Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sure he can. He is literally doing it right now. And winning.

Again, that 7 million is a fool's number. Taking into consideration just 2016 is not the way anyone is considering it. This contract isn't happening in a vacuum. 

You don't know the exact math either. You're just fabricating anything to cover your $12M = $4M over 3 years nonsense.  

$12M spread over 3 years is $4M guaranteed per year, not $12M guaranteed the first year.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't sign Fitz over a few million bucks then welcome back to 4-12. Some of you have already said they don't mind that. They want to lose so they can draft yet another "franchise Qb." This coming off of a 10-6 and being one play away from making the playoffs. Talk about being losers. 

Just now, Rangers9 said:

If you don't sign Fitz over a few million bucks then welcome back to 4-12. Some of you have already said they don't mind that. They want to lose so they can draft yet another "franchise Qb." This coming off of a 10-6 and being one play away from making the playoffs. Talk about being losers. 

Giving a QB who's never made the playoffs $12 million dollars and another year to stall your program is arguably worse than risking a down year in the hopes one of your young QBs steps up. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Giving a QB who's never made the playoffs $12 million dollars and another year to stall your program is arguably worse than risking a down year in the hopes one of your young QBs steps up. 

Look Tom the reported  offer isn't 12 mil for one season. It's 12 mil front loaded but 6 and then 6. This isn't going to get it done, it's way under market. If the Jets only want him for 1 season then give him a competitive one year deal. Also on that reported contract there is no mention about guaranteed money. I wouldn't be saying this a million times but I honestly think we have a good chance to make the playoffs in 2016 with Fitz. We have good chemistry there at least we did until this contract stalemate. Why screw up a good thing but it's possible that's exactly what Mac and Woody are doing.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sure he can. He is literally doing it right now. And winning.

Again, that 7 million is a fool's number. Taking into consideration just 2016 is not the way anyone is considering it. This contract isn't happening in a vacuum. 

If he signs the contact and the Jets cut him after one season he made $12M. That's all I'm saying.

Look Tom the reported  offer isn't 12 mil for one season. It's 12 mil front loaded but 6 and then 6. This isn't going to get it done, it's way under market. If the Jets only want him for 1 season then give him a competitive one year deal. Also on that reported contract there is no mention about guaranteed money. I wouldn't be saying this a million times but I honestly think we have a good chance to make the playoffs in 2016 with Fitz. We have good chemistry there at least we did untilho this contract stalemate. Why screw up a good thing but it's possible that's exactly what Mac and Woody are doing.

Way under market value according to who?

Fitz is a 34-year old below average JAG QB who has never played in a playoff game in 11 years.

What possible upside is there for the Jets to pay this loser $12MM?

There is none. Jets FO is handling this correct.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Fitz is a 34-year old below average JAG QB who has never played in a playoff game in 11 years.

No they're not they are acting stupid as usual. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitz is winning how many fake accounts voted in the last 24 hours. 

Now this here is the problem with Fitz being unemployed.  Way too much free time on his hands to create fake accounts and vote.  

C'mon Fitz.  Get to the gym or something instead of ruining our poll.  Maybe work out that peashooter you call an arm.

After much deliberation I have voted for Geno. I would prefer to use the money saved to sign Mo. This organization should not be waiting this long for a mediocre QB who had a career year to sign a more than generous contract offer.

18 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

After much deliberation I have voted for Geno. I would prefer to use the money saved to sign Mo. This organization should not be waiting this long for a mediocre QB who had a career year to sign a more than generous contract offer.

Way to go!!!!!!

47 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

On May 29, 2016 at 4:23 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Wow I couldn't say it better myself .. 

On May 29, 2016 at 11:53 PM, Powpow said:

Sore loser.  Just like Geno.  Scrub minds think alike.

Fitzpatrick is the loser an 11 year loser how many years have you too been a loser. 

Simple minded is the only excuse I can imagine is your problem. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Fitzpatrick is the loser an 11 year loser how many years have you too been a loser. 

Simple minded is the only excuse I can imagine is your problem. 

Its mind boggling that we finally get a QB that gives us a winning record after years of futility and all you can do is character assassinate the guy.  Now that's what a call a loser.

3 hours ago, aec4 said:

I'd rather see Petty start if the alternative is Geno.   I voted for Fitz at 10+ and would have voted for him if it was 13-14.

but geno wasn't given a fair chance!!!! I don't think you know a thing about football. all the smart guys tell me is that you cannot judge a young qb fairly until he is gifted his 4th starting job. than after the 4th year, you can blame the schedule, weather, and weapons.

why would you vote for fitz @10m+???. can you not see his entire season was a mirage? the largest hoax ever carried out in any sport,ever!!! you credit fitz with 33 td's? I credit fitz for 2. the ones he ran in, because anybody with 1 working eye could see that fitz took the snap, closed his eyes, and just threw the ball up for grabs. super human catch after super human catch was the result. you credit fitz with only 15 interceptions? how do you not take into consideration the 30 or so "coulda, woulda, shoulda been" interceptions? you credit fitz with 10 wins? I call bs on that one. there was atleast 8 or 9 "almost losses". to go along with a bunch of "just missed" sacks and "just about" fumbles.

don't you know that qb's that play some of the worst football ever witnessed by the human eye suddenly become the answer to a franchise after they get their jaw broke? over $600? by a teammate? its clearly in front of you. you just cant see it

aec4, please learn something, anything about football before you post again. I suggest you start watching more games and pay attention to some of the smarter guys on this board. it has done wonders for me:D

33 minutes ago, ylekram said:

but geno wasn't given a fair chance!!!! I don't think you know a thing about football. all the smart guys tell me is that you cannot judge a young qb fairly until he is gifted his 4th starting job. than after the 4th year, you can blame the schedule, weather, and weapons.

why would you vote for fitz @10m+???. can you not see his entire season was a mirage? the largest hoax ever carried out in any sport,ever!!! you credit fitz with 33 td's? I credit fitz for 2. the ones he ran in, because anybody with 1 working eye could see that fitz took the snap, closed his eyes, and just threw the ball up for grabs. super human catch after super human catch was the result. you credit fitz with only 15 interceptions? how do you not take into consideration the 30 or so "coulda, woulda, shoulda been" interceptions? you credit fitz with 10 wins? I call bs on that one. there was atleast 8 or 9 "almost losses". to go along with a bunch of "just missed" sacks and "just about" fumbles.

don't you know that qb's that play some of the worst football ever witnessed by the human eye suddenly become the answer to a franchise after they get their jaw broke? over $600? by a teammate? its clearly in front of you. you just cant see it

aec4, please learn something, anything about football before you post again. I suggest you start watching more games and pay attention to some of the smarter guys on this board. it has done wonders for me:D

how was Fitz after 3 years in the league? how was he after basically one full season?

30 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how was Fitz after 3 years in the league? how was he after basically one full season?

he sucked. he sucked thru 10 years. he sucked last year. he will suck again this year. didn't you read my post?

Archived