Jets GM says he's 'excited to see' what Geno Smith can do if he's starting QB

Jet Fan RI

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who is Brick? 

Do you go to Rutgers games where they blow off the cannon if and when they score? 

Rutgers = Bush League Big 10 

Come to Rutgers get your degree or parole hearing or both. 

Brick do you really love the lamp or are you just saying it because you saw it? 

2 hours ago, ylekram said:

no truth to the bolded. whatsoever. there were days were these expert beat reporters said that geno owned the day. but that wasn't everyday. and there were a few where they said fitz owned the day and a few ties. and then there were conflicting reports. you keep reading these tweets as gospel and I will read them for what they are. opinions by amatuers

Those "tweets" you speak of, almost always said Geno was on a different level than Fitz. How do I know this? Because Geno didn't throw a pick the entire training camp until that last practice. Fitzy was mostly taking 2nd teams reps btw so I'm not sure why there is even a debate. 

5 hours ago, ylekram said:

geno beat out fitz soundly for 2 weeks of training camp, while fitz still didn't have his legs under him. coming from a few beat writers in the stands. the 4th "gifted" starting qb position might be the charm for geno

Thank you. So sick of the notion that Geno was the without a doubt starter for week one last season. It was a matter of time either in pre-season or the first few games of the regular season before Fitz took the job.

10 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Those "tweets" you speak of, almost always said Geno was on a different level than Fitz. How do I know this? Because Geno didn't throw a pick the entire training camp until that last practice. Fitzy was mostly taking 2nd teams reps btw so I'm not sure why there is even a debate

no sh*t. the decision was made to name geno the starter even before bowles met geno. the starter gets the #1 reps. you can do better than that

you keep remembering all the tweets the way you want. I will remember them the way they were tweeted

52 minutes ago, Larz said:

he has to say these things to maintain what tiny leverage he has with fitz and possible trade partners for geno (hey, you can always use new cleats and balls)

Considering Fitz's only options are playing for the jets or retiring, then I'd say the jets have all the leverage

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Shouldn't you be on Bucs Nation.com now that Glennon to the Jets is never going to happen?:lol:

I'm happy to touch it, I don't but it.  Reports of "Geno is so awesome" is typical camp fodder bullsh*t, frankly.  Sanchez was "so awesome" too, as was Pennington, every offseason before they sh*t the bed in the regular season.

Coaches talk up their starter, and Geno was the starter till he got his ass beat down.  So the coaches talked him up.  And the usual media talking heads, given an actual source, ate it up.

Has to relation to reality in the regular season.  and projecting Geno as some all-pro in 15 if only we gave him a fair chance is fantasy talk, utterly unverifiable. 

What we know is Geno sucked, horribly, his two years as a starter, and no one has shown anything real that would lead us to believe he's changed.

Unfortunately it wasnt Fitz that was doing the "beat down" which is precisely the point here. Maybe Fitz should request that if he signs for a lesser deal that the Jets must resign IK again so that will guarantee Fitz a starting position, because he wouldnt have had one without it. 

I'll disregard the Glennon comment since im having fun exposing Fitz for what he is....a solid back up that was lucky that Geno got a beat down. IK ain't around anymore and ironically neither is Fitz....funny how sh*t happens. 

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Really? Then prove it. Show us all those tweets from beat writers at camp last year stating how Fitz was winning that competition. 

I wont hold my breath though. 

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, either

6 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Unfortunately it wasnt Fitz that was doing the "beat down" which is precisely the point here. Maybe Fitz should request that if he signs for a lesser deal that the Jets can resign IK again so that will guarantee Fitz a starting position, because he wouldnt have had one without it. 

I'll disregard the Glennon comment since im having fun exposing Fitz for what he is....a solid back up that was lucky that Geno got a beat down. IK ain't around anymore and ironically neither is Fitz....funny how sh*t happens. 

funny how geno was cleared to play game 3.......but didnt

funny how fitz gets the start after breaking his thumb.......and geno didnt

funny how mac is still adamant about signing fitz

funny how sh*t happens

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

no sh*t. the decision was made to name geno the starter even before bowles met geno. the starter gets the #1 reps. you can do better than that

you keep remembering all the tweets the way you want. I will remember them the way they were tweeted

Correction: I didn't mentioned "tweets". You brought em up. I said articles, which are a little more than 50 characters, hence detailed. 

And if there ever was a day Fitz outplayed Geno, it was still a day he was playing with the 2nds. There really was no comparison and there really was no competition even though Fitz already knew the offense n was a 40 year vet while it was Geno's first year in the offense n playing with actual NFL WR n not some makeshift car salesmen pretending to be WRs (excluding Decker on one hammy). 

26 minutes ago, ylekram said:

funny how geno was cleared to play game 3.......but didnt

funny how fitz gets the start after breaking his thumb.......and geno didnt

funny how mac is still adamant about signing fitz

funny how sh*t happens

Funny how none of this ^^^^ matters because Fitz thinks he's a 15 million dollar quarterback. 

Funny how the entire league told him he's not a 15 million dollar quarterback.

Funny how as of this writing Geno is our "starter". 

Funny how some Jets fans are so desperate they'd take a QB that failed with the playoffs on the line and cant beat a team that scores 21 or more points. 

Funny how Geno is still on the team. 

Funny how the hate doesnt change that. 

Funny how Macc CAN'T sign Fitz because he doesnt have enough to even sign all of his rookies. 

Funny how Fitz is going to retire and you'll be watching #7 

Funny how IK couldnt get Fitz a starting job on the market. 

Funny how Fitz couldnt even get Fitz a starting job on the market. 

Funny how sh*t happens. 

3 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Correction: I didn't mentioned "tweets". You brought em up. I said articles, which are a little more than 50 characters, hence detailed. 

And if there ever was a day Fitz outplayed Geno, it was still a day he was playing with the 2nds. There really was no comparison and there really was no competition even though Fitz already knew the offense n was a 40 year vet while it was Geno's first year in the offense n playing with actual NFL WR n not some makeshift car salesmen pretending to be WRs (excluding Decker on one hammy). 

same dudes tweeting were writing the articles later that day when they got to their computers. same difference. for all that "destroying" that geno did in the 2 weeks in camp, the jets didn't blink an eye on who was the starter week 3 when geno was cleared to play. or even when fitz broke his thumb. you want to gift geno his 4th starting gig. I want him to earn it.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Funny how none of this ^^^^ matters because Fitz thinks he's a 15 million dollar quarterback. 

Funny how some Jets fans are so desperate they'd take a QB that failed with the playoffs on the line and cant beat a team that scores 21 or more points. 

Funny how Macc CAN'T sign Fitz because he doesnt have enough to even sign all of his rookies. 

Funny how sh*t happens. 

There is really nothing funny about Geno starting, unless your not a Jets fan

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Funny how sh*t happens. 

funny how macc is still adamant about signing fitz..even with geno on board

7 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

There is really nothing funny about Geno starting, unless your not a Jets fan

I dont have a problem with Geno Starting. He's had a year in the system, he has competent coaches, a defense and atleast 5 legit weapons on offense...2 of them being bonafide playmakers (Marshall, Forte) and a top 3 #2WR in the league (Decker). 

I'll take my chances. I mean, its better than some of the things I've heard already, like starting Bryce Petty. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont have a problem with Geno Starting. He's had a year in the system, he has competent coaches, a defense and atleast 5 legit weapons on offense...2 of them being bonafide playmakers (Marshall, Forte) and a top 3 #2WR in the league (Decker). 

I'll take my chances. 

Good luck with that

5 minutes ago, ylekram said:

same dudes tweeting were writing the articles later that day when they got to their computers. same difference. for all that "destroying" that geno did in the 2 weeks in camp, the jets didn't blink an eye on who was the starter week 3 when geno was cleared to play. or even when fitz broke his thumb. you want to gift geno his 4th starting gig. I want him to earn it.

We have our 2nd stubborn coach in a row. We were 4-2 defeating some outstanding teams such as the Browns, Colts, Fish n Deadskins. The coach looked at the 4-2 start n thought "wow, we are playing lights out! Let's continue the (failed) playoff journey with a QB that's never been to one in dozen years". Fitz continued to beat crappy teams n piled up stats, but shat the bed when he was guaranteed a playoff spot. He's peaked. Geno hasn't n he's still better than Fitz. Don't want Fitz back here on that supremely overpriced contract while guaranteeing a non-playoff season. No team wanted him n there were several teams this year in search of a starting QB that wanted nothing to do with Fitz. Says a lot. 

9 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Cool, would not want to worry you, or joewilly12, or Mike35

You dont worry @joewilly12 , @Mike135 or myself. We know that you're a fan of ours which is why you constantly bring up our names in conversations that have absolutely nothing to do with us. 

And for the record, we appreciate the fact that we're always on your mind like that. It lets us know that what we say is in fact important to you, no matter what you decide to type that may be to the contrary. 

1 minute ago, j4jets said:

We have our 2nd stubborn coach in a row. We were 4-2 defeating some outstanding teams such as the Browns, Colts, Fish n Deadskins. The coach looked at the 4-2 start n thought "wow, we are playing lights out! Let's continue the (failed) playoff journey with a QB that's never been to one in dozen years". Fitz continued to beat crappy teams n piled up stats, but shat the bed when he was guaranteed a playoff spot. He's peaked. Geno hasn't n he's still better than Fitz. Don't want Fitz back here on that supremely overpriced contract while guaranteeing a non-playoff season. No team wanted him n there were several teams this year in search of a starting QB that wanted nothing to do with Fitz. Says a lot. 

you are convinced that gifting geno smith a 4th year as a starting qb is a good idea? how did the last 3 times work out? now you know better than bowles?

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You dont worry @joewilly12 , @Mike135 or myself. We know that you're a fan of ours which is why you constantly bring up our names in conversations that have completely nothing to do with us. 

And for the record, we appreciate the fact that we're always on your mind like that. It lets us know that what we say is in fact important to you, no matter what you decide to type that may be to the contrary. 

Werd!

4 minutes ago, ylekram said:

you are convinced that gifting geno smith a 4th year as a starting qb is a good idea? how did the last 3 times work out? now you know better than bowles?

I'n convinced Fitz isn't a playoff QB n I'm ok with saving $16 mil for a known failure n taking my chances with Geno. 

What else is Mac supposed to say? Fitz is in dreamland somewhere that he is a top dollar QB, which he is not. He is only the best fit for one team..the NY Jets. The Jets are the only team Fitz would start for and he should appreciate the fact that the Jets are 'insulting' him by tripling his salary from last year. With that problem still unsolved Mac should come out and say, "Oy are we ever screwed if Fitz doesn't come back?" Heck no. He is going to trumpet a loser QB who may actually end up back under center, even if he doesn't believe it himself.

4 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I'n convinced Fitz isn't a playoff QB n I'm ok with saving $16 mil for a known failure n taking my chances with Geno. 

the jets aint paying 16m for Fitzpatrick. makes sense. flush the 2016 season down the drain over 7-8m to give geno a 4th chance. then we'll know for sure

18 minutes ago, ylekram said:

the jets aint paying 16m for Fitzpatrick. makes sense. flush the 2016 season down the drain over 7-8m to give geno a 4th chance. then we'll know for sure

So you think the jets should pay fitz $16M then?

1 hour ago, ylekram said:

Or we can give Fitz his 13th chance. Perfect sense!

Archived