Bart Scott on Boomer and Carton this morning

BowlesMovement

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Bruce Arians was passed over. Raiders went with Norv Turner (aka Coach Also-Ran) over Jim Harbaugh. Packers went with Ray Rhodes over Andy Reid. Probably more than that, but I'm just thinking of current/recent coaches. It happens. That said, clearly Baltimore made the correct decision.

They do.  You are right. Bad hires happen, bad non-hires also happen. The Colts picked a special teams coach over Rex.  That should have been an indicator. It turned out to be a good pick.  I am just saying that my guideline would be no thanks if the local team hired someone from outside over the incumbent.  I might miss a good one now and then, like you say.  But I would be right more often than not.  They knew Rexie was whacko.

10 hours ago, jack48 said:

They do.  You are right. Bad hires happen, bad non-hires also happen. The Colts picked a special teams coach over Rex.  That should have been an indicator. It turned out to be a good pick.  I am just saying that my guideline would be no thanks if the local team hired someone from outside over the incumbent.  I might miss a good one now and then, like you say.  But I would be right more often than not.  They knew Rexie was whacko.

More than that, they picked someone else's special teams coach. I think it would be more of an indictment, though, if Harbaugh turned out to be a bad hire. Like if they'd hired JH over him and they then won no more than 6 games for 3 years in a row, then it would have the stink of "anyone but this f*cking fat bastard." As it turned out the special teams coach they hired brought home a Lombardi Trophy. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More than that, they picked someone else's special teams coach. I think it would be more of an indictment, though, if Harbaugh turned out to be a bad hire. Like if they'd hired JH over him and they then won no more than 6 games for 3 years in a row, then it would have the stink of "anyone but this f*cking fat bastard." As it turned out the special teams coach they hired brought home a Lombardi Trophy. 

I was so happy to be rid of Mangina I did not care at the time, actually, but I did take note of the fact that they brought in a ST guy from outside. I remember that.  I just figured Rex had pissed someone off.  I guess I was desperate. I never got the mangini-BB imitation thing.

Bart Scott is just looking for publicity . He's a pimp !!!

Tom Hagen: When I meet with Tattaglia's men, should I insist all their drug middlemen have clean records?
Don Corleone: Mention it, don't insist. But Barzini will know that without being told.
Tom Hagen: You mean Tattaglia...
Don Corleone: Tattaglia is a pimp. He never could have outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

7 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Yeah, right. I guess Rex must be a bad guy because he has his players backs? You guys are all idiots. It's no wonder why the Jets never win the SB when they a bunch of idiots as fans...

He is a bad coach because he did this, he is a bad guy because he throws everyone under the bus because of his failures.

On 5/15/2016 at 8:43 AM, no psls said:

Bart Scott is just looking for publicity . He's a pimp !!!

Tom Hagen: When I meet with Tattaglia's men, should I insist all their drug middlemen have clean records?
Don Corleone: Mention it, don't insist. But Barzini will know that without being told.
Tom Hagen: You mean Tattaglia...
Don Corleone: Tattaglia is a pimp. He never could have outfought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

download.jpg

Rex is a loser.

He went to the Jerry Glanville school of football coaching.

He is all talk, soundbites, cliches, and in the end no results.

Sure his players loved him.

Everyone loves a soft boss.

He was worse for this team than Holtz, Coslet, Edwards or Kotite were.

On 5/13/2016 at 10:19 AM, PatsFanTX said:

Yea, with teams Mangini built.

BTW CB, Rex lost both those games with a team totally unprepared to play.

Mangini built nothing, he was not the GM and even if one does give him credit he couldn't with those players and a HOF QB w/o Tom Brady playing.

Jon Gruden likes him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60375/slow-playing-the-ryan-fitzpatrick-situation-could-backfire-on-jets

8 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Jon Gruden likes him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/60375/slow-playing-the-ryan-fitzpatrick-situation-could-backfire-on-jets

I would feel the same way if I got to hang out and talk football with the 3 bolded.  Even Rex talking x's and o's on defense would be fantastic.  Pettine always just seemed an arrogant ahole to me.  RR was a bad HC but that coaching staff under him in 2009 was definitely elite.

Just now, JETSfaninNE said:

I would feel the same way if I got to hang out and talk football with the 3 bolded.  Even Rex talking x's and o's on defense would be fantastic.  Pettine always just seemed an arrogant a$$hole to me.  RR was a bad HC but that coaching staff under him in 2009 was definitely elite.

I don't get how bad HCs can win 4 road playoff games in 2 seasons?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

I don't get how bad HCs can win 4 road playoff games in 2 seasons?

My exact point, despite him being a bad HC he had an elite coaching staff under him and a veteran team to carry them that far.  His defenses never came up with a stop late in a game when you needed it in the big moments and his defenses are more the reason he couldn't win 2 more playoff games. 

I really need to stop coming in this thread, I don't want to talk about a non Jets coach this much anymore.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

My exact point, despite him being a bad HC he had an elite coaching staff under him and a veteran team to carry them that far.  His defenses never came up with a stop late in a game when you needed it in the big moments and his defenses are more the reason he couldn't win 2 more playoff games. 

I really need to stop coming in this thread, I don't want to talk about a non Jets coach this much anymore.

those elite coaches were on staff before he got there and they couldn't even make playoffs in 2008 w/ HOF QB and much weaker sched w/o Brady around.

His Ds definitely folded in some big spots but to say they never came through isn't being fair.  The D led us to 2 title games(w/ a lot of help from the O and STs but they led us).

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Rex is a loser.

He went to the Jerry Glanville school of football coaching.

He is all talk, soundbites, cliches, and in the end no results.

Sure his players loved him.

Everyone loves a soft boss.

He was worse for this team than Holtz, Coslet, Edwards or Kotite were.

Do you remember going 4-28 over 2 seasons?

The plague would have been less harmful for this team than Kotite.

On 5/14/2016 at 5:09 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Looking back, I would have really like to see what Westhoff would have done.

21 minutes ago, chirorob said:

as bad as he was as a coach he didn't do a bad job picking players.  Most of the players on that 1998 team were picked up in the Steinberg/Kotite era's.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Sure who can forget that.

Comparing diseases, 2 seasons of Kotite vs 6 of Ryan?

Kotite didnt have the smoke and mirrors to hide behind like Ryan and was gone in 2 years.

The 4 - 1st round draft picks for Tuna was a salve.

Lets not for get that everyone to a man except Leon Hess knew Kotite was a joke while Woody and probably 90% of the fanbase thought Rex the faux defensive guru was Vince Lombardi at some point.

32 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Sure who can forget that.

Comparing diseases, 2 seasons of Kotite vs 6 of Ryan?

Kotite didnt have the smoke and mirrors to hide behind like Ryan and was gone in 2 years.

The 4 - 1st round draft picks for Tuna was a salve.

Lets not for get that everyone to a man except Leon Hess knew Kotite was a joke while Woody and probably 90% of the fanbase thought Rex the faux defensive guru was Vince Lombardi at some point.

you are comparing a HC that won 4 games in 2 seasons to the only coach in franchise history to lead the jets to 2 conf title games?

oh boy.

18 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

you are comparing a HC that won 4 games in 2 seasons to the only coach in franchise history to lead the jets to 2 conf title games?

oh boy.

Neither of them won anything so stop with the irrational Rex fetish.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Neither of them won anything so stop with the irrational Rex fetish.

ok, neither of them won anything so I guess Kotite is equal to Bill Parcells too?  and obviously Kotite must be the equal of Todd Bowles as well.  Thanks for the clarification.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

oh boy.

This looks like a good opening for you to say the same stuff you say all the time. I'm sure there's still someone interested in reading it.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This looks like a good opening for you to say the same stuff you say all the time. I'm sure there's still someone interested in reading it.

clearly you are since you feel the need to comment all the time.  I thank you for your interest.

17 hours ago, Mainejet said:

Yeah, right. I guess Rex must be a bad guy because he has his players backs? You guys are all idiots. It's no wonder why the Jets never win the SB when they a bunch of idiots as fans...

It's O.K. to have your players backs, but he has their wallets too.

14 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

They won absolutely nothing.

0 Division titles

0 Conference Championships

0 Super Bowls

so you would rather win the div and lose first playoff game like NE did those 2 years than go in as a WC and play for the right to go to the Super Bowl?  

I am not calling him Vince Lombardi but he's also not down w/ pre-Brady Belichick either.  He was very successful early on here.

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

clearly you are since you feel the need to comment all the time.  I thank you for your interest.

I read as far as your screen name, then rolled the dice that I was probably right. I thank you for your consistency.

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Unborn children will be attending college before this fanbase moves on from Rex

Right, but will they be going to Clemson?

No Jets fan can be this clueless. 

Rich Kotite is on lists for worst HC of any sport.  

He was that bad, for example........

Are you aware that by his own admission he didn't know all of the players on his own team?

or

That he would cut practices short so that he could go and play golf!!!!

The fact that some would bring his name up and lump him with other Jets HCs always amazes me. 

Archived