing his cap-circumventing contract was step 1. 

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

he had a football slightly deflated, not a big deal at all.

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please god don't engage him. Everyone knows he's a bigger brady butt licker/troll than even most patriots fans. This thread doesn't need him. There's already far too many threads that he's ruined; please save us from him in this one. This one could get real fun once the pats fans come back from storming the judge's house. 

Manning used HGH, Brady threw wet footballs...what is this world coming too?

1 minute ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Please god don't engage him. Everyone knows he's a bigger brady butt licker/troll than even most patriots fans. This thread doesn't need him. There's already far too many threads that he's ruined; please save us from him in this one. This one could get real fun once the pats fans come back from storming the judge's house. 

GO DUKE!!! ;)

39 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

What will really be interesting for Brady is if the backup plays very well and the team is 4-0. You could have a Montana/Young type situation. 

Oh no!

another brady vs bledsoe situation i would have to sit and listen ppl b*tching and moaning about on the NE radio..please just go  2-2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

To you.

You also think Sanchez is a good QB

the league had it as a $20k fine which is less than pocket change for someone like Brady so clearly they didn't think it was a big deal either but they were embarrassed w/ the spygate stuff so they went on a witch hunt.

10 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

The Ray Rice thing was worse and he only got 2 games until the video surfaced that Goodell claimed he never saw. LOL.

Actually cheating at the game youre trying to sell to fans as a fair competition between two teams, played on level playing field is worse than any crime, including Hernandez murdering people.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Covering it up and lying is just as bad as the offense. Brady could've owned it from the beginning and apologized. He's a scumbag. 

that is what he deserves a suspension for, he clearly lied about this small issue but 4 games is a little much(again, I am glad but I don't think he deserves it).

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he had a football slightly deflated, not a big deal at all.

What part of tampering with equipment to play a pro sport that rakes in billions of dollars each year on the premise that it is fair does not register with you?

24 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

That's cute.

Lol at the Pats fans threatening to boycott the first 4 games. So Pats games without Brady are going to be exactly like Pats games before Brady?

Not fair - they rocked in the 85 SB

Just now, Beerfish said:

What part of tampering with equipment to play a pro sport that rakes in billions of dollars each year on the premise that it is fair does not register with you?

all QBs "tamper" w/ the ball if that is what you think he was doing.  if it was such a big issue why was there such a small punishment for a first time offender?

Archived