Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Powpow said:

You have lost all credibility you garnered from being pro Glennon by supporting Geno Catpiss Smith. Truly mind boggling.  :blink:

Thats totally cool with me. 

If I find any more credibility in between my couch cushions or something I'll make sure to lose those as well! ;)

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Let me remind you Ryan Fitzpatrick 6 teams in 11 years never made the playoffs currently unsigned by 32 NFL teams.

no need to remind him. you have said this exact statement about 4,000 times in the past month

24 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

No matter which option you chose, this has been a pretty epic thread.  Nice job, Mike135!

Thanks Corn.  Anything to pass the offseason.  Especially during this "QB in limbo" time.

Btw, how's 135 been?  Good fans in my old seats?  Should be back in there this season or next.  Been busy and freakin broke trying to get a business going.

12 hours ago, j4jets said:

Fitz will obviously not take 7mil so the answer is:

33% want Fitz

67% want Geno

/thread

Kind of hard to believe that 50 Jets fans (in the world) want Geno Smith. I think if you did a vote at Met Life during one of Geno's games, you'd get a more accurate polling of how most Jets fans feel about him. And you know how they like to show their true feelings.. If 7 mil is the Jets final offer to Fitz and they don't sweeten it (I think it's more than that-just guessing but maybe 8-9) then it's not impossible that Fitz would accept it if no other offers. It's still a lot of money to turn down. He could take a one year deal and if he plays well cash in the following year. But I think the money (closer to 20/2) will be offered by Mac but right now it's not on the books. 

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Kind of hard to believe that 50 Jets fans (in the world) want Geno Smith. I think if you did a vote at Met Life during one of Geno's games, you'd get a more accurate polling of how most Jets fans feel about him. And you know how they like to show their true feelings.. If 7 mil is the Jets final offer to Fitz and they don't sweeten it (I think it's more than that-just guessing but maybe 8-9) then it's not impossible that Fitz would accept it if no other offers. It's still a lot of money to turn down. He could take a one year deal and if he plays well cash in the following year. But I think the money (closer to 20/2) will be offered by Mac but right now it's not on the books. 

Aaron Rodgers isn't available. It's Fitz vs Geno.  Not hard to choose Geno.

Just now, YankeeJet22 said:

Aaron Rodgers isn't available. It's Fitz vs Geno.  Not hard to choose Geno.

I'm starting to think there is an ulterior motive for this because if just play on the field it can't be Geno. It's not like he didn't get a good chance with the Jets. He had two seasons and played poorly. Fitz had one year with the Jets and played well. And the team with him played a lot better. The coach and the GM (and the players) obviously want Fitz to be the starter. I guess their opinion means nothing to some fans. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'm starting to think there is an ulterior motive for this because if just play on the field it can't be Geno. It's not like he didn't get a good chance with the Jets. He had two seasons and played poorly. Fitz had one year with the Jets and played well. And the team with him played a lot better. The coach and the GM (and the players) obviously want Fitz to be the starter. I guess their opinion means nothing to some fans. 

Yes, the ulterior motive is to play a QB that has a higher ceiling than Fitz and his salary.  Whether that is Geno, or Geno leading to Petty/Hackenberg, that player has a higher ceiling than Fitz.

Yes, the coach wants him back, but I suspect Mac doesn't care if he comes back.  Fitz offers Bowles a comfort zone.  Mac's eyes doesn't see a starter.

7 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

Yes, the ulterior motive is to play a QB that has a higher ceiling than Fitz and his salary.  Whether that is Geno, or Geno leading to Petty/Hackenberg, that player has a higher ceiling than Fitz.

Yes, the coach wants him back, but I suspect Mac doesn't care if he comes back.  Fitz offers Bowles a comfort zone.  Mac's eyes doesn't see a starter.

good post...this is closer to the truth I'd bet

10 minutes ago, YankeeJet22 said:

mac has said he wants fitz back. I believe the word "priority" was used. doesn't sound at all that he doesn't care

10 minutes ago, ylekram said:

mac has said he wants fitz back. I believe the word "priority" was used. doesn't sound at all that he doesn't care

Well not that an NFL team would ever be concerned with profits, but if the Jets were...  it would sure seem like a good idea to make it look like all options are still on the table (e.g. Fitz, Geno, Hack).  Easier to sell tickets that way.

But if ya remove speculation, articles, tweets and quotes, and only look at the current state of things:

1. Geno is currently on the roster.
  2. Fitz is not and it's mid-May.  He's been dangling out in free agency with no takers.  Somewhat unheard of for an NFL starter.
  3. The cap situation.

If come August it's announced Geno is the starter and Fitz is not signed, we'll look back and see the writing was on the wall the whole damn time.

Just now, Mike135 said:

Well not that an NFL team would ever be concerned with profits, but if the Jets were...  it would sure seem like a good idea to make it look like all options are still on the table (e.g. Fitz, Geno, Hack).  Easier to sell tickets that way.

But if ya remove articles, tweets answer quotes, and only look at the current state of things:

1. Geno is currently on the roster.
  2. Fitz is not and it's mid-May.  He's been dangling out in free agency with no takers.  Somewhat unheard of for an NFL starter.
  3. The cap situation.

If come August it's announced Geno is the starter and Fitz is not signed, we'll look back and see the writing was on the wall the whole damn time.

mike, the writing has been on the wall since pre season last year. nothing has changed.

the only thing stopping mac from signing fitz is the difference in money, not the cap situation

fitz aint retiring. I know this. you know this. Fitzpatrick knows this. the jets know this

fitz will sign with the jets. I know this. fitz knows this. the jets know this.its time for you to get on board

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

mike, the writing has been on the wall since pre season last year. nothing has changed.

the only thing stopping mac from signing fitz is the difference in money, not the cap situation

fitz aint retiring. I know this. you know this. Fitzpatrick knows this. the jets know this

fitz will sign with the jets. I know this. fitz knows this. the jets know this.its time for you to get on board

40 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

You're just pissed I'm about to pass ya in rep points with less than a third of your posts.  B)

YEA, I do have a following of 5-6 guys that neg rep me all the time. I , personally, never gave anyone a negative rep. I really don't understand how the rep system works or what it is for.

1 minute ago, ylekram said:

YEA, I do have a following of 5-6 guys that neg rep me all the time. I , personally, never gave anyone a negative rep. I really don't understand how the rep system works or what it is for.

Well if ya want some more negative reps, join the pro-Geno argument.  We're hiring.

12 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well if ya want some more negative reps, join the pro-Geno argument.  We're hiring.

I will join the pro geno movement if and when he earns it. he was gifted 3 starting jobs. I have zero interest in geno smith until  he "earns" the 4th

11 minutes ago, ylekram said:

I will join the pro geno movement if and when he earns it. he was gifted 3 starting jobs. I have zero interest in geno smith until  he "earns" the 4th

Makes sense.  One of my worries (among others) is that by paying Fitz 7mil or more, there would be no realistic way possible for Geno to earn the job.

At this point I'm just hoping that IF the Jets really are interested in potentially bringing Fitz back, whatever the holdup is, it keeps things pending for a while longer.  So it gives Geno a chance to earn the gig during practice/camp.

1 minute ago, Mike135 said:

Makes sense.  One of my worries (among others) is that by paying Fitz 7mil or more, there would be no realistic way possible for Geno to earn the job.

At this point I'm just hoping that IF the Jets really are interested in potentially bringing Fitz back, whatever the holdup is, it keeps things pending for a while longer.  So it gives Geno a chance to earn the gig during practice/camp.

if the coaching staff is worth its salt, it shouldn't/wouldn't go down like this. if that's the case, the jets have bigger problems than the qb

Just now, Mike135 said:

Makes sense.  One of my wories (among others) is that by paying Fitz 7mil or more, there would be no realistic way possible for Geno to earn the job.

At this point I'm just hoping that IF the Jets really are interestedin potentially bring Fitz back, whatever the holdup is, keeps things pending.  So it gives Geno a chance to earn the gig during practice/camp.

If the Jets start out as poorly as a lot of people think, no matter who the QB is, by week 8 they'll be calling for the back-up. For example, if Geno is the starter and he does Geno things and starts 1-5 or 2-4 or 0-6, they'll be clamoring for Petty. And by they I mean a lot of fans the papers. Even if Fitz comes back with 15 million (not per year guaranteed), unless he and the Jets start the season better than .500, there will be an uproar for his job too.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If the Jets start out as poorly as a lot of people think, no matter who the QB is, by week 8 they'll be calling for the back-up. For example, if Geno is the starter and he does Geno things and starts 1-5 or 2-4 or 0-6, they'll be clamoring for Petty. And by they I mean a lot of fans the papers. Even if Fitz comes back with 15 million (not per year guaranteed), unless he and the Jets start the season better than .500, there will be an uproar for his job too.

Very true.  But that's another reason why I want Geno to start.  I think he's the only guy who could potentially get us through the first 6 games at 500 or better.  Likely?  Eh... probably not.  But Geno living up to his potential makes it more likely than Fitz at his best.  Those teams are gonna score more than 21 points on us.

It's like saying, "Alright Geno, last chance.  And it's not gonna be easy.  Go earn it or lose it."

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

But Geno living up to his potential makes it more likely than Fitz at his best.  

It was all a dream. Last season never happened.

All Geno needs is more weapons (should be available by 2017), a normal schedule (should be available by 2017), and the chance to grow into his potential (should be available by 2017).  

The 2016 season should therefore be dedicated to developing Geno. 

2 minutes ago, sackdance said:

It was all a dream. Last season never happened.

All Geno needs is more weapons (should be available by 2017), a normal schedule (should be available by 2017), and the chance to grow into his potential (should be available by 2017).  

The 2016 season should therefore be a Geno developmental phase.  

Pretty sure the remainder of my previous post you partially quoted, sufficiently covers this.

3 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Pretty sure the remainder of my previous post you partially quoted, sufficiently covers this.

I'm also interested in snagging Mark Sanchez's services.

According to my calculations he should be ripe for success. We can have a Sanchez/Geno quarterback competition in 2017, but Geno starts this year. There is no challenging his qualifications.

Also Mike135 needs to be GM of the Jets.  

Archived