Poll: Fitz vs Geno

Mike135

Fitz or Geno?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. 2016 Starter?

• Fitz @8mil+ (most likely 10mil+ and multiple years)
    • Geno
    • Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno. (Added for LIJetsFan.)

2 minutes ago, sackdance said:

I'm also interested in snagging Mark Sanchez's services.

According to my calculations he should be ripe for success. We can have a Sanchez/Geno quarterback competition in 2017, but Geno starts this year. There is no challenging his qualifications.

Also Mike135 needs to be GM of the Jets.  

I support this message.

taxi-drive-clap_done_.gif

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Thanks Corn.  Anything to pass the offseason.  Especially during this "QB in limbo" time.

Btw, how's 135 been?  Good fans in my old seats?  Should be back in there this season or next.  Been busy and freakin broke trying to get a business going.

Totally agree, and it's a good debate!  If Geno is the starter, I hope he lights it up.  I think he throws a beautiful ball and runs really well.  Would love to see him pull it all together.  I voted for C just since I think it is the safest option.  But this thing has dragged on forever.  If it's Geno, let's roll!

And yes there have been good folks in your old seats.  Did you sell them completely, or just selling games?  I moved 1 row back and 2 seats over.  So I'm now like 3.5 seats off the aisle.  And I like being in the last row so I can stand whenever I want.  I love 135!

6 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

Totally agree, and it's a good debate!  If Geno is the starter, I hope he lights it up.  I think he throws a beautiful ball and runs really well.  Would love to see him pull it all together.  I voted for C just since I think it is the safest option.  But this thing has dragged on forever.  If it's Geno, let's roll!

And yes there have been good folks in your old seats.  Did you sell them completely, or just selling games?  I moved 1 row back and 2 seats over.  So I'm now like 3.5 seats off the aisle.  And I like being in the last row so I can stand whenever I want.  I love 135!

Option C is definitely understandable.

Good to hear about 135.  I spoke to the ticketing dept last year about this time and told them I couldn't swing it for 2015.  Haven't heard back since.  Once I'm ready to get back in, I'll be aiming for those same seats again.  Hopefully they're available.  Otherwise I'll be contacting the current owners and probably paying extra to entice 'em to move.  I loved those darn seats.  But great to hear good fans have been filling in.  Was worried they'd end up as scalper tickets having visiting team fans there all the time.

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Option C is definitely understandable.

Good to hear about 135.  I spoke to the ticketing dept last year about this time and told them I couldn't swing it for 2015.  Haven't heard back since.  Once I'm ready to get back in, I'll be aiming for those same seats again.  Hopefully they're available.  Otherwise I'll be contacting the current owners and probably paying extra to entice 'em to move.  I loved those darn seats.  But great to hear good fans have been filling in.  Was worried they'd end up as scalper tickets having visiting team fans there all the time.

Cool, well if you ever want to go, you can take my extra!

On one hand, he currently is and could end up being the team’s starter — so long as Fitzpatrick isn’t re-signed. But if the Jets do bring Fitzpatrick back, the team would have four quarterbacks on the team and Smith could be the odd-man out on the 53-man roster. However on Wednesday, head coach Todd Bowles poured some cold water on the notion that Smith could be cut before the season.

Geno Smith has the potential to be anywhere from the Jets' No. 1 QB to off the roster.

Geno Smith has the potential to be anywhere from the Jets' No. 1 QB to off the roster.

(KATHY WILLENS/AP)

“I didn’t know his roster spot was in jeopardy,” Bowles said of Smith. “Any one of those guys could be the starter depending on injury. But I’m glad you taught me something today. Thank you for telling me.”

Smith said he is not bothered the organization has said publicly they want Fitzpatrick to return and he would automatically be the starter. He also said he was OK with Jets teammates voicing their support for Fitzpatrick, pointing out they have done the same for him in the past. Smith, who started in 2013 and ’14 for the Jets, said he has never lost his confidence.

“When I’m out there on the field no matter who I’m with my job is to score points,” he said. “I have the utmost confidence in my abilities and myself. When the time comes when I’m out there, I’ll go out there and perform. As of right now, it’s about what we’re doing here and taking care of business.”

geno-smith-big-dl4.jpg?w=625

10 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Smith said he is not bothered the organization has said publicly they want Fitzpatrick to return and he would automatically be the starter. He also said he was OK with Jets teammates voicing their support for Fitzpatrick, pointing out they have done the same for him in the past. Smith, who started in 2013 and ’14 for the Jets, said he has never lost his confidence.

“When I’m out there on the field no matter who I’m with my job is to score points,” he said. “I have the utmost confidence in my abilities and myself. When the time comes when I’m out there, I’ll go out there and perform. As of right now, it’s about what we’re doing here and taking care of business.”

Definition of a professional

8 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Sounds good and nice response from Geno.  But I'd love to hear how he replies to questions about one of the team's top WRs actually boycotting OTAs because he doesn't want to catch balls from Geno.

If he can pull off that response appropriately (I couldn't, I be calling Deck a little bitch), he's definitely matured enough to handle the NY media.

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Sounds good and nice response from Geno.  But I'd love to hear how he replies to questions about one of the team's top WRs actually boycotting OTAs because he doesn't want to catch balls from Geno.

If he can pull off that response appropriately (I couldn't, I be calling Deck a little bitch), he's definitely matured enough to handle the NY media.

He'll probably give more of this ...

"I don't think they've said anything negative about me," said Smith, shrugging it off. "I do understand those guys. ... We all had a wonderful year last year. I don't want to speak on anyone else's statements, but it doesn't rub me the wrong way."

Interestingly, the Jets haven't given away Fitzpatrick's locker stall. It remains empty, with no nameplate above it.

1 hour ago, jetrider said:

Well America, Jets fans worldwide have spoken and choose Eugene "Geno" Cyril Smith III as the Official #1 Jets QB over Ryan "Amish January Sofa" Fitzpatrick at any price.

very sad and pitiful post

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

****UPDATE***** 

Geno still winning.

Actually if you add up the 3 options Fitzpatrick has a huge lead, but option 3 isn't valid anymore since we now know the Jets have offered Fitz $12M for this season.

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Actually if you add up the 3 options Fitzpatrick has a huge lead, but option 3 isn't valid anymore since we now know the Jets have offered Fitz $12M for this season.

So remove option #3 and Geno is winning 51-49

7 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

We do not know that. It was just a comment from an unnamed player. 

If it is accurate and it is for 3 years with 12 mil guaranteed it could still very well average 7 mil per year. 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Quite an endorsement. Geno + 10 million dollars > Fitzpatrick. 

There is no option in between 7 mil and 10 mil. I would bet Fitz would win by a 2 to 1 margin if it were 8, or even 8.5 mil average. 

2 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm almost positive Mac and Woodrow are reading this poll and will act according to the results.

Yeah they'll split the difference between options 1 and 3 and give Fitz 3 years 24 mil.  

12 mil upfront 4 mil first year with the 8 mil bonus spread out 

I think Fitz has two more years as a good starter left in the tank. But if the Jets are skeptical then offer him a one year deal for 10-12 10 straight salary and 2 more in incentives. . If Fitz has confidence in himself he might decide to take it and parlay that into more money in 2017. I've always felt a 2 for 20 deal with incentives was fair for both sides, not all guaranteed but prob around 14 guaranteed. 3 for 24 isn't going to do it. Plus according to rumor some of that are incentives. So he might not even get the 24. Not sure if Denver is still interested in giving him a one year deal. . 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Technically you can give all the votes in option 3 to Geno, because it states if Fitz wants more than $7M, Geno is the preference "Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno."

19 hours ago, ylekram said:

very sad and pitiful post

33.11% want Fitz at his price

32.43% want Fitz for cheap

34.46% say f**k Fitz we want Geno 

30 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

He turned it down. His desire to play football isn't strong enough to take $12M; he'd rather puss out than lead the team. 

Option 3 means for a penny over $7M fans would rather have Geno. That means ...

66.89% want Geno 

:win: :welc: JETS JETS JETS :yahoo:

The 12 mil figure is misleading. It makes him look like a greedy bastard for not taking it. To me the Jets are the ones who are looking bad for only releasing the first year of probably a 3 year deal if you go by rumors. Let them leak the entire contract then. There are also rumors that it's filled with incentives so he might not get even 8 mil per season. 

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Technically you can give all the votes in option 3 to Geno, because it states if Fitz wants more than $7M, Geno is the preference "Fitz @7mil and not a penny more! Otherwise Geno."

Not at all. Reports state that it would be three years and 24 million. Which would be 8 average per year. I think the trip up right now is guaranteed money. 

24 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

I'm almost positive Mac and Woodrow are reading this poll and will act according to the results.

What's Macc's first name?  Who's to say he wasn't the one who started this poll? B)

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The 12 mil figure is misleading. It makes him look like a greedy bastard for not taking it. To me the Jets are the ones who are looking bad for only releasing the first year of probably a 3 year deal if you go by rumors. Let them leak the entire contract then. There are also rumors that it's filled with incentives so he might not get even 8 mil per season. 

1. The poll applies to 2016.

2. Whether or not it involves guarantees, incentives, or a combo of both to hit $12M, the money is still offered and attainable for 2016.   

1 minute ago, jetrider said:

1. The poll applies to 2016.

2. Whether or not it involves guarantees, incentives, or a combo of both to hit $12M, the money is still offered and attainable for 2016.   

I'n glad you're not my agent (if I had one). It's a front loaded deal. And not a good contract.

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'n glad you're not my agent (if I had one). It's a front loaded deal. And not a good contract.

Maybe not for a playoff virgin .413 career JAG going on his 12th year.

But it's the only sensible way for Jets to take Fitz - one year at a time. Money motivated guys like him only play hard for their next contract. 

Archived