Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jetrider said:

Maybe not for a playoff virgin .413 career JAG going on his 12th year.

But it's the only sensible way for Jets to take Fitz - one year at a time. Money motivated guys like him only play hard for their next contract. 

.So give him a one year contract for low starter money. He is the starter and despite losing on week 17 he had a good year. You don;t give him a long term deal because like you say he doesn't have that history of accomplishment as a starter. If he did he'd be getting a lot more money,. But if you want him back you have to pay him for what he did in 2015 and not try to low ball him with backup money. Sure pay him by the year. 

Just now, jetrider said:

If I'm Fitz and undecided about continuing my career I'd rather have a front-loaded deal.

In that deal he just can't pocket the 12 mil and then retire after one season. If as reported it is a 3 year contract. He believes his value is over 8 mil per season. 

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

.So give him a one year contract for low starter money. He is the starter and despite losing on week 17 he had a good year. You don;t give him a long term deal because like you say he doesn't have that history of accomplishment as a starter. If he did he'd be getting a lot more money,. But if you want him back you have to pay him for what he did in 2015 and not try to low ball him with backup money. Sure pay him by the year. 

I agree with all of this except for paying him for past accomplishments. Pay him only for his present or future potential.

6 minutes ago, jetrider said:

I agree with all of this except for paying him for past accomplishments. Pay him only for his present or future potential.

You have to pay a player for past accomplishments. In Fitz's case mostly for 2015 but you can't ignore it. He was the starter and by most accounts had a good year except for game 17 and that wasn't all on one player. Look you might not agree on compensation with me. And week 17 cost him a lot of money.If we had made the playoffs he'd be getting more.The best deal for all concerned could be a one year contract,. Personally I still feel a two year deal is smarter. The guy is 33 but plenty of Qbs play beyond that,. And his legs are good, it's a great part of his game. People talk about his arm but what about his legs. And imo his arm is ok. 

44 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not at all. Reports state that it would be three years and 24 million. Which would be 8 average per year. I think the trip up right now is guaranteed money. 

The $12M is guaranteed in 2016, so he will be playing for more than the $7M stated in option 3. I also do not think the Jets expect him to be around for the entire length of the contract.

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

The $12M is guaranteed in 2016, so he will be playing for more than the $7M stated in option 3. I also do not think the Jets expect him to be around for the entire length of the contract.

Look, none of us know the details of the offer. But if you have a 3 year deal and you retire you don't get to keep all of the 12 mil. You broke the contract. The 12 mil isn't guaranteed money and usually that is pro-rated by the year. Taking 12 mil the first year and then agreeing to six and six isn't a good contract for a starting Qb. If the Jets don't believe he'll be there in 2017 then offer him a reasonable one year contract. Chances are if Hack is our future starter he won't be ready until 2018 but you never know. One year on the bench could be enough. 

16 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

You have to pay a player for past accomplishments. In Fitz's case mostly for 2015 but you can't ignore it. He was the starter and by most accounts had a good year except for game 17 and that wasn't all on one player. Look you might not agree on compensation with me. And week 17 cost him a lot of money.If we had made the playoffs he'd be getting more.The best deal for all concerned could be a one year contract,. Personally I still feel a two year deal is smarter. The guy is 33 but plenty of Qbs play beyond that,. And his legs are good, it's a great part of his game. People talk about his arm but what about his legs. And imo his arm is ok. 

He already was paid for 2015 and bottom line he choked at Buffalo.

If that was Geno who threw 3 season-killing 4th QTR picks anti-Genos would demand a public hanging. 

Fitz's arm is adequate within 35 yards in ideal conditions with 0 mph wind. He runs well when he remembers to use his legs ... unlike in Week 17.

46 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's what losing organizations do.

The good and smart teams pay their players on future production.

Past accomplishments mean absolutely nothing in the NFL.

We're talking about two different things. Assuming you give somebody a 2nd contract. Your team often doesn't. They get good years out of somebody and then let someone else pay them. But not always the case. They let Woolfork go last year (but he'd been re-signed in the past) and many others but also have re-signed veterans like McCourtey. And they don't re-sign bums. They do it based on past performance. We'll see if they let Malcolm Butler walk.

8 minutes ago, jetrider said:

He already was paid for 2015 and bottom line he choked at Buffalo.

If that was Geno who threw 3 season-killing 4th QTR picks anti-Genos would demand a public hanging. 

Fitz's arm is adequate within 35 yards in ideal conditions with 0 mph wind. He runs well when he remembers to use his legs ... unlike in Week 17.

Look he was paid backup money and he started. 

57 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Or under the table

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

12 million guaranteed over a 3 year contract is 4 million a year. Math isn't hard. 

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Jets could offer Ryan Fitzpatrick the highest QB contract ever by offering him a 3 year deal worth 90mil with first year figure being 12 mil full guaranteed and 2nd n 3rd year salary being 39 mil each, zero guarantees. 

The rumored 3 year 24 mil deal suggests they want him for more than 1 year else they could've offered 90 mil for all I care. 

Mall these "significant leak" figures are just rumors to me. Until there's something in writing, media will do anything they can to stir the pot. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

only the good team have crystal balls. bad teams don't.lol. how do you pay a player for what you think he will do in the future without taking into consideration his recent past? silly statement at best

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

only the good team have crystal balls. bad teams don't.lol. how do you pay a player for what you think he will do in the future without taking into consideration his recent past? silly statement at best

Expecting anything other than straight up trolling from PatsTrollTx is like hoping for a snow ball in hell.

10 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Expecting anything other than straight up trolling from PatsTrollTx is like hoping for a snow ball in hell.

It's obvious PatsFanTx wants to badly be JetsFanTx.  Why else would he spend so much time on here analyzing, critiquing, suggesting etc.  Come out the closet PatsFanTx.  We will welcome you with open arms.  Reject the Dark side and come to the greener pastures, its the Age of Aquarius.

1 minute ago, Powpow said:

It's obvious PatsFanTx wants to badly be JetsFanTx.  Why else would he spend so much time on here analyzing, critiquing, suggesting etc.  Come out the closet PatsFanTx.  We will welcome you with open arms.  Reject the Dark side and come to the greener pastures, its the Age of Aquarius.

It's because he is a complete loser in real life who gets his self worth from a cheating football team, so coming here makes him feel good about himself, it's really pathetic actually

37 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

12 million guaranteed over a 3 year contract is 4 million a year. Math isn't hard. 

Before you get sarcastic, know what you are talking about: $12M guaranteed in the first year.

But the New York Post reported Friday that the Jets are offering the veteran quarterback a three-year, $36 million deal, with $12 million guaranteed the first year. That is far more than the $6 million to $8 million mentioned previously. And the Post reports that offer has been on the table for four months.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-qb-quarterbacks-contract-new-deal-resign-salary-geno-smith/18y0am2sk5sxl153kluc4gv5ve

4 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Before you get sarcastic, know what you are talking about: $12M guaranteed in the first year.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/ryan-fitzpatrick-jets-qb-quarterbacks-contract-new-deal-resign-salary-geno-smith/18y0am2sk5sxl153kluc4gv5ve

And how much guaranteed after that? It's obvious Fitz doesn't care how much is guaranteed in year one. He wants guarantees in years two and three. I'm not sure what you don't understand here. He doesn't want a cuttable contract after year one. He wants security thoughout the life of it. And that's completely understandable. 

Just now, jetrider said:

$12M guaranteed the first year. Reading isn't hard.

How much years two and three are guaranteed? He doesn't want a Cro contract. Reading isn't hard, understanding it and making sure you're about to comprehend it certainly is for you. 

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

How much years two and three are guaranteed? He doesn't want a Cro contract. Reading isn't hard, understanding it and making sure you're about to comprehend it certainly is for you. 

43 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

$12M guaranteed the first year ≠ $4M the first year.

Nice spin attempt. You can't even comprehend your own bosh.

Just now, jetrider said:

$12M guaranteed the first year ≠ $4M the first year.

Nice spin attempt. You can't even comprehend your own bosh.

I think the problem here is you don't have the highest quality of education and your lack of comprehension is really making you struggle. Again, they could guarantee Fitz 18 this season and if there aren't any guarantees in year two or three, he's not signing it. He wants multiple years of not having to worry about having a job the next season and doing this all over again. Which is completely reasonable and what any player wants. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I think the problem here is you don't have the highest quality of education and your lack of comprehension is really making you struggle. Again, they could guarantee Fitz 18 this season and if there aren't any guarantees in year two or three, he's not signing it. He wants multiple years of not having to worry about having a job the next season and doing this all over again. Which is completely reasonable and what any player wants. 

More spin, dance, and waffling that doesn't change your foolish retort that $12M guaranteed the first year translates to $4M over 3 years.

Stick to the actual argument if you have any idea what that means.

18 minutes ago, jetrider said:

More spin, dance, and waffling that doesn't change your foolish retort that $12M guaranteed the first year translates to $4M over 3 years.

Stick to the actual argument if you have any idea what that means.

I'm sorry you can't understand it. Maybe have someone else explain it to you. 

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Again, they could guarantee Fitz 18 this season and if there aren't any guarantees in year two or three, he's not signing it. He wants multiple years of not having to worry about having a job the next season and doing this all over again. Which is completely reasonable and what any player wants. 

There are no offers from other NFL teams.   You can't hold out for conditions when nobody else wants you.  And they are offering to make him the starter, which is unheard of for a player in his situation.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

And how much guaranteed after that? It's obvious Fitz doesn't care how much is guaranteed in year one. He wants guarantees in years two and three. I'm not sure what you don't understand here. He doesn't want a cuttable contract after year one. He wants security thoughout the life of it. And that's completely understandable. 

My original post cited the poll of option c. In 2016 he will be paid $12M guaranteed, exceeding $7M.  BTW, I don't believe he has a shot of getting much guaranteed money after 2016.

33 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

There are no offers from other NFL teams.   You can't hold out for conditions when nobody else wants you.  And they are offering to make him the starter, which is unheard of for a player in his situation.

Sure he can. He is literally doing it right now. And winning.

9 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

My original post cited the poll of option c. In 2016 he will be paid $12M guaranteed, exceeding $7M.  BTW, I don't believe he has a shot of getting much guaranteed money after 2016.

Again, that 7 million is a fool's number. Taking into consideration just 2016 is not the way anyone is considering it. This contract isn't happening in a vacuum. 

1 hour ago, kelticwizard said:

yet, he is doing it

Archived