Tank every season until we get a Franchise QB?

BowlesMovement

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Should this just be the strategy? Hopefully Hack or Petty is that guy, but the odds are they are not. So do we let one of them start, rank the season, draft a high QB next year and rinse and repeat until we get one? Each year let all the young QBs fight it out, hoping one emerges as the guy.

Of course the HC and GM will be fired every 2-3 years, and nobody would want to play here until the guy is found.

As fans, would you support the team during this plan? Go to games? Buy gear?

Because the long list of franchise QBs who went 1st overall are? 

Only a fool chases this plan

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Your an antagonistic little a$$hole who has probably never gotten laid in your pathetic life

What does any of this have to do with getting laid?

Who says shlt that stupid?

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

He's an antagonistic little a$$hole, and your just an a$$hole, enjoy each other

And youre owned by an a$$hole, and an a$$hole,

What kind of loser does that make you? 

1 minute ago, BowlesMovement said:

To have a topic other than Geno vs Fitz, if you don't like the topic, don't ******* post in it a$$hole

So you started a thread with a topic that you yourself dont agree with to get responses

Kind of the definition of a troll.

Not even a good one

Just now, BowlesMovement said:

Lol, glad you two a$$hole idiots think your owning anyone, your both morons

That's you're.  Learn the language if you're going to call anyone a moron. 

You don't want to look like a total moron

2 hours ago, BowlesMovement said:

Should this just be the strategy? Hopefully Hack or Petty is that guy, but the odds are they are not. So do we let one of them start, rank the season, draft a high QB next year and rinse and repeat until we get one? Each year let all the young QBs fight it out, hoping one emerges as the guy.

Of course the HC and GM will be fired every 2-3 years, and nobody would want to play here until the guy is found.

As fans, would you support the team during this plan? Go to games? Buy gear?

Let's just draft a QB every round of every draft till we find a franchise QB, we can fill the rest of the positions with UDFAs.  :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Villian The Foe put he/she on IGNORE it improves the quality of life on this forum 110% listen me.

I've been ignoring him for a good while now. I'm just here to laugh at some bad ideas then watch as he quickly suggests that it's not about Fitz, then it's just hypothetical then finally that he wouldn't do this....though he's the one who made the thread.  You can't get this type of funny on any cable channel lol

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I've been ignoring him for a good while now. I'm just here to laugh at some bad ideas then watch as he quickly suggests that it's not about Fitz, then it's just hypothetical then finally that he wouldn't do this....though he's the one who made the thread.  You can't get this type of funny on any cable channel lol

Your an a$$hole, don't like the post, ignore it a$$hole, you and your girl are like a bunch of teenage girls on the rag, grow the fk up

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You've chosen to ignore content by BowlesMovement.sheep   :rl:

How about this approach?  Let's get a solid journeyman QB with 2-3 good years left to hold down the fort and have 3-4 young cheap prospects to learn the game before we feed them to the wolves.   After each training camp stack rank the QBs and drop or PS the 1-2 with the least potential.  Rinse and repeat the following year.  If in the process you find/develop a franchise QB move the vet to 2nd string, in case of injury.

i know silly idea.

18 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

How about this approach?  Let's get a solid journeyman QB with 2-3 good years left to hold down the fort and have 3-4 young cheap prospects to learn the game before we feed them to the wolves.   After each training camp stack rank the QBs and drop or PS the 1-2 with the least potential.  Rinse and repeat the following year.  If in the process you find/develop a franchise QB move the vet to 2nd string, in case of injury.

i know silly idea.

Not a silly idea, just unnecessary. You get the journeyman when you don't have the team required to place around your young QB's. At some point you must push the young bird out of the nest. 98% of birds learned how to fly this way, 1% died on the way down and the other 1% was coddled, never being pushed out the nest,which ultimately handicapped them...which is nothing more than dead weight. 

You can't continue to keep your QB's in the nest. Geno is now a 4th year QB with a year under his belt learning the system while being out of the spotlight (somewhat) given Fitz time here. Well, Geno is in a contract year. It's time to see what he's made of. He has no excuse now. He has targets, a running game, defense as well as the right coaching. Bringing in a journeyman again is only going to stunt growth because we simply won't be able to find out on the field unless we throw him out there. He is more prepared now than he ever was under Rex Ryan. If he doesn't work, cool. Now Petty has had two years in the system along with Hackenberg having one year. You will still have most of the vet talent around along with young up and coming talent so there will still be a solid team to support. 

This is how you do it. You don't bring in a journeyman to start while you have a young fourth year player in a contract year. Sooner or later this "Geno" situation has to stop being so personal with fans. 

7 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Not a silly idea, just unnecessary. You get the journeyman when you don't have the team required to place around your young QB's. At some point you must push the young bird out of the nest. 98% of birds learned how to fly this way, 1% died on the way down and the other 1% was coddled, never being pushed out the nest,which ultimately handicapped them...which is nothing more than dead weight. 

You can't continue to keep your QB's in the nest. Geno is now a 4th year QB with a year under his belt learning the system while being out of the spotlight (somewhat) given Fitz time here. Well, Geno is in a contract year. It's time to see what he's made of. He has no excuse now. He has targets, a running game, defense as well as the right coaching. Bringing in a journeyman again is only going to stunt growth because we simply won't be able to find out on the field unless we throw him out there. He is more prepared now than he ever was under Rex Ryan. If he doesn't work, cool. Now Petty has had two years in the system along with Hackenberg having one year. You will still have most of the vet talent around along with young up and coming talent so there will still be a solid team to support. 

This is how you do it. You don't bring in a journeyman to start while you have a young fourth year player in a contract year. Sooner or later this "Geno" situation has to stop being so personal with fans. 

It's all about Fitzpatrick for you, when you were on your Glennon obsession you did not give a rats ass about Geno or finding out what we had in him. You just don't want Fitz because he made you look like an idiot, actually, you made yourself look like an idiot, he just exposed you. Your the biggest hypocrite on the board, you made it personal with Fotzpatrick, and now you call everyone out for doing it with Geno, quick, go PM your girlfriends to chime in.

13 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

98% of bird learn to fly?  Maybe, but 1% of drafted QBs are worth a damn.

And yet some would suggest to tank every season until we "hit". Back on point, 0% of Jets drafted QB's are worth a damn, and I'll bet that a huge reason why was because of coaching, lack of talent and a poorly ran franchise. 

Sometimes it's not about the hand you're dealt, but how you play that hand. 

And for the record, yes some hands are not worth a damn, but anyone who knows the game have seen people who pretend to know the game squander good hands and blame it on the cards. 

42 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

I thought this was a real thread. 

It's kind of like Escape from LA. You click on that title, think you're gonna get someone saying something interesting in response to the question, and instead you get Snake playing a game of friggin basketball and Henry Fonda trying to teach him how to surf through a god damn canyon. What the hell was Carpenter thinking with that sacreligious piece of crap anyways?

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh look, Bowelsmovement is going back and giving every post a neg rep.

what are you, 12? Put us on ignore.  You'll still have a life.  As you define it.

Use the IGNORE feature on him/her improve your overall Jets forum experience without reading his/her drivel. 

Im also getting negative repped and I'm also giving it back. 

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh look, Bowelsmovement is going back and giving every post a neg rep.

what are you, 12? Put us on ignore.  You'll still have a life.  As you define it.

The same guy who talks endlessly about Geno's maturity, or lack thereof. I went and thumbed down his post in return, but I don't go endlessly pointing out other people's lack of maturity so I guess I can do it while at the same time not looking like a hypocrite. lol

Chalk up another victory for the usual suspects! Just make sure you put the check in my column this time. I've noticed you stealing other people's victories on our way to taking over Jetnation. :angry::angry:

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's kind of like Escape from LA. You click on that title, think you're gonna get someone saying something interesting in response to the question, and instead you get Snake playing a game of friggin basketball and Henry Fonda trying to teach him how to surf through a god damn canyon. What the hell was Carpenter thinking with that sacreligious piece of crap anyways?

Ya. It's like renting a VHS of Big Trouble in Little China only to find a copy of Overboard inside the video sleeve.  And after watching twenty minutes of Goldie Hawn's redneck children, I've decided to boycott all Kurt Russell movies for the rest of my life.  

Which sucks, cause I never saw Captain Ron.  

Ya. It's like renting a VHS of Big Trouble in Little China only to find a copy of Overboard inside the video sleeve.  And after watching twenty minutes of Goldie Hawn's redneck children, I've decided to boycott all Kurt Russell movies for the rest of my life.  

Which sucks, cause I never saw Captain Ron.  

Dude. If you haven't seen Used Cars. Do so now! Otherwise you'll regret what you just said FOREVER!

Archived